Bring4th

Full Version: Function of the breath
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I believe I have made a simple, but potentially extremely useful extrapolation from the Ra material. It concerns a simple metaphysical mechanic of the human body/subtle body.

First, let us remember some of the basics of how the metphysics of the body works:
Quote:49.5 Questioner: Will you expand on the positive and negative polarizations in general and how they apply to individuals and planets, etc.? I think there is a correlation here, but I’m not sure.

Ra: I am Ra. It is correct that there is a correlation between the energy field of an entity of your nature and planetary bodies, for all material is constructed by means of the dynamic tension of the magnetic field. The lines of force in both cases may be seen to be much like the interweaving spirals of the braided hair. Thus positive and negative wind and interweave forming geometric relationships in the energy fields of both persons, as you would call a mind/body/spirit complex, and planets.

The negative pole is the south pole or the lower pole. The north or upper pole is positive. The crisscrossing of these spiraling energies form primary, secondary, and tertiary energy centers. You are familiar with the primary energy centers of the physical, mental, and spiritual body complex. Secondary points of the crisscrossing of positive and negative center orientation revolve about several of your centers. The yellow-ray center may be seen to have secondary energy centers in elbow, in knee, and in the subtle bodies at a slight spacing from the physical vehicle at points describing diamonds about the entity’s naval area surrounding the body.

One may examine each of the energy centers for such secondary centers. Some of your peoples work with these energy centers, and you call this acupuncture. However, it is to be noted that there are most often anomalies in the placement of the energy centers so that the scientific precision of this practice is brought into question. Like most scientific attempts at precision, it fails to take into account the unique qualities of each creation.

The most important concept to grasp about the energy field is that the lower or negative pole will draw the universal energy into itself from the cosmos. Therefrom it will move upward to be met and reacted to by the positive spiraling energy moving downward from within. The measure of an entity’s level of ray activity is the locus wherein the south pole outer energy has been met by the inner spiraling positive energy.

As an entity grows more polarized this locus will move upwards. This phenomenon has been called by your peoples the kundalini. However, it may better be thought of as the meeting place of cosmic and inner, shall we say, vibratory understanding. To attempt to raise the locus of this meeting without realizing the metaphysical principles of magnetism upon which this depends is to invite great imbalance.

49.6 Questioner: What process would be the recommended process for correctly awakening the kundalini and of what value would that be?

Ra: I am Ra. The metaphor of the coiled serpent being called upwards is vastly appropriate for consideration by your peoples. This is what you are attempting when you seek. There are, as we have stated, great misapprehensions concerning this metaphor and the nature of pursuing its goal. We must generalize and ask that you grasp the fact that this in effect renders far less useful that which we share. However, as each entity is unique, generalities are our lot when communicating for your possible edification.

We have two types of energy. We are attempting then, as entities in any true color of this octave, to move the meeting place of inner and outer natures further and further along or upward along the energy centers. The two methods of approaching this with sensible method are first, the seating within one’s self of those experiences which are attracted to the entity through the south pole. Each experience will need to be observed, experienced, balanced, accepted, and seated within the individual. As the entity grows in self-acceptance and awareness of catalyst the location of the comfortable seating of these experiences will rise to the new true color entity. The experience, whatever it may be, will be seated in red ray and considered as to its survival content and so forth.

Each experience will be sequentially understood by the growing and seeking mind/body/spirit complex in terms of survival, then in terms of personal identity, then in terms of social relations, then in terms of universal love, then in terms of how the experience may beget free communication, then in terms of how the experience may be linked to universal energies, and finally in terms of the sacramental nature of each experience.

Meanwhile the Creator lies within. In the north pole the crown is already upon the head and the entity is potentially a god. This energy is brought into being by the humble and trusting acceptance of this energy through meditation and contemplation of the self and of the Creator.

Where these energies meet is where the serpent will have achieved its height. When this uncoiled energy approaches universal love and radiant being the entity is in a state whereby the harvestability of the entity comes nigh.

One more short quote portion:

Quote:72.16

The energies of life itself, being the One Infinite Creator, flow from the south pole of the body seen in its magnetic form. Thus only the Creator may, through the feet, enter the energy shell of the body to any effect. The effects of the adept are those from the upper direction and thus the building of the wall of light is quite propitious.

May we ask if there are any shorter queries at this time?

Alright, now I will attempt an explanation of this works, restating what Ra has said.

First, energy enters the energy web of the earth through the cosmos. Then, the energy enters into the red ray and moves upwards through the subtle body of each individual.

This energy you have no conscious control over, but rather as you become more balanced, you stop blocking it.

That is, one who vibrates red ray sees all experience only in terms of survival, orange, is animalistic, yellow, social relations, ect.

This energy is accepted or rejected, blocked or allowed, but you have no control over it itself.

The other energy is the energy flowing downwards from the head. This is the energy you have conscious control over, the energy of the adept.

Now, for what I think I've figured out.

Quote:4.18 Questioner: I believe I have a little idea of the accomplishment of the first step. Can you elaborate a little bit on the other two steps which I am not at all familiar with.

Ra: I am Ra. Imagine the body. Imagine the more dense aspects of the body. Proceed therefrom to the very finest knowledge of energy pathways which revolve and cause the body to be energized. Understand that all natural functions of the body have all aspects from dense to fine, and can be transmuted to what you may call sacramental. This is a brief investigation of the second area.

To speak to the third, if you will, imagine the function of the magnet. The magnet has two poles. One reaches up. The other goes down. The function of the spirit is to integrate the upreaching yearning of the mind/body energy with the downpouring and streaming of infinite intelligence. This is a brief explication of the third area.

Do you remember when Ra describes the primary chakras of mind, body, spirit?

The primary chakra of spirit is the throat chakra.

Now, what is spirit analogous to in the physical body? Breath.

First, we get this from our language itself. Respiration, meaning to breath, has the same root.

Ra also says that the throat chakra is the chakra of Inspiration.

The function of spirit is to integrate the upwards and the downwards energies.

Remember, the energy moving upwards is unconscious. The energy moving downwards is conscious.

Now read the first quote about control of breathing from wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breathing#C..._breathing

Breathing is one of the few bodily functions which, within limits, can be controlled both consciously and unconsciously.

It is my supposition that this works as follows.

The inbreath is the analagous to the unconscious portion, and the pulling into the body the energy from the cosmos.

The out breath is where energy is pushed downwards from the upper direction, this is analogous to the conscious portion. We speak, of course on the out breath... and as throat chakra is the Ray of communication and of the co-creator, this makes sense.

Note that in the ritual Ra gives the group involves out out-breaths.

In any case, with proper use of breath one can begin to unify the conscious and unconscious.
(12-10-2010, 07:59 PM)jivatman Wrote: [ -> ]First, energy enters the energy web of the earth through the cosmos. Then, the energy enters into the red ray and moves upwards through the subtle body of each individual.

This energy you have no conscious control over, but rather as you become more balanced, you stop blocking it.

That is, one who vibrates red ray sees all experience only in terms of survival, orange, is animalistic, yellow, social relations, ect.

This energy is accepted or rejected, blocked or allowed, but you have no control over it itself.

The other energy is the energy flowing downwards from the head. This is the energy you have conscious control over, the energy of the adept.

Now, for what I think I've figured out.

i dont think its right to call downflowing energies energy of the adept. its the emanations that are flowing in from everywhere within creation. just like how one's own uppouring energies rise from the south pole and goes up and out from the violet.

in addition, if im not mistaken, it is possible to both shut down violet energy center, and the red energy center to an extent, to prevent energy flow.

Quote:Do you remember when Ra describes the primary chakras of mind, body, spirit?

The primary chakra of spirit is the throat chakra.

i dont think this approach is correct. for spirit is found in every state in densities, if you remember the 'how pyramids were built' part of Ra material.
Quote:i dont think its right to call downflowing energies energy of the adept. its the emanations that are flowing in from everywhere within creation

The crown chakra is the chakra of the totality of self, where one in microcosm is a god.

The root chakra is, as has been explicitly said, where energy comes in from cosmos in macrocosm.

Thus, the energy downflowing from the crown chakra is conscious, of the self, wheras the upflowing is unconscious. In fact, there's another quote even more explicit than the ones I've shown.
Quote:73.8 Questioner: Then will you speak of the difference between the spiraling light that enters through the feet and the light invoked through the crown chakra?

Ra: I am Ra. The action of the upward spiraling light drawn by the will to meet the inner light of the One Infinite Creator may be likened to the beating of the heart and the movement of the muscles surrounding the lungs and all the other functions of the parasympathetic nervous system. The calling of the adept may be likened to those nerve and muscle actions over which the mind/body/spirit complex has conscious control.

Thus, even if you do not accept my other logic, that because throat is the primary chakra of spirit, and the function of spirit is to integrate the downpouring and upflowing energy,

There is still the fact above, that downflowing is conscious, upflowing is cnoscious, and the function of spirit is to integrate these two energies, and as wikipedia says, the breath is one of the few bodily functions controlled both consciously and unconsciously.
(12-10-2010, 08:49 PM)jivatman Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:i dont think its right to call downflowing energies energy of the adept. its the emanations that are flowing in from everywhere within creation

The crown chakra is the chakra of the totality of self, where one in microcosm is a god.

The root chakra is, as has been explicitly said, where energy comes in from cosmos in macrocosm.

Thus, the energy downflowing from the crown chakra is conscious, of the self, wheras the upflowing is unconscious. In fact, there's another quote even more explicit than the ones I've shown.
Quote:73.8 Questioner: Then will you speak of the difference between the spiraling light that enters through the feet and the light invoked through the crown chakra?

Ra: I am Ra. The action of the upward spiraling light drawn by the will to meet the inner light of the One Infinite Creator may be likened to the beating of the heart and the movement of the muscles surrounding the lungs and all the other functions of the parasympathetic nervous system. The calling of the adept may be likened to those nerve and muscle actions over which the mind/body/spirit complex has conscious control.

Thus, even if you do not accept my other logic, that because throat is the primary chakra of spirit, and the function of spirit is to integrate the downpouring and upflowing energy,

There is still the fact above, that downflowing is conscious, upflowing is cnoscious, and the function of spirit is to integrate these two energies, and as wikipedia says, the breath is one of the few bodily functions controlled both consciously and unconsciously.

that bit you have quoted doesnt name in-pouring energies as energies of the adept. it speaks of a calling of the adept, which may be likened to nerve and muscle actions over which the mind/body/spirit complex has conscious control.

these energies are not named as conscious or unconscious (or, in conscious control or not) by the quotes you are given. these are just energies.

the the attractor of the energy is entity and its consciousness. then, since the intersection point of the downpouring and upflowing energies determines an entity's (at that point, probably significator, since an entity which is spiritually apt, but hampered in mind or body for any reason in incarnation may not be able to go up to high chakras) active manifestation point.

spirit, is the existing entity, mind, is a construct of spirit, and body is a creation of mind.

and the manifesting, resulting entity, the significator is the thing which creates and manipulates this energy action according to the point the up and down meet.

thus, i would say that there is no relevance regarding consciousness about/of the upflowing or downpouring energies - they are just energies. but, the consciousness of the entity acting at the intersection point, determines what happens.

in another note, if you remember the matter about the catalysts, it is said that <i>when accepted</i> the catalyst enters from the bottom chakra, and goes up. this accepted situation is curious, meaning that, a catalyst may be accepted or rejected. since the entry happens from the bottom chakra, it means that the entity has control over the aspects of that certain chakra -> it shouldnt be unconscious.
Interesting insights!!

jivatman Wrote:The inbreath is the analagous to the unconscious portion, and the pulling into the body the energy from the cosmos.

The out breath is where energy is pushed downwards from the upper direction, this is analogous to the conscious portion.

Wouldn't the in breath, where air spirals downwards, represent the conscious, and visa versa?

Earlier in the post you quoted Ra as saying: "The most important concept to grasp about the energy field is that the lower or negative pole will draw the universal energy into itself from the cosmos. Therefrom it will move upward to be met and reacted to by the positive spiraling energy moving downward from within."
Quote:that bit you have quoted doesnt name in-pouring energies as energies of the adept. it speaks of a calling of the adept, which may be likened to nerve and muscle actions over which the mind/body/spirit complex has conscious control.

Here is the portion of quote of interest:
Quote:The action of the upward spiraling light drawn by the will to meet the inner light of the One Infinite Creator

IT has already been stated that the upward light comes from the cosmos in macrocosm. Here, the inner light meets it.

Light, or light/love, is one of two forms of energy, the other, love or love/light.

The downward force is also described as spiritual gravity.

Quote:29.16 Questioner: Can you tell me how the gravity comes about?

Ra: I am Ra. This that you speak of as gravity may be seen as the pressing towards the inner light/love, the seeking towards the spiral line of light which progresses towards the Creator. This is a manifestation of a spiritual event or condition of living-ness.

Category: Science: Physics

29.18 Questioner: I sometimes have difficulty in getting a foothold into what I am looking for. I am trying to seek out the metaphysical principles, you might say, behind our physical illusion.

Could you give me an example of the amount of gravity in the third density conditions at the surface of the planet Venus? Would it be greater or less than Earth’s?

Ra: I am Ra. The gravity, shall we say, the attractive force which we also describe as the pressing outward force towards the Creator is greater spiritually upon the entity you call Venus due to the greater degree of success, shall we say, at seeking the Creator.

This point only becomes important when you consider that when all of creation in its infinity has reached a spiritual gravitational mass of sufficient nature, the entire creation infinitely coalesces; the light seeking and finding its source and thusly ending the creation and beginning a new creation much as you consider the black hole, as you call it, with its conditions of infinitely great mass at the zero point from which no light may be seen as it has been absorbed.

This makes sense, as the downward, gravitational force is the creator in microcosm. When it is sufficient to create a black hole, one, once again, returns to the great macrocosmic creator.
(12-10-2010, 09:40 PM)jivatman Wrote: [ -> ]Here is the portion of quote of interest:
Quote:The action of the upward spiraling light drawn by the will to meet the inner light of the One Infinite Creator

IT has already been stated that the upward light comes from the cosmos in macrocosm. Here, the inner light meets it.

Light, or light/love, is one of two forms of energy, the other, love or love/light.

The downward force is also described as spiritual gravity.

but it doesnt imply any kind of control. it, at most, can imply focus, spiritual power, or energy activity, because the will draws the upward spiraling light.
Love seems to go up, and light seems to come down.

Love being the calling of the entity, the will, while light being the intelligent infinity or something.

When I get a catalyst it definitely goes from bottom to top. But usually when I see and feel light it seems to come top down.

Love for me is usually bottom up.

Not really sure what all this means but throwing in my 2 cents.
I am certain that controlled breathing is essential to meditation. It is only when the breathing is balanced within a relaxed body, that one can begin to experience the amazing hidden reality.
you have made a good observation, that is worth studying further. Perhaps if we work on controlling our breathing while visualizing our own energy spiraling inwards with each breath, balancing an upward energy, we may be able to experience something new. I will try it tonight.

(12-10-2010, 07:59 PM)jivatman Wrote: [ -> ]In any case, with proper use of breath one can begin to unify the conscious and unconscious.
Breathing right obviously helps relaxing the body. Smile

Breathing consciously from what I've learned in various esoteric traditions is seen as a key to awaken a higher understanding. By breathing consciously we infuse our unconscious self with consciousness. And thus give us access to knowledge we did not have access to before.

I don't think we necessarily need all the visualizations. In my opinion they can distract us from our breathing. A visualization is just a mental model in the end.

Breath directs consciousness.