Bring4th

Full Version: affinity to indigo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any dear other-selves out there who have a deep affinity to indigo, or any other color? 

All of my life, I have been profoundly, deeply drawn to the color indigo. It is wholly comforting to me, and for lack of a better term, feels like home (more home than anything I have experienced in this life). 

On the one hand, I see how 'superficial' my affinity for indigo may seem; on the other hand, I see how 'deep' it is ... for me. I am transfixed, soothed when I stare into this color. 

Starting in childhood, I was inexplicably drawn to indigo: not any other shade of blue, only what is commonly called indigo or cobalt. 

Christmas lights that I hung in my room weren't true indigo enough for me, so I hand-painted each tiny bulb. 

I'd have waking and sleeping dreams/images of being in and of indigo. As odd as it sounds to me, I'd have a literal craving for indigo, like one might crave chocolate. (Not exactly an item one can find at a grocery store. ha ha) 

I am not certain (though it intrigues me) what my deep affinity for indigo means per se: could be Wanderer, could be chakra-related or ?. 

I only know that indigo is my sense of "home," my nourishment, my place of serenity and bliss.

I'm interested to hear from dear other-selves who have noticed a deep/spiritual affinity to color, indigo or otherwise.
I'm too drawn to dark blue / dark purple tone of color.

I initially think that it was an influence from my dad, since his favorite band was "Deep Purple".
Their "Machine Head" album (Vinyl version) is the first music that I like and the first album cover that I saw and stuck in my mind.
Plus his collection of DP memorabilia where "dark purple" is the common color.

Now my guitar is purple, my car is purple, a holographic wrap that switch between dark blue and purple, my curtain is purple.
As for the wall I prefer to leave it white so the purple on the curtain will stand out.

I found soothing feelings on those two colors, blue and purple. 
Thus, ocean is my favorite place to relax as I can see the entirety of blue.

As for the why, I don't know exactly, as of now my hypothesis it is due to my dad's affinition with the band "Deep Purple".
I also have an affinity for indigo and dark blue. There is not a color I don't appreciate, but Indigo and dark blue, neon yellow-green, black, and silver have always been my favorites, though lately I find myself drawn to cyan and very much to white.
I love indigo and dark blue, probably above all though I love all colors.  I have seen  a house which was deep grey and had a red door and a red bench,  and I couldn't stop to look at  it for a while, lol.  I love pale grey and orange together.  I remember in a hotel seeing a dark blue and white large striped bed cover with a dark dark wood bed frame and I could have looked at it for a long time, lol. Obviously I love some combinations of colors CrackingUp . Women in India and in Africa dress in the most extraordinary mix of colors.
But yes indigo, deep blue affect me differently and more deeply