Bring4th

Full Version: These forums are slowly dying?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not seeing much discussion anymore. Are these forums dying? What happened to the chatrooms?
What else is possible?
Most of the better conversations happen when someone is struggling processing something, usually catalyst in their life and the community helped with the processing.

Seems lots of healing has happened so the forum is less active. I’m sure new members with catalyst will be along shortly.

Unfortunately a lot of the general light conversation stopped when this place became very argumentative vs supportive. Catalyst on the forum itself isn’t why people came here so many left.
Very true Glow....

Could it also be that everyone is working hard at being silent/meditative just because there is apparently much chaos outside ?
(01-26-2020, 11:25 PM)JJCarsonian Wrote: [ -> ]What happened to the chatrooms?

They ded.

In memory of the chatroom:

[Image: Tnc9ivW.png]

May it rest in peace, along with all the drawings I did in there. This is the only one I saved and it's not even one I did:

[Image: udOZs7R.png]
There are more recent chats than that in the other room. I've been in there since 2013.
I'd love to talk in the chatroom but never anyone in there so....
Isis...haha I love the artwork. Cute
Dec 24 - mid Jan was a holiday period for many people. Hence activity across many communities decreased in that period.
In case you missed it:

Saying Goodbye to The Bring4th Chatroom

Friendship. Humor. Fast paced words. Americans. Europeans. Canadians. Australians. All this - and much, much more.

The Bring4th Chatroom lived a life of its own. It was the hottest venue in town - at least for those in the know. For many, many years the Chatroom was a place you could drop into almost any time of day (or night) and there would be at least a few folks already in conversation. And you would be welcomed into the fold. How did you find the Law of One? How long have you been reading it? What country are you in? These would be the starter questions to welcome any new guest.

And if it appeared that some people lived in the chatroom - well - then - maybe they did! It is all too easy to open up a chat window, when one is working in an office job. And have it sitting in the background. This is in no way good career advice, folks!

But so many conversations. And so many people have passed through over the years. Good memories.

And yet - those days are long past.

The Chatroom is no longer an active, alive space for Law of One communion. It is no longer fulfilling its intended purpose.

And so for that reason, its doors have been shuttered.  Things brought to a close.

A deep thank you to everyone (and anyone) who ever participated. You have my gratitude for your abundant self sharing.

It was truly an amazing thing to be a part of.  An epic part of my Life.

Plenum - Bring4th Moderator
Did it cost money to keep up? There was 1 time i chatted with someone in the chatroom and it was pleasant... I've never been able to catch anyone in the chatroom though.

(01-30-2020, 08:42 PM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]In case you missed it:

Saying Goodbye to The Bring4th Chatroom

Friendship. Humor. Fast paced words. Americans. Europeans. Canadians. Australians. All this - and much, much more.

The Bring4th Chatroom lived a life of its own. It was the hottest venue in town - at least for those in the know. For many, many years the Chatroom was a place you could drop into almost any time of day (or night) and there would be at least a few folks already in conversation. And you would be welcomed into the fold. How did you find the Law of One? How long have you been reading it? What country are you in? These would be the starter questions to welcome any new guest.

And if it appeared that some people lived in the chatroom - well - then - maybe they did! It is all too easy to open up a chat window, when one is working in an office job. And have it sitting in the background. This is in no way good career advice, folks!

But so many conversations. And so many people have passed through over the years. Good memories.

And yet - those days are long past.

The Chatroom is no longer an active, alive space for Law of One communion. It is no longer fulfilling its intended purpose.

And so for that reason, its doors have been shuttered.  Things brought to a close.

A deep thank you to everyone (and anyone) who ever participated. You have my gratitude for your abundant self sharing.

It was truly an amazing thing to be a part of.  An epic part of my Life.

Plenum - Bring4th Moderator
I went in there every so often.
(01-31-2020, 12:50 AM)JJCarsonian Wrote: [ -> ]Did it cost money to keep up?
no
(01-27-2020, 10:54 AM)Glow Wrote: [ -> ]Most of the better conversations happen when someone is struggling processing something, usually catalyst in their life and the community helped with the processing.

Seems lots of healing has happened so the forum is less active. I’m sure new members with catalyst will be along shortly.

Unfortunately a lot of the general light conversation stopped when this place became very argumentative vs supportive. Catalyst on the forum itself isn’t why people came here so many left.

I also think a lot of the argumentative stuff stemmed from the triggering of our own wounds, and a particular blindness to our own sense of identity that feels threatened by certain critiques of social norms. 

For example I myself was confused by the term "toxic masculinity". Now I understand that it has nothing to do with me being a biological "white" male. Although I initially felt defensive by perceiving the term as a bigoted swipe at all males in general. 

The arguing amounted to lower energy blockages bumping up against and stimulating other lower energy blockages. Or as Eckhart Tolle frames it, pain body's clashing with other pain body's.

How are you by the way?  Smile
(02-01-2020, 01:35 PM)Nicholas Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-27-2020, 10:54 AM)Glow Wrote: [ -> ]Most of the better conversations happen when someone is struggling processing something, usually catalyst in their life and the community helped with the processing.

I also think a lot of the argumentative stuff stemmed from the triggering of our own wounds, and a particular blindness to our own sense of identity that feels threatened by certain critiques of social norms. 

For example I myself was confused by the term "toxic masculinity". Now I understand that it has nothing to do with me being a biological "white" male. Although I initially felt defensive by perceiving the term as a bigoted swipe at all males in general. 

The arguing amounted to lower energy blockages bumping up against and stimulating other lower energy blockages. Or as Eckhart Tolle frames it, pain body's clashing with other pain body's.

How are you by the way?  Smile

That is a good point we are no different than the rest of the world in that each of our wounds bump into the others wounds causing drama. Maybe we all just needed a break to work on these things and come back healed with new perspective and awareness.
We are at least lucky here, for the most part we all intend to heal these things.

I am doing really well, thanks. Yourself? Nice to see you around again.
I have been here EVERY DAY since I joined and still am but many times I don't see any need to add anything to the discussions going on other than my Like to the points of view that resonate with my inner knowing.

And, honestly, it feels really good not to see those pain bodies clashing here so much for the time being.
Really Rita ? You don’t want to see bumping pain bodies ? You want some peace in this very calm and uneventful 3 D ? BigSmile
They probably should have taken a vote from the community as to whether they wanted the chat rooms gone.
(02-02-2020, 02:32 PM)Great Central Sun Wrote: [ -> ]They probably should have taken a vote from the community as to whether they wanted the chat rooms gone.

Most likely it was a moderator issue.
If it didn’t need babysitting it likely wasn’t a big deal but once things got caustic it was not a good use of resources(time/energy)

Just a theory. We are guests here though so no one needs to ask us our opinions on anything. Their mission statement/money/time/effort and gift of service so their call.
(02-02-2020, 02:32 PM)Great Central Sun Wrote: [ -> ]They probably should have taken a vote from the community as to whether they wanted the chat rooms gone.
i agree.
i better start posting in my blog more before that feature disappears as well
(02-02-2020, 01:05 PM)flofrog Wrote: [ -> ]Really Rita ?  You don’t want to see bumping pain bodies ?  You want some peace in this very calm and uneventful 3 D ? BigSmile

better than bumping uglies......
(02-02-2020, 02:48 PM)Glow Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2020, 02:32 PM)Great Central Sun Wrote: [ -> ]They probably should have taken a vote from the community as to whether they wanted the chat rooms gone.

Most likely it was a moderator issue.
If it didn’t need babysitting it likely wasn’t a big deal but once things got caustic it was not a good use of resources(time/energy)

Just a theory. We are guests here though so no one needs to ask us our opinions on anything. Their mission statement/money/time/effort and gift of service so their call.

As far as a mission statement goes, the only one I can find is on the L/L Research homepage:

Quote:Home of The Law of One material, L/L Research is a non-profit organization dedicated to discovering and sharing information to aid in the spiritual evolution of humankind.

Since this site is oriented toward STO, I suppose that creates a limitation. It can't be easy to make calls which on the one hand, reflect free will as postulated by those of Ra, and on the other hand, keep the tone here in line with its STO intention. But I will say that I miss some of the members who have left because of the limitations, going back almost ten years. Still, this is a wonderful site and community.
(02-07-2020, 08:48 AM)kristina Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2020, 01:05 PM)flofrog Wrote: [ -> ]Really Rita ?  You don’t want to see bumping pain bodies ?  You want some peace in this very calm and uneventful 3 D ? BigSmile

better than bumping uglies......

lol
oh wow didn't realize the chatroom was closed. I only ever managed to talk to 2 people in there, one of which was Plenum.

I come and go from this forum, I don't usually post much.
(02-01-2020, 05:30 PM)Glow Wrote: [ -> ]I am doing really well, thanks. Yourself? Nice to see you around again.

Very well, thanks!

Taking up shaman studies in a couple of months. Also have a spiritual teacher online (Mary Baxter PHD) that I am working with. She performs a "Soul report" and "Soul clearing" for anyone interested (the soul report relates to whether your a native soul or native to another planet. The soul clearing gets rid of disruptive energies that might be attached, and shields us from any further disruption). She confirmed my wife is my twin soul, and that we both embody strengths that the other is working on in this lifetime. 

I had quite significant issues it turned out  Sad

But not anymore!  BigSmile
Quote:1.1 Questioner: It seems members of the Confederation have a specific purpose. Is this true with you, and if so, what is your purpose?

Ra: I am Ra. We communicate now. We, too, have our place. We are not those of the Love or of the Light. We are those who are of the Law of One. In our vibration the polarities are harmonized, the complexities are simplified, and the paradoxes have their solution. We are one. That is our nature and our purpose.

We are old upon your planet and have served with varying degrees of success in transmitting the Law of One, of Unity, of Singleness to your peoples. We have walked your earth. We have seen the faces of your peoples. This is not so with many of the entities of the Confederation. We found it was not efficacious. However, we then felt the great responsibility of staying in the capacity of removing the distortions and powers that had been given to the Law of One. We will continue in this until your, shall we say, cycle is appropriately ended. If not this one, then the next. We are not a part of time and, thus, are able to be with you in any of your times.
removed

It's been quite a few years since I've participated here mainly due to this issue. I'll admit that I was a part of the argumentative aspect and I stood my ground only to finally leave out of frustration. But I've also been in quite the funk for years as well now. After some long contemplation, I decided to come back to attempt to realign my actions with my beliefs. 

The chat room was definitely a fun atmosphere for all. Good times were had in there with isis, plenum, reí, among others. 

What I find disheartening since returning is that the forums seem to have taken the same turn that the Facebook discussion group has which caused me to leave that group recently. Many of the threads that I see are inundated with outside beliefs and philosophies being integrated that contradict the Law of One's message. Tons of conspiracy theories and a lot of advanced adept work from people that lack the proper grounding to attempt such practices. It seems many still seem to put the proverbial cart before the horse here. But I do accept that my perception could be flawed based upon my own biases and distortions so I ask for confirmation on these perceptions. 

The time around 2012/2013, the forums were buzzing. We had all felt the great awakening then the hangover post 12-21. Yet as the subsequent years passed, many catalysts were brought forth along with a dogmatic approach by some based upon their own personal perceptions of the material. That's when I made my exit. 

Though years have passed, my belief never wavered even though my actions were anything but. I had lost my way, my discipline, my determination, and ultimately my desire to practice what I preached. I'm hopeful that I can regain some of what was lost so hopefully I can begin to contribute to some more thoughtful and thorough discussions to bring the forums back to it once was.