Bring4th

Full Version: I fail to meditate consistently
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would meditate for like three days and then not meditate after that
Don't worry, in the 20 years or so of me meditating I've gone a year without meditating at a time.
Yet some days doing 4 hours a day.

And I am very energy sensitive now.

Worked a little too well cause now it's easy to get overwhelmed by the energy.
That’s okay ovindu, keep going!!
Silly Pumpkins is correct! You don't have to be a master at this ever! You just acceot what comes. If you do three days and then fall off, all is good my friend. It is always great of we can not be too distracted, but it will happen. Just be ok with whatever is.
Meditation doesn't have to be the stereotypical sit still cross legged silence, you can introduce other forms that get you into that state of mind, like jogging/exercising, manual labour/chores, yoga or qigong or other, playing music. It may be a good time to explore other methodologies. I know some may disagree if those could constitute as valid meditations, but it's only the personal result that matters.
(01-06-2021, 03:42 AM)zedro Wrote: [ -> ]Meditation doesn't have to be the stereotypical sit still cross legged silence, you can introduce other forms that get you into that state of mind, like jogging/exercising, manual labour/chores, yoga or qigong or other, playing music. It may be a good time to explore other methodologies. I know some may disagree if those could constitute as valid meditations, but it's only the personal result that matters.

I personally don't disagree with your suggestions. The things you mentioned are terrific ways to still the mind, bring it into focus and enhance concentration by being in the moment. Utimately, meditation helps with this and the processing of catalyst. Being mindful during activities it a super way to connect with the Creator. Finding that Love within the moment can be accomplished by remaining mindful in all the things we do. I think these are excellent ideas Zedro.
(01-05-2021, 04:10 PM)Ovindu Wrote: [ -> ]I would meditate for like three days and then not meditate after that

Me too, sometimes not for weeks. It depends on what I am going through, and how I am feeling. And I think that's okay.
Ovindu, do not worry, please. Zedro's advice is quite excellent, meditation takes many paths, and then ultimately regular sitting meditation one day just settles in easily in daily life; being mindful while having an activity as Ohr Ein Sof said, is a magnificent way to connect to Creator, in a very unexpected way. Smile
Don't stick to a path that someone else has set before you. Be self-reliant and self-conscious. Be aware of your own thoughts and their sources, and that's already the best headstart you could have.
(01-06-2021, 03:42 AM)zedro Wrote: [ -> ]Meditation doesn't have to be the stereotypical sit still cross legged silence, you can introduce other forms that get you into that state of mind, like jogging/exercising, manual labour/chores, yoga or qigong or other, playing music. It may be a good time to explore other methodologies. I know some may disagree if those could constitute as valid meditations, but it's only the personal result that matters.

I would echo this.
Honestly my best meditations happen when I’m cleaning.

For me I set into meditation by turning my mind to a listening state, like a conversation where you are awaiting someone’s reply you are really interested in.

That stops chatter for me and holding this energy while going about mindless work can honestly feel like a holiday away.

1 day feels like a week of peace.

Of course sitting in meditation is great too but I find longer times(hours) in that headspace more helpful for my needs and that’s easier to do for me with ear plugs in cleaning/gardening.

Whatever works
(01-15-2021, 03:45 PM)Glow Wrote: [ -> ]

I would echo this.
Honestly my best meditations happen when I’m cleaning.

For me I set into meditation by turning my mind to a listening state, like a conversation where you are awaiting someone’s reply you are really interested in.

That stops chatter for me and holding this energy while going about mindless work can honestly feel like a holiday away.

1 day feels like a week of peace.

Of course sitting in meditation is great too but I find longer times(hours) in that headspace more helpful for my needs and that’s easier to do for me with ear plugs in cleaning/gardening.

Whatever works
Yes, like being deeply connected to that moment even if it is cleaning! I do this often. It does feel like a week of peace.