Bring4th

Full Version: Widespread Mental Illness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is anyone noticing an uptick in mental illness – family, friends, workplace, social gatherings, etc.

I’ve been noticing it and was wondering if it’s just coincidentally our immediate world, or if it’s becoming more widespread.

I’m asking in reference to this quote from Ra, which is one of my considerations:
’Ra’ Wrote:This is not only correct but we suggest you take this concept further and understand the great number of entities with the so-called mental diseases being due to the effect of this green-ray true color upon the mental configurations of those unready mentally to face the self for the first time.

I’m of course not stigmatizing mental illness, I was just wondering about this… for quite some time actually.
The standards of labeling states of being as "mental illness" is constantly changing, so I am not sure there is "more" now than there were. What we call some mental illnesses now were considered variations of personality/identity 50 years ago, and some things that were considered mental illness 50 years ago are now variations of personality/identity. If you remove the labels/names and categorizations of mental illnesses, you are left with just a planet full of a HUGE endless variety of people who are all incarnating for very personal reasons, and "mental illness" is a catalyst for learning and teaching. Whether there is "more" of it is hard to know because the standards are not static.
(10-11-2021, 08:54 AM)anicolai Wrote: [ -> ]The standards of labeling states of being as "mental illness" is constantly changing, so I am not sure there is "more" now than there were.  What we call some mental illnesses now were considered variations of personality/identity 50 years ago, and some things that were considered mental illness 50 years ago are now variations of personality/identity.  If you remove the labels/names and categorizations of mental illnesses, you are left with just a planet full of a HUGE endless variety of people who are all incarnating for very personal reasons, and "mental illness" is a catalyst for learning and teaching.  Whether there is "more" of it is hard to know because the standards are not static.

Well yes, diagnosis is always problematic, so I'll be more specific and narrow it down to people who periodically end up in psychiatric institutions and who are taking some potent daily cocktail of psychiatric drugs.
Humanity is suffering from what you call mental illness, it is mental sickness playing out on the matrix of our existence. "When a mass hysteria causes physical symptoms, it is called mass psychogenic illness or epidemic hysteria. The symptoms are caused by the stress and anxiety people experience due to the perceived threat [19]. Mass hysteria is infectious [20] and may be a contributing and amplifying factor in real epidemics. Feb. 3, 2021" COVID-19 and the Political Economy of Mass Hysteria - NCBIhttps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov › articles › PMC7913136

"Mass psychogenic illness (MPI), also called mass sociogenic illness, mass psychogenic disorder, epidemic hysteria, or mass hysteria, is the rapid spread of illness signs and symptoms affecting members of a cohesive group, originating from a nervous system disturbance involving excitation, loss, or alteration of function, whereby physical complaints that are exhibited unconsciously have no corresponding organic aetiology.[1]" Wiki

This is what is meant by chaos in many spiritual teachings for this time of what they call ascension or harvest. What that means is moving on the another density. This is a time of great tribulation. As I walk among my brothers and sister, double/triple jabbed, they walk about so afraid, wearing masks and more than willing to blame different ones for this problem. This is fed by the mass media, every day, 2 or 5 times a day, then fed by governments, etc. It is fear of death and and they are losing their ability to think for themselves. I have studied this and it appears that in these cases, they create the symptoms of the virus. Because we are very powerful beings, we are tricked into doing ourselves in by this who understand how creations works and how to use mind control.

If you listen to Seth, you will have a much greater understanding of what is actually going on which opens one's heart and mind to the truth. Here is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EoDWu8XZbI
Just spent about 15 minutes looking for incidence rate changes over time. I could not find anything with overall data. However if you search for individual disorder data you can find some information.

Schizophrenia- Relatively stable over time at a per capita rate.
Autism- Increased from several per 10,000 children to 1.6% of boys and .6% of girls since 1950s.
Depression- Increased at a minimum of 10 times the previous rate to a maximum of 1000 times. Antidepressant use increased from 1988 to 2008 by 400% and currently 11% of Americans are estimated to be on antidepressants, and 10% estimated to have a major depressive episode in their lifetime.
Anxiety- Apparently this one has increased so much that the average school child in the 1980s had as much anxiety as the average psychiatric patient with anxiety of school age in the 1950s, this is from two meta analysis done around the year 2000.
PTSD- Stable or even slightly down since the 1990s.
ADD and ADHD- Increased from roughly 5.7% in 1997 to 9.7% in 2020 in children aged 3-17.
Psychopathy, Sociopathy, and Narcissistic Personality Disorder- Some empirical evidence of increasing incidence but not conclusive. Speculation is out there though. Not surprising the incidence is much higher in Washington DC than the rest of country, also much higher in the surrounding states and Northeastern states in general. Also much more common in Urban areas than rural.

In regard to the statement of Ra. It should be kept in mind that the entire modern history of psychology pretty much started around the beginning of the green ray transition. We have now completed the transition and if that statement is accurate, we are may see a plateau of incidence rates, but not necessarily as we still haven't made the actual transition.

In my brief look at this it seems that among classical disorders, Schizophrenia, Bipolar, etc., there has been little to no increase. Among the disorders such as Depression and Anxiety, it has skyrocketed. 10% of the global population is estimated to have a mental health disorder at this time.

Personally I know a significant number of people who are dealing with mental illness or have at some point.
(10-11-2021, 03:47 AM)YinYang Wrote: [ -> ]Is anyone noticing an uptick in mental illness – family, friends, workplace, social gatherings, etc.

Yes - this can be confirmed. It's often very subtle but it is there.
It can be felt in the group consciousness too.

It's often a displacement activity in the struggle of the Great Reset.
The people don't want to accept the transformation and try to escape into something like a obsessive retain on old behavior pattern.
But unconsciously they know that this will not work ...
(10-11-2021, 12:10 PM)Nikki Wrote: [ -> ]If you listen to Seth, you will have a much greater understanding of what is actually going on which opens one's heart and mind to the truth.  Here is the link:

This is very good. I remember reading Seth on disasters and epidemics many, many years ago, and it made perfect sense to me. What Seth has to say aligns with Ra, though those of Ra cut more to a concise and loaded sentence or two—as usual—and imply more than is said.

I wonder if the uptick in mental illness has to do with cognitive dissonance being more and more exposed or unable to sustain itself. If we are moving into a time of more transparency, it will become more and more difficult to maintain self-delusion (of which likely every person in 3D engages in to some degree). Turning inward to face self-accountability and self-responsibility is a huge can of worms for most humans to open given the ways in which survival takes precedence in 3D.

I have also noticed that physical issues are manifesting more quickly from various mental constructs (stress, anxiety, and psychological reasons Seth touches on) even in the last few months. This is definitely a time, in my opinion, to step back and get a larger view of what is going on in the world unencumbered by the media, and simultaneously get more in touch with one's inner world.

Also, speaking to what Seth said, the pandemic offers an opportunity for people to exit this life/reality. And it would make sense that it would be happening for many, since this is a transitional time. For example, if someone has a heart condition, it seems to me that Covid would give that person a psychological doorway to just go, rather than hang on mentally to some "cure" which might be found or just to string themselves along with medications, if it is their plan/inner wish to be finished with this reality and move on to the next thing.
YinYang, here is a fitting quote of channeling:

https://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/i..._0623.aspx Wrote:Gary: That was illuminating. Thank you, Q'uo. I've got another spontaneous one. In a similar vein, Ra described that the impact of the increasing fourth-density light was such that, for some entities, instead of moving upward into greater collective and green-ray considerations, they experienced something of a regression or reversion, in my paraphrase. That is, they reverted to considerations of self and the orange ray. Ra added that there are many upon our plane in this state at that time. (Ra 41.14)

Can you speak to how that particular input affects the collective soup at this time?

Q’uo: I am Q'uo, and I am aware of the query, my brother. We appreciate the scope of this question as it relates to your present condition, for we find that, in the time since those of Ra offered this perspective, the dynamic at play has increased upon your planet, and even more fourth-density light is becoming available. And thus the condition described by those of Ra increases, both in the positive or beneficial aspects or in the seemingly difficult aspects of individuals reverting to more primal stages of development and perception.

To speak to the effects of this dynamic upon the so-called collective soup of your planetary sphere, we point to what seems to be, to this instrument and to many others, a growing polarization among the collective need to organize, also called the political realm of your society, as well as the ever-present streak among your peoples of fear about the state of your political world or your world in general.

The fear and polarization is not a new dynamic, for we find that it has been present ever since the first forms of government or collective society have existed upon your planet. Yet, as your planet is now more connected and varied in government and society with the addition of this fourth-density energy, we find that it is indeed stronger than ever in the history of your planet. And yet, as we spoke to within the previous query, this creates a certain accentuation so that your peoples, as a collective, may see more clearly that this reversion, which results in greater fear and greater polarization among social perspectives, is an aspect of your society that needs addressed. Though there are many differences in perspective among the many various factions, we find that the awareness of the need and desire to build common ground is also stronger than ever upon your planet.

And so, through this greater impact of fourth-density energy that may create a reversion among individuals and groups to more basic expressions in the lower chakras, the fourth-density energy also offers its light in terms of a shared awareness of what is happening. And through this reversion, as the individual's worldview shrinks and focuses more towards the individual or towards the close tribe, this focus offers its own catalyst that, if inevitably utilized by the individual, the fourth-density nature of this reversion may become clear, more so than in your planet's history. And through such a reversion, the individual may experience somewhat of a death and rebirth, as the catalyst generated by this reversion becomes increasingly harsh and chips away at the individual that experiences the reversion.

The strength of this energy that generates this dynamic is correlated also to the potential for transformation. And thus, you may see that this dynamic described by those of Ra may seem, in a sense, undesirable, it is, in fact, a great opportunity; and though a moment like your present may seem to generate despair, it will ultimately, we believe, result in unprecedented and unexpected transformation of collective will and collective purpose shaped upon the foundation of the love and understanding innate within these fourth-density energies that bombard your planet at this time.

You may, as seekers, open yourselves to this energy and allow it to potentiate your actions and find guidance within it, for this energy or light, as it is filtered through your Logos and your planet, weaves together the intelligences of those beings and your collective, and generates a potential social memory complex to form that you may aid by allowing yourself to place your faith in this process and in this loving and intelligent light that is available at this time.
(10-12-2021, 11:42 AM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-11-2021, 12:10 PM)Nikki Wrote: [ -> ]If you listen to Seth, you will have a much greater understanding of what is actually going on which opens one's heart and mind to the truth.  Here is the link:

This is very good. I remember reading Seth on disasters and epidemics many, many years ago, and it made perfect sense to me. What Seth has to say aligns with Ra, though those of Ra cut more to a concise and loaded sentence or two—as usual—and imply more than is said.

I wonder if the uptick in mental illness has to do with cognitive dissonance being more and more exposed or unable to sustain itself. If we are moving into a time of more transparency, it will become more and more difficult to maintain self-delusion (of which likely every person in 3D engages in to some degree). Turning inward to face self-accountability and self-responsibility is a huge can of worms for most humans to open given the ways in which survival takes precedence in 3D.

I have also noticed that physical issues are manifesting more quickly from various mental constructs (stress, anxiety, and psychological reasons Seth touches on) even in the last few months. This is definitely a time, in my opinion, to step back and get a larger view of what is going on in the world unencumbered by the media, and simultaneously get more in touch with one's inner world.

Also, speaking to what Seth said, the pandemic offers an opportunity for people to exit this life/reality. And it would make sense that it would be happening for many, since this is a transitional time. For example, if someone has a heart condition, it seems to me that Covid would give that person a psychological doorway to just go, rather than hang on mentally to some "cure" which might be found or just to string themselves along with medications, if it is their plan/inner wish to be finished with this reality and move on to the next thing.

Thank you, beautifully expressed.  Agree with all that you posted, could not of said it better.   Heart
I had to vanish for a a bit when work got too hectic, but thanks for all the responses. I'll take some time to watch the video and read the Quo session this weekend. I'm quite new to Seth, only started reading 'Seth Speaks' a few weeks ago, and I quite like it thus far, much food for thought in there.

Saw this news article yesterday in The Guardian - Psychosis cases soar in England as pandemic hits mental health
Chiming back in here for a moment since ADHD was mentioned....

I am a student of the Seth material and am very glad he was brought up. He makes more sense than most when it comes to everyday existence and awareness.

But Kryon, who I also adore, talks about Indigo Children...children born who are coming into the world with 4D attributes. I am severely generalizing here, but many "symptoms" of ADHD in children are consistent with Indigo Children, and they are operating in a different way than children of decades past. I worked with some of these kids in the late 90's when I was a classroom assistant and ran an after school program where I was present with kids, not just moderating. The souls incarnating now are old souls coming in to assist with the shift...the old system that is struggling to stay relevant is trying to form them to it's old-energy mold with medication and other "therapies" that only stunt the gifts they came here to express.

I am curious to know what Q'uo has to say about the new generation and how they do and do not mesh with the older system, and how their enhanced attributes will help the world move forward in benevolence and peace.
I would say increased cognitive dissonance due to advanced STS societal programming and telepathic interference.
I still haven’t done my due diligence and gone through the links (which I’m leaving for this weekend), but as I’m thinking about this and watching the world, I’m forming my own opinion about factors which I think are driving this.

There’s another quote in the Ra material which comes to mind.

’Ra’ Wrote:
The Earth seems to be negative. That is due to the quiet, shall we say, horror which is the common distortion which those good or positively oriented entities have towards the occurrences which are of your space/time present. However, those oriented and harvestable in the ways of service to others greatly outnumber those whose orientation towards service to self has become that of harvestable quality.

So we finally capitulated to peer pressure and watched Squid Game… and it’s quite disturbing. And then a day or so ago I saw this article in the news.

South Korea's millennials say their lives aren't that different from 'Squid Game' as they face a crisis of mounting debt, unaffordable homes, and dead-end jobs

I think there is a widespread hopelessness, when young people can’t even entertain the prospect of buying a home anymore the world over. You're basically seeing inflation that's out of control. They’re panicking about staying afloat financially, then Covid hit and countless layoffs ensued, along with business closures. 

In China this hopelessness shows itself with the “lying flat” phenomenon:

'Lying flat': The millennials quitting China's '996' work culture to live 'free of anxiety'

Mix all of this with the dystopian entertainment on TV nowadays, and the endless stream of horror in the news, and it’s kind of the perfect storm. I think there’s a breaking point for many, and I think that’s what we’re starting to see.

My mom also mentioned something the other day (she’s in her 80s) which is so true. She said what passes for entertainment on TV these days is an indication of how sick society has become. She said in her day they had Sound of Music, Gone With The Wind, etc. There was a dignity in entertainment. Now it’s just debasement, dystopia, and disturbing content… and this poetic alliteration of mine was unintentional. It’s as if shock is the main driver in entertainment.

This of course is a wide-ranging topic, so the above thoughts are just some puzzle pieces... in a very complex puzzle.
(10-21-2021, 09:39 AM)anicolai Wrote: [ -> ]I am a student of the Seth material and am very glad he was brought up.  He makes more sense than most when it comes to everyday existence and awareness.

I must say, it's quite novel idea for an entity to request to write his own book, and I'm really enjoying Seth Speaks. I think I'm on Chapter 10 or thereabouts.

I believe Jane Roberts was also a prolific author in her own right.
(10-22-2021, 05:23 AM)YinYang Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-21-2021, 09:39 AM)anicolai Wrote: [ -> ]I am a student of the Seth material and am very glad he was brought up.  He makes more sense than most when it comes to everyday existence and awareness.

I must say, it's quite novel idea for an entity to request to write his own book, and I'm really enjoying Seth Speaks. I think I'm on Chapter 10 or thereabouts.

I believe Jane Roberts was also a prolific author in her own right.

Yes, she was a poet and wrote a few novels outside of the Oversoul Seven series, which is a fictional trilogy based on the Seth material.  I have learned so much through their books.

My diet for television has dramatically reduced to nearly nothing.  Occasionally if I'm in just one of those moods where reading or making art doesn't appeal to me, I might roll through the channels to see what is on.  I can watch a handful of people be killed just through channel surfing if the scenes are timed just right.  And then I reach "Wipeout", which my mother loved and made her laugh so much in her later years, and I wonder how she endured hours of it.  2 minutes max for me.  And then once just for kicks I watched an episode of Fear Factor and it felt like a visual lobotomy.  I have not watched Squid Game and I still have no idea what it is about.
(10-22-2021, 04:24 AM)YinYang Wrote: [ -> ]I still haven’t done my due diligence and gone through the links (which I’m leaving for this weekend), but as I’m thinking about this and watching the world, I’m forming my own opinion about factors which I think are driving this.

’Ra’ Wrote:
The Earth seems to be negative. That is due to the quiet, shall we say, horror which is the common distortion which those good or positively oriented entities have towards the occurrences which are of your space/time present. However, those oriented and harvestable in the ways of service to others greatly outnumber those whose orientation towards service to self has become that of harvestable quality.

So we finally capitulated to peer pressure and watched Squid Game… and it’s quite disturbing. And then a day or so ago I saw this article in the news.

South Korea's millennials say their lives aren't that different from 'Squid Game' as they face a crisis of mounting debt, unaffordable homes, and dead-end jobs

I think there is a widespread hopelessness, when young people can’t even entertain the prospect of buying a home anymore the world over. You're basically seeing inflation that's out of control. They’re panicking about staying afloat financially, then Covid hit and countless layoffs ensued, along with business closures. 

'Lying flat': The millennials quitting China's '996' work culture to live 'free of anxiety'

Mix all of this with the dystopian entertainment on TV nowadays, and the endless stream of horror in the news, and it’s kind of the perfect storm. I think there’s a breaking point for many, and I think that’s what we’re starting to see.

My mom also mentioned something the other day (she’s in her 80s) which is so true. She said what passes for entertainment on TV these days is an indication of how sick society has become. She said in her day they had Sound of Music, Gone With The Wind, etc. There was a dignity in entertainment. Now it’s just debasement, dystopia, and disturbing content… and this poetic alliteration of mine was unintentional. It’s as if shock is the main driver in entertainment.

This of course is a wide-ranging topic, so the above thoughts are just some puzzle pieces... in a very complex puzzle.

Yes, I think we often discount the harm that comes from stress and anxiety. The way our society is structured forces many into rigid and stressful daily routines which some people simply aren't compatible with, and since they aren't able to integrate into this structure they are considered to have a disorder or disability. 

We spend most of our waking life working with the promise that it will allow us to support a comfortable lifestyle and raise a family, but that no longer the case for the most part. The prevalent culture is one where work is valued over rest and "laziness" and unemployment are considered moral failings. People are busy busy busy with little time to recuperate, and there's an added layer of financial stress from debt or high cost of living. People who are busy all the time also have less opportunity to develop meaning in their lives. The result is a state of alienation and quiet desperation. When one is operating under a lot of stress for an extended period it takes a toll on both their mental and physical health. This situation is only getting worse as time goes on, and the pandemic certainly didn't help things on that front, so I can see why there are increasing rates of mental illness.

Picking up the thread on ADHD, are there really more cases of ADHD in recent times or is it that more people are being diagnosed who would have flown under the radar previously? ADHD is a genetic adaptation for the most part, and may have actually been an advantage in hunter-gatherer societies: https://www.healthline.com/health/adhd/evolution

Just some thoughts.
(10-22-2021, 02:09 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2021, 04:24 AM)YinYang Wrote: [ -> ]I still haven’t done my due diligence and gone through the links (which I’m leaving for this weekend), but as I’m thinking about this and watching the world, I’m forming my own opinion about factors which I think are driving this.

’Ra’ Wrote:

Yes, I think we often discount the harm that comes from stress and anxiety. The way our society is structured forces many into rigid and stressful daily routines which some people simply aren't compatible with, and since they aren't able to integrate into this structure they are considered to have a disorder or disability. 

We spend most of our waking life working with the promise that it will allow us to support a comfortable lifestyle and raise a family, but that no longer the case for the most part. The prevalent culture is one where work is valued over rest and "laziness" and unemployment are considered moral failings. People are busy busy busy with little time to recuperate, and there's an added layer of financial stress from debt or high cost of living. People who are busy all the time also have less opportunity to develop meaning in their lives. The result is a state of alienation and quiet desperation. When one is operating under a lot of stress for an extended period it takes a toll on both their mental and physical health. This situation is only getting worse as time goes on, and the pandemic certainly didn't help things on that front, so I can see why there are increasing rates of mental illness.

Picking up the thread on ADHD, are there really more cases of ADHD in recent times or is it that more people are being diagnosed who would have flown under the radar previously? ADHD is a genetic adaptation for the most part, and may have actually been an advantage in hunter-gatherer societies: https://www.healthline.com/health/adhd/evolution

Just some thoughts

I also see a lot of the mental illness we see in today's culture being a result of the times we live in. Not only are more people diagnosed because conditions are more normalized, but our society sets up a lot of people to develop a mind that is plagued with problems. The availability of distractions that take us apart from each other is astounding. We have taken all that our egos have been feeding us about being separate from each other and believing it for generations resulting in a structure that seeks to separate us possibly more than bring us together. This belief in separation, loneliness, etc has led to a lot of depression and anxiety.

Not to say any of this makes mental illness any easier to deal with for those that deal (myself, and pretty much everyone i know included). Its tough out here, but love shines through eventually.
(10-22-2021, 03:23 PM)pat19989 Wrote: [ -> ]I also see a lot of the mental illness we see in today's culture being a result of the times we live in. Not only are more people diagnosed because conditions are more normalized, but our society sets up a lot of people to develop a mind that is plagued with problems. The availability of distractions that take us apart from each other is astounding. We have taken all that our egos have been feeding us about being separate from each other and believing it for generations resulting in a structure that seeks to separate us possibly more than bring us together. This belief in separation, loneliness, etc has led to a lot of depression and anxiety.

Not to say any of this makes mental illness any easier to deal with for those that deal (myself, and pretty much everyone i know included). Its tough out here, but love shines through eventually.

I agree with your main point, society is enabling mental illness. But I see the mechanism being not just a normalization or acceptance, but one of mental illness, and victim mentality in general, being upheld as morally superior and most importantly as part of the identity construct of the individual. This is evident in the language used of illness and diseases of mental and physical nature where the person owns the illness. When people are validated and given attention for being ill or a victim, above what other people are given for positive traits or overcoming adversity, then a perverse incentive is created to be a victim or be ill. Combined with ownership of the illness and taking that in as part of themselves, it makes the prevalence increase much more.
Following on what YinYang and anicolai, and all of you are saying, the amount of distraction is really incredible. Perhaps there is in fact a feeling of nausea not just from here on this thread, from us, I have a feeling we are not alone here in this. Humans will look for hope definitely.