Bring4th

Full Version: "Edit Profile" limitations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The field for "My Wanderer Story" is nowadays too short to enter the URL for newly made threads. Some older members have a link in there, but newer members cannot put it in. With the inclusion of "www." in the link, the thread ID does not fit at all; without it, newer thread IDs are still too long (too many digits). Extending the field with 10 characters or so would fix the problem.

I made the title more general in case there are more things which others find. This issue seems the result of years with activity passing and an old limit not being kept in mind, and there could be more of that kind.
Thanks. I've let the webmaster of the site know of this issue.

Cheers.
(05-03-2020, 03:34 PM)Asolsutsesvyl Wrote: [ -> ]The field for "My Wanderer Story" is nowadays too short to enter the URL for newly made threads. Some older members have a link in there, but newer members cannot put it in. With the inclusion of "www." in the link, the thread ID does not fit at all; without it, newer thread IDs are still too long (too many digits). Extending the field with 10 characters or so would fix the problem.

I made the title more general in case there are more things which others find. This issue seems the result of years with activity passing and an old limit not being kept in mind, and there could be more of that kind.

Howdy!

Plenum mentioned the issue about the profile length being too short for the Wanderer Story URLs.  It took a bit of hunting, but I found the field settings and extended it to 80 characters (previously it was 50).  I also extended the blog URL field to 80 characters just in case that becomes an issue down the road.

You should now be all set to enter the full length URL.

Thanks for raising the issue!
Steve