Bring4th

Full Version: Sci-Fi and awareness of Infinite Possibility
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings all,

For me, an awareness of Infinite Possibility came initially from consuming so much Sci-Fi on TV and Film. I have seen a few UFOs, but it was Sci-Fi that opened my Mind wide-open as regards our existence in a Universe of Infinite Possibility.

Later on in my life, taking powerful Mind-Altering-Substances reinforced this perception / belief that we live in a Universe of IP, but it would be irresponsible and against the forum rules to suggest to any-one here that they expand their Mind / perception by getting leathered.

Has anyone else here found Sci-Fi, fundamental or even useful in their perception of Universal Infinite Possibility?

Cheers 

Jim   

Opened up to Intelligent Infinity on my own. So pretty connected.
Although I still experience limitation.
But not too many frustrations. I experience Heaven on Earth.
I see movies that are like in pocket realities that hardly anyone else knows about.
Or I see a different and better "version" of a movie than someone else.
Some movies seem like they were made just for me.
(07-20-2020, 11:39 AM)Jim Kent + Wrote: [ -> ]For me, an awareness of Infinite Possibility came initially from consuming so much Sci-Fi on TV and Film. I have seen a few UFOs, but it was Sci-Fi that opened my Mind wide-open as regards our existence in a Universe of Infinite Possibility.

I've been a "weird" dreamer as far back as I know. Sci-fi entered greatly into that in my teens. Actually, it may have contributed to my great disappointment in humanity, in comparing what can be in the abstract to what's on Earth and in human life. A vague sense of possibilities goes back earlier, in a looser and more plain fantasy-oriented way.

I lack a way to intellectually categorize infinite potential, so I can't really tell where/how it enters. But I've taken a particular liking to some larger dramas, spanning millennia and the rise and fall of civilizations, or time and dimensional travel and alteration, or other things - including types of mind and being - far from the little world of our current human civilization.

Among what's closest to my heart are some sci-fi worlds connected to 16-bit era video games. I've found that few who play them think all that deeply about such contents, missing most of them - perhaps not able to filter it out the way some "fans" go on to do.

Actually, as a main example, there's my thread about Phantasy Star, a very well-known series of Sega games originally from 1987-1993. The inhabitants of Algol face the question of whether their heritage is the stars, or whether it is guns, security robots, prison satellites, and exploding planets. An otherworldly demonic force spreads seeds of destruction every one thousand years, leaving it up to a small group to defeat it and its representatives and protect the life of the solar system.

Then there's the time-travel dramas. For something small, there's Ecco: The Tides of Time (1994), in which a time-traveling dolphin seeks to save the oceans of Earth from assimilation by a high-technological alien hive looking for a food source. Two drastically different futures come into being, and the dolphin is told that he is the stone that split the tide of time. Ultimately, the world will either be a place in which the oceans have connected into a self-aware whole, or a dead mechanical world from which drones are sent elsewhere amidst the manipulation of gravity.

Much more mentally provoking, though without providing a metaphor of such clarity, is Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross. The first story revolves around a journey through times, including a long-gone advanced civilization, in order to avert a future fiery end for life on Earth. The ultimate foe is a planetary parasite which in part moves through time perpendicularly to the usual direction. The sequel takes place in a new present, following a "time crash" engineered by a temporally displaced researcher striving to prevent a new other-dimensional threat from undoing creation by swallowing up more and more timelines into non-manifest "darkness".

Well, that's mostly not about infinite potentials, but rather about the dramas I would later hear about again in somewhat different form in channeled material. The stories I mentioned above contain the gist of all the messages about the Orion empire vs. people on Earth. And from comparing some things, I'm convinced that "the Cassiopaeans" did not only borrow stuff from Ra, but also from Phantasy Star. PS II, which I got acquainted with first, paints a picture of life under a "great" new order which is secretly a means of enslavement brought by conquerors from elsewhere.

(07-20-2020, 11:39 AM)Jim Kent + Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone else here found Sci-Fi, fundamental or even useful in their perception of Universal Infinite Possibility?

Moving towards infinite potentials, I found mostly insight from sci-fi about the limitations of human culture and mentalities. Everything looks absurd when compared to a clean abstract view, without social norms and cultural expectations added to it. All the cares and concerns of humanity look small, each cultural system a little prison by and for people who cherish it, unable or unwilling to zoom out and look at something a bit bigger.

People of one generation "mindlessly" program those of newer generations with the stuff which runs in their minds while they value it as their selves. Programmed people program people, millennium after millennium. For the most part, that's the heart and mind of culture. Most people are willing to value almost anything as part of their identity simply because the circumstances pushed that into their personal programming.

There's no difference between those on top of an empire and those at the bottom, in such terms; the ruler is stuck in a prison of valuing, where the walls are built out of the directing-of-perceived-meaning towards things with no meaning in themselves, and narrow patterns thereof. An infinite potential of larger mind is separated from consciousness by clinging to social attitudes - any - regardless of their roles in the culture.

But clearer ideas of types of mind which transcend the human have developed in contemplating channeled and other esoteric material. Having concepts closer to sci-fi makes it easier to find possible larger meaning to the ideas of higher densities, more generally...

4D mind as something which, potentially, can track and calculate enough at once, that there's no need for probabilistic explanations - the specific outcome can be tracked, or even brought about. 5D minds as larger pattern-processing entities which can scan and potentially rewrite the symbolic canvas of how details are laid out in our world. 6D mind as a curiously inside-out being, formlessly united with the information structure of the cosmos, personality emerging "outside" that unity as part of each interaction with lower-density entities.
(07-20-2020, 04:52 PM)Asolsutsesvyl Wrote: [ -> ]For something small, there's Ecco: The Tides of Time (1994), in which a time-traveling dolphin seeks to save the oceans of Earth from assimilation by a high-technological alien hive looking for a food source. Two drastically different futures come into being, and the dolphin is told that he is the stone that split the tide of time. Ultimately, the world will either be a place in which the oceans have connected into a self-aware whole, or a dead mechanical world from which drones are sent elsewhere amidst the manipulation of gravity.

You rang?

It's (obviously) not anywhere in the official materials concerning that game, but it's very clearly influenced by the work of Dr. John C. Lilly, human-cetacean communication pioneer and inventor of the solitude-isolation-confinement float tank. The plot you describe maps pretty directly onto Lilly's accounts of various cosmic informational networks, in particular his accounts in The Scientist of alternatives offered by water-based life elsewhere in the cosmos as well as the Solid-State Entity that his tank and chemical experiences suggested was programming human society toward the goal of constructing a global computer network which would become an SSE in its own right and would dry up and sterilize the Earth in order to use it as an interstellar vehicle to search for others of its kind. I've wondered whether there might be a connection between the SSE and the info that's been circulating online regarding all this Saturn/Black Cube symbolism.

There's also his ideas about the Earth Coincidence Control Office, which is a belief system which I myself have found to be quite compelling through direct experience.

Talking about actual science fiction rather than our science-fiction reality, I'll throw Kim Stanley Robinson's hat into the ring despite the fact that his main claim to fame is incredibly grounded hard SF. For me at least, I prefer his feet-on-the-ground approach to SF and (paradoxically) his lack of outright acknowledgement/incorporation of energetic or non-ordinary aspects of reality; it makes his work all the more effective at pointing to the limits of what we have known in a scientific/scientistic sense. Reading Red Mars and then the rest of the Mars Trilogy and then more of his work late in high school was very formative for me.

Of relevance to this forum in particular, there are threads of a trans-scientific paradigm throughout the Mars Trilogy - key would be the idea of viriditas as a life-essence which human beings bring to Mars in both the nuts and bolts of terraforming/ecopoiesis and in the development of a uniquely Martian spirituality. There's also a lovely little section in which one of the main characters, John Boone, stays briefly with a caravan of Sufi scientists and they shape his ideas about what a new Martian society should be like. Further down the line in the Trilogy, as Mars grows more of a human-survivable ecosystem, the characters encounter stuff like new hunter-gatherer societies who live in constant migration over the surface of Mars. All in all, it resonates very much with Terence McKenna's thoughts on the archaic revival (bringing us back to our particular science-fiction reality).
I didn't know this at the time, I just thought Stargate SG 1 was campy and funny, and Babylon 5 was a master piece. Now I realize that what I was honing on it was the "soft disclosure" that somehow leaked through these programs. B5's author was essentially channeling this info as a creative act, siimliar to David Weber.

This information comes from David Wilcock's sources, but it does explain why I find certain sci fi topics interesting and others boring. For example, space is boring. ET politics and conflicts, not boring.
(07-20-2020, 11:39 AM)Jim Kent + Wrote: [ -> ]Later on in my life, taking powerful Mind-Altering-Substances reinforced this perception / belief that we live in a Universe of IP, but it would be irresponsible and against the forum rules to suggest to any-one here that they expand their Mind / perception by getting leathered.

I would agree that it wouldn't be good general advice. I think hallucenogenics are best used by someone who needs a really big kick out of ingrained and limiting belief systems, rather than someone who is already seeking higher consciousness. They can be destructive to the body.

(07-20-2020, 11:39 AM)Jim Kent + Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone else here found Sci-Fi, fundamental or even useful in their perception of Universal Infinite Possibility?

I was already interested in consciousness and possibilities, so I was sometimes drawn to science fiction. But mostly it drew me to quantum physics, and the implications from observations of the atomic realm. Smile

I will say however, that if I want to jump into a world of crazy possibilities and lighten my mindset, I read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It just makes everything seem like so much fun, rather than the serious conditions here on Earth at this time.
(07-20-2020, 11:39 AM)Jim Kent + Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings all,.

Has anyone else here found Sci-Fi, fundamental or even useful in their perception of Universal Infinite Possibility?

Cheers 

Jim   

For some reason I was never attracted to sci-fi perhaps because I found so much attractive what was already going on Earth.. BigSmile. But then I started reading the Martian Chronicles, totally fell in love with Ray Bradbury and read everything he wrote, but because I am a very limited being, I never read anything else, lol. Wink. The poetry and images of the Chronicles are like printed in my body...
(09-24-2020, 12:36 PM)flofrog Wrote: [ -> ]

Cheers 

Jim   

For some reason I was never attracted to sci-fi perhaps because I found so much attractive what was already going on Earth.. BigSmile. But then I started reading the Martian Chronicles, totally fell in love with Ray Bradbury and read everything he wrote,  but because I am a very limited being, I never read anything else, lol. Wink.   The poetry and images  of the Chronicles are like printed in my body...

Maybe you'd like to read The Martian.  It's witty and funny. Smile
Flo, are you remembering mars when it held life?
(09-24-2020, 12:45 PM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2020, 12:36 PM)flofrog Wrote: [ -> ]

Cheers 

Jim   

For some reason I was never attracted to sci-fi perhaps because I found so much attractive what was already going on Earth.. BigSmile. But then I started reading the Martian Chronicles, totally fell in love with Ray Bradbury and read everything he wrote,  but because I am a very limited being, I never read anything else, lol. Wink.   The poetry and images  of the Chronicles are like printed in my body...

Maybe you'd like to read The Martian.  It's witty and funny. Smile

You are so right Patrick I should....

The funny thing is my son about one year ago or two, as a DP went to shoot a really lovely short in a California desert, with very little finance 9n the project so they had to be very creative, and It turned so well and so much a Bradbury thing.. really cool

So I shall get the Martian on my pile,,, thanks Patrick !!
(09-24-2020, 03:14 PM)Ymarsakar Wrote: [ -> ]Flo, are you remembering mars when it held life?

I have no idea but I know I cried during the reading of Ray’s. Wink I find his writing incredibly poetic and visual, just an awesome writer...
Thoughts are beginning to manifest more regularly.
I am seeing things I did not even imagine were possible.

We will have things like Star Trek Holodeck, except it will be infinitely intelligent.

I think the ascension is everyone waking up to intelligent infinity.
According to Ra, we will be able to travel the Universe with unfettered tread.

Dolores Cannon said that this is the first time ever in Creation that a whole planet has ascended.