Bring4th

Full Version: Question about Archetype
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a question about one of the Tarot cards, but I am extremely ignorant about them so please bear with me as I try to identify for you the card on which I have a question: I believe it's Archetype 17; it's where the Spirit and Catalyst columns intersect. It has a large star and a male person pouring water into what looks like a larger body of water and with another cup he's watering a flower(?) on which is a large butterfly.

I looked up "butterfly" in the LOO website and that term wasn't significant. What does it signify?

Can someone help me with this card? What are your thoughts on it? I'm not sure I even understand enough to ask questions, honestly.
The butterfly is pollinating the flower, which is a redundancy of the symbolism of the unification of the two lovers. The "beauty being potentiated" is behind the actor, being served by their right hand. The left hand is pouring water into the ocean, which is returning nothing to nothing, without a positive manifestation.

The polarity of the catalyst of the spirit is this: Hope, the eternal hope of an infinite, unified Creator, where all action with positive intention is worthwhile, even in the face of a bad outcome or a null outcome - or, to choose nihilism, a lack of hope, an orientation where nothing matters because everything we do is just a tiny drop in the waters of infinity. However, a tiny drop utilized properly can bloom a magnificently beautiful flower that will use its beauty to call to others, and the others will continue to carry small pieces forward (i.e. pollen to the next flower to create something new.)
The figure is a female not a male, this is very important. Women in Tarot represent subconsciousness.

As for the butterfly, I generally take the symbol to be one of transformation because of how the caterpillar goes into a cocoon and is totally transformed when he leaves it.

I am doing a long and careful study of each and every Tarot archetype. I’m not on the series of Spirit yet however, so I can’t really say much about this card.

Ra calls it the Star of Hope. Key XVII the Star, in Ra’s system, is the Catalyst of Spirit. Spirit has been potentiated at this point (the Tower). Within the Star is a dual-colored black and white diamond. I take this be a symbol of polarity.

That’s about as much as I feel comfortable saying. I’ve been studying the Qabalistic system for Tarot, but the images for the esoteric and Egyptian Stat archetype are essentially the same. I will study this card today and share what I have learned!
(02-06-2020, 09:52 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: [ -> ]The figure is a female not a male, this is very important. Women in Tarot represent subconsciousness.

As for the butterfly, I generally take the symbol to be one of transformation because of how the caterpillar goes into a cocoon and is totally transformed when he leaves it.

I am doing a long and careful study of each and every Tarot archetype. I’m not on the series of Spirit yet however, so I can’t really say much about this card.

Ra calls it the Star of Hope. Key XVII the Star, in Ra’s system, is the Catalyst of Spirit. Spirit has been potentiated at this point (the Tower). Within the Star is a dual-colored black and white diamond. I take this be a symbol of polarity.

That’s about as much as I feel comfortable saying. I’ve been studying the Qabalistic system for Tarot, but the images for the esoteric and Egyptian Stat archetype are essentially the same. I will study this card today and share what I have learned!

I see the butterfly as the male principle and the flower as the female principle...in what goes along with what Jade says in that it plays a part of creation (within the entire universe) but a type of Divine Intelligence or our Creator. And the diamond I see it as the lower triangle as feminine/negative/subconsciousness and the upper triangle as masculine/positive/consciousness (Magician/High Priestess) thus making the 8 pointed star a reperesentative of the conscious control of solar or sexual force of nature.
(02-06-2020, 09:52 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: [ -> ]The figure is a female not a male, this is very important. Women in Tarot represent subconsciousness.

Thank you so much. I had no idea the young person was female. Some of the female cards I can tell, but that one I just wasn't sure. I'm at such a basic level with the cards.
(02-10-2020, 05:02 PM)kristina Wrote: [ -> ]I see the butterfly as the male principle and the flower as the female principle...in what goes along with what Jade says in that it plays a part of creation (within the entire universe) but a type of Divine Intelligence or our Creator. And the diamond I see it as the lower triangle as feminine/negative/subconsciousness and the upper triangle as masculine/positive/consciousness (Magician/High Priestess) thus making the 8 pointed star a reperesentative of the conscious control of solar or sexual force of nature.

This makes sense. Thank you!
(02-05-2020, 02:01 PM)Jade Wrote: [ -> ]The butterfly is pollinating the flower, which is a redundancy of the symbolism of the unification of the two lovers. The "beauty being potentiated" is behind the actor, being served by their right hand. The left hand is pouring water into the ocean, which is returning nothing to nothing, without a positive manifestation.

The polarity of the catalyst of the spirit is this: Hope, the eternal hope of an infinite, unified Creator, where all action with positive intention is worthwhile, even in the face of a bad outcome or a null outcome - or, to choose nihilism, a lack of hope, an orientation where nothing matters because everything we do is just a tiny drop in the waters of infinity. However, a tiny drop utilized properly can bloom a magnificently beautiful flower that will use its beauty to call to others, and the others will continue to carry small pieces forward (i.e. pollen to the next flower to create something new.)

All action with positive intention is worthwhile, even in the face of a bad outcome or a null outcome...was that what I came here to hear? Thanks for saying it.
(02-05-2020, 02:01 PM)Jade Wrote: [ -> ]The left hand is pouring water into the ocean, which is returning nothing to nothing, without a positive manifestation.

Another name for this card:  Faith. A person of the Left Hand Path, aka STS, has no use for Faith.  Those potent energies (and energy centers) are fallow and impotent to such a person.  Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust.  The STS  being finds no use or comfort in Faith.  This is not their card.