Bring4th

Full Version: 1981.01.27 Session 10 of The Law of One by Ra
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ayadew

Quote:Questioner: For the general development of the reader of this book, could you state some of the practices or exercises to perform to produce an acceleration toward the Law of One?

Ra: I am Ra.

Exercise One. This is the most nearly centered and useable within your illusion complex. The moment contains love. That is the lesson/goal of this illusion or density. The exercise is to consciously seek that love in awareness and understanding distortions. The first attempt is the cornerstone. Upon this choosing rests the remainder of the life-experience of an entity. The second seeking of love within the moment begins the addition. The third seeking powers the second, the fourth powering or doubling the third. As with the previous type of empowerment, there will be some loss of power due to flaws within the seeking in the distortion of insincerity. However, the conscious statement of self to self of the desire to seek love is so central an act of will that, as before, the loss of power due to this friction is inconsequential.

Exercise Two. The universe is one being. When a mind/body/spirit complex views another mind/body/spirit complex, see the Creator. This is an helpful exercise.

Exercise Three. Gaze within a mirror. See the Creator.

Exercise Four. Gaze at the creation which lies about the mind/body/spirit complex of each entity. See the Creator.

The foundation or prerequisite of these exercises is a predilection towards what may be called meditation, contemplation, or prayer. With this attitude, these exercises can be processed. Without it, the data will not sink down into the roots of the tree of mind, thus enabling and ennobling the body and touching the spirit.

My dear friends, I may have stated similar otherwise, and we may have had discussion on this excerpt before, but I strongly feel this is the most important passage for me in all of Ra's LOO material. I wish to discuss this further with all of you.
What is love, my friends? This is a very good question, but seemingly vain as it's another paradox.

Love is what seemingly binds us together and all one ultimately desires. It surpasses the distortion we have labelled 'logic', because it is both logical and illogical simultaneously.

From a logical perspective we can view it as the reason humans have concluded from observing our behaviour as a species, the reason of reproduction.

From the illogical perspective it has no cause and effect, it simply permeates all parts of existence. Indeed, the "compassion with which unity is informed by its very nature" is an expression of universal Love. Love loves what is. Love loves everything, including those that wishes to destroy it. Love loves unity and unity is love. It exists everywhere, always, and can be felt for no reason at all. No reason, my friends, other than existing.

And what is existence? Is it something logical, that can explain this reason which appears from no cause?
I think not, for the mind seemingly invented 'awareness' for no reason at all. It built itself, then wondered why it did. Additionally, the mind can deny logic by the very thought of everything existing simultaneously, also by perceiving the part of the Creator's distortion which does not contain logic. The mind can be a 'logical' device defying logic.

This is not logical. And thus there is a part of love, should it be invented by our brain, which is not logical.
So, in the end, we do not know what Love is, as it's another paradox, both illogical and logical.

But does this matter, my friends? Do we need an explanation? For me, it does not, for is not it's pure existence all we crave for? To be fully embraced by an universal love. I cannot even begin to understand such joy, meaning and gratitude towards All.
To find love in every moment, to change all situations to something more unifying, can be done! It can be understood and it exists, truly, in this reality, should you chose to see it.
And every time you chose to, you gain an increased understanding of love and unity and all it's distortions, and as such they empower eachother.

This is my individual distortion of the definition of love and "Exercise One" as stated by Ra.

I would be grateful and honored to hear your thoughts on the matter, my friends.
(03-09-2009, 07:08 AM)ayadew Wrote: [ -> ]What is love, my friends? This is a very good question, but seemingly vain as it's another paradox.

Greetings ayadew! Another fine topic to ponder. I would agree that this is a seminal quote from LOO, and it is a topic that I have pondered often. Let's look briefly at Ra's later examination of and definition for "Love". (Note: I have extracted only a portion of this discussion which begins with Intelligent Infinity and continues through the end of the session. I recommend reviewing it all if you haven't recently).

Quote:Ra Book II, Session 27.

Questioner: I would like for you to define love in its sense as the second distortion.

Ra: I am Ra. This must be defined against the background of intelligent infinity or unity or the one Creator with the primal distortion of free will. The term Love then may be seen as the focus, the choice of attack, the type of energy of an extremely, shall we say, high order which causes intelligent energy to be formed from the potential of intelligent infinity in just such and such a way. This then may be seen to be an object rather than an activity by some of your peoples, and the principle of this extremely strong energy focus being worshipped as the Creator instead of unity or oneness from which all Loves emanate.

Questioner: Is there a manifestation of love that we could call vibration?

Ra: I am Ra. Again we reach semantic difficulties. The vibration or density of love or understanding is not a term used in the same sense as the second distortion, Love; the distortion Love being the great activator and primal co-Creator of various creations using intelligent infinity; the vibration love being that density in which those who have learned to do an activity called “loving” without significant distortion, then seek the ways of light or wisdom. Thus in vibratory sense love comes into light in the sense of the activity of unity in its free will. Love uses light and has the power to direct light in its distortions. Thus vibratory complexes recapitulate in reverse the creation in its unity, thus showing the rhythm or flow of the great heartbeat, if you will use this analogy.

First, note that in the second answer, Ra points out that the term "Love" is ambiguous. First, is the second distortion "Love", which he distinguishes from the vibration or 4th density of "love". For this discussion, it is clear that you are referring to the second distortion: Love.

Now, examining Ra's actual definition, we see that Love is the focus placed upon Intelligent Infinity in order to create Intelligent Energy in order to accomplish an intent of Free Will. So Love is a creative focus of Free Will.

What then, does it mean to find the Love in a moment? To me, this means to acknowledge that every moment is an experience of, by and for the One Creator. All is as it should be. By finding the Love in each moment, we are accepting the honor/duty of helping the One Infinite Creator experience itself.

In some moments, this is exceedingly easy. When we are filled with joy looking at the perfectly formed face of our newborn child, for example, or when we accomplish a lengthy and rewarding project, or when we experience blissful superconscious meditative states.

In other moments this is farther removed from us, but still readily available if we seek it. For example, when we do any mundane activity like driving to work, or washing the dishes, or mowing the grass. In these moments, if we look just below the surface, we will find the joy and Love and can easily raise up these "boring" tasks to truly joyous occasions as well. How often do we see these as simply "chores" that are keeping us from what we really wish to be doing. When we do, we are not living in the moment, in the "NOW", and if we are not living in the moment, then how can we find the Love that is there? I've read several times how much Carla enjoys these tasks, these rhythms of life, as she calls them. She easily finds the love in those moments. We should strive to make this connection, to live in each moment and experience the joy of creation therein.

Finally, there are some moments in which it is exceedingly difficult to find the Love. Consider when a loved one unexpectedly dies, or when you or a loved one are physically threatened, or when you are overcome by worry and concern for your finances or your future. Here is the true challenge, to find the Love in these situations. But it is there! For to experience the emotions concomitant with these situations, and to recognize them as moments co-created by you and the One Infinite Creator, out of Free Will, to allow for your experience and effective use of them is to find the Love in even the most adverse and devastating situations.

This is what finding Love in the moment means to me. Thank you, ayadew, for giving me the reason to formulate this response.

What do others think?

Love and Light,

3D Sunset

ayadew

Hello 3D Sunset.

I agree with you fully, my friend. Thank you for spreading this positive intention and vibration towards us all. You are a true asset to polarization.

Peace and love.
(03-09-2009, 07:08 AM)ayadew Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Exercise Two. The universe is one being. When a mind/body/spirit complex views another mind/body/spirit complex, see the Creator. This is an helpful exercise.

Exercise Three. Gaze within a mirror. See the Creator.

Exercise Four. Gaze at the creation which lies about the mind/body/spirit complex of each entity. See the Creator.
this is basically what i believe. a very good focus to have and one which i need to build more.
There was a question about what exercises could produce acceleration toward the Law of One. And there was recommendation of repetitive seeking, followed by repeated recommendations of gazing and seeing.

One thing that strikes me about this is that gazing and seeing could be acts of seeking love, as if the first recommendation is repeated in the following ones.
Related to this repetitive nature could be some connection to calling and bidding mentioned elsewhere in the LOO, the compounding nature of such efforts.

Another thing that strikes me is the context of which the question was asked and answered, as if what Don and Carla and Jim were experiencing just then was simply being reflected back to them; as if at the very moment the session was transpiring, they were exercising these accelerating mechanisms.

I'd like to further add that in the context of Christian Mysticism, the merging with Divine Love in a unitative stage, may be part of how this session transpired. In that sense, one may consider the concept of the transfiguration (of christ) a byproduct of such acceleration efforts.

I also reflect that the Buddhist concepts of Sunyata/Bohdicitta may be likewise pointing to the same concept, as if some basic universal effect seems at play that resides regardless of a person's ability to describe or communicate it very well from the perspective of whatever culture is familiar.

paddy
Thanks for posting this, ayadew! I agree that this is perhaps the single most important passage in the Law of One. Firstly, it encompasses the key points of the various religions: Christianity with its emphasis on loving others, Buddhism with its emphasis on contemplation, Paganism with its emphasis on loving/harmonizing with Nature, etc. I think this passage validates those key elements that the religions find important, while unifying those seemingly diverse paths into a cohesive whole.

Secondly, its value is incalculable in terms of application. I think it's the closest to a tenet given by Ra...a philosophy to live by that encompasses the essence of the Law of One while, at the same time, giving us clear principles and guidelines to aspire to in our daily lives.

I agree with the previous comments about those times that are easier than others to choose to find the love in the present moment. I would add that, for me, the most difficult is when other-selves mistreat us or misunderstand us, or when those other-selves we had considered STO engage in what might be considered STS behavior towards us or others. This is even more difficult than seeing the Creator in those who are obviously pursuing the STS path! With those 'evil' people we can write them off as having chosen the STS polarity, and, even though their atrocities enrage us and hopefully spur us into humanitarian action, usually the perpetrators aren't those we know personally, so we can just think "That criminal/politician/rapist/whatever is an STS entity," wish them love from a distance, engage in some humanitarian work for our chosen causes, and go on our merry way.

But, when it's upfront and personal, with a friend or family member, whom we deal with in our everyday lives, it's a lot more difficult. And, imo, a lot more crucial. Why? Because these are the people who are mirroring to us the most. These are the people whom we're emotionally involved with, and who have the capability of pushing our own buttons. These are the people we've chosen to work with on some level, not only for their sakes but for ours. If they push our buttons, we can be sure that there is something in us that is being mirrored back by them; else our buttons wouldn't be getting pushed.

My personal belief is that, in times of conflict, even if we think the other person gets 99% of the blame, we must take responsibility for 100% of the resolution. We must start with ourselves, rather than continuing to blame the other person. This is the most difficult when the other person seems so clearly in the wrong, or at least we thik that from our perspective.

Ra never used the word 'teach' by itself but always together with 'learn.' It's so easy to just judge the other person, rather than taking a look at ourselves, and then forgiving both self and other-self and seeing the Creator in both self and other-self. It's so easy to think "S/he needs to do this, learn that, apologize, change, etc." but as long as we're dictating what the other-self must do...as long as we are expecting the change to come from the other-self instead of starting with ourselves, we are not seeing the Creator in them, we are not forgiving them, and we are not finding the love in the present moment.

We might think the person is totally to blame, but that's never the case. There is always a part of us that is contributing to the conflict. Even if the problem is 99% the other-self, the solution is always 100% our own. It is our choice, and ours alone, in that moment of conflict, to see the Creator in the other-self, as well as in ourselves...and to find the love in the very nature of the conflict.

Then, compounding the matter, is our knowledge that the Harvest is nigh. How much weight does that knowledge carry, when dealing with loved ones? Especially for parents, whose nature it is to feel responsible for their children. It's the nature of parents to fret about the mistakes they made raising their kids...but those who are ignorant of the Law of One have only the present lifetime to be concerned about. At worst, they might worry that their child might not live up to their perceived potential, or, worse, actually be a 'bad' person. But it's still just the present lifetime that's at stake. With our knowledge of the Harvest, there is so much more at stake. This is akin to what the religious people deal with, when their children choose to leave the religion that they think is necessary for 'salvation of the soul.'

These are the situations I find the most challenging...to see the love in the present moment, despite our human worries and instinctual sense of responsibility in the case of loved ones, or instinctual tendencies to blame others in the case of those who've harmed us in some way. But I think it is those very situations that offer the most opportunity for polarizing.

I am very grateful to Ra for offering us these tenets. I have this passage framed and on the wall in our bathroom, as a constant reminder! I think it's by far the most valuable piece of info in the entire Law of One. But its value is only as great as our choice to apply it in our lives.
Sometimes I wonder if the STO/STS paradigm was something originally contemplated by Don/Carla/Jim that was later reflected back to them in the Ra sessions, as if it is possible that Ra selected that paradigm to communicate something that was more difficult to express.

To make an interpretation so, one much consider that there was likely subliminal psychic communications going on in addition to all the words that were shared in a more conscious way, which later manifested as artifacts in the Ra books.

It may be that the accelerating effect of resonating love, or else the experience of divine love, in some way enhances the mechanism of psychic transference, as if a greater amount of information can be shared in such way, hence a more efficient means than may be possible with a conventional conscious book study approach.

Furthermore, the notion of "harvest" may in some way relate to the notion of Divine Love, of a persons ability to resonate love in a way that helps others and helps themselves at the same time, (which gets back to the STO/STS paradigm.) Maybe Divine Love seems the greatest fruit.

In the context of conflict, or degrees of conflict, there may be some relation to the idea of distortion, where a person in conflict may seem less able - or even disabled, from resonating love well. It may be that "Divine Love" carries lesser degrees of distortion which give it some special qualities. Maybe each of us, in our roles as Creator, can generate such love, and help others create it also.

There may very well be many occurrences where Ra commended the Trio of their remarkable "harmony" that was sustained in facilitating the Ra contact. I think such "harmonies" may carry low degrees of conflict or else conflict which is managed in a way which allows people to sustain low distortion states.
Such shared harmony reminds me of the Buddhist principle of Sangha, where the six principles of harmony are practice between people in their group work.

On a personal level, I have found the practice of Metta meditation helpful in managing conflict. Some of these experiences of conflict may seem subconscious, as if there is a psychic transference which contains elements of conflicting information, possibly a form of psychic attack. I think that the practice of Metta can help a person find love in the moment and displace the inferior (distorted) state of being that triggered the need for Metta in the first place.

I also ponder the concept of psychic transference from a freewill perspective, that promoting distorted states of being in others may in fact be a form of freewill infringement that likely carries karmic repercussions. It may be that this is part of Ra's incentive in participating in the sessions.

In other words, back in Ancient times is it possible that Ra transmitted LOO information, partly by way of psychic transference, in some way that resulted in some sort of misunderstanding? So this might imply that psychic transference data may be misinterpreted to differing degrees of aptitude, as part of our human condition.

paddy