Bring4th

Full Version: Karma - Pivotal - Dharma
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I posted this in Facebook's Ra Material Study Group and a nice comment by Kirill and our exchange. Using this as a discussion starter, feel free to add your views.

Quote:Karma - Pivotal - Dharma

Ra mentions the inertial and past life nature of karma, but what about preincarnational programming of new challenges and goals in one's life as dharma? And the pivotal free will choices involved to either revert to old patterns or progress to new patterns? Or to STS or STO in regards to karma and dharma?

I think the above three themes are involved in any life experience and dharma is as important as karma. What do you think?

Kirill's comment:

If I were to attempt to use this terminology, I would say that karma, as used by Confederation sources, is the bond or a hold that a self creates with an other self through some action (or catalyst). 

Dharma may be seen as law, duty and responsibly which is universal, yet individually applicable.
The preincarnational programming exists in order to learn specific lessons in a particular incarnation.

Particular existing karma, may be used to create valuable catalyst for the learning of some pre-planned lessons and some pre-planned lessons may be seen as necessary, due to the existence of particular karmic bonds.

One's response to catalyst in 3D is according to the Law of Confusion (i.e. free will), which is the highest and most primary dharma. This creates the best quality of leaning.

The intent behind one's response to catalyst creates a body or stock of polarization towards unity/radiation (a.k.a. positive polarity) or towards separation/magnetism (a.k.a. negative polarity). This may be considered as dharmic action.

Dharmic action may either create more karma or lessen the amount of existing karma through the acts of conscious forgiveness. Am I very far off from what you were suggesting?

My response:

Pretty close. My take is that karma and dharma always merge at the central self level of making pivotal choices to process karma in terms of dharma. This can be done by both STO and STS motivations.

Kirill's response:

Michael, so what you’re saying is that stock of action-borne spiritual inertia comes face to face with the deeply held values within oneself at the point of making an important decision? I don’t have a problem with that statement. 

My response:

Yes. Since every present moment is the meeting of past and future and Ra suggests an eternal now, then that's where the action is -- the pivotal point of decision to end unwanted inertia or advance wanted inertia. Dharma is/was the programming or map that one wants to pursue and it is with respect to karma which it meets and alters to some extent.
Some other thoughts.

Both STS and STO paths apply to the following.

karmic -- old and negative attitudes and experiences -- Ra's past-based inertia

meets with

dharmic -- new and positive attitudes and experiences -- Ra's future-goaled preincarnational programming

positive as affirming and gaining
negative as denying and reducing

In a 3rd density context.

STO seeks, in ethical-social terms, to be "righteous, good and moral" -- an STO 'dharmic' 8-fold path and that which is right or correct for STO.

STS seeks, in ethical-social terms, to be "unrighteous, evil and immoral" -- an STS 'adharmic' 8-fold path and that which is right or correct for STS

dharmic is towards freedom and order and adharmic is towards control and chaos

Both STS and STO have versions of this 8-fold path. And substitute 'right' with 'correct' which is a more neutral term, and comparing.

Correct View, Correct Intention, Correct Speech, Correct Action, Correct Livelihood, Correct Effort, Correct Mindfulness, and Correct Concentration.