Bring4th

Full Version: Growing Crystal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Brittany

Okay, this is really random, and it probably sounds dumb, but here goes.

I have an ENORMOUS crystal collection. There is one particular smoky quartz that I keep by my bed. It is deep black, set in clear quartz. Today I went to clean it off, and realized that tons of tiny, new crystals have started growing upon it, making it look like the night sky sprinkled with stars.

I know crystals can do stuff like that while they're still in the earth, but when they're just sitting on a desk? None of my other crystals have ever done anything like this. I suppose this could be normal and my non-scientific brain just hasn't heard of it, but I was wondering if it could be reacting to my energy or something?

Anyone else encounter anything like this?
(12-16-2010, 10:02 PM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, this is really random, and it probably sounds dumb, but here goes.

I have an ENORMOUS crystal collection. There is one particular smoky quartz that I keep by my bed. It is deep black, set in clear quartz. Today I went to clean it off, and realized that tons of tiny, new crystals have started growing upon it, making it look like the night sky sprinkled with stars.

I know crystals can do stuff like that while they're still in the earth, but when they're just sitting on a desk? None of my other crystals have ever done anything like this. I suppose this could be normal and my non-scientific brain just hasn't heard of it, but I was wondering if it could be reacting to my energy or something?

Anyone else encounter anything like this?
How long did the new growth take? How long was it dirty?
Can you take a picture of it and post it?
I'm not a geologist myself, but my father and sister are. I might be able to find some answers for you.
I don't think the query is stupid at all. I haven't yet read or heard any convincing theory on crystal formation so I wouldn't dare snip my imagination on the subject. I think there's so much we don't know about crystals.
Is your smoky quartz naturally or artificially irradiated?
ps. smoky quartz is the tops

Meerie

(12-16-2010, 10:02 PM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]I suppose this could be normal and my non-scientific brain just hasn't heard of it, but I was wondering if it could be reacting to my energy or something?

The first thing that popped into my mind when I read it is beside your bed... you are having all these incredible dreams right?
could they feed your quartz? You know all that energy that you seem to experience in your dreams... could it somehow transfer and make the quartz grow? Just a thought.
That is the orobouros in your picture, right? Smile

Brittany

I dust the crystal off every now and then, whenever it looks really dusty, and I cleanse it when I clean the house. Could dust possibly form crystals??? I'm not sure how long the growth took, because I noticed it out of nowhere, but I don't pick that crystal up and really look at it that often.

It would be awesome if my energy was feeding the crystal and making it grow. It is such a nice smokey- very quiet. It absorbs negativity quite nicely.

Yes, that is the Orobouros in my picture, Meerie. Smile
If I remember correctly, quartz crystals need many years of heat and pressure to form. Also, thank you. Your post reminded me to bring out my own smoky quartz crystals for the eclipse tonightSmile
HI i lived in penang malaysia growing up and there was a shop there that sold rocks and crystals for my birthday i got a pourous rock that was infused with quartz. what the shop guy told me and which i did was sprinkle small pieces of white quartz over the rock and spray it with water every now and then. after about a year of this yo ucould cleary see the crystal growing larger. was really amazing
(12-17-2010, 03:50 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]That is the orobouros in your picture, right? Smile

Holy crap, i saw a black/white/gray cow in that pic all untill you said this.... now i can only see it (the cow) if i unfocus.

And ofc, gief pic of the crystal.

Brittany

The avatar I have now is neither the Orobouros nor a cow.

Seeing how I have a digital camera now, I will try to get a good pic of the crystal soon.
For some reason it won't let me upload an attachment, so here is a photobucket link. I included both the front and back of the crystal.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o128/...rstals.jpg

Woah, cool crystal, I like.
maybe Adam is behind it.

Brittany

This crystal has been growing long before contact with Adam began. I have had it for over a year now.
(03-03-2012, 05:47 PM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]The avatar I have now is neither the Orobouros nor a cow.

Are you sure?

Sorry, couldn't hold myself anymore! *bursting into laughs* BigSmile

Unbound

AHAHAHA I see the cow...

As for the crystal, does druzy grow anywhere?