Bring4th

Full Version: i bought an oster steamer from macys
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
it cost $47 delivered to the house. it got very good reviews from users
on the web. i used it for the first time today popped some organic
brocolli in there set the timer to 18 minutes and presto. its much more
convenient than steaming the broccoli on the stove in a pot. being a
diabetic i have to watch my intake. complex carbs cause a slow rise
in blood sugar so u get a free ride with theses. bagels would not be
the ideal breakfast for me even though i will treat myself every once in
a while. im very happy i bought this it is going to cause me to steam a
lot of vegetables

norral
That's great. I've been trying to eat healthier too.
norral, is this something where just toss in some veggies and water, start it going and forget about it? Combine that with a rice cooker and a crock pot, and it sounds like your gadgets could cook dinner for you without any human attention.
hey guys

i bought it for the convenience. yes you just put some water in it
and throw the veggies in the tray and set the timer and thats it
it doesnt need any attention at all. it also has a rice cooker included
with it but we havent tried that yet

norral
(10-28-2010, 12:52 AM)Questioner Wrote: [ -> ]norral, is this something where just toss in some veggies and water, start it going and forget about it? Combine that with a rice cooker and a crock pot, and it sounds like your gadgets could cook dinner for you without any human attention.

Now all he needs is some device to eat the meal for him Wink
When I first read this, I somehow misunderstood and constructed in my mind that you were making broccoli bagels. Haha!

I'm glad you're on top of your food intake situation! I think that's something that proves challenging for a lot of us to do, myself included.
(10-28-2010, 11:45 AM)Aaron Wrote: [ -> ]When I first read this, I somehow misunderstood and constructed in my mind that you were making broccoli bagels. Haha!
BigSmile

I read it at first as "an oyster steamer." I didn't know that's how you cook oysters, but then I'm not much of a cook. Using an oyster steamer to make broccoli bagels... that's too fancy for me! Tongue I can do well with recipes that have ingredients like cereal, milk, and bowls. BigSmile
aha
i am right this very moment steaming my oyster bagels in my
broccoli steamer. however it comes out im sure ill eat them with
a floret, oops i mean a flourish BigSmileBigSmileBigSmile