Bring4th

Full Version: There is No True Free Will
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There is no true free will.
You are not the doer.
I like Confused's tagline: I am not the doer. The Tao is.

I kept lashing out at my mom's dog for doing little things like getting up on my bed and eating my other dog's food.
I felt hopeless as to why I felt so stuck in my anger. I was only brief. I don't hold a grudge.

Then I felt a little stuck in my realization that I have no free will.
Then it was empowering.
Then I forgave myself.
I took responsibility, because "I" still did the actions.
But I realize now that it is Infinite Intelligence that is doing all this.
I think Ra said it was a game, or a play.
I try not to take myself so seriously. Because I am not really even here typing this.
I had read that before, but this came as a knowing to me.

I'm not giving my power away by saying I'm controlled by Infinite Intelligence.
It is even more empowering that life is so orchestrated that it works out flawlessly.

I hope this makes me a better person.
I cried when I had this realization.

I would laugh at the cosmic joke, but I'm too in awe right now.

I'm not saying this as if Infinite Intelligence is something separate from me.
I want to be a clear reflection of the Infinite Intelligence within me and that is me.
And you realize that your mom's dog and everything and everybody is an expression of the same infinite Intelligence as well?
(11-04-2019, 11:34 AM)RitaJC Wrote: [ -> ]And you realize that your mom's dog and everything and everybody is an expression of the same infinite Intelligence as well?

Thank you for making that clear. It is quite humbling to know that.
I gave him a piece of chicken as a treat afterwards.
I caught him chewing my shoe afterwards and I took it away gently, and just said "you can't have this."
I found it a little funny.
(11-04-2019, 12:11 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-04-2019, 11:34 AM)RitaJC Wrote: [ -> ]And you realize that your mom's dog and everything and everybody is an expression of the same infinite Intelligence as well?

I caught him chewing my shoe afterwards and I took it away gently, and just said "you can't have this."

But didn't it feel good/right?
(11-05-2019, 10:14 AM)RitaJC Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-04-2019, 12:11 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]

But didn't it feel good/right?

I guess I can learn to accept something while still saying no.
I didn't think about it being right, but it was indeed perfectly as it should be.
I think you are thinking too much. Tongue  (Just a joke.)

I am an analytical person, so much so it drives me nuts at times. On the one hand it's a gift, on the other it's an unwanted distraction. For me, I must stay focused on my goals. My goals, you might say, are based on adding light to existence. That may take different forms, such as working on my attitude so I'm not adding confusion to the world, or producing materials that benefit the world. I don't mean to sound like a saint—I'm far from it.

I can see that your goals have a lot to do with spiritual development. You seem to be in your head a lot, taking action on a non-physical level. That's all good. In order to balance that I do think physical movement is efficacious—exercising the body and being productive physically in some way, such as writing that book about Anthros or anything you give to the world as a gift.

Because I only know you through this site, I may be off base. But I thought I would throw this out there. Smile
It has come to my awareness that one can focus our awarness into the parts of infinity where people are meant to make whatever free will decisions we want them to make. The paradox in this is evident. My beleif is that this is due to free will being how our individual expressions of the creator express themselves, therefor, the reason you can be "meant" to make a free will decision is because the part of infinity where you are meant to make thatbfree will decision is the part of reality which is in alignment with the being of your individual expression of the creator. Best I can explain it RN.
(11-05-2019, 01:53 PM)EvolvingPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]It has come to my awareness that one can focus our awarness into the parts of infinity where people are meant to make whatever free will decisions we want them to make. The paradox in this is evident. My beleif is that this is due to free will being how our individual expressions of the creator express themselves, therefor, the reason you can be "meant" to make a free will decision is because the part of infinity where you are meant to make thatbfree will decision is the part of reality which is in alignment with the being of your individual expression of the creator. Best I can explain it RN.

I think it's more an agreement you have with all parties involved and your higher selves subconsciously.
I've read that the subconscious makes the decision up to a minute before you make your choice.
perhaps Indigo this book can share some light on issue of free will --------pdf or html book is free ...

https://thewordfoundation.org/thinking-and-destiny/

CHAPTER VIII

NOETIC DESTINY

Section 8
Free will. The problem of free will.

Free will is a phrase for one’s freedom to feel, to desire, to think, or to act, as opposed to the inescapable necessity to feel, to desire, to think, or to act, in a given way. It means the absence of prevention, restraint and compulsion that would interfere with physical, psychic and mental action and inaction. The phrase means that one can feel, desire and think and do as he pleases, and not be limited by bounds or coerced by goads.

Not only in this phrase but in the language generally, the word ‘will’ is used as if it were different from what is called desire. But so-called will is an aspect of the active side of the doer-in-the-body, which is desire, nothing more than that. Will is one of the four functions of desire. Desire, which is conscious power, has four functions: to be, to will, to do, and to have. To will is the second function of desire; it is followed by to do, and to have. Will is that one desire which controls the other desires ........
I’m continuing to study the Tarot and I read something very interesting having to do with the concept of Free Will. I think this is a true and proper understanding:

Quote:To this picture [VII The Chariot; BOTA/Rider-Waite deck] we assign the psychological idea, Receptivity-Will. The uninitiated believe their “will” to be something originating in the personality. The occultist, without in the least denying the fact that free will is part of our equipment, refuses to believe that “personal” free will exists. For the occultist, all that we mean by “volition” is but a synthesis of innumerable cosmic influences, coming to a focus at a point within is.

Hence all the great initiates say, with Jesus, “Of myself I can do nothing.” For the same reason Jacob Boehme wrote: “If thou canst, my son, for a while but cease from all thy thinking and willing, then shalt thou hear the unspeakable words of God. . .When thou art quiet and silent, then art thou as God was before nature and creature; thou art that which God then was; thou art that of which he made thy nature and creature: Then thou hearest and seest even with that wherewith God himself saw and heard in thee, before ever thine own willing or thine own seeing began.”

The more perfectly we understand that the office of human personality is to serve as a vehicle for cosmic forces, the more freely does the Primal Will behind all manifestation find expression through us. To others we may seem to have very strong personal will. We ourselves will learn from our practice that the strength of our volition is measured by the degree of our willingness to let life find unobstructed manifestation through us.

This willingness takes form in thought and word, and the thought itself is unuttered speech. It is a willingness developed through purposeful concentration. Relaxation of body, passivity of mind, one-pointed attention to the real presence in our personal field of the limitless powers of the whole universe, with progressive freedom in the expression of those powers as our dominant purpose—this is the infallible practical formula for triumph in the mind and elsewhere.

Impress subconsciousness again and again with the suggestion that it is a vehicle for Universal Will. Base these suggestions on reason. See that the One Energy enters into all modes of power, celestial and terrestrial. Self-examination will convince you that not the least of your personal actions is an thing more or less than a particular manifestation in time and space of some phase of the sum-total of cosmic influences. At our present stage of mental development, perfect conceptions of this truth may be impossible, but reasonable ones we may have at a little expense of observation and reason.

Subconsciousness is the vehicle through which all plans, ideas, designs, inventions and forces enter into the personal field. Thought and speech are potent in mounding subconscious response. Furthermore, because subconsciousness is also the body-building and body-changing power, suggestions of the type here indicated will eventually make profound alterations in physical structure, so that it becomes able to transform into personal activities cosmic forces whose very existence is unsuspected by the greater number of human beings.

Complete receptivity is the secret of the most powerful manifestations of will. Receptivity may be increased by control of language. Herein lies the key to all mighty works of practical occultism, for, as Elphias Levi says truly, “All magic is in the will.”

The Tarot by Paul Foster Case
(11-09-2019, 09:53 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: [ -> ]I’m continuing to study the Tarot and I read something very interesting having to do with the concept of Free Will. I think this is a true and proper understanding:

Quote:To this picture [VII The Chariot; BOTA/Rider-Waite deck] we assign the psychological idea, Receptivity-Will. The uninitiated believe their “will” to be something originating in the personality. The occultist, without in the least denying the fact that free will is part of our equipment, refuses to believe that “personal” free will exists. For the occultist, all that we mean by “volition” is but a synthesis of innumerable cosmic influences, coming to a focus at a point within is.

Hence all the great initiates say, with Jesus, “Of myself I can do nothing.” For the same reason Jacob Boehme wrote: “If thou canst, my son, for a while but cease from all thy thinking and willing, then shalt thou hear the unspeakable words of God. . .When thou art quiet and silent, then art thou as God was before nature and creature; thou art that which God then was; thou art that of which he made thy nature and creature: Then thou hearest and seest even with that wherewith God himself saw and heard in thee, before ever thine own willing or thine own seeing began.”

The more perfectly we understand that the office of human personality is to serve as a vehicle for cosmic forces, the more freely does the Primal Will behind all manifestation find expression through us. To others we may seem to have very strong personal will. We ourselves will learn from our practice that the strength of our volition is measured by the degree of our willingness to let life find unobstructed manifestation through us.

This willingness takes form in thought and word, and the thought itself is unuttered speech. It is a willingness developed through purposeful concentration. Relaxation of body, passivity of mind, one-pointed attention to the real presence in our personal field of the limitless powers of the whole universe, with progressive freedom in the expression of those powers as our dominant purpose—this is the infallible practical formula for triumph in the mind and elsewhere.

Impress subconsciousness again and again with the suggestion that it is a vehicle for Universal Will. Base these suggestions on reason. See that the One Energy enters into all modes of power, celestial and terrestrial. Self-examination will convince you that not the least of your personal actions is an thing more or less than a particular manifestation in time and space of some phase of the sum-total of cosmic influences. At our present stage of mental development, perfect conceptions of this truth may be impossible, but reasonable ones we may have at a little expense of observation and reason.

Subconsciousness is the vehicle through which all plans, ideas, designs, inventions and forces enter into the personal field. Thought and speech are potent in mounding subconscious response. Furthermore, because subconsciousness is also the body-building and body-changing power, suggestions of the type here indicated will eventually make profound alterations in physical structure, so that it becomes able to transform into personal activities cosmic forces whose very existence is unsuspected by the greater number of human beings.

Complete receptivity is the secret of the most powerful manifestations of will. Receptivity may be increased by control of language. Herein lies the key to all mighty works of practical occultism, for, as Elphias Levi says truly, “All magic is in the will.”

The Tarot by Paul Foster Case
Yeah I love this author. Excellent quote
This resonates bro.
I feel like the only real choice, is to forgive and be an open vessel for the all...or don't.
There is only one choice.
(11-10-2019, 06:36 PM)Kaaron Wrote: [ -> ]This resonates bro.
I feel like the only real choice, is to forgive and be an open vessel for the all...or don't.
There is only one choice.

It really inspires me to be an instrument for the One.
The more I open up, the more I realize it is difficult or impossible to make a decision that is not in the flow of the One.