Bring4th

Full Version: i dont want to be part of this stupid hierarchy anymore. i need help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i dont want to be treated like garbage by my superiors. at the start of this year me and my coworker were not particuarly liked by our common superior. now i didnt care about that but my coworker did. he really started kissing his ass not just whenever he could but he actively looked for opportunities. it was the most disgusting and vile thing i have ever seen. i mean i have seen it happen so often but really how can people live with themselves? i mean dont they have any sense of dignity? then i started to realize that this is STS. people kissing the asses of their superiors until they can eventually replace and beat them and rise in the hierarchy.
obviously i dont do brown nosing so i am f***** and why the hell would i let myself be treated like that????
i mean sure i will lose the job experience and will have to find a new one which is not so easy especially these days. its going to be hard but i hope eventually ill be able to find a suitable way out of this crap.
maybe it will be new crap but it takes time to get used to new crap and ill just keep going, ill find new one and so on. i wont let myself be treated like im nothing. i am a human being and i deserve respect just like every one else. i mean i have spent years like this. i never gave in and i never will but seeing people just doing whatever their bosses wanted them to. i mean how can these people live with themselves.
there is a really good article about these conditions in workplaces and i highly highly recommend everyone to read it. it is superb.

https://in2worlds.net/conspiracies-in-th...rld-matrix

after reading this article it will be very easy to understand how this is all intentional and earth is a farm. i believe it is only a matter of time until we can overturn it. i mean the communities are already forming and im really hoping to be able to join unfourtnately i have trouble finding them. maybe someone here can help.

it is not just the metaphysical level that they are attacking us , its in our every day life where they hit us the hardest. the part most people overlook and shrug off as "normal".
what is your life outside of work like?
(06-30-2020, 10:58 AM)sillypumpkins Wrote: [ -> ]what is your life outside of work like?
well it sucks too Huh but relatively speaking its ok. if you know what i mean. physically ok but mentally and emotionally a total mess
This is one of the reasons people start their own businesses and work for themselves. If you don't like that atmosphere, then you can find some place better, or you can make some place better. Good luck.
I used to have colleagues who treated me bad and what you know these colleagues were friends with the boss.
They would hang out together after work. And during work while I'm slaving away these colleagues would watch funny videos with boss and talk about x-men and comics and get paid the same rate.

These colleagues would always come to work late, and the boss would just laugh at it. And when I arrive at meetings late I get the evil stare.

You know, I was pissed off for the first few years. Then I realized, why should I let them determine how I feel? I mean, if I end up leaving the job and going to another place to work I'll probably encounter the same type of people and I'll get upset again. And starting my own business would be just an escape from it all.

So I used my workplace as an opportunity to develop greater compassion towards myself and others. And ever since I've been happy at work. Occasionally I'd get other bosses giving me crap but then I see that as another opportunity for me to refine that love. In looking back I think these experiences are valuable if you want to use them to better yourself

What you'll find is that people will always respect you the way you respect them and vice versa. It's reciprocal. Perhaps you don't respect the way they do things, and that's why you are receiving the disrespect. It worked like that for me so you can look into that.
(06-30-2020, 03:02 PM)Dtris Wrote: [ -> ]This is one of the reasons people start their own businesses and work for themselves. If you don't like that atmosphere, then you can find some place better, or you can make some place better. Good luck.

I have experience working for myself and will share a bit about it.

I started freelancing at a young age. I never fit well into "regular" jobs—for various reasons. A friend asked me to finish a freelance job for her and I never went back to being an employee.

As a freelancer I still had to deal with people's follies and distortions—they don't magically disappear as you still interact with people—but when I was "at work" which was a room in my house, I did things my way.

I have two businesses right now in different stages of start-up. I have found that working for yourself in today's world is far more difficult than it used to be. But that doesn't mean it can't be done; and going back to work for someone else just isn't an option (unless it was absolutely necessary).

It takes a certain kind of personality to work for yourself. You have to be self-motivated for one thing. I also think you need to do your very best with every job, no matter what you are getting paid—it could be a favor for a friend or a high-paying client—you build a reputation and intention that represents who you are, in addition to being of the best service.

It helps to be doing something you like to do. When I first started out I was an advertising illustrator. I loved the super-realistic airbrush style that was popular at the time. So at my first opportunity I took a job that required airbrushing. I didn't even have an airbrush (this was in the 80s and before desktop computers and Photoshop); so I bought one and some cans of air (which cost me more than the job paid). But it kicked off a very successful career. 

I feel really lucky to have been young and freelancing in that time. I've moved on to other things, since aggregate companies online have been offering global services at really low prices for some years for what I used to do. There are some legitimate aggregate online companies like Upwork, where you can charge decent fees, as opposed to Fivver where everything is dirt cheap, but I'm not sure what percentage of the fees the actual freelancers get. 

I sure miss the days when I actually used to go see a client and have a meeting in person. Tongue That was fun. But I have also worked with publishers over the years, and never met the editors, though we formed good relationships long distance. And I have worked with other businesses, and even China manufacturers (I'm in the US) as a designer through emails alone, and that worked fine as well.

When working for yourself, another good quality is to be proactive. No one else is going to fix things for you—you have to do it yourself. So jumping over all the brick walls is what must be done. But when you do it, no matter how hard it is, it feels good when you accomplish your goals.

Smile
Yes, in Upwork you can find contracts in many fields, slowly build a reputation. And at one point habitual clients will start asking for permanent arrangements. That is generally the time people leave Upwork and start working with permanent clients.