Bring4th

Full Version: Kicking off in the UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's gone a bit crazy here!

There’s students smashing up the courts and parliament in London. Top shop is getting it.

Prince Charles car has even been attacked.
Wikileaks has got people worked up too especially the nukes thing that was released today.

Thing is this is middle class kids out there kicking off.

People feel betrayed hugely by the government in the UK atm.
I'm not for violence obviously but wow - the energy is Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! If I didn't have 2 kids I'd be on the train to London Blush
Looks really bad riot police out there against middle class kids on the streets. Thing is everyone has a vid or camera on them these days…… none of this can be hidden anymore.
(12-09-2010, 04:21 PM)@ndy Wrote: [ -> ]It's gone a bit crazy here!

There’s students smashing up the courts and parliament in London. Top shop is getting it.

Prince Charles car has even been attacked.
Wikileaks has got people worked up too especially the nukes thing that was released today.

Thing is this is middle class kids out there kicking off.

People feel betrayed hugely by the government in the UK atm.
I'm not for violence obviously but wow - the energy is Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! If I didn't have 2 kids I'd be on the train to London Blush
Looks really bad riot police out there against middle class kids on the streets. Thing is everyone has a vid or camera on them these days…… none of this can be hidden anymore.

Crazy isn't it. It's great that people are actually becoming aware of the extent of the lies we're told every day. I just hope they don't smash things up, that really won't help, and it's really quite unnecessary. We only need to literally stand together and refuse to play the silly money game anymore.
And I hope that people will start standing together on all issues, not just the ones that affect us personally. Then we can start heading in a sensible direction in all areas of our society.
Not the best reaction, but you can't stop truth.
i dont think that it is a bad reaction. its basically rebellion.

i think every instance in which people do not react in the wake of these events, the negative inclinations of the private interests or similar get stronger in societal mind. they do something, they get away with it.
Meanwhile, the crazies are coming out of the woodwork:

Glastonbury Thorn Tree hacked down
Wow, that's insane.

If they don't manage to keep their anger focussed on the wrong that's been done it's going to end up dividing them.
i think it's wonderful, the passion and the waking up - not the violence

and i think it's also complicated by the relationship between england and other uk countries - i think the english culture has had too much respect for authority for too long, in a way that other parts of the uk - who had english authority imposed on them - have not

children wake up, hold your mistake up BigSmile
Waking up is good...but they didn't have to take it out on the tree.
I think that's a completely separate thing Monica, that's was a calculated, nasty act of deliberate destruction