Bring4th

Full Version: Entertainment, media, and programming catalyst
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had this theory for a long time that the media we consume alters what we manifest in our personal lives.

Basically, the music, movies, TV, literature, art, video games, and so on that we take in shape our subconscious, which in turn program the type of catalyst we encounter.

I started developing this idea when I noticed that if I identified intensely with lyrics in a song, or a character in a work of fiction, I would manifest very similar scenarios in my own life.

Has this occurred to anyone else? Have you found ways to work with it?
(03-21-2020, 12:02 AM)888 Wrote: [ -> ]I've had this theory for a long time that the media we consume alters what we manifest in our personal lives.

Basically, the music, movies, TV, literature, art, video games, and so on that we take in shape our subconscious, which in turn program the type of catalyst we encounter.

I started developing this idea when I noticed that if I identified intensely with lyrics in a song, or a character in a work of fiction, I would manifest very similar scenarios in my own life.

Has this occurred to anyone else? Have you found ways to work with it?

I've noticed this in my own life and contemplated it as well. From a non-linear and holistic perspective, it's sort of a chicken-or-the egg thing. I think media people attract/are attracted to/identify with already reflects their own journey, catalyst, and archetypal stuff at play in their lives, rather than purely being influenced or spawned by those forms of media. A lot of morphic fields we may have connections to could also have influenced some of those works, for instance Dune with the Orion Black League influence.

I played a game called Mario RPG and the Legend of the Seven Stars as a kid, and evaluating it now it has(to me) overtly obvious Pleiadean and Gnostic influences. The seven stars are the Pleaiades, and the final boss "Smithy" represents the concept of what people call "the corrupt demiurge". I'll have to do a post or thread explaining that one some time, he's like a "master craftsman" whos actually an evil robot, and his head transforms into stuff. A tank(military industrial complex and war) a treasure box(money and greed), a radio or TV like device(media and tech used for propaganda and control), and a frickin' wizard(his head becomes its own robes and hooded figure casting spells, representing dark adepts and occult elite).
Yes you’re absolutely right. It’s called television “programming.” One is fixated on the television with a blank mind, focused on the screen. That is a good opportunity to implant ideas and concepts into subconsciousness. People won’t even know that their behavior or ideas have been influenced because it’s happened below the conscious level. However one will believe that those are his ideas, unless he’s mindful and in analyzing what he’s thinking and doing.

Particularly dangerous for children. I remember seeing my cousin sit in front of the TV and that was her full focus. Disney, Nick, etc kids watch these and become influenced by what they see. There was a story of a mother who observed her daughters behavior start changing at home and at school. The mother decided to sit down and actually watch what her daughter was watching, and see observed the same behavior on the TV.

People grow up and turn to the news”readers” and receive more conditioning and programming on how and what to think.
I see this countless times in my daily life, how people suddenly begin repeating the exact same words that they had heard from CNN or Fox.

If we are paying attention, we can become aware of this mental programming.

It’s not that these things are inherently bad or negative, it’s how they’re used. They’re largely used as distractions and as tools for programming and brainwashing. Anton LeVey, the Satanist, said TV is how Satan will be sold to the masses.
(03-21-2020, 09:13 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: [ -> ]Yes you’re absolutely right. It’s called television “programming.” One is fixated on the television with a blank mind, focused on the screen. That is a good opportunity to implant ideas and concepts into subconsciousness. People won’t even know that their behavior or ideas have been influenced because it’s happened below the conscious level. However one will believe that those are his ideas, unless he’s mindful and in analyzing what he’s thinking and doing.

Particularly dangerous for children. I remember seeing my cousin sit in front of the TV and that was her full focus. Disney, Nick, etc kids watch these and become influenced by what they see. There was a story of a mother who observed her daughters behavior start changing at home and at school. The mother decided to sit down and actually watch what her daughter was watching, and see observed the same behavior on the TV.

People grow up and turn to the news”readers” and receive more conditioning and programming on how and what to think.
I see this countless times in my daily life, how people suddenly begin repeating the exact same words that they had heard from CNN or Fox.

If we are paying attention, we can become aware of this mental programming.

It’s not that these things are inherently bad or negative, it’s how they’re used. They’re largely used as distractions and as tools for programming and brainwashing. Anton LeVey, the Satanist, said TV is how Satan will be sold to the masses.
You touched on something I didn't in my reply, which is media that has subliminal or otherwise propaganda or agendas attached to it. That makes up a lot of what you'd call the mainstream "junk" media we consume, like reality TV and a lot of kids cartoons(though SOME, no all Japanese anime shows have more positive influences and legit perspectives on philosophical and moral issues, such as some of the Gundam series.) It is good to differentiate if you "connect" with certain media or if it is steering you. I did and said some pretty stupid s*** after watching bugs bunny as a little kid like pretending I was drowning at an indoor pool(saw some similar skit on the show). My dad told me to knock it off and explained that it would create a false alarm situation for the lifeguard. While I don't think that's super overtly negative, it's at least really ignorant and doesn't point to a lot of value in that show's content.

Stuff like what I mentioned with the Mario RPG game literally shows that our media, art, and culture is sort of a soapbox or battlefield for a lot of ideas and agendas. It's a "two can play at that game scenario", so sometimes there are more wholesome influences to be found, including from ET cultures and energies, which influence our art and culture and media.
So I have an issue.

I'll use Nine Inch Nails as an example, but this could apply to any number of musical artists.

One of my favorite bands for a long time has been Nine Inch Nails. Since I awakened, I recognized that their music is of a largely negative nature, and it puts me in a negative mindset / vibration.

At times, their music gives me a feeling of power, the desire to dominate, and at other times, their music seems to make me unconsciously manifest deeply traumatic situations mirroring certain self-destructive lyrics / themes (such as "The Downward Spiral," or the lyric "thought he lost everything, then he lost a whole lot more.")

Of course, I could listen to it with the mindset that I'm listening for a cathartic experience, to cope with and purge myself of negativity, but that seemingly creates another loop where I associate the pleasure of music and purging with finding myself in those negative situations in the first place, and then I may unconsciously seek out further negative situations so I can have the enjoyment of purging them.

Does anyone have input on this?
(03-25-2020, 08:53 PM)888 Wrote: [ -> ]So I have an issue.

I'll use Nine Inch Nails as an example, but this could apply to any number of musical artists.

One of my favorite bands for a long time has been Nine Inch Nails. Since I awakened, I recognized that their music is of a largely negative nature, and it puts me in a negative mindset / vibration.

At times, their music gives me a feeling of power, the desire to dominate, and at other times, their music seems to make me unconsciously manifest deeply traumatic situations mirroring certain self-destructive lyrics / themes (such as "The Downward Spiral," or the lyric "thought he lost everything, then he lost a whole lot more.")

Of course, I could listen to it with the mindset that I'm listening for a cathartic experience, to cope with and purge myself of negativity, but that seemingly creates another loop where I associate the pleasure of music and purging with finding myself in those negative situations in the first place, and then I may unconsciously seek out further negative situations so I can have the enjoyment of purging them.

Does anyone have input on this?

I'll try my best. The latter part I will address first not for orderly concerns, but because it hits first. The last small paragraph sounds like trying to find meaning/purpose in conflict(either with others/outside forces, or in this case yourself). This is a tough cookie. It's something I've identified within myself and I don't yet have a definitive answer to. Look at the deeper spiritual aspects of the red ray. look for what gives you meaning and purpose beyond conflict and lesser polarity struggles. Another interpretation is that you are not seeking those situations for this reason, but because in a lot of ways you are ignoring looking at your shadow side and it is crying out to be recognized and healed, and through this music it can connect and communicate with you and at least somewhat get you to acknowledge it.

I still listen to heavy metal and used to even more so in my teen years. Some of the stuff I would listen to in the past and occasionally is more along the negative lines too. Metal is deep and honest, intense, and heart-felt music. Even plants that hate pop and mainstream metal grow well exposed to some very heavy genres because of how the music is structured. You may desire this more than the lyrical content itself...in which case there's badass positive metal out there for you to explore(not positive necessarily as in happy-go-lucky or ignoring the shadow, but positive overall in a deep and healing way). Maybe try Scar Symmetry-specifically the album "Holographic Universe".

I hope this helps.
I think it’s extremely courageous and... strongly needed to check things that feel negative to oneself. Just that great double edge to know where you exactly are at. Love your post 888 Wink
I would avoid the media—especially popular media. Certainly music is important. But utilize it wisely. For example, if I am writing a short story or novel, I don't read any short stories or novels while I am creating my own. Many years ago when I was writing my first "practice" novel, I realized at a point that I was using sentence structure similar to the author's in an historical novel I was reading. I stopped reading while I was writing and my "voice" eventually surfaced.

Moreover, the media has brainwashing effects; in order to think for yourself I suggest greatly limiting exposure.
(03-26-2020, 10:25 AM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]I would avoid the media—especially popular media. Certainly music is important. But utilize it wisely. For example, if I am writing a short story or novel, I don't read any short stories or novels while I am creating my own.

interesting. im a music maker and am usually listening to music throughout the day. i find it inspires me and stimulates my music brain. in fact i actually consider listening to music an actual part of the music making process!

it's wonderful how different we all are Smile
lol I totally understand both different approach, music and writing... I need music when I paint but... I rarely go to see galleries because the minute I see a show I am thinking I should be in my studio working... lol, I use b both your approaches Silly and Diana.
(03-26-2020, 11:35 AM)sillypumpkins Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-26-2020, 10:25 AM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]I would avoid the media—especially popular media. Certainly music is important. But utilize it wisely. For example, if I am writing a short story or novel, I don't read any short stories or novels while I am creating my own.

interesting. im a music maker and am usually listening to music throughout the day. i find it inspires me and stimulates my music brain. in fact i actually consider listening to music an actual part of the music making process!

it's wonderful how different we all are Smile

I get your process. But you might consider that you are being influenced by the music you are listening to when you create your own music. And that's okay if it's what you are looking to do—a kind of blend and interpretation. I have done that as a long-time illustrator—getting reference first and using it to inspire and formulate my own version. I guess no matter how pure the environment we are all influenced whether we know it or not.

I say do whatever blows your skirt up. Smile

[Image: bringthsexyguysblowskirtupjpg.jpg]
(03-26-2020, 03:33 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]I get your process. But you might consider that you are being influenced by the music you are listening to when you create your own music. And that's okay if it's what you are looking to do—a kind of blend and interpretation. I have done that as a long-time illustrator—getting reference first and using it to inspire and formulate my own version. I guess no matter how pure the environment we are all influenced whether we know it or not.

I say do whatever blows your skirt up. Smile

oh yes that is what i look to do. it's like my influences are rays of light and im sort of like a conduit that they go through. its fun to interpret your inspirations, take them apart, and them put them back together in your own way. i love it. it's like each influence/inspiration is a small part of a kaleidoscope, and you kinda piece it together as you go....... i love art Smile

im sort of curious now to know what would happen if i stopped listening to music for a week or two.... RollEyes something to think about i suppose BigSmile