Bring4th

Full Version: What kind of meditation do you practice?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a hunch that a good lot of you meditate on a semi-regular basis at least. What kind of meditation do you guys practice? Has it been good for anything in particular?

Personally I have been practicing the AYP system for the past year or so.... regular at times.... sometimes not so much. I have just been doing the basic 10min pranyama, then 20min mantra meditation. I was overdoing it for some time and skipped to some more advanced mantras thinking it would benefit me... nope. Self-pacing is important, lesson learned.

Eventually I was just overdoing it waaaayy too much that I had to cease practice completely for some time. I've been slowly easing back into it with 5min pranayama in the morning followed by 10min mantra meditation.

I enjoy this practice. I like how the effects of pranayama and the effects of mantra meditation balance each other out.

I've practiced a chakra balancing meditation, which is preceded by something called the white light protection method. It's a guided meditation but you learn quickly and eventually don't need it. I was doing that for a while but then I started doing the AYP regiment and didn't know if they were compatible.... so I stopped. If anyone is interested in this method you can pm me and I'll point you in the right direction.

Anyways, what about you guys? I think it's cool how different meditations have different affects on the mind-body-spirit complex. Kind of like how different kinds of music affects people in a different way. This may seem like a "duh" statement, but it is truly very cool to me!

Heart Heart Heart
Thanks for asking.

I don't "practice" anything like that any more, I just live in a meditative state moment by moment, no matter the bodily or mind activity or inactivity.
(02-02-2020, 03:24 AM)RitaJC Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for asking.

I don't "practice" anything like that any more, I just live in a meditative state moment by moment, no matter the bodily or mind activity or inactivity.

Cool. I’m curious about the quotations you chose to put around the word “practice.” Was there a reason for that?

The past couple years I’ve definitely noticed periodic shifts in consciousness that indicate an inching toward that meditative state you speak of. It’s fun noticing progress and realizing there’s more to come :p

Smiles :-)))
[/quote]
I’m curious about the quotations you chose to put around the word “practice.” Was there a reason for that?
[/quote]

I'm not sure Smile Maybe because "practicing" , as I believe it's usually understood, involves conscious focus on some more or less regular activity with a goal to achieve something.

The state in which I am being now has neither focus, nor goals any more. It's just effortless, blissful flow of being. Quite different to the usual human mentality and experience.
Quote:I'm not sure Smile Maybe because "practicing" , as I believe it's usually understood, involves conscious focus on some more or less regular activity with a goal to achieve something.

The state in which I am being now has neither focus, nor goals any more. It's just effortless, blissful flow of being. Quite different to the usual human mentality and experience.

I see. Thanks for sharing :-)
You can practice any type of meditation and you can also not have a particular goal in mind it could be a curiosity at first or you merely want to experience silence and peace. I use a breathing technique that is very simple. I never go into meditation with an expectation. Sometimes I just need a break and step into silence and peace; to draw close to The Creator. What kind of meditation have you been praticing Silly? Oh by the way, welcome to the forum.
I usually focus on the vibration that is best for me to hold at that time.
It may raise my vibration, I don't know. But it is for my highest good.

Other times I focus on nothing but letting go and releasing.
(02-02-2020, 09:40 AM)kristina Wrote: [ -> ]You can practice any type of meditation and you can also not have a particular goal in mind it could be a curiosity at first or you merely want to experience silence and peace. I use a breathing technique that is very simple. I never go into meditation with an expectation. Sometimes I just need a break and step into silence and peace; to draw close to The Creator. What kind of meditation have you been praticing Silly? Oh by the way, welcome to the forum.

I used to focus on my breathing but found it made me reaaaaallly sleepy.

Right now I do 5 min of pranyama (spinal breathing) followed by 10 min of mantra meditation (using the mantra 'I am') every morning upon waking up.

And thank you for the welcome :-)
These days I just sit, close my eyes and start to listen to all the sounds around me like melting into them at the same time sending gratitude to Creator and then, as Rita said, it’s bliss. It’s pretty cool Wink

I like yours, silly !
(02-02-2020, 01:13 PM)flofrog Wrote: [ -> ]These days I just sit, close my eyes and start to listen to all the sounds around me like melting into them at the same time sending gratitude to Creator and then, as Rita said, it’s bliss. It’s pretty cool Wink

I like yours, silly !

What a wonderful way of putting that flo! I love it. I'll have to try that sometime.

Thanks for sharing Heart Heart
I would recommend try a few different types of meditation out for a decent period of time and see how each effects you, then you can choose which one is best for you.

I have found for myself that mantra meditation pushes a lot of energy up to my higher energy centres. It can be good if there is something that I want to push out of my mind very quickly.

I find breathing meditation the best for overall balance
(02-02-2020, 01:13 PM)flofrog Wrote: [ -> ]These days I just sit, close my eyes and start to listen to all the sounds around me like melting into them at the same time sending gratitude to Creator and then, as Rita said, it’s bliss. It’s pretty cool Wink

I like yours, silly !

I've done that! One time there was a dog barking and it was interupting my meditation. Sooooo.....I actually used his annoying bark as an aid! It worked. I like to do your suggestion sometimes Flo. Sit on my deck, close my eyes, listen to the movement of the world around me. It can be peaceful if that is how one chooses to view it.
(02-02-2020, 12:36 PM)sillypumpkins Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2020, 09:40 AM)kristina Wrote: [ -> ]You can practice any type of meditation and you can also not have a particular goal in mind it could be a curiosity at first or you merely want to experience silence and peace. I use a breathing technique that is very simple. I never go into meditation with an expectation. Sometimes I just need a break and step into silence and peace; to draw close to The Creator. What kind of meditation have you been praticing Silly? Oh by the way, welcome to the forum.

I used to focus on my breathing but found it made me reaaaaallly sleepy.

Right now I do 5 min of pranyama (spinal breathing) followed by 10 min of mantra meditation (using the mantra 'I am') every morning upon waking up.

And thank you for the welcome :-)

Nice! I just found that Ujjayi Pranayama works for me. Isn't it wonderful what works for me, obviously does not work for you as it puts you to sleep and energizes me?! We are all so wonderfully made.
I awaken most mornings at 430-530am and then after 8 hours of restful theta wave sleep and dreaming, I prop up my pillow, put on my headphones and listen to a 10 hour track i found on youtube that is essentially a low sleep track. I simply focus on breathing through my nostril and then envision my green heart chakra and then envision it growing and growing and then spreading out to the world around me. Usually hang there for about an hour then come out almost feeling like that post pot high one gets the morning after a heavy session. I now experience that daily without drugs so it's a double benefit.
(02-03-2020, 12:37 PM)gramboginn Wrote: [ -> ]I awaken most mornings at 430-530am and then after 8 hours of restful theta wave sleep and dreaming, I prop up my pillow, put on my headphones and listen to a 10 hour track i found on youtube that is essentially a low sleep track.  I simply focus on breathing through my nostril and then envision my green heart chakra and then envision it growing and growing and then spreading out to the world around me.  Usually hang there for about an hour then come out almost feeling like that post pot high one gets the morning after a heavy session.  I now experience that daily without drugs so it's a double benefit.

I usually listen to a 10 hour track too called Celestial White Noise. I live in the city so it's not exactly quiet around here. Sometimes the noise is welcome though.
I have different ways for meditation. It depends on how I’m feeling and what I’m wanting to do. There are two types that I employ: silent meditation and focused, contemplative meditation. The silent meditation consists of following the breath, keeping the body still, and resting in the Silence. One can establish a rhythmic breathing pattern so that he doesn’t need to consciously count the breath intake and outtake. This is a good method for going “deeper” into the silence. If you stay focused on silence of mind, which can be established by the following of the breath and then letting go of the counting, you will sink deeper into the meditative state. The peacefulness and calm of that state is very enjoyable.

The second type that I do is, what I call, a contemplative meditation. This meditation is where I will study spiritual, occult texts and contemplate them. One’s focus is entirely on the work before him.
Studying while in meditation, I have found to be very good. One is touching into the subconscious mind while in meditation. A channel is opened, and the knowledge of the High Priestess can be discerned. Information from the unconscious mind filters up to the conscious mind.

The mere act of meditation is doing work below the conscious level of mind. I can’t explain it very well, but when I read this from Quo many years ago it was the catalyst that got me to start meditating.

Remember, the meditative state is a special time, we should not be distracted. All of our worldly concerns can be picked up again after the meditation is over, but for now this time is for the Creator.

I also think it’s well to invoke protection before entering the meditative state. There are many ways to invoke protection, so I recommend what’s best for you personally. I will pray and perform the Qabalistic Cross. I then end the meditation with the Qabalistic Cross, and, lately, I’ve been making the “light in radiance” hand gesture and intoning the Divine Name “Adonai.” It’s a way of saying, “May our allegiance to the Light never be broken.”

The hand gesture I got from the Church of Light Tarot. His right hand.
[Image: BL78__76257.1446986672.1280.1280.jpg]
Lately I've focused on charging up concrete in my home with euphoria (as a bubble tech device),
and feeling the euphoria and bliss. It's like bubbling up a bubble genie as it can amplify your intention.
(02-07-2020, 04:10 PM)Great Central Sun Wrote: [ -> ]Lately I've focused on charging up concrete in my home with euphoria (as a bubble tech device),
and feeling the euphoria and bliss. It's like bubbling up a bubble genie as it can amplify your intention.

Is feeling euphoria the goal for you when you do this?
(02-07-2020, 04:53 PM)sillypumpkins Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-07-2020, 04:10 PM)Great Central Sun Wrote: [ -> ]Lately I've focused on charging up concrete in my home with euphoria (as a bubble tech device),

It won't be the ultimate goal, but it's my goal just starting out so that I know it's working.
Euphoria is how we will solve many of the world's problems, like tension between nations and stuff.
(02-07-2020, 05:04 PM)Great Central Sun Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-07-2020, 04:53 PM)sillypumpkins Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-07-2020, 04:10 PM)Great Central Sun Wrote: [ -> ]Lately I've focused on charging up concrete in my home with euphoria (as a bubble tech device),

It won't be the ultimate goal, but it's my goal just starting out so that I know it's working.
Euphoria is how we will solve many of the world's problems, like tension between nations and stuff.

I see.

To me, euphoria is simply a by-product of an effective practice.

Can you elaborate more on your last statement?
As we get more bubbles, we head into dream time, according to a guy Mike Emery who leads the Bubble Tech Facebook group.

Love and Fear will blend into euphoria. The end of duality.
(02-07-2020, 06:29 PM)Great Central Sun Wrote: [ -> ]As we get more bubbles, we head into dream time, according to a guy Mike Emery who leads the Bubble Tech Facebook group.

Love and Fear will blend into euphoria. The end of duality.

I don’t know anything about the bubbles or Dreamtime you speak of. It sounds interesting though. Perhaps I know what you’re talking about but not in the way you speak of it.

From what I’ve read about stream-entry in Buddhism, some have reported a feeling of each breath “bubbling” as though each particle of air is a bubble.

Bubble bubble bubble up babaaay...... I do like a good bubble bath. Shame I can’t fit into my tub (too tall)
They just call it a bubble. It's the evolution of orgonite.

You put a high voltage and frequency tesla coil to concrete, it will "bubble up" with euphoria. It becomes a bubble genie that responds to your intentions.