Bring4th

Full Version: Is there a such thing as "good karma"?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I was reading a post on Reddit by someone practicing semen retention. In his post, he makes the asinine assertion "I know that by doing it (retaining semen) I am building good karma"

I thought this statement was quite dumb.

Still, it got me thinking about the many misconceptions surrounding karma and then caused me to wonder just how well my own grasp of the subject is by this point.

In the past, my grasp has been quite poor. To this day, I believe I still have yet to fully grasp it enough that I would be confident trying to set peoples' misconceptions right in cases such as these.

I found myself wondering "Just what the hell even is 'good karma' anyway, and does such a thing exist?"

My best current understanding of karma is that it is luke a "case file" where you explore certain themes until ypu reach a point of forgiveness which shows you that neither you nor the self seen in another-self are deserving of mistreatment and nobody is to blame for anything. But I realize my grasp of karma is still far from expertive. I just also realize a lot of other peoples' misconceptions are at this point even MORE misguided.

So I'm sitting here wondering to myself: "what even IS good karma? Does it actually exist?"

I haven't reallt heard of people creating karmic UPWARD spirals. I feel like upward spirals seem more like the NATURAL CONSEQUENCE od healing yourself and getting out of your ego.

But I dunno. Does anybody have any perspective you can provide on the matter?
In Buddhism I believe you build good karma by following the Dharma, or the teachings of Buddha.
Yeah, but...

Bhuddhism seems to get it wrong. Not sure what getting it right is, but I can tell it ain't their view on the matter.
I understand karma as a kind of conditioning.

dion fortune says karma is the same thing as destiny in her book about Qaballah. if that makes it a little bit clearer. they're the same thing, however one is an eastern interpretation and the other is western. from how i understand it

if you've had troubles with addiction, you know what "bad karma" is. it's when you keep doing the same negative action (sowing,) and that result of those actions (reaping.)

you reap what you sow. karma is basically that old cliche in a word. it's your actions and their consequences.

so, on the other side of the coin, good karma is one's positive actions and the result of those actions.

i don't have enough understanding of karma to be able to relate it to STS/STO polarities but there might be something there... idk

hope that helps a little bit. just my humble view
Hmm. More useful than what I usually see, that's for surw.
I just remembered something: Reaper saying after our last lifetime we knew each other, she decided to get away from her life in Europe and incarnate for a programmed life of Bhuddhist seeking in the far East. Violence always made it's way to her. I woukd say that understanding of karma is probably, at best, limited.
yes i believe karma is one of those things that we can conceptualize all we want but ultimately, like many things, we won't know it fully in 3d
Ra's description of karma as inertia is a good one I think. In that sense there is no such thing as good karma, rather, the desired result is the neutralization of motion put into action by way of forgiveness/acceptance.

Here's a good link https://oneminddharma.com/what-is-karma/
From what I have gathered, the 'traditional' view of karma (in buddhism and hinduism which is where the idea comes from, it would have been hinduism before buddhism since it existed first) it is similar to the idea of destiny like Dion Fortune mentions, but it is only 'relevant' in between lives. It was considered basically a 'sum of all your actions' that was 'calculated' in between lives and essentially the choices and actions you make in each life set the tone or theme for the next life. Thus, it wasn't that an action lead to an equivalent karma in some other life, but rather the direction taken by your choices established your future patterns.

Gautama Buddha discovered that this cyclical nature of reincarnation was due to the ways in which choices are made unconsciously, repeating things without any change in choice. Thus, he termed this karmic cycle as Samsara, the illusion. The idea inherent in Buddhism is that this cycle can be broken and the mind freed from its own cyclical repetition of action, entering in to an awareness of the choice and its place in reality.

There is another version of karma in buddhism though which is what most people think of, karma niyama, or the laws of moral causation. This is what people are usually thinking of when they talk about karma. It is more like a natural law.

https://www.learnreligions.com/the-five-niyamas-449741

"Kamma, or karma in Sanskrit, is the law of moral causation. All of our volitional thoughts, words, and deeds create an energy that brings about effects and that process is called karma.

The important point here is that Kamma Niyama is a kind of natural law like gravity that operates without having to be directed by a divine intelligence. In Buddhism, karma is not a cosmic criminal justice system, and no supernatural force or God is directing it to reward the good and punish the wicked.

Karma is, rather, a natural tendency for skillful (kushala) actions to create beneficial effects, and unskillful (akushala) actions to create harmful or painful effects."
Thank you Aion. That was quite helpful!
Positive actions and intents create a positive redounding effect for sure, because what you do or give to others you ultimately do/give unto yourself too. If Reddit guy is doing some sort of positive energy work with which he is deliberately drawing on extra energy by conserving semen for some actual purpose(which I kind of doubt), maybe he really is creating "good karma", but it sounds like he's just some dude who bought into some new age sheepy-sheep stuff and randomly thinks arbitrary self-denial is automatically "super mega STO" and retaining his "lowly" 3d seed gets him some sort of good karma brownie points...in which case, he's quite FULL OF JIZZ!  Angel  BigSmile  Tongue
https://kapwi.ng/c/TMfcEz3w

Refrain from fappin', become a cap'n!

This site will just not embed certain stuff easily. While I'm up late, I decided this needs its own meme, and I think I made a doozie, a real zinger if you will  BigSmile ...follow the link if you aren't put off by a little immature humor...gotta tickle myself to laugh sometimes in this messed up life.
Yes. Everything that uplifts others and that is out of love brings good karma.
A thought came to my mind now: what if dharma is what Ra called polarity (positive)? So, I made a quick search and the description of dharma seem similar to positive polarity:

Quote:Definition - What does Dharma mean?

Dharma is a Hindu, Buddhist and yogic concept that refers to the idea of a law, or principle, governing the universe. For an individual to live out their dharma is for them to act in accordance with this law. In Buddhism, it is said that acting in this way is the path to enlightenment.

The implication of dharma is that there is a right way for each person to carry out their life. Dharma is closely related to the concepts of duty and service to others, or seva. It has no single-word Western translation, which sometimes makes it a difficult concept for Westerners to grasp. One close translation, however, is “right way of living.”

Source: https://www.yogapedia.com/definition/4967/dharma
I understand dharma to be the fundamental essence of all things, the nature of reality, or perhaps just another name for the Law of One. I don't view it as pertaining to either STS or STO polarization, because it includes all things.

It's not something we can know in it's totality in 3rd density, imo.

A couple years ago I was trying to grasp the dharma and whatever I was reading gave an example of instances in which the dharma might be revealed to someone. One of those instances is when somebody you think you know well, does something that does not align with how you have been viewing them. In that moment of seeing that the person is not what you thought they were, the dharma is revealed. That is just one example. I forgot where I read it.

So with that being said, it seems like the dharma is the Universal Truth. We get glimpses here and there of it, but we can't know it fully.

I really think it's just another way of describing the Universal Truth/Reality.

But hey.... I don't know Smile thats just me

be well
Yes. It's a behavior, thought or word that has been done out of Love. It increases your polarity, makes you evolve and does purify your aura.
Good karma, what an interesting thought. Let us consider that Ra does not call it karma but instead "the wheel of action".

All quotes referencing karma.

https://www.lawofone.info/results.php?q=Karma

Selected quotes.

https://www.lawofone.info/s/10#1

Quote:After this experience of learn/teaching, the group decision was to place upon itself a type of what you may call karma alleviation.

https://www.lawofone.info/s/17#20

Quote:In forgiveness lies the stoppage of the wheel of action, or what you call karma.

https://www.lawofone.info/s/34#5

Quote:Thus one who has set in motion an action may forgive itself and never again make that error. This also brakes or stops what you call karma.

Quote:34.4 Questioner: Thank you. Would you define karma?

Ra: I am Ra. Our understanding of karma is that which may be called inertia. Those actions which are put into motion will continue using the ways of balancing until such time as the controlling or higher principle which you may liken unto your braking or stopping is invoked. This stoppage of the inertia of action may be called forgiveness. These two concepts are inseparable.

https://www.lawofone.info/s/35#1

Quote:this karma having to do with inharmonious relationship distortions with the mate/teacher.

It is apparent, when one consciously does something unloving towards another self. It sets in motion this wheel.

In forgivenes lies the stoppage of the wheel of karma.

When one is consciously loving towards our otherselves, the wheel unmoved, rests.
I don't think there is any good or bad to karma—those are human judgments; there is only karma. Here is an example: I have talked to many wealthy people in the new age circles, who think they deserve their comfort (money-wise) because they have "good karma." I find this idea self-serving and without wisdom (no offense intended), as any karma at all is something to process, worked through and gotten past; in other words, to get off the "karmic wheel." In the case of my example, even though they see their wealth and comfort as good karma, I'm more inclined to think they chose it due to a desire to learn to share abundance, or to learn that material comforts can shield a person from unity, or an infinite number of reasons other than they just deserve a good life while others struggle (and those others who struggle are the ones who have "bad" karma).

It is like catalyst—according to Ra everything here is catalyst (bad, good, whatever is a matter of perception and perspective). It is something to be processed. 
(04-12-2020, 01:36 PM)Infinite Wrote: [ -> ]A thought came to my mind now: what if dharma is what Ra called polarity (positive)? So, I made a quick search and the description of dharma seem similar to positive polarity:

Quote:Definition - What does Dharma mean?

Dharma is a Hindu, Buddhist and yogic concept that refers to the idea of a law, or principle, governing the universe. For an individual to live out their dharma is for them to act in accordance with this law. In Buddhism, it is said that acting in this way is the path to enlightenment.

The implication of dharma is that there is a right way for each person to carry out their life. Dharma is closely related to the concepts of duty and service to others, or seva. It has no single-word Western translation, which sometimes makes it a difficult concept for Westerners to grasp. One close translation, however, is “right way of living.”

Source: https://www.yogapedia.com/definition/4967/dharma

Agree. Dharma is The principle, so in a way we could align it to the LOO itself.
So, inside this principle, karma will take place but I like Ra's naming karma inertia...
Smile
(02-26-2021, 03:56 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]...I have talked to many wealthy people in the new age circles, who think they deserve their comfort (money-wise) because they have "good karma." I find this idea self-serving and without wisdom (no offense intended)...

I never bought into the "good karma" argument. I see the "deserving" of comfort coming after having successfully processed catalysts related to lack/abundance. Like when you realize that you need very little in life to be "happy", the Universe can't resist giving you abundance. Like the catalyst of lack was just there to teach you this and once learned there is no need for lack anymore, but then the "natural" state is abundance so without lack you're automatically in abundance (or you perceive it like that now).
I tend to agree with description of Karma as "Inertia"...

Yet in the context of 'inertial force' that keeps the 'fractalized consciousness' (soul) to 'come back' and experience something.
Thus there's an aspect of 'attachment' as well.

Regarding whether it's 'good' or 'bad', it's actually neither or both.
As 'good' and 'bad' are two sides of the same coin.

Taking an example of 'being wealthy' being labeled as a 'good karma'.
In absolute sense, the soul actually lacks nothing, yet once the soul witnessed or experienced certain condition which expose itself to a 'concept', it will create an 'attraction' of itself to experience such 'concept'.

It might be that the 'soul' has an 'attachment' or 'affinity' of experiencing 'being wealthy', and hoping to gain some lesson from experiencing such condition. In other words it's the 'attachment to being wealthy' that moves the soul to 'come back' and 'experiencing it'. Once the soul has experienced it and learn the lesson, the 'karma' of 'being wealthy' will be 'diminished'.

Becoming a 'billionaire' ain't no longer interesting once you've become a billionaire.
Yet witnessing a 'billionaire' while you're in 'poverty' condition yourself will create such desire / attraction / inertia to experience becoming a 'billionaire'.

Correlating it with 'attachment', this is where I think the concept of 'karma' meet the 'law of attraction'.
"attraction" is a form of 'attachment' and a form of 'karma'.
Curiosity is also a form of 'karma'.

And I think this is the 'reason' behind why Siddhartha advised 'non-attachment' to resolve 'karma'.
And the reason behind why Sadhguru mentioned 'enlightened' people actually have 'more karma' than the un-enlightened and not the other way around. As 'enlightened' people knows and being introduced to a wider range of 'concept' in comparison to the un-enlightened.
I was working with someone once, at a cafe, and he gave out a drink for free, so I said, "that was nice of you," and he replied, "it's for the good karma"

had to bite my tongue on that one!
I think saying "good karma" is a misnomer, but there is definitely something along the lines of being in alignment with the flow of things.
(02-27-2021, 08:47 PM)Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]I think saying "good karma" is a misnomer, but there is definitely something along the lines of being in alignment with the flow of things.

Right?
(02-27-2021, 08:47 PM)Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]I think saying "good karma" is a misnomer, but there is definitely something along the lines of being in alignment with the flow of things.

Reminds me of this.

https://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/i..._1113.aspx Q`uo Wrote:...You see, where you put your energy, where you put your mind, is vitally central to your experience. If you begin with an act of faith and say, “I think life is this way and I’m going to live as if it were this way,” then you cast yourself into the midair of faith having no proof of anything but the simple feeling, the knowing, that all truly is well and that the universe does make sense. It is not meaningless, and you are not alone. You are loved, you are needed, you are full of purpose, and you simply need to let go of any preconceived notions as to how that works and simply engage in life to the best of your ability, as a conscious seeker that understands the power of choice, the power of desire, the power of intention. The universe will begin to perceive you as joining the dance. You will begin to get synchronicities back. You will see repeating numbers. You will see your totem animal. You will see the signs that what you were thinking is important and that what you were thinking just now is especially important, so ponder it.

The universe will begin to help you. You will feel that feedback. And the more you lean into that, the more you will receive it, so that eventually, when someone says, “Well, why do you believe the way you do?” you have almost no ability to explain. Because you are an old, experienced hand at working with the Game of Life now. You understand about choices. You understand about love. You understand about the hall of mirrors in which all things speak to you—people, situations and things—and you are comfortable at last in this game, and enthusiastic to play it...
might be a silly question but is karma dissolved upon transitioning to 4d? in other words, is karma a part of 3d or does it apply to other densities as well?

if not, perhaps one way you could look at it, is someone "has" "good karma" when they've polarized positively, and "bad karma" when they've polarized negatively? that could be horribly off the mark but that's why im askin!

karma is still something that I'm picking at in my brain so I'm just spitballing here

also thank you so much Patrick for that Q'uote it's wonderful!!!!!

be well
I believe karma is a function of The Choice as a result of the veiling.

I think negatives absolve themselves of karma via self forgivness.

So no?
Yes "Karma" is applicable to 4d or even 5d and 6d.

Mr Ra, for example; has "karma" towards planet earth and it's inhabitant.
He channeled out "Law of One" message to earth's inhabitant, that's his karma towards planet earth.
Driven by his intention (Cetana) of seeing earth's inhabitant polarizing to the positive path.

An intention towards something will developed a karma towards that something
It's the intention (Cetana) that can be 'categorized' as good or bad, if it's sincere and self-less then it's being labeled as 'good intention', if it's selfish, non-sincere, conquering, enslaving then it's being labeled as 'bad intention'. From 'other self' point of view that is.

Mr Ra's knowledge on planet earth and it's inhabitant caused the karma, furthermore he has 'walked upon earth' as well.

That's why those who are 'enlightened' (know more) have more karma than those who are 'less enlightened' (know less).
Mr Ra will not have any intention (cetana) thus created his karma towards planet earth if he knows nothing about planet earth.
I think if you use that word Karma, then that word is already loaded with religious meanings. So when you ask Ra about Karma then you will get answers in those established contexts.

But to me I don't think Karma exists to be honest.....I mean in the way that is religiously taught. The most close natural law I could equate to that concept of karma is the law of attraction i.e. the deep rooted intention you send out and that intention coming back in the form of an experiences.

So from my perspective - reincarnation is a choice, i.e. caused by your intentions to want to come back rather than caused by karma like some sort of an unpaid debt lol....it just so happens that most souls like to pay back debts so..
What is the wheel of action and why would forgiveness stop it? If you answer these questions for yourself you will probably understand Karma as well as anyone who has read the LOO can.

As long as actions exist and forgiveness is possible then karma will exist. It is as simple as building a static charge and getting shocked. Certain actions will build a charge, and what is needed to release that charge will automatically be drawn to you. Forgiveness this is like a grounding wire, dissipating the charge.
Pages: 1 2