Bring4th

Full Version: Science of Sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sound is a fascinating and incredible part of Creation. I would like to open this thread in all ways to discuss the sciences of sound. (Don't worry I haven't forgotten my other threads lol)

I'm going to start with a quote from the book 'Musical Acoustics: An Introduction' by Donald E. Hall.

Quote:Sound waves carry energy. The vibrating source does work upon the adjacent air molecules when it sets them in motion. The energy is passed on from neighbor to neighbor, and finally those molecules next to your eardrum push it aside; thus they do work upon it and deliver the energy to its destination in the form of vibrations of the internal structure of the ear.

The continual competition between restoring force and inertia in any harmonic oscillator can also be described as an interplay of potential and kinetic energy. As the mass moves toward the equilibrium position, the restoring force does work on it, thus increasing its kinetic energy. This energy is withdrawn from the reservoir of potential energy stored in the spring. As the mass moves beyond the equilibrium position and slows down, the restoring force is in the direction opposite to its motion. This means the restoring force does negative work on the mass, reducing its kinetic energy. Another way to say this is that now it is the mass that is doing work on the spring and delivering energy to it.

So during vibration, energy keeps shuttling back and forth between kinetic and potential forms, but the total energy remains the same. In real life, of course, this total oscillation energy may gradually decrease as friction or radiation drain it off intro heat or sound energy.

I think this can be paired with some Ra quotes for some interesting correlations...

Quote:27.5 Questioner: It is not necessary to divide it. The definition of intelligent infinity as one part is sufficient. Could you please now define intelligent infinity?

Ra: I am Ra. This is exponentially simpler and less confusing. There is unity. This unity is all that there is. This unity has a potential and kinetic. The potential is intelligent infinity. Tapping this potential will yield work. This work has been called by us, intelligent energy.

The nature of this work is dependent upon the particular distortion of free will which in turn is the nature of a particular intelligent energy or kinetic focus of the potential of unity or that which is all.

27.7 Questioner: Now I think I have extracted an important point from this in that in intelligent infinity we have work without polarity, or a potential difference does not have to exist. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. There is no difference, potential or kinetic, in unity. The basic rhythms of intelligent infinity are totally without distortion of any kind. The rhythms are clothed in mystery, for they are being itself. From this undistorted unity, however, appears a potential in relation to intelligent energy.

In this way you may observe the term to be somewhat two-sided, one use of the term, that being as the undistorted unity, being without any kinetic or potential side. The other application of this term, which we use undifferentiatedly for lack of other term in the sense of the vast potential tapped into by foci or focuses of energy, we call intelligent energy.

28.2 Questioner: Well, we had yesterday arrived at a point where we were considering colors of light. [You] said that “the nature of the vibratory patterns of your universe is dependent upon the configurations placed on the original material or light by the focus of Love using Its intelligent energy to create a certain pattern of… of illusions or densities.” Then after this material you said that there’s further information which you’d be happy to share, but we ran out of time. Could you complete the further information on that?

Ra: I am Ra. In discussing this information we then, shall we say, snap back into the particular methods of understanding or seeing that which is that the one, sound vibration complex, Dewey, offers; this being correct for the second meaning of intelligent infinity: the potential which then through catalyst forms the kinetic.

This information is a natural progression of inspection of the kinetic shape of your environment. You may understand each color or ray as being, as we had said, a very specific and accurate apportion of intelligent energy’s representation of intelligent infinity, each ray having been previously inspected in other regards.

This information may be of aid here. We speak now nonspecifically to increase the depth of your conceptualization of the nature of what is. The universe in which you live is recapitulation in each part of intelligent infinity. Thus you will see the same patterns repeated in physical and metaphysical areas; the rays or apportions of light being, as you surmise, those areas of what you may call the physical illusion which rotate, vibrate, or are of a nature that may be, shall we say, counted or categorized in rotation manner in space/time as described by the one known as Dewey; some substances having various of the rays in a physical manifestation visible to the eye, this being apparent in the nature of your crystallized minerals which you count as precious, the ruby being red and so forth.

What do y'all think might be inferred from this?
Beginning with the idea that there is an infinite field of inexplicable, permeating intelligence, this field when tapped by any focus (intention, observation, thought, will, anything) would result in potentiation or activation, and manifestation, of something from that field. This brings up the conundrum of how it got originally tapped from its unformed state, and that would coincide with the OIC being that field and tapping it's self, or a cyclic big bang from a singularity, or other theory. A question would be how the OIC overcame inertia to do so. In the case of the big bang, inherent in that theory would be a force that drives the cycles, but this overlooks how it got started in the first place, or from where the process was derived.

Sound would be a particular manifestation from that field. Sound may even be the love Ra talks about. Light being the wisdom. If love/sound were manifested from the infinite field of intelligence it may have created some kind of organization, such as what is described in String Theory or M Theory—vibrating strings being the smallest units. This further gets developed and refined until we come to a specific use of sound—music. The interesting thing about this is the way music can tap feelings, memories, or simply open the doors of perception. This relates possibly to the idea that sound is love. Love being not of any human description, but a force that organizes.
The science of sound and light are intertwined. Sound is a wave which has frequency and amplitude, and there are an octave of notes in the standard scale. This clearly relates to light and how light functions as well.

The explanation of potential and kinetic energy in sound waves is fairly enlightening, especially if you consider that there should not be any reason that the same is not true in light waves.

If what we think of as light is merely a vibration at a specific frequency range, there is no reason why vibrations in other frequency ranges are not also light, since they are not fundamentally different. With this though x rays and ultra violet rays and all other kinds of EM radiation are also light. Considering then that a common experience of altered states is one of all matter being frozen light, or energy vibrating in a specific pattern to form matter, then we can think of all energy and matter that we experience as some form of light.

Sound then is not "light" per se, but is the holographic reflection of light within our portion of the creation and using the other frozen light as its media. A thorough exploration of sound should therefore provide insight into the functions of light in a more holistic sense than our modern sciences recognize.
(10-18-2020, 11:17 AM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]Beginning with the idea that there is an infinite field of inexplicable, permeating intelligence, this field when tapped by any focus (intention, observation, thought, will, anything) would result in potentiation or activation, and manifestation, of something from that field. This brings up the conundrum of how it got originally tapped from its unformed state, and that would coincide with the OIC being that field and tapping it's self, or a cyclic big bang from a singularity, or other theory. A question would be how the OIC overcame inertia to do so. In the case of the big bang, inherent in that theory would be a force that drives the cycles, but this overlooks how it got started in the first place, or from where the process was derived.

Sound would be a particular manifestation from that field. Sound may even be the love Ra talks about. Light being the wisdom. If love/sound were manifested from the infinite field of intelligence it may have created some kind of organization, such as what is described in String Theory or M Theory—vibrating strings being the smallest units. This further gets developed and refined until we come to a specific use of sound—music. The interesting thing about this is the way music can tap feelings, memories, or simply open the doors of perception. This relates possibly to the idea that sound is love. Love being not of any human description, but a force that organizes.

To me all things being an expression of One, and through relation/connection all Things are One. There is no separation. Vibration(sound,music) to vibration(thought, emotions).

There is only Creator. The Only feat overcome in Creating, was the Creators own self imposed limitations. As there is no other to overcome. What we think of as reality, physics, life. Is like a byproduct:result of The Creators state/thought. We exist because creator chooses LOVE. No other reason.
I don't have much to add to the conversation but I find Cymatics to be pretty interesting. John Stuart Reid has some good lectures as well as Evan Grants Ted Talk for anyone interested. [video=youtube]http:/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvJAgrUBF4w[/video]
Wasn't Coral Castle built using sound? They can't understand how he could move the large blocks.
I was looking at an article by Alexander Putney (a scientist, archeologist, and truth-seeker, among other things whose work on unearthing hidden aspects of our world and of civilizations past I have found very interesting) on psychoacoustics and how it relates to endocannabinoid production and hemi-synchronous brain activity that may be of interest.

http://www.human-resonance.org/Cannabis_Smoke.pdf

"Hemispheric synchronization of the brain and nervous system is induced...when two slightly offset frequencies of sound together induce an effect called binaural beating, whereby a third interference frequency becomes distinctly audible. This effect of tri-frequency
resonance can potentially occur in any biome; in the air, on land, below ground or in aquatic habitats. It is precisely this environmentally-induced effect of psychoacoustic resonance that triggers the natural production of endocannabinoids, which engage cannabinoid receptors in the brain and nervous system,
causing the growth of new neurons in the hippocampus, or hippocampal neurogenesis. Clinical studies of this neurogenesis process show its effectiveness in both embryonic and adult cannabis users, yet have not been conducted using psychoacoustic induction. Ancient psychoacoustic whistles of the Ohum civilization discovered at the pyramids of La Maná, Ecuador2 induce this effect in users, as demonstrated by Suzanne Benoit and this author in 2013 (above).3" (Putney 80).

This is the video by the author snapshotted in the article that demonstrates this psychoacoustic binaural effect:

(Side note/context: The Ohum civilization is related to the Atlantean civilization, though I'm not sure if they existed prior to the 2nd Atlantean conflict that Ra talks about, or if they were the refugees that left that devastation.)
Quote:...The second and most devastating of the conflicts occurred approximately one oh eight two one, ten thousand eight hundred twenty-one [10,821] years in the past according to your illusion. This created an earth-changing configuration and the large part of Atlantis was no more, having been inundated. Three of the positively oriented of the Atlantean groups left this geographical locus before that devastation, placing themselves in the mountain areas of what you call Tibet, what you call Peru, and what you call Turkey.

The idea of the interplay of a higher and lower frequency sound creating a beneficial third frequency reminds me of the "competition between restoring force and inertia," if we can imagine the lower frequency to be (more) inert and the slightly higher frequency exerting a restoring force. So it's the same principle that's going on for one vibration, but on a larger scale. One the same note, going off of the Ra quote Aion posted (I'm going to repost the section I'm talking about)
Quote:Ra: I am Ra. This is exponentially simpler and less confusing. There is unity. This unity is all that there is. This unity has a potential and kinetic. The potential is intelligent infinity. Tapping this potential will yield work. This work has been called by us, intelligent energy.

The nature of this work is dependent upon the particular distortion of free will which in turn is the nature of a particular intelligent energy or kinetic focus of the potential of unity
or that which is all.

The lower vibration can be seen as the part of unity before distortion, the potential part, until the distortion of free will of increasing the vibration slightly (offsetting the now-two sounds) creates a potential-kinetic relationship that is tapped into by the higher vibration to yield a third interference vibration (mimicking the yielding of work, intelligent energy from this relationship). I'm not sure if that made sense, but I do feel like there is an interesting correlation here. Another point of interest is that later in the article the author goes on to explain that the psychoacoustic whistles (as well as cannabis consumption), increase phonon resonance within the body and catalyze biophotonic reactions that increase vital energy/life currents. As Dtris was saying, Sound and light intertwined. Working in the body for the One.
I've seen the experiments of sound structuring sand, good link. There's also some concept of sound being theoretically able to travel faster than light, and the idea of sonofusion(creating "cold" nuclear fusion with sound). All really interesting.

To expand a little bit on Diana's idea that sound is analogous to love in some more or less direct sense...there is the idea in Hermetic traditions and alchemy of the philosopher's stone, that can transmute anything (among so many other properties described), leading me to believe that the hermetic references to the philosopher's stone are about love in a metaphysical sense. Perhaps in an analogous physical sense, it may be sound that's the key to transmuting physical elements in an alchemical fashion. Maybe sound is the closest thing perceivable by the ordinary 5 senses to the idea of love, a directly physical manifestation of the idea. Just a thought.

And expanding a bit(but not to derail the conversation too much hopefully), maybe wisdom is indeed tied into light/visual perception, love being sound/auditory perception...perhaps there are other correlations as well? The will seems like a very tactile thing sometimes...perhaps will is related to the sense of touch. All interesting things to ponder for sure.
Interesting, Black Dragon. As a side note, when talking about the physical body, hearing is the last sense to go before death.. Wink
A few theoretical points that may be interesting to ponder.

Light and Sound are both Intelligent Energy operating within different frequency bandwidths.

In multiple spiritual traditions but most notably with the word AUM, sound was that which gave shape to matter.

Sound and Light are both expressed and manifested through geometric principles.

In human terms, the "sound of silence" is the BREATH.

Breathing is directly connected to consciousness.

Vocalization is the act of geometrizing breath.

Where does that geometry come from? The material is shaped by the body, but the design is shaped by the mind.

Intonation is based first on internal sounding, creating a sound in your mind, and then creating it externally with your body.

This is the root of 'magical invocative power'.

The mind is an array of communicating lights, geometrized light. The patterns of synapses firing in the brain have remarkably complex geometries.

What is the force that "fires"? Electricity, that which is the "secret fire" and Bringer of Light.

Thus, the brain is a geometry of lights, as we know electricity and magnetism are but one force, which also is Light.

To speak is thus to translate this geometry of lights in to a geometry of sound. The entire material world exists through the geometry of sound.

Resonance occurs where geometry is congruent.

If you have read this carefully, you will see the revealing of the nature of "magical words".
(11-18-2020, 10:27 PM)Black Dragon Wrote: [ -> ]I've seen the experiments of sound structuring sand, good link. There's also some concept of sound being theoretically able to travel faster than light, and the idea of sonofusion(creating "cold" nuclear fusion with sound). All really interesting.

To expand a little bit on Diana's idea that sound is analogous to love in some more or less direct sense...there is the idea in Hermetic traditions and alchemy of the philosopher's stone, that can transmute anything (among so many other properties described), leading me to believe that the hermetic references to the philosopher's stone are about love in a metaphysical sense. Perhaps in an analogous physical sense, it may be sound that's the key to transmuting physical elements in an alchemical fashion. Maybe sound is the closest thing perceivable by the ordinary 5 senses to the idea of love, a directly physical manifestation of the idea. Just a thought.

And expanding a bit(but not to derail the conversation too much hopefully), maybe wisdom is indeed tied into light/visual perception, love being sound/auditory perception...perhaps there are other correlations as well? The will seems like a very tactile thing sometimes...perhaps will is related to the sense of touch. All interesting things to ponder for sure.

And that is precisely it! The five senses are data inputs, with what your brain tells you is solid. Gas. Air, sensations. All come back to being a play of One. Vibration->(sound, light). It's not that sound is equal to vibration, but that vibration can be interpreted/expressed/manifested in Infinite.

All vibration(s)->(distortions) have a singular source. Any friction/entropy that is not contained in the random physical environment(from our experience) is due to the entity believing/thinking there is other/separation.

The bodily senses are built, and distinguish upon vibration(s)->(distortion(s) in a a way that infrences reality(data) as if it were separate.

I would say that vibration->(sound/light) is LOVE. Love is how the creator creates sparks(souls) or infinite intelligence(s). You are a piece of a dynamic(unified) whole the creator has made. However The Creator had to sacrafice its own natural(primordial, original) form.

Can you believe that? The Creator gave everything for us to live? The One Infinite All Powerful Mighty Creator gave us life through its sacrafice: Love and the sacrificial nature of all things. Life through death.

Stay humble
Stay grateful