Bring4th

Full Version: An Interesting Experience With Clay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Brittany

Well, today the creative urge hit me especially hard. I was not content to work on my screenplay or doodle like I usually do, and decided to break out the modeling clay. I began working on a small bust, with only the vaguest idea of what I was doing. It's been years since I've worked with clay to such a degree and I've forgotten most of the technique.

I was astounded when the figure seemed to start forming itself. My fingers molded the basic shapes, but muscle and bone definition seemed to come into being of their own accord. Everything fell into place perfectly without much effort on my part at all. As long as I kept working my hands over the clay, it seemed to do whatever I wanted it to.

I just thought this was a really cool example of the way thought manifestation is becoming more obvious as we get closer to the shift. The things we create with our minds will become just as tangible as that which we make with our hands. Something to think about...
How cool Smile

That reminds me of when I used to take a lot of psychedelics - often I would draw.
A little like you describe, I would just hold the pen and draw... really lightly and a face would appear almost like the face was there and I was using a magic water pencil to make it visible.

The images I would sometimes draw were way beyond anything I could create when I wasn't in that space.
how fantastic

i can kind of get a little like that when i'm in the zone for writing - it feels like an internal surge of energy that manifests itself on the screen as an article with wow factor, fully written without much consious effort
You should try playing with polyclay (eg. Super Sculpey, Fimo, etc) if you haven't before. You have to bake it after sculpting, but until then it never dries out/gets hard. I've been playing with it for about a year now with some interesting results.
What, no photo of the sculpt? Come now... Smile

Brittany

I have no digital camera. You'll all just have to wait until I get the pictures developed. :-P

I've never tried working with polyclay, Circleofone...I'll have to check it out.
Having the creative capacity of a rock, I've never had this experience. But judging from what I've seen of your artwork, Ahktu, you've got a tremendous gift! Couple that with your sensitivity to finer energies and I would imagine it's incredible when you let it flow.

: ) GLB

Brittany

Who says rocks aren't creative? Who knows what rock families do in their spare time. Lol.
All we can say for sure is that they totally rock.