Bring4th

Full Version: A question about a personal experience
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, When I was about 14 (10 years ago), my parents and I lived in a apartment 6th floor, one night my parents have to go out for dinner and asked me to lock the door, I locked from the inside and went to sleep early at 9pm. When they come back and found the door was locked from the inside, they knock on the door really hard and called the home phone to get me to wake up. The entire building was woken up from all the noise and scream. They finally knocked down the door fearing that I was kidnapped, and found still asleep. They did not wake me up, I woke up at 12pm, feeling a slight headach as if I have sleeping for ages (no dreams), they explained to me everything.

Here is a wired thing: my room is right next to the door, 2 meters to be exact (although I did close the door to my room), this is the only time to my recollection that I forgot to unlock from the inside before going to sleep. I have very good hearing, my ears were not stuffed.

Can anyone offer me an opinion why this happened? From a medical perspective?

Brittany

It is possible you were out of your body. Or in a very deep trance of some sort. If you were completely unresponsive, I would think that your consciousness was much more interested in business elsewhere. I'm not much of a medical expert, so I can't say if it could be an actual medical condition...I don't know of anything that just makes you sleep deeply. Were you on any medications or did you take anything before you went to bed? That can knock me out of the ballpark sometimes.
No, nothing. It has been puzzling me ever since. I am a completely normal person. Although now I knowing about LOO, these wired experience serve to reinforce my beliefs.

Meerie

Can you remember if you dreamt during that sleep?
This kind of reminds me of when I was a teenager and reading some very suspenseful book in my parents living room.. I finished the book and looked up, only to see that the house was dark and no one was around.
Some time later my parents returned and I asked why they had left, without telling me... they said they had indeed talked to me, several times but I was so absorbed in my book I did not notice.
It has not happened to me ever since... and I somehow regret not being able to absorb completely in anything, since I have a shallow and short attention span now.
I distinctively remember there is no dream, when I wake up at 12pm I felt I just woke up from hibernation. My parents were absulotely shocked, I saw the door knocked out next to my room and did not know what happened. I am talking about the entire building from 1st to 6th floor woken up but not me. Maybe someday I will do a hypnosis to find out.