Bring4th

Full Version: Desiring change and accepting who we are
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

So I've been desiring change in my life for a while now. I've also been working on accepting myself.

There seems to be a sort of paradox here. I want change and yet I want to accept myself.

How does one reconcile with this? Can one reconcile with this?

Does anyone have anything to say on this? Just feelin around

Heart BigSmile
(09-25-2020, 09:57 AM)sillypumpkins Wrote: [ -> ]Hey all,

So I've been desiring change in my life for a while now. I've also been working on accepting myself.

There seems to be a sort of paradox here. I want change and yet I want to accept myself.

Heart  BigSmile

The beloved child is accepted exactly as they are - no matter how messy they get, how intense the tantrums - good parents will still love their child unconditionally. That does not then preclude the parents from making future arrangements for the child's education. They do this in hopeful anticipation of the future growth of their child that has, is, and will always be accepted.

That's how I see it. Smile
Accepting ourselves is also accepting that it is ok that there are things you would wish to be different.

You can accept who you are right now, who you see yourself as, and still seek to know more about your self.

If, for example, the change you wish is to be more of who you really are, then desiring change is to be expected and even wanted as a seeker.
There are multiple versions of yourself. You in future. You in past. Parallel yous. The child of god you. The ascended or enlightened you.

Most people want to change into better versions and timelines

The complete 7th density self, gathers all time velocities to itself
A black hole sucking in all light and dark selves. That is one goal of acceptance
Well, it's really easy. First be ok with who you are.
It's ok to want to change. That's growth.
But also, don't hold attachment to it needs to be a certain way.
Allow for even better, and the Universe will surprise you.
I chose to be a crystal through which the Universe can shine.
So in some ways, it's more the will of the Universe, rather than my own.
But I still have dreams, and I'm seeing them fulfilled. It's amazing.
@louisabell - what a wonderful way of explaining it, thank you!

@Patrick - ahhh..... so part of accepting the self can include accepting the fact that there are things one might want to make different.... hm, that makes sense Smile it's sort of like accepting that there's a part of you that longs for growth, and then leaning into that without forcing it.... thanks Patrick Smile

@Ymarsakar - "A black hole sucking in all light and dark selves. That is one goal of acceptance" ..... not sure about this, friend. I suppose I don't understand your point. Is there acceptance when one has made themselves into a "black hole" as it were? Seems like the opposite to me?

@Sun - Your words resonate sun, thank you! The past month or so I've become really desirous of just becoming a good "channel" for the One. Like what you're saying, wanting to be a crystal and letting the One shine through you. I suppose we all do that in our own ways, distorted as they often are.

<3
teal swan has a video about the shadow self and integration. I would refer to that explanation as i am typing on phone
Silly, lol I hope you are not suffering too much ? Wink

Would you perhaps consider the following..

Considering we are Creator , I mean fragment but all included inside..
So i that case we are the All, we’re all if it. So we can be Hitler and Mother Teresa all at once, would you not say the change is already there inside us, so we just get to choose what we are, what characteristic we decide to support in this now, so in fact there is no more, In a way, paradox then ? Wink
hi flo,

no, not too too much suffering. I've been seeing a hypnotherapist, and while I haven't even been hypnotized, it's been a revelatory experience each time. We had a session a couple days ago that put me in a deep place of contemplation. I had found myself in that place many times throughout the years, in varying intensities. I now see it as a sort of "zone of Choice"....... this "zone" I've found myself in in the past has sort of broken me in some ways, or I've broken myself because the perceived pressure was so great. So, in the past, I would continue allowing this wound I have to fester. Now, though.... I don't want to keep doing that.

Really, I consciously realized that I've got wounds that I am actively ignoring/suppressing. This was sort of hard to sit with, but it felt lighter than it had in the past.

I took some mushrooms that same night, because they always help in one way or another when it comes to these spiritual "dilemmas". I became acutely aware of some dark energy in me, specifically in my abdominal area. I could identify it on one level as a feeling of disgust. I explored it. It felt like I was being lowered into a thick, black plume of smoke. I almost got lost! Lol

Anyways.... I've been playing out the same behaviors for so long and they aren't aligned with the path I seek. It's clear to me that in a lot of ways I've been a broken record (like many, many I am sure) for all of my life, and I want to change that.

Yes and you are right flo.... it is so simple, yet so easy to misunderstand sometimes..... thank you Smile
Silly, lol, I would not worry too much, you are on the right path there, what is it, that thing about honoring ourself for our efforts and knowing that all is already well.. it’s good to breathe friend. Wink
Ah, too right. Reminds me of yesterday's Q'uote:

"Third density is not the place from which to take off into the ethers. Rather, it is the place to refine your basic choice of paths: service to self, or service to others. This seems a simple and basic choice, one easily taken and out of the way, clearing the way for important work. Yet, this is the chief work of your incarnation, the purification of that choice for the light. Into that light you will take your entire universal three hundred and sixty degree self. You shall not be judged on the contents of your heart, for all have light and dark within. You shall be judged by the self on your capacity to accept an increase of light. Those who truly think of others first are automatically increasing their ability to withstand the more dense light of the next density.

much love to you flo Heart
It might be even easier to change once you accept yourself.
If you can figure out why you are the thing you don’t like, as in how a certain behaviour pattern was formed generally you can have compassion for yourself and the resultant behaviour and let go of the pattern of behaviour.

The subconscious (shadow) will have us acting in unconscious ways, but when you understand the “why”/“how” generally the subconscious now being heard, understood and loved/accepted can move through healing. That’s where the change happens easier vs through will.

Sorry for having to try to say that two different ways. Smile
I found that hard to put into text, Smile
That makes sense Glow..... seems like some deeper introspection is needed on my part

And that's okay, it's helpful reading it 2 different ways

Heart BigSmile
(09-25-2020, 09:57 AM)sillypumpkins Wrote: [ -> ]Hey all,

Heart  BigSmile

I am afraid I don't have advice for you, because I am in this process now myself. Just wanted to wish you good luck & let everything works out in the best way possible  Smile
Thank you Henrygrrr, I wish you the same as well

It's funny that I just looked at your comment, I had just let my dog Henry inside! Lol

Take care