Bring4th

Full Version: [split] Vaping, and health concerns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will you take care Aion, it seems vaporizing creates different issues on the lungs, but perhaps it’s only with tobacco ?
(11-26-2020, 03:10 AM)flofrog Wrote: [ -> ]Will you take care Aion, it seems vaporizing creates different issues on the lungs, but perhaps it’s only with tobacco ?

It's possible.(not to derail the thread into a discussion about weed or vaping, but worth mentioning for health reasons) I don't know much about vaping, I just stick to bud and normal hash usually, but I know that some concentrates are processed using butane which, despite what they say, isn't able to be 100% removed. As long as the concentrates are not made using butane or some other chemical as a solvent, I don't know of any overt health risk.
How about oil under the tongue?
(11-26-2020, 05:17 AM)Black Dragon Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2020, 03:10 AM)flofrog Wrote: [ -> ]Will you take care Aion, it seems vaporizing creates different issues on the lungs, but perhaps it’s only with tobacco ?

It's possible.(not to derail the thread into a discussion about weed or vaping, but worth mentioning for health reasons) I don't know much about vaping, I just stick to bud and normal hash usually, but I know that some concentrates are processed using butane which, despite what they say, isn't able to be 100% removed. As long as the concentrates are not made using butane or some other chemical as a solvent, I don't know of any overt health risk.

Vaping as I understand is inherently cleaner than smoking bud which has a lot of smoke that irritates the lungs.

When I vaped CBD before, I did cough a few times, but never like coughing up a lung that my bud smoker friend did practically.

Ah you are thinking of e-cigarettes or vaporizer pens that use a nicotine formula, often with flavour.
I've actually had a friend who got a bad lung issue from using one.
That's not what I use, I don't smoke tobacco/nicotine at all, I use THC extracts with a low-heat vaporization (old school torch to quartz glass) so nothing is burned, no plant smoke byproduct and no extra chemicals (provided the extract has been prepared properly lol).

This is because I have chronic pain from a slipped spinal disc among other things.
Awesome. Well not awesome for the disc. Best wishes Aion...
We all gotta find ways to cope with our meatsuits. It's just part of being human.
(11-26-2020, 07:50 AM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ]How about oil under the tongue?

Oil is an effective way of using it, it's how it's usually given for medical needs of kids, especially with seizures.
However, it takes like crap, and I have a very strong tolerance so I find ingesting doesn't tend to be very effective for me.
(11-26-2020, 05:17 AM)Black Dragon Wrote: [ -> ]

It's true there may be some small amount of butane residue left, although this is pretty minor compared to the chemicals in vape juice or cigarettes. It actually gets pretty clean though since butane will gas off.
I know of a local group that have found an organic alternative to butane they use.
I used to do dry vaping, which is the bud grinded to be heated in a vaporizer. I think it's better than smoking it, but too much of it on the long term is still clearly not ideal. Concentrates are a worse version of that.

It's only after having stopped that I felt my body really did not want anymore of it. Any offer would then make me feel a categorical "No." within every fiber of myself. I'm not really fully against it, because I never planned for anything and changing my habits was really a sudden shift, but I do know that the 5 exceptions I made over the last 2 years just made me feel afterwards that it was dumb and not worth it.
How did you start smoking a vape?
I started vaping as an alternative to smoking cigarettes. I used to smoke like one and a half packs per day. My daughter hated me for that. She never liked the smell, and she would start crying. Moreover, after she heard that her mom told me that I could get cancer because of smoking, she started crying. That is why I started vaping. Honestly, since I quit smoking, I feel much better. Moreover, I found some fantastic e-liquids on thevapecig.co.uk. They don't even feel like those chemicals that we smoke from most manufacturers.
(11-26-2020, 03:43 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]We all gotta find ways to cope with our meatsuits. It's just part of being human.

Hahaha meatsuits

That made my day
I vaped CBD for a little bit. It helped me get off alcohol.