Bring4th

Full Version: Check out this charity: GiveDirectly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.givedirectly.org/

GiveDirectly is a charity that gives money to the extreme poor (such as those in the '3rd world' and refugees) and lets them exercise complete free will in how they spend it.

This minimizes overhead costs for the charity, and also grants a level of trust and dignity in the recipients that they know their own needs best, rather than outsiders dictating their needs for them, even if well-intentioned. I think donating in this way is especially characteristic of the positive polarity, which respects the free will of all.

Even a small amount of currency for a developed nation can go a long way for citizens of undeveloped nations.

Also, GiveDirectly has also started a recent response to COVID-19 in the U.S. as well.

I'm personally supporting these causes, and I hope anyone who currently has the means to do so is willing to do the same. For those not in a position to act materially (which is understandable), thoughts and energy also have the potential to transform the probability / possibility vortices across all creation for the better.
(03-31-2020, 09:13 PM)888 Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.givedirectly.org/

GiveDirectly is a charity that gives money to the extreme poor (such as those in the '3rd world' and refugees) and lets them exercise complete free will in how they spend it.

This minimizes overhead costs for the charity, and also grants a level of trust and dignity in the recipients that they know their own needs best, rather than outsiders dictating their needs for them, even if well-intentioned. I think donating in this way is especially characteristic of the positive polarity, which respects the free will of all.

Even a small amount of currency for a developed nation can go a long way for citizens of undeveloped nations.

Also, GiveDirectly has also started a recent response to COVID-19 in the U.S. as well.

I'm personally supporting these causes, and I hope anyone who currently has the means to do so is willing to do the same. For those not in a position to act materially (which is understandable), thoughts and energy also have the potential to transform the probability / possibility vortices across all creation for the better.

Great notion.

There's one sentence that doesn't feel completely true to me though:

"Even a small amount of currency for a developed nation can go a long way for citizens of undeveloped nations."

I get what you're trying to say, but how about replacing the dichotomy of "developed/undeveloped" with something like "with high prices/low prices" or "high income/low income" which is closer to truth and less subjective?