Bring4th

Full Version: exercise of the wind
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Many exercises in "the Law of One ", have no descriptions, for example, when I read about "exercise of the wind", it seems like I already should saw this description before, but I don't see it. Many exercises or rituals in the books have no descriptions. Why?

First time when I read about "exercise of the wind", RA tell that already told about it.
[Book 1 / 6]
"Ra: I am Ra. You will remember the exercise of the wind. The dissolution into nothingness is the dissolution into unity, for there is no nothingness.
From the sixth dimension, we are capable of manipulating, by thought, the intelligent infinity present in each particle of light or distorted light so that we were able to clothe ourselves in a replica visible in the third density of our mind/body/spirit complexes in the sixth density. We were allowed this experiment by the Council which guards this planet."

Have you description for "exercise of the wind"?
I suppose is that:

Quote:The third area is the spiritual complex which embodies the fields of force and consciousness which are the least distorted of your mind/body/spirit complex. The exploration and balancing of the spirit complex is indeed the longest and most subtle part of your learn/teaching. We have considered the mind as a tree. The mind controls the body. With the mind single-pointed, balanced, and aware, the body comfortable in whatever biases and distortions make it appropriately balanced for that instrument, the instrument is then ready to proceed with the great work.

That is the work of wind and fire. The spiritual body energy field is a pathway, or channel. When body and mind are receptive and open, then the spirit can become a functioning shuttle, or communicator, from the entity’s individual energy of will upwards and from the streamings of the creative fire and wind downwards.

The healing ability, like all other, what this instrument would call paranormal abilities, is effected by the opening of a pathway, or shuttle, into intelligent infinity. There are many upon your plane who have a random hole or gateway in their spirit energy field, sometimes created by the ingestion of chemicals such as, what this instrument would call LSD, who are able, randomly and without control, to tap into energy sources. They may or may not be entities who wish to serve. The purpose of carefully and consciously opening this channel is to serve in a more dependable way, in a more commonplace or usual way, as seen by the distortion complex of the healer. To others there may appear to be miracles. To the one who has carefully opened the door to intelligent infinity this is ordinary; this is commonplace; this is as it should be. The SESSION 6 55 life experience becomes somewhat transformed and the great work goes on.

At this time we feel these exercises suffice for your beginning. We will, at a future time, when you feel you have accomplished that which is set before you, begin to guide you into a more precise understanding of the functions and uses of this gateway in the experience of healing.
(4.1)
(06-12-2020, 09:26 AM)Infinite Wrote: [ -> ]That is the work of wind and fire. The spiritual body energy field is a pathway, or channel. When body and mind are receptive and open, then the spirit can become a functioning shuttle, or communicator, from the entity’s individual energy of will upwards and from the streamings of the creative fire and wind downwards.
(4.1)

Do you mean just meditation and visualization?
(06-12-2020, 11:19 AM)Strannik Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean just meditation and visualization?

To be honest, this is one of LOO's weaknesses. Ra did not pass clear exercises, but only recommendations. I suppose it had to do with the Law of Confusion. In this third area of the spiritual complex, they didn't even say anything close to what to do. It was a very general description. I wouldn't even call it "exercise".

The value that I see in these exercises passed by Ra, is that we try to create something from these statements. It is somewhat common in this area of the occult to create exercises and practices.
(06-12-2020, 09:26 AM)Infinite Wrote: [ -> ]I suppose is that:

Quote:The third area is the spiritual complex which embodies the fields of force and consciousness which are the least distorted of your mind/body/spirit complex. The exploration and balancing of the spirit complex is indeed the longest and most subtle part of your learn/teaching. We have considered the mind as a tree. The mind controls the body. With the mind single-pointed, balanced, and aware, the body comfortable in whatever biases and distortions make it appropriately balanced for that instrument, the instrument is then ready to proceed with the great work.

That is the work of wind and fire. The spiritual body energy field is a pathway, or channel. When body and mind are receptive and open, then the spirit can become a functioning shuttle, or communicator, from the entity’s individual energy of will upwards and from the streamings of the creative fire and wind downwards.
(4.1)

This is so funny Infinite, I have taken to re-reading the Ra contact in the new edition, and last night waking up around 3:30 am, as usual lit my small light and read from where I was in the Ra contact, and read that exact passage and felt it was so great, and now you are posting this quote... lol Wink
(06-12-2020, 08:56 AM)Strannik Wrote: [ -> ]Many exercises in "the Law of One ", have no descriptions, for example, when I read about "exercise of the wind", it seems like I already should saw this description before, but I don't see it. Many exercises or rituals in the books have no descriptions. Why?

First time when I read about "exercise of the wind", Ra tell that already told about it.
[Book 1 / 6]
"Ra: I am Ra. You will remember the exercise of the wind. The dissolution into nothingness is the dissolution into unity, for there is no nothingness.
From the sixth dimension, we are capable of manipulating, by thought, the intelligent infinity present in each particle of light or distorted light so that we were able to clothe ourselves in a replica visible in the third density of our mind/body/spirit complexes in the sixth density. We were allowed this experiment by the Council which guards this planet."

Have you description for "exercise of the wind"?

Helpful Advice
“Always begin and end in the Creator, not in technique” (52.11).

The thing about Non-Duality is that there's no way to "Have" a non-dual experience, because that assumes duality.
(06-12-2020, 11:47 AM)Infinite Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-12-2020, 11:19 AM)Strannik Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean just meditation and visualization?

To be honest, this is one of LOO's weaknesses. Ra did not pass clear exercises, but only recommendations. I suppose it had to do with the Law of Confusion. In this third area of the spiritual complex, they didn't even say anything close to what to do. It was a very general description. I wouldn't even call it "exercise".

The value that I see in these exercises passed by Ra, is that we try to create something from these statements. It is somewhat common in this area of the occult to create exercises and practices.

Thank you for you answer. Have you any ideas about "great cross of life"? Maybe it is Egipte Ankh? And color of symbol I think important too.

Quote:Ra: I am Ra. There are two concepts with which you deal. The first is the great way of the development of the light in the microcosmic mind/body/spirit. It is assumed that an adept will have its energy centers functioning smoothly and in a balanced manner to its best effort before a magical working. All magical workings are based upon evocation and/or invocation.
The first invocation of any magical working is that invocation of the magical personality as you are familiar with this term. In the working of which you speak the first station is the beginning of the invocation of this magical personality which is invoked by the motion of putting on something. Since you do not have an item of apparel or talisman the gesture which you have made is appropriate.
The second station is the evocation of the great cross of life. This is an extension of the magical personality to become the Creator. Again, all invocations and evocations are drawn through the violet energy center. This may then be continued towards whatever energy centers are desired to be used.
I think Ankh is the rightful answer
(06-12-2020, 10:33 PM)Strannik Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for you answer. Have you any ideas about "great cross of life"? Maybe it is Egipte Ankh? And color of symbol I think important too.

Well, until now I just knew it was the same as Ankh. But researching the material, Ra called it of crux ansata (another name given to this symbol). Taking Ra's response into account, it seems to me that invoking that cross would be something like invoking the spirit:

Quote:We may indicate that the crux ansata is a part of the concept complexes of the archetypical mind: the circle indicating the magic of the spirit; the cross indicating that nature of manifestation which may only be valued by the losing. Thus the crux ansata is intended to be seen as an image of the eternal in and through manifestation, and beyond manifestation, through the sacrifice and transformation of that which is manifest.
(93.24)

Anyway, it's just something that crossed my mind at the moment.
Quote:Ra: I am Ra. There are two concepts with which you deal. The first is the great way of the development of the light in the microcosmic mind/body/spirit. It is assumed that an adept will have its energy centers functioning smoothly and in a balanced manner to its best effort before a magical working. All magical workings are based upon evocation and/or invocation.
The first invocation of any magical working is that invocation of the magical personality as you are familiar with this term. In the working of which you speak the first station is the beginning of the invocation of this magical personality which is invoked by the motion of putting on something. Since you do not have an item of apparel or talisman the gesture which you have made is appropriate.
The second station is the evocation of the great cross of life. This is an extension of the magical personality to become the Creator. Again, all invocations and evocations are drawn through the violet energy center. This may then be continued towards whatever energy centers are desired to be used.

This particular passage is dealing specifically with the tradition which Don was practicing of the Golden Dawn system and the short invocation known as the Qabbalistic Cross. This invocation is done at the start and end of every ritual and is the beginning and end of the lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram which is mentioned in the material elsewhere.

The gesture of "putting on something" is the hand reaching up to the sky sword fingers pointing upward and drawing the hand down to the forehead while vibrating the word ATOH, which is hebrew for "thou art".

You then perform the gesture of the catholic cross while saying and imaging lights at specific sephirah and vibrating the rest of the words; ATOH, MAKUTH, VE_GEDULAH, VE_GEVURAH, LE-OLAM, AMEN (Thou art the kingdom, the power, the glory, forever Amen). When making the gestures and vibrating the final two words you imagine a bright cross within the body, the vertical line from just above the head to just below the feet, and the horizontal line from just outside the body thru the shoulders.

The great cross of life refers to this cross imagined during the ritual, which is most similar to the Cavalry Cross.
(06-13-2020, 12:08 PM)Dtris Wrote: [ -> ]

This particular passage is dealing specifically with the tradition which Don was practicing of the Golden Dawn system and the short invocation known as the Qabbalistic Cross. This invocation is done at the start and end of every ritual and is the beginning and end of the lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram which is mentioned in the material elsewhere.

The gesture of "putting on something" is the hand reaching up to the sky sword fingers pointing upward and drawing the hand down to the forehead while vibrating the word ATOH, which is hebrew for "thou art".

You then perform the gesture of the catholic cross while saying and imaging lights at specific sephirah and vibrating the rest of the words; ATOH, MAKUTH, VE_GEDULAH, VE_GEVURAH, LE-OLAM, AMEN (Thou art the kingdom, the power, the glory, forever Amen). When making the gestures and vibrating the final two words you imagine a bright cross within the body, the vertical line from just above the head to just below the feet, and the horizontal line from just outside the body thru the shoulders.

The great cross of life refers to this cross imagined during the ritual, which is most similar to the Cavalry Cross.

Your description is very detailed. Thank you!
(06-13-2020, 12:08 PM)Dtris Wrote: [ -> ]This particular passage is dealing specifically with the tradition which Don was practicing of the Golden Dawn system and the short invocation known as the Qabbalistic Cross. This invocation is done at the start and end of every ritual and is the beginning and end of the lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram which is mentioned in the material elsewhere.

It's a possibility. However, Ra seems to describe magic outside of any tradition. In a "universal" way I would say. The phrase "All magical workings" seems to indicate that it is not something particular or exclusive to Golden Dawn. But I don't discard your assumption.
Ra said that magic is using the subconscious consciously.
(06-13-2020, 03:17 PM)Infinite Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-13-2020, 12:08 PM)Dtris Wrote: [ -> ]This particular passage is dealing specifically with the tradition which Don was practicing of the Golden Dawn system and the short invocation known as the Qabbalistic Cross...

It's a possibility. However, Ra seems to describe magic outside of any tradition. In a "universal" way I would say. The phrase "All magical workings" seems to indicate that it is not something particular or exclusive to Golden Dawn. But I don't discard your assumption.

You are correct that Ra likes to talk of universal applications. Which Ra does in this answer by explaining what is being done in a way that can be applied to any similar ritual. In this case the context of the questioning is about the specific exercise and a misconception Don had regarding it and previous material from Ra.

Quote:73.5 Questioner: I will undoubtedly make many errors in my statements today because what I am going to do is try to guess at how this works and let you correct me.

In considering the exercise of the Middle Pillar I have thought it to be wrong in that the adept sees or visualizes light moving downward from the crown chakra down to the feet. Ra has stated that the Creator enters from the feet and moves upward, and that this spiraling light enters from the feet and moves upward. It seems to me that an adept alerting light strength, in visualizing the use of this, would visualize it entering in the direction of the feet and energizing first, the red energy center and moving upward through the energy centers in that fashion. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. No.

73.6 Questioner: Could you tell me how I am wrong in that statement?

Ra: I am Ra. Yes.

73.7 Questioner: Would you please do that?

Ra: I am Ra. There are two concepts with which you deal. The first is the great way of the development of the light in the microcosmic mind/body/spirit. It is assumed that an adept will have its energy centers functioning smoothly and in a balanced manner to its best effort before a magical working. All magical workings are based upon evocation and/or invocation.

Seen in the greater context this makes it clear which cross was being evoked, which is what I was trying to answer. Although you are certainly correct that Ra's answer has more universal applicability.

If anyone is interested Israel Regardie has a book titled The Middle Pillar and the whole 120 or so pages is devoted to this single exercise. There is a longer book with notes by the Cicero's which is more easily acquired now as well, iirc.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/83387030577038883/
This is how Sahaja Yoga uses the 4 elements, ether, and saltwater to cleanse the chakras

I remember seeing some similar images saying for wind to go to a vast area like some sea cliffs and just taking in all the wind energy
(06-14-2020, 07:51 PM)Navaratna Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.pinterest.com/pin/83387030577038883/
This is how Sahaja Yoga uses the 4 elements, ether, and saltwater to cleanse the chakras

I remember seeing some similar images saying for wind to go to a vast area like some sea cliffs and just taking in all the wind energy

When I go through an intense shift, we usually get a storm here.
We had storms 5 days in a row once, not too long ago.
I think it was unusual that recently I was thinking of the Washington monument and reading about how the cap is made of copper [electrical conductor] because I was reading about pyramids lately then like a day later it got struck with lightning and injured some national guardsmen

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lightning-n...ington-dc/
(06-12-2020, 10:33 PM)Strannik Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for you answer. Have you any ideas about "great cross of life"? Maybe it is Egipte Ankh? And color of symbol I think important too.

Я согласна с Dtris, речь идет именно о так называемом Каббалистическом Кресте. Более подробную информацию можно найти в разных книгах авторов, пишущих в ключе Западной Мистериальной (Эзотерической) Традиции. В книге "Распятие Эсмеральды Свитуотер" хорошо просматривается интерес к церемониальной магии.

(I agree with Dtris, we are talking about the so-called Kabbalistic Cross. More detailed information can be found in various books by authors who write in the key of the Western Mystery (Esoteric) Tradition. The Crucifixion of Esmerelda Sweetwater clearly shows an interest in ceremonial magic.
(06-15-2020, 07:02 AM)Vasilisa Wrote: [ -> ]Я согласна с Dtris, речь идет именно о так называемом Каббалистическом Кресте. Более подробную информацию можно найти в разных книгах авторов, пишущих в ключе Западной Мистериальной (Эзотерической) Традиции. В книге "Распятие Эсмеральды Свитуотер" хорошо просматривается интерес к церемониальной магии.

Моё предположение было построено на том что РА контактировал с Египтом и его идеи нашли отражение в Египетской религии. Но сейчас я вижу что РА не предлагает не каких движений руками, он просто говорит о том что те движения что делает задающий вопросы приемлимы, так что это действительно может быть Каббалистический Крест, как начало магической операции.

(My assumption was based on the fact that the Ra was in contact with Egypt and his ideas were reflected in the Egyptian religion. But now I see that the Ra does not offer any hand movements, it just says that those movements that the questioner makes are acceptable, so it really can be the Kabbalistic Cross, as the beginning of a magical operation. )
(06-15-2020, 07:38 AM)Strannik Wrote: [ -> ]Моё предположение было построено на том что РА контактировал с Египтом и его идеи нашли отражение в Египетской религии. Но сейчас я вижу что РА не предлагает не каких движений руками, он просто говорит о том что те движения что делает задающий вопросы приемлимы, так что это действительно может быть Каббалистический Крест, как начало магической операции.

Не просто начало магической операции а "...The second station is the evocation of the great cross of life. This is an extension of the magical personality to become the Creator." Что касается элементов в упражнении Срединного Столпа, то они располагаются в определенном порядке, сверху вниз - эфир, воздух, огонь, вода, земля. Каждый элемент связывается с Именем Бога.
Движение руками в Каббалистическом Кресте имеет значение, так как указывает на вертикальное и горизонтальное "движение" любви и света Творца.

(Not just the beginning of magic operation a."..The second station is the evocation of the great cross of life. This is an extension of the magical personality to become the Creator." As for the elements, in the Middle Pillar exercise, the elements are arranged in a certain order, from top to bottom-ether, air, fire, water, earth. Each element is associated with the name of the God.)
I think people often overlook how Egyptian society existed for so long that there were many different religions and sects, along with foreign enclaves. Trying to summarize Egyptian religion in one book would be like someone in the future describing all of Christianity in America in a 200 page book when think of how many different sects and adherents there are spread across oceans belonging to different churches. The Jews and all the stories of Moses show a tie-in with the culture. There's also Greco-Egyptian exchanges and many Egyptian gods were predated by Sumerian ones. The Greek witch goddess Hecate and Egyptian Heka magic are a good example of this.

Ankh, Mehen, ouroboros, eye of horus and Ra, and Djed are all meaningful symbols and relate to the kundalini [djed spine] and third eye because the loop in the ankh symbolizes the space between the -eyes- [arms of the cross]

The story of Apep and Ra may have originally just been a different version of the legends surrounding the protective power of Mehen [coiled serpent] but nowadays you'll just see interpretations describing Apep as evil when I think it's far removed of it's original context of being two parallel forces like underworld Earth and celestial Sky rather than good versus evil.
Is Ra really good? Cause they're portrayed as evil in every movie I've seen.
(06-15-2020, 07:08 PM)Great Central Sun Wrote: [ -> ]Is Ra really good? Cause they're portrayed as evil in every movie I've seen.

Leviathan is portrayed as a sea monster when the name leviathan comes from Lotan, which means the coiled one.

you mean that 7 headed coiled sea dragon? Hmm where have I heard of this 7 headed coiled serpent for some reason it sounds so familiar.

People distort legends and have made many of our spiritual symbols in to demons and monsters. Christians love demonizing the serpent so you pray before a priest.
(06-15-2020, 08:00 PM)Navaratna Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-15-2020, 07:08 PM)Great Central Sun Wrote: [ -> ]Is Ra really good? Cause they're portrayed as evil in every movie I've seen.

Leviathan is portrayed as a sea monster when the name leviathan comes from Lotan, which means the coiled one.

you mean that 7 headed coiled sea dragon? Hmm where have I heard of this 7 headed coiled serpent for some reason it sounds so familiar.

People distort legends and have made many of our spiritual symbols in to demons and monsters. Christians love demonizing the serpent so you pray before a priest.

No, the god Ra.

Like this:

Evil is the servant of good. Its destiny to rule ignorance, and to be silent in the light of Truth, its kindness. The sad share of those who chose the path of serving evil, they wander in darkness, eternal pain and despair from their powerlessness in the face of the true, becoming a pedestal under the feet of the winner.