Bring4th

Full Version: pressure around my head
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While i was meditating yeaterday i started to feel a pressure all over my head. It was a slight pressure after a few mintues of meditating....does anyone have any insight into what the pressure is?

Steve
LOVE
I think it is just your energy body. it feels like pressure when it becomes concentrated in a certain area.
Oh alright....my etheric body? That would be considered the energy body right?.....
depends on your situation. you need to analyze and asses. it may be someone/something drawing energy or loading energy onto that energy center, it may be the blockage/clogging in your energy center, it may be your energy center trying to open up, it may be lack of energy or the resistance of the ambient conditions (spiritual conditions where you are) to that energy, it may be any number of things.

you need to work on it.
The etheric body is a good name for it yes. But there's a lot of interactions there with the rational body and emotional body so it can get a bit fuzzy, don't mistake it for the aura which is a different thing. The energy is so close to the physical most people can feel it pretty much without any sort of psychic training. It's one of the first subtle bodies that people discover.

It really is one of the most common side effects of meditation and in this case it happens during meditation. Lets not over complicate things. Smile With very little exercise we can get conscious control over this. In fact my mother learned how to do it in yoga class.

In this thread I gave some examples on how to train yourself to do this.

Brittany

I've felt a pressure on my chest during meditation, not so much my head. What pressure I did feel was relieved by doing a small cleansing ritual before I meditated (visualization works fine), making sure my mind was in the right place before I turned myself over to an altered state of consciousness. I usually say a little prayer before entering meditation as well, trying to give myself a focus and reinstate the fact that I am entering into this act for positive reasons. This basically helps to quell any inner resistance that might otherwise distract me.

I think some of it could have come from my posture, too. It is very important, in my opinion, to be comfortable when you meditate, or your body will start trying to think of ways to get you to move. I was trying to sit in the "traditional" pose, but due to lifelong back problems I've learned I have to alter the position a bit to get the most out of things.

Of course, symptoms like this could ultimately be any number of things. Taking some time to analyze your thoughts and feelings would probably be of benefit. Maybe ask your guides to help clear things up for you?
I agree with taking time to analyze.
For me, when I feel pressure, it's from opening up the crown and 3rd eye chakras,
and allowing the receiving of downloads. That's a 3rd eye experience.

Though I don't really meditate so much anymore, so I can't say how meditation affects the pressures.
But when I get downloads like that, then they tend to come with other sensations.

This is just me though, so as always, YMMV (your mileage may vary).
I get a few different feelings depending on what and were. Crown opening feels like my head fraying out at the edges. I also get a presser sometimes right on the top........ With the sensation I can zoom up and down into space, it makes me dizzy in a nice way Tongue

Sometimes forehead..... Sometimes right back in the base of my skull, like the others say you need to take time working out how stuff works for you Smile