Bring4th

Full Version: I really love this planet.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where else in the universe are you gonna find rogue knitters?? haha!

That picture of the tree entirely covered in wool... How long must it have taken for them to do that, even if you had 5 or 6 people working it!

The last paragraph: "Guerilla knitting has been an increasingly widespread phenomenon over the past few years, with yarn enthusiasts taking to the streets of cities around the world to encase parts of them in wool."

It's getting more popular?! lol
Oh wow! That' is just fantastic BigSmile Hahaha!
I have seen a very occasional photograph of this before, but nothing so elaborate. So maybe it is growing? Be aware! before you know it you have to cut your way into your mailbox with scissors! Cool

Reminds me of Bankski's graffiti... It's not just tagging a wall, it's art with a statement.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...lehem.html

Brittany

This is awesome. Sounds like something I would do, if I knew how to knit. :-)
Omg this is awesome !!!!
[Image: ZaKoz.jpg]
Speaks for itself Smile
Haha, I love it. It's so creative. Sounds like a new art form and creative expression.
Good find.

BTW, have you seen artwork of Julian Beever? He does the 3D street art. You can google images him.

[Image: julian-beever-3d-chalk-art-river1.jpg]
Hahah Smile Especially the two people posing in the picture. Smile

Meerie

Sounds like a good idea for the winter... let's cover all the trees with knit sweaters so they will not be cold... imagine having to stand out there in the cold unable to move, brrrr, I am sure the trees are grateful LOL
The building I work in is an ugly concrete and glass cube... as far as I am concerned the rogue knitters can come any time and cover it up in colorful wool! Tongue