Bring4th

Full Version: Favorite Charities?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My birthday is on Friday and I just started a Facebook charity fund-thingy for the Sheldrick Wildlife Trust in Kenya.

It got me thinking, what are some of your favorite charities to donate to?
(05-13-2020, 12:22 PM)sillypumpkins Wrote: [ -> ]My birthday is on Friday and I just started a Facebook charity fund-thingy for the Sheldrick Wildlife Trust in Kenya.

It got me thinking, what are some of your favorite charities to donate to?

It might be a charity for homeless people and for those in need of food
Best Friends, an animal sanctuary.

Phoenix Rescue Mission, for the homeless.

Other than that, I keep cash in my car for people on the streets asking for it. I don't care what their angle is or what they use it for.

Smile

And happy birthday!!!!!
I like Avaaz. They don't always ask for money. Sometimes just a vote for a cause.
Sikh temples give free meals to anybody attending and I think highly of their practices although I've never attended. I probably should check them out. They practice Sahaj samadhi.

Sahaja Yoga International and A.R.E. are in accordance with what my opinion of truth is.

These groups help people achieve their own mental equilibrium. I probably would have never chilled out and been a very angry person if I never began practicing. There are studies that have been done on it showing it as an effective treatment for psychosomatic illnesses.
A lot of people I bet would dispute that it could be so simple, but I think westerners have such a lame attitude where instead of telling someone that they can fix their own mind, well oooooOOO noooo that might be too difficult for the most idiotic 20 people out of 100 and meditation is religion. Here's an antidepressant for you to get hooked on for the rest of your life. Fixed! [don't worry if it makes someone a little bit more..dumb...they already were shh. They can now get a minimal job at a register see? Functional!]
(05-13-2020, 04:17 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]And happy birthday!!!!!

Thanks diana BigSmile BigSmile
i like to donate straight to people. The Red Crosses and Salvation Army charities are really annoying. They spend alot of money on advertising and paying their top executives and alot of other overhead. Not a good use of money meant for others.
(05-13-2020, 07:52 PM)JJCarsonian Wrote: [ -> ]i like to donate straight to people.  The Red Crosses and Salvation Army charities are really annoying.  They spend alot of money on advertising and paying their top executives and alot of other overhead. Not a good use of money meant for others.

This is definitely true, and also the Salvation Army in particular discriminates against LGBT people when they are at a much greater risk of being homeless.

Picture it, a person kicked out by their Christian family or a person who has money to rent a room but because they're obviously LGBT can't afford to live on their own like many hundreds of millions of people on this planet..so they face plenty of rejection because it's just like a person who doesn't like blacks won't lynch blacks, but certainly won't be friend with one. "I have nothing against an LGBT person, but I don't want to be friends with one and I certainly won't allow one to live in my home. Absolutely not!!"

Homeless organizations get billions of dollars in funding, private and public sector assistance but don't do s*** to actually give people a place to live...which is actually what they need. Meanwhile the same public and private groups they'll pay for people to get locked up and give them food and..a place to live over marijuana. In the eyes of philosophically illuminated democrats and republicans alike this system makes perfect sense.

Big homeless has an incentive for there to be endless homelessness.
There's a market for taking care of hobos. Don't cut our funding!

RollEyes RollEyes RollEyes RollEyes RollEyes