Bring4th

Full Version: How to develop outside the will of dictatorship?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
One of the main questions that Ra readers pose in the Law of One is "How to develop outside the will of dictatorship?"

"Ra: I am Ra. This instrument is being greeted by a fifth density entity
which has lost some polarity due to its lack of dictatorship over the
disposition of the instrument’s mind / body / spirit
or its yellow-ray activated
physical complex. "

A man has a bouquet of many essences and elements, which he constantly exposes in a hierarchical order, gives free rein to one and subordinates everything else, in order to take a step forward one needs to subordinate arms, legs, feelings and desires, otherwise the body will fall apart. Imagine that you want to get out of the car and your hands do not want this and continue to hold the steering wheel, then you will not be able to get out, you need to subordinate the whole body. So does the state, corporations. A person cannot get a job in the company and at the same time do whatever he wants there, he will be obliged to obey the rules and do what the boss says, the one who controls the body of the company.

Could you find the path that calls for finding Ra "lack of dictatorship over the disposition of the instrument’s mind / body / spirit" I do not see a successful company that would become an example of this type of management.
Quote:Could you find the path that calls for finding Ra "lack of dictatorship over the disposition of the instrument’s mind / body / spirit" I do not see a successful company that would become an example of this type of management.

Here is one:

https://www.commondreams.org/view/2012/06/25-4
Common Dreams is such a wonderful organisation.
(06-10-2020, 01:21 AM)Strannik Wrote: [ -> ]A man has a bouquet of many essences and elements, which he constantly exposes in a hierarchical order, gives free rein to one and subordinates everything else, in order to take a step forward one needs to subordinate arms, legs, feelings and desires, otherwise the body will fall apart.

A reconciliation and voluntary cooperation/collaboration of all the (illusory) parts and energies based on the awareness of oneness is much more organic and effective though.
(06-10-2020, 01:21 AM)Strannik Wrote: [ -> ]One of the main questions that Ra readers pose in the Law of One is "How to develop outside the will of dictatorship?"

"Ra: I am Ra. This instrument is being greeted by a fifth density entity
which has lost some polarity due to its lack of dictatorship over the
disposition of the instrument’s mind / body / spirit
or its yellow-ray activated
physical complex. "

A man has a bouquet of many essences and elements, which he constantly exposes in a hierarchical order, gives free rein to one and subordinates everything else, in order to take a step forward one needs to subordinate arms, legs, feelings and desires, otherwise the body will fall apart. Imagine that you want to get out of the car and your hands do not want this and continue to hold the steering wheel, then you will not be able to get out, you need to subordinate the whole body. So does the state, corporations. A person cannot get a job in the company and at the same time do whatever he wants there, he will be obliged to obey the rules and do what the boss says, the one who controls the body of the company.

Could you find the path that calls for finding Ra "lack of dictatorship over the disposition of the instrument’s mind / body / spirit" I do not see a successful company that would become an example of this type of management.

Working at a job is a voluntary agreement. If the limitations you place on yourself by agreeing to something is giving someone else dictatorship and will preclude you from developing then how does anyone develop in this world? The greatest monks and saints all had to obey the rules of their society, cloister, family, and institution. Even if you form a group whereby everyone is gathered for the same purpose there will still be rules and behaviors which are not allowed in that group. That is also true of the common dreams and any other employee owned company, of which there are many including inside the US.

Further more if you ever desired to learn under a spiritual master they would not teach you if you would not follow their instructions. Life is full of times when you have to listen to someone else for your own development. To characterize a relationship without total freedom of action as being one in which you are being ruled by another is not helpful to development.
In a business, there are a lot of things to consider. Let's start with the lack of equality. This can be addressed by a restructuring. There are some companies called EOCs (Employee Owned Company) which invest every employee with incentive to help the company survive and thrive. This helps to create an environment of teamwork, which does not usually exist in other companies.

Aside from those who choose the roles to rule over others—the higher paid positions of upper management, CEOs etc.—there is the other side of that coin—the followers. Many people are still in the sinkhole of indifference—not choosing consciously and just surviving. In the work environment, they are "employees," doing what someone else tells them to do. So we have division and separation, which is accountable on both sides of the coin. The general consciousness of humankind is still in predator/prey. It seems to be a long process of emerging form this situation. 

To confuse this more, the world workforce has completely morphed due to the Internet. There is opportunity there, but slogging through the sea of scams, mediocrity, celebrity worship, and other obstacles isn't easy. In addition, once again we have a situation where "the person with the most money [often] wins." This is evident on Amazon, where sponsored ads are the only products buyers ever see. 

However, things are what they are at this time. So within the framework of today's career/workforce situation, a fresh look at things is warranted. I'm still trying to sort this out as the world has changed SO much in this regard. What used to be viable is no longer.

I would love to hear from anyone who has built a successful online business. I am in the process now with a couple of ventures, and would appreciate any insights.
Diana, I know you dont like social media, I am very cautious too, but have a few artist friends who are selling through Instagram. I am on it too and though I do not sell through it, but in another way online and through fairs, PM if you like as this is information outside this thread, or Bring 4. You could connect with these friends.
(06-10-2020, 11:48 AM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]In a business, there are a lot of things to consider. Let's start with the lack of equality. This can be addressed by a restructuring. There are some companies called EOCs (Employee Owned Company) which invest every employee with incentive to help the company survive and thrive. This helps to create an environment of teamwork, which does not usually exist in other companies.

Aside from those who choose the roles to rule over others—the higher paid positions of upper management, CEOs etc.—there is the other side of that coin—the followers. Many people are still in the sinkhole of indifference—not choosing consciously and just surviving. In the work environment, they are "employees," doing what someone else tells them to do. So we have division and separation, which is accountable on both sides of the coin. The general consciousness of humankind is still in predator/prey. It seems to be a long process of emerging form this situation. 

To confuse this more, the world workforce has completely morphed due to the Internet. There is opportunity there, but slogging through the sea of scams, mediocrity, celebrity worship, and other obstacles isn't easy. In addition, once again we have a situation where "the person with the most money [often] wins." This is evident on Amazon, where sponsored ads are the only products buyers ever see. 

However, things are what they are at this time. So within the framework of today's career/workforce situation, a fresh look at things is warranted. I'm still trying to sort this out as the world has changed SO much in this regard. What used to be viable is no longer.

I would love to hear from anyone who has built a successful online business. I am in the process now with a couple of ventures, and would appreciate any insights.

People should be very careful about assuming that someone who is in a management or high tier position in a company is there because they desire to rule over others. I am second in command at my company and will be in charge one day. If I don't do my job properly I will put 30+ people out of work and they won't be able to take care of their families. Some people are certainly in those positions because they enjoy power, but just like anything else it can be a service to others too. Same goes for selling products. Many people feel like it is not spiritual to sell something for profit, but when you provide a valuable service to someone and they willingly pay for it, that allows you to continue providing that service and to keep plenty of people employed. There is plenty to discuss about the merits and demerits of any system of trade but just because you disagree with a system does not mean those who engage in that system are service to self or otherwise morally wrong.
(06-10-2020, 02:27 PM)Dtris Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-10-2020, 11:48 AM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]In a business, there are a lot of things to consider. Let's start with the lack of equality. This can be addressed by a restructuring. There are some companies called EOCs (Employee Owned Company) which invest every employee with incentive to help the company survive and thrive. This helps to create an environment of teamwork, which does not usually exist in other companies.

People should be very careful about assuming that someone who is in a management or high tier position in a company is there because they desire to rule over others. I am second in command at my company and will be in charge one day. If I don't do my job properly I will put 30+ people out of work and they won't be able to take care of their families. Some people are certainly in those positions because they enjoy power, but just like anything else it can be a service to others too. Same goes for selling products. Many people feel like it is not spiritual to sell something for profit, but when you provide a valuable service to someone and they willingly pay for it, that allows you to continue providing that service and to keep plenty of people employed. There is plenty to discuss about the merits and demerits of any system of trade but just because you disagree with a system does not mean those who engage in that system are service to self or otherwise morally wrong.

I think this is so true as in fact it applies to most collective, which is a collection of entities , each with their own choices and behaviors. At least as long as we are not an SMC, devoted to one polarized choice in third density.
(06-10-2020, 02:27 PM)Dtris Wrote: [ -> ]People should be very careful about assuming that someone who is in a management or high tier position in a company is there because they desire to rule over others. I am second in command at my company and will be in charge one day. If I don't do my job properly I will put 30+ people out of work and they won't be able to take care of their families. Some people are certainly in those positions because they enjoy power, but just like anything else it can be a service to others too. Same goes for selling products. Many people feel like it is not spiritual to sell something for profit, but when you provide a valuable service to someone and they willingly pay for it, that allows you to continue providing that service and to keep plenty of people employed. There is plenty to discuss about the merits and demerits of any system of trade but just because you disagree with a system does not mean those who engage in that system are service to self or otherwise morally wrong.

You're right. I shouldn't have made a blanket statement. It wasn't well thought out. I was referring to STS-type individuals, so my bad.
(06-10-2020, 01:07 PM)flofrog Wrote: [ -> ]Diana, I know you dont like social media,  I am very cautious too,  but have  a few artist friends who are selling through Instagram. I am on it too and though I do not sell through it, but in another way online and through fairs, PM if you like as this is information outside this thread,  or Bring 4. You could connect with these friends.

I am on social media for business (FB and Pinterest), and you're right, I don't really like it. But I see the necessity. I have not gotten on Instagram yet but want to. Do you have an Instagram account (anyone who is selling on it) that you know of that I could look at?
(06-10-2020, 05:20 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-10-2020, 01:07 PM)flofrog Wrote: [ -> ]Diana, I know you dont like social media,  I am very cautious too,  but have  a few artist friends who are selling through Instagram. I am on it too and though I do not sell through it, but in another way online and through fairs, PM if you like as this is information outside this thread,  or Bring 4. You could connect with these friends.

I am on social media for business (FB and Pinterest), and you're right, I don't really like it. But I see the necessity. I have not gotten on Instagram yet but want to. Do you have and Instagram account (anyone who is selling on it) that you know of that I could look at?

I would highly recommend Instagram for business purposes. To me its the most relevant form of social media currently. Its also the most light-hearted one of them all imo.
(06-10-2020, 05:52 PM)fwperspective Wrote: [ -> ]

I am on social media for business (FB and Pinterest), and you're right, I don't really like it. But I see the necessity. I have not gotten on Instagram yet but want to. Do you have and Instagram account (anyone who is selling on it) that you know of that I could look at?

I would highly recommend Instagram for business purposes. To me its the most relevant form of social media currently.

If you could give me more details it would be helpful. How do you use it? What is your business? You can PM me if you don't want to talk about it publicly. 
(06-10-2020, 05:54 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-10-2020, 05:52 PM)fwperspective Wrote: [ -> ]

I would highly recommend Instagram for business purposes. To me its the most relevant form of social media currently.

If you could give me more details it would be helpful. How do you use it? What is your business? You can PM me if you don't want to talk about it publicly. 
oh, I don't use it for that personally. I'm just on it, and have seen it work well for lots of people in that way as a staple. Can't be of much more help than that unfortunately. I'd recommend just making an account and following some businesses to see how they use it..if it interests you.

The slogan of capitalism: "That's capitalism, babe. s*** rolls downhill. Profits flow up." ―Vladie to Jupiter
There is nothing wrong with the system itself, the problem is the imperfection of people, their low moral principles, greed, pride, which affect those who depend on them.
Most people concentrate on their physical body and take care of its needs, not paying attention to the body of their souls, feelings, emotions, emotional balance.
I saw many companies whose employees suffered from:
- The greed of the director
- Unbearable load
- Despotism of the director
- Severe working conditions
- Lack of personal development
Why does the employee not leave the company? Often he is weak, not confident in his abilities, that he will find another job, he is afraid. The boss feels it and loads his work even more, reduces his salary.
Is the boss happy in such a situation? Not for long, his inner world is destroyed, and illness and torment come into his life.

But the world is really changing fast because people are changing. The AI era is approaching (My a little philosophy article but I think it is useful for you. Https://medium.com/@dyhanie.istiny/shoul...a6aef21fe8) AI developing led to the fact that the program replaces the person everywhere, which will inevitably lead to a decrease in the number of companies and increase their income, as well as to layoffs and unemployment. If the freed up resources are distributed among citizens, an era of prosperity sets in, if the resources are concentrated in the hands of a small number of STS people, this will lead to people's suffering and complete dictatorship.
(06-10-2020, 11:48 AM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]I would love to hear from anyone who has built a successful online business. I am in the process now with a couple of ventures, and would appreciate any insights.

For more than 25 years, I am having a freelance translation business and have had a couple more businesses with a shorter life span. Right now, I am developing a new one around my life's mission Spiritual Mentoring using all the wisdom accumulated during the 62 years of this lifetime. Would love to share what I'we learned and how I am using it. Drop me a PM if interested, OK?
(06-10-2020, 01:21 AM)Strannik Wrote: [ -> ]Imagine that you want to get out of the car and your hands do not want this and continue to hold the steering wheel, then you will not be able to get out, you need to subordinate the whole body.

If this happens, you have two options. You can think that the body should be doing what you want it to do, force it to do that regardless of anything else, and try to suppress that which is of inconvenience to you. Or, you can think there must be something that the body needs which it is trying to communicate to you. You can figure out what this is and treat your body with respect, use the light touch to redirect it (not force it, not control it) according to your wishes, but trying to work in harmony with it and its needs for true cooperation.

(06-10-2020, 01:21 AM)Strannik Wrote: [ -> ]There is nothing wrong with the system itself

I disagree, I see huge foundational flaws in capitalism, or even with the mere concept of money. Capitalism forces a situation where people live and do things according to extrinsic goals (the money), rather than putting the focus on the activity/work itself. If I remember right, there are studies in psychology that say that even when people love doing a certain activity, their levels of satisfaction towards that activity decrease once you start giving them rewards or any extrinsic value for performing that activity. That's the best case scenario. The more common reality, of course, is that most people engage in activities that they loathe, solely because they pursue that extrinsic value, rather than because they enjoy the activity in and of itself, for its intrinsic value.

Let's consider for a second the metaphysical power and importance of both joy, and being in the here and now. Any monetary system works directly against these things. Ra themselves implied that there are metaphysical dangers to commerce and monetary systems:

Quote:23.15 Questioner: I was really questioning more about the more basic cause of the disease rather than the mechanism of its transmission. I was going back to the root or thought which created the possibility of this disease. Could you shortly tell me if I am correct in assuming that the general reduction of thought over the long time on planet Earth with respect to an understanding of the Law of One created a condition in which this— what we call disease could develop? Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct and perceptive. You, as questioner, begin now to penetrate the outer teachings.

The root cause in this particular society was not so much a bellicose action although there were, shall we say, tendencies, but rather the formation of a money system and a very active trading and development of those tendencies towards greed and power; thus, the enslaving of entities by other entities and the misapprehension of the Creator within each entity.

And let's not forget that a capitalist system (a communist one, too) is a system too easily exploited by STS entities, one that they can easily use to their advantage for the enslaving of huge amounts of people. Simply put, if we incarnated for spiritual reasons, capitalism focuses on material gains and productivity. The dangers of communism are different, in that even when the system is working as intended, it forces compassion on people, rather than letting it flower naturally from within them.
(06-11-2020, 04:49 AM)Ray711 Wrote: [ -> ]If this happens, you have two options. You can think that the body should be doing what you want it to do, force it to do that regardless of anything else, and try to suppress that which is of inconvenience to you. Or, you can think there must be something that the body needs which it is trying to communicate to you. You can figure out what this is and treat your body with respect, use the light touch to redirect it (not force it, not control it) according to your wishes, but trying to work in harmony with it and its needs for true cooperation.

I just wanted to say that any movement of the system is a compromise or dictatorship, when many voices fall silent and everyone goes the same way, I do not see another option for the movement of the system. There are plenty of examples of dictatorship, I would like to better understand how the movement is organized in harmony.

To be honest, an ordinary person does not solve anything at all. His desire is the desire of his environment, it influences and creates it, the thoughts in his head are the movements of egregors whose master he is not. Anyone who thinks that he is free: - just try not to breathe, do not drink, when your body asks for it, don’t follow his wishes, try to fly or be on top of the mountain, and you will understand that your life is woven from limitations. Someone who has money will say I can buy a plane ticket and others will bring me to the top of the mountain on their shoulders ... No, this is not freedom, it is a dependency on money that exists only as long as there is a person willing to accept it, if such a person is from them refuse - it's just rubbish.

(06-11-2020, 04:49 AM)Ray711 Wrote: [ -> ]If I remember right, there are studies in psychology that say that even when people love doing a certain activity, their levels of satisfaction towards that activity decrease once you start giving them rewards or any extrinsic value for performing that activity. That's the best case scenario. The more common reality, of course, is that most people engage in activities that they loathe, solely because they pursue that extrinsic value, rather than because they enjoy the activity in and of itself, for its intrinsic value.

Something like a dog training.
There are two types of people. The first ones work to survive and do what they are obliged to do gradually destroying themselves. Another type of people works because they are interested and they develop along with their work, they do not repeat themselves and are constantly looking for new skill and pleasure in their work.

(06-11-2020, 04:49 AM)Ray711 Wrote: [ -> ]And let's not forget that a capitalist system (a communist one, too) is a system too easily exploited by STS entities, one that they can easily use to their advantage for the enslaving of huge amounts of people. Simply put, if we incarnated for spiritual reasons, capitalism focuses on material gains and productivity. The dangers of communism are different, in that even when the system is working as intended, it forces compassion on people, rather than letting it flower naturally from within them.

Only from the imperfection of people, the one who enslaves and the one who allows himself to be enslaved, are they one, two parts of the same imperfection, and therefore suffer on equal terms.

Quote:Ra: I am Ra. This is correct and perceptive. You, as questioner, begin now to penetrate the outer teachings.

RA well understands the principle of dialectics, when the answer to the question forms the direction of movement / development of the respondent, so that he would ask the next question in the right direction.
(06-11-2020, 06:43 AM)Strannik Wrote: [ -> ]I just wanted to say that any movement of the system is a compromise or dictatorship, when many voices fall silent and everyone goes the same way

It's a way of looking at it, but I disagree with this perspective.

I'd like to use the analogy of the individual mind/body/spirit complex again, which can always be extrapolated to any societal groups or collective consciousness. Certain meditation teachings work with the concept of directing (rather than forcing) the attention towards the object of meditation. A beginner meditator is going to find that parts of their mind and body resist the notion of meditating. They will create conflict within the self. Many of these sub-parts of the self will continue for a very long time. In a very literal way, parts of the self want to meditate, whereas other parts of the self refuse to meditate. Hence the distractions, the mind wandering, the unpleasant body sensations, and sometimes even the appearance of involuntary body movements. The process is based on the notion that, by getting in touch with one's divine essence and beingness, these different parts of the self end up being "convinced" of the pleasantness and value of meditation, until eventually the entirety of the self becomes single-pointed, and meditation becomes blissful and effortless. It's never about forcing these "rebellious" parts of the self to meditate, as that will only lead to more violence from their part (if we suppress an avenue for them to express their dislike, they will simply find another). It's about allowing them to find, on their own, the value of that which we want to do, until they willingly start wishing to cooperate.

To connect this with another point you made, you're very much correct in that there is an enormous diversity of factors and voices (both internal and external) that direct our actions, and that the control we have over them is rather questionable. The undisciplined entity is certainly a slave to these factors. It hasn't begun to explore its free will yet. However, if you believe the stories of yogis spending years without ingesting food nor water, it becomes clear that we have enormous potential, and that we are not mere slaves to factors outside of our control. The basic choice of polarity that we are here to make in 3rd density is a very real one, and that's only the beginning towards exploring the infinite potential that, according to the Ra material, resides within us. As we've all read, it takes millions of years to fully manifest that potential, though, and in the mean time, more or less, we have to work with limitations, that's for sure.

(06-11-2020, 06:43 AM)Strannik Wrote: [ -> ]Only from the imperfection of people, the one who enslaves and the one who allows himself to be enslaved, are they one, two parts of the same imperfection, and therefore suffer on equal terms.

Is there a need for any system of governance whatsoever in a world where such "imperfections" don't exist in people, though? I would argue that there isn't. Any and all systems of governance exist for the sole purpose of protecting and controlling. The former won't come without a certain degree of the latter. This is the key difference between governments and my previous meditation analogy. Governments don't offer us a way of being that we can follow by example, they don't allow people to follow them (or not) on their own free will. They impose certain rules and conducts upon us, and they exert force upon us when we don't comply. This is a key difference between the negative and the positive polarities. The positive polarity offers its love and acceptance; it is patient and will be there offering what it has to offer, accepting any free will choices by the other entity, even if it's a rejection of the values of love. The negative polarity imposes itself, it calls itself to conquest, and will force the other entity to do what is considered to be the best way of doing things, all under the justification that it's "for their own good".

(06-11-2020, 06:43 AM)Strannik Wrote: [ -> ]RA well understands the principle of dialectics, when the answer to the question forms the direction of movement / development of the respondent, so that he would ask the next question in the right direction.

Very true.
(06-11-2020, 08:29 AM)Ray711 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to use the analogy of the individual mind/body/spirit complex again, which can always be extrapolated to any societal groups or collective consciousness. Certain meditation teachings work with the concept of directing (rather than forcing) the attention towards the object of meditation. A beginner meditator is going to find that parts of their mind and body resist the notion of meditating. They will create conflict within the self. Many of these sub-parts of the self will continue for a very long time. In a very literal way, parts of the self want to meditate, whereas other parts of the self refuse to meditate. Hence the distractions, the mind wandering, the unpleasant body sensations, and sometimes even the appearance of involuntary body movements. The process is based on the notion that, by getting in touch with one's divine essence and beingness, these different parts of the self end up being "convinced" of the pleasantness and value of meditation, until eventually the entirety of the self becomes single-pointed, and meditation becomes blissful and effortless. It's never about forcing these "rebellious" parts of the self to meditate, as that will only lead to more violence from their part (if we suppress an avenue for them to express their dislike, they will simply find another). It's about allowing them to find, on their own, the value of that which we want to do, until they willingly start wishing to cooperate.

I am borrowing this analogy for future use. I hope you don't mind. I think it is brilliant.

Back on topic. The issue I see is that people believe they are being forced in situations where they are actually making a choice. When I was a kid I never wanted to do my homework. I hated it in fact. So I didn't do it. I got in trouble, and got bad grades, and couldn't go outside for recess.

I eventually realized that I could do whatever I wanted, however I also had to accept the consequences of those actions. The same is true in society and work. I can goof off and not work all day when I am supposed to, and I will have to accept the consequence of not working, which is my employer replacing me with someone who will.

What happens is people think they should be able to do whatever they want, and not have any consequence. The consequence can be imposed by an authority like a boss, parent or teacher, or it can be a change in behavior of the people around you, such as becoming unaffiliated with you, or it can be natural. A natural consequence is best understood and the principle applies everywhere.

Behavior, jumping off a cliff, natural consequence, breaking your leg. When your leg gets broken you won't like it but you can't rationally blame the cliff, ground, or gravity. The same is true of the consequences of your other behaviors when interacting in groups or with individuals. I can cuss like a sailor and spit, and never wear deodorant, and when people decide they would rather not be in my company I would not have any real basis for complaint. Same goes for the workplace. I recently had to let a guy go because he was using drugs at work (construction). This put himself and others in danger. He refused help which we offer as part of the job as well. He might think that it was unfair but he chose to put himself and others in danger, and knew the outcome if it was discovered.

What is difficult to separate is when does imposed consequences from free will choices become dictatorship, and when does it become slavery? We accept the use of force for certain circumstances. If someone makes the free will decision to harm others, we accept that force can be used to stop them. In general an employer can never use force on an employee that is not doing as instructed. The worst they can do is end the relationship. IMO for something to be a dictatorship the use of force has to be present as a consequence for not doing whatever action is imposed. We accept a certain level of dictatorship then when it comes to enforcing laws which are supposed to be chosen by our representatives.
This is so wise Dtris, thank you.

It takes a while to analyze to which point consequences come mainly from our choices.

I was never bitter when young, but I thought life was unfair in many ways, towards me or others, and I would get some inside anger, till one day examining deeply these anger moments, I realized they were all related deeply towards myself, and this for having made the very initial choice to be in that given situation. Of course I was not born into slavery, but I am curious as still today my very very rare anger always resolves back to the self.

So this is why I relate so well to what Dtris says. I think it is very clear and profound, thank you again, Wink

on edit: it doesn't mean that I see life as 'fair' today, and that we shouldn't work on changes, but we all know here that life presents catalysts and this is in fact a gift. BigSmile
(06-11-2020, 10:24 AM)Dtris Wrote: [ -> ]I am borrowing this analogy for future use. I hope you don't mind. I think it is brilliant.

Thank you, I'm glad I managed to communicate something you felt was valuable. And of course, do with it as you desire!

I agree with the important points you've made on having freedom to choose, but then accepting the consequences that come our way as a result of our actions. However, I can't but wonder, at what point does that become a slippery slope? Our society operates under a lot of negatively influenced values and ideas, our system itself incites people to engage in somewhat negative behavior, and we most definitely have a profound and serious lack of insight into the importance of the ways of love.

Let's take the hypothetical case of a man who could have had a successful job but one he found no passion for, and instead chose a line of work he loves and is passionate about. However, he finds it unable to find his place in our capitalist system and becomes homeless. Did this person suffer the consequences of his own actions? Or did he suffer the consequences of the choices made by the collective consciousness over a long period of time? Consequences vary and depend so much on the time and the place, that this man's very same actions could be met in another planetary society with nothing but generosity, support and compassion from other people.

What to do, then? Suppress ourselves, fit in and comply with systems and values that we don't agree with, in order to not suffer certain negative consequences? Or be true to ourselves, despite what consequences the environment may throw at us?

I guess that in the end it all goes back to the making of choices, at every level. The individual man has a choice to make as to whether to sacrifice one thing or the other, and so does the collective, in regard to whether to remain static, or to change itself into something closer to the values of love.

I am on social media for business (FB and Pinterest), and you're right, I don't really like it. But I see the necessity. I have not gotten on Instagram yet but want to. Do you have an Instagram account (anyone who is selling on it) that you know of that I could look at?

I have a friend that sells crystals and stones on IG, I don't know what this forum's policies are on links though - but the store name is Blessed Bee, shouldn't be too hard to find. She seems to be doing ok with it, she quit her job and just does that full time now.
(06-11-2020, 12:22 PM)flofrog Wrote: [ -> ]This is so wise Dtris, thank you.

It takes a while to analyze to which point consequences come mainly from our choices.

I was never bitter when young, but I thought life was unfair in many ways, towards me or others, and I would get some inside anger, till one day examining deeply these anger moments, I realized they were all related deeply towards myself, and this for having made the very initial choice to be in that given situation. Of course I was not born into slavery, but I am curious as still today my very very rare anger always resolves back to the self.

So this is why I relate so well to what Dtris says. I think it is very clear and profound, thank you again, Wink

on edit: it doesn't mean that I see life as 'fair' today, and that we shouldn't work on changes, but we all know here that life presents catalysts and this is in fact a gift. BigSmile

Thank you for the kind words.

I personally find that way of thinking liberating. I think everyone believes we can be better and should make changes, we just sometimes disagree on the what and how.

(06-11-2020, 01:56 PM)Ray711 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with the important points you've made on having freedom to choose, but then accepting the consequences that come our way as a result of our actions. However, I can't but wonder, at what point does that become a slippery slope? Our society operates under a lot of negatively influenced values and ideas, our system itself incites people to engage in somewhat negative behavior, and we most definitely have a profound and serious lack of insight into the importance of the ways of love.

Let's take the hypothetical case of a man who could have had a successful job but one he found no passion for, and instead chose a line of work he loves and is passionate about. However, he finds it unable to find his place in our capitalist system and becomes homeless. Did this person suffer the consequences of his own actions? Or did he suffer the consequences of the choices made by the collective consciousness over a long period of time? Consequences vary and depend so much on the time and the place, that this man's very same actions could be met in another planetary society with nothing but generosity, support and compassion from other people.

What to do, then? Suppress ourselves, fit in and comply with systems and values that we don't agree with, in order to not suffer certain negative consequences? Or be true to ourselves, despite what consequences the environment may throw at us?

I guess that in the end it all goes back to the making of choices, at every level. The individual man has a choice to make as to whether to sacrifice one thing or the other, and so does the collective, in regard to whether to remain static, or to change itself into something closer to the values of love.

There is no black and white in this case. I think part of what draws people to the Law of One is the idea of being STO or STS and the binary nature. However the real world can't be easily split up like that. Whether something is STS or STO is more about how the individual interacts with a person/object/group/situation than anything else. Just as Flo said with anger it usually revolves back to the self.

In your hypothetical case, what seems to be most important to me is not that he gets to do what he enjoys and is passionate about, but that whatever he chooses he learns lessons which help him polarize and move toward love. Many men with bold ambitions in their youth gave them up to provide for an unexpected child. Also I am sure there is very profound lessons in pursuing something despite all the negative consequences. Many great historic artists and scientists were not recognized during their incarnations.

We do not have a perfect and loving system, but perhaps moving toward that and figuring that out is part of the lessons we need to eventually learn.
(06-11-2020, 02:13 PM)nacho Wrote: [ -> ]I have a friend that sells crystals and stones on IG, I don't know what this forum's policies are on links though - but the store name is Blessed Bee, shouldn't be too hard to find. She seems to be doing ok with it, she quit her job and just does that full time now.

Thank you. Looks like I've got some recconnaisance to do.  Smile
I imagine being a successful author as an inspiring way to become wealthy. It wouldn't be easy but just imagine how much more free time you'd have if you made several hundred thousand and didn't need to work for years. People wanting to buy your next book.

Minerals and crystals are great to invest in because instead of buying things like DVDs or clothes which have little resale value, minerals are more permanent and can store or gain value over time.
(06-11-2020, 08:09 PM)Navaratna Wrote: [ -> ]I imagine being a successful author as an inspiring way to become wealthy. It wouldn't be easy but just imagine how much more free time you'd have if you made several hundred thousand and didn't need to work for years. People wanting to buy your next book.

Minerals and crystals are great to invest in because instead of buying things like DVDs or clothes which have little resale value, minerals are more permanent and can store or gain value over time.

That applies to me as an author, though I have sold few copies. I have a list of 1300+ book bloggers that I'm paying someone to reach out to for me.
These blogs review books.
(06-11-2020, 08:12 PM)Great Central Sun Wrote: [ -> ]That applies to me as an author, though I have sold few copies. I have a list of 1300+ book bloggers that I'm paying someone to reach out to for me.

Sounds weird. Do you really pay for reviews of your book to sell more copies? It's kind of fake. It would be strange to hear from Ra an offer to advertise the Law of One in the same way.
(06-12-2020, 12:49 AM)Strannik Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2020, 08:12 PM)Great Central Sun Wrote: [ -> ]That applies to me as an author, though I have sold few copies. I have a list of 1300+ book bloggers that I'm paying someone to reach out to for me.

Sounds weird. Do you really pay for reviews of your book to sell more copies? It's kind of fake. It would be strange to hear from Ra an offer to advertise the Law of One in the same way.

No, the bloggers do it for free in exchange for a copy of the book.
I have to pay someone hourly for their time to reach out to these bloggers because I simply don't have the inclination to do it myself.
My time is more important than money.
(06-11-2020, 01:56 PM)Ray711 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2020, 10:24 AM)Dtris Wrote: [ -> ]I am borrowing this analogy for future use. I hope you don't mind. I think it is brilliant.

Thank you, I'm glad I managed to communicate something you felt was valuable. And of course, do with it as you desire!

I agree with the important points you've made on having freedom to choose, but then accepting the consequences that come our way as a result of our actions. However, I can't but wonder, at what point does that become a slippery slope? Our society operates under a lot of negatively influenced values and ideas, our system itself incites people to engage in somewhat negative behavior, and we most definitely have a profound and serious lack of insight into the importance of the ways of love.

In my experience, our (conscious and, especially, unconscious/energetic) beliefs create our experience, not the other way around. So, it's possible to do what one feels called to and enjoys doing AND not become homeless. If one can transform the beliefs preventing that experience to emerge.
Pages: 1 2