Bring4th

Full Version: What could this mean? (About my personal life)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is nothing big, just asking for some help!

So. I've been having some troubles with my ex-girlfriend, and her boyfriend. Well, let be explain the whole thing. I don't know why I'm sharing this with you, I really don't, but I just feel like I should...

Six months ago, I contacted my ex-girlfriend. We hadn't been talking for like a year, so I decided it's a good moment. And actually, I had a good reason to talk to her, because I wanted to tell something to her. It was about lying, I wanted to reveal one lie that I had carried with me for a long time. Well, that went very well. She didn't take it hardly at all, actually she just laughed.

So we began talking, and had lots of fun. After a while, his boyfriend became very jealous about it, or something. He's very acquisitive (or possessive) person, so he couldn't handle the fact that his girlfriend was talking to her ex. So, I decided to back off a little bit. After a while, ex contacted me again and wanted to talk. I don't remember how it went, I think I just said, that I don't want to destroy your relationship or something.

Then one night, I felt very lonely, so I wrote a text message to her, telling how I kind of miss her. She was very positive towards me, and said she'd feel the same. Well, his boyfriend read the message, and got upset, of course. So, one day he called me. He asked me if his girlfriend (and my ex, should be clear by now) had answered to me. Well, I knew, that if I said yes, he would leave her. So I tried to avoid answering it, but eventually said something like "Yes but we didn't talk". Few minutes later my ex-girlfriend (let's just name her Julie for your sake. And her boyfriend is Alex) called me, and told me to take back my words or something. So I called Alex again, and lied to him, that I had cheated him. He believed me, and so their relationship continued. Alex told me to never talk to Julie again.

Few weeks later Julie called me, that everything had went wrong and her life had just fallen apart. Well, I helped her and so-on, tried to ease her pain. She was pregnant, too. She said, that she wouldn't care about Alex anymore, and just wanted to leave him, for he had "cheated" her on the internet and phone or something. I don't know. But days passed, and one day she said that their realtionship would be over. Again, weeks passed, and we're finally getting to this moment.

So, we talked quite a bit during these few weeks. The big thing is, that everytime we tried to talk, there would be some problems with cellphones and such. Sometimes I couldn't contact her at all, because there was no connection to her phone or something, even though it was on and everything. It actually seems, that I'm the only one he really had problems with. And I mean technical problems. Sure, there were few other cases aswell. But everytime we talked, her phone would suddenly go boom and lose connection to me. One day her cellphone actually stopped working in the middle of our conversation and she had to get a new one. Fortunately, it was christmas time, so she got a new one quickly.

But that's not all, I did have "the feeling", that I shouldn't be talking to her, and someone (higher self) is trying to tell me something. I don't know, so let me continue the story.

So we had these "technical problems" with her cellphone, that no-one else seemed to have. It was just me and her. And she often called me from her sister's phone, that "Yeah, it's my phone again". She didn't have "talk time" (I don't know the proper word in English) left in her phone, so she couldn't call me. She always had depleted it just when I contacted her. And no, she did not try to avoid me. Really! I'm very sure about that, so let's forget it, allright?

Let's move on. She lives about 300 kilometers from my town, so we cannot meet everyday. Actually, we haven't, for like 3 years. But anyways, last week she actually visited Helsinki (the town I live in, it's in Finland). We were supposed to see each other, but somehow it just didn't work. I actually got this feeling in the morning, that someone tried to tell me "don't go there!". And her friend didn't want us to meet somehow. They where very much against the idea. So we didn't meet.

Today, I texted her like "hi! would you like to text with me this evening?". But of course, in Finnish. I also got this strange feeling, that "why in earth did I add "this evening" to the message. I still don't know, maybe it's nothing. Or maybe it is. Anyways, few moments later she responded me like "have we talked before?". Like she wouldn't know. And I was like "whaat?". So "she" called me. But when I answered, it was actually Alex (her boyfriend) talking. I was like wtf.

He asked me if I had talked to Julie before. I felt, that I should lie again, and pretended to be someone else, than I am. He believed it, and actually told me that they are still dating. Of course, he didn't mention that they had "broken up" or something, and I decided to shut up about it. Things went well, and later when he texted me with very angry tone, I told him, that I don't want to be a part of this conflict, just leave me alone.

And as I'm thinking now, it was a great thing, that I didn't really talk much to Julie. Or met her either. Man, Alex would tear him apart if he heard about it. Could these things happen by purpose? Of course, and I really feel that's the case.

So here I am. He tried to call me during this message, but I didn't answer. You've heard my story, and hopefully understood it. But here comes my big question:
What am I supposed to do? I feel that there is a very big catalyst going on for me, but I don't understand, what it is.
Should I be part of this conflict again, or just leave it alone? I mean, I'm very confused. And when I thought about this thing, Bring4th just popped up on my mind, and I really wanted to share this thing with you! Don't know why, really. As I have finished writing this, I actually feel alot better now.

But my big question still is, what am I supposed to do? Is this a great deal of catalyst offered to me? And how should I respond to it. I have tried to act so, that their relationship would be okay. But should I just walk away now?

I know there isn't much you can tell me, but I would still appreciate some responses, just to feel better about this thing. And I appreciate it alot, if you read through all this stuff. I quess I just wanted to share my pain with you. You guys are very important to me! Thanks alot for creating this magnificent forum, everyone!
hey xplosiw

what are your feelings towards her? just friendship or would you like there to be something more?
i would suggest that their relationship dramas are for them to work out by themselves - you have no responsibility for their relationship or for the lies they choose to tell each other. if you find yourself being drawn into their games then, if it were me, that's not a situation i'd feel comfortable in

the technical glitches i would also take as a sign to leave alone. i always think that things that are meant to be are easy, things that become complicated or where you find there are continual obstacles blocking your path deserve close attention to see if they're really worth pursuing
Thanks for your kind response! I really feel that I just want to be friend with her, nothing more. Like good friends. Afterall, we are very similar and get along very nicely. But I couldn't seriously date her anymore.

The last phrase you typed, it really felt like ten tons had dropped off my shoulders. Don't know why, but I feel that's exactly what I should do! Just leave it. Yeah.

You know, it can be very hard to think in situations like this, when there are millions of other things confusing you. But just coming here and letting everything out really eased my pain!
Smile no reason why you can't be friends with her when she's in a more harmonious place - good friendships should enhance lives, not complicate them, i'm sure you'll be there for her if she needs you in the future x

fairyfarmgirl

I always follow the rule that if it is really annoyingly difficult to get somewhere with lots of technical difficulty and misunderstandings: Then wait and see why this is so. The universe always reveals the reason(s) why.

fairyfarmgirl
' I
really feel that I just want to be
friend with her, nothing more. Like
good friends. Afterall, we are very
similar and get along very nicely. But
I couldn't seriously date her
anymore.'

What if you told the jealous boyfriend this, just exactly what you feel? It may put to rest any suspicions he would have, and allow you the open communication that you desire.
Love and Peace

(01-05-2011, 06:14 PM)Xplosiw Wrote: [ -> ]This is nothing big, just asking for some help!

So. I've been having some troubles with my ex-girlfriend, and her boyfriend. Well, let be explain the whole thing. I don't know why I'm sharing this with you, I really don't, but I just feel like I should...

Six months ago, I contacted my ex-girlfriend. We hadn't been talking for like a year, so I decided it's a good moment. And actually, I had a good reason to talk to her, because I wanted to tell something to her. It was about lying, I wanted to reveal one lie that I had carried with me for a long time. Well, that went very well. She didn't take it hardly at all, actually she just laughed.

So we began talking, and had lots of fun. After a while, his boyfriend became very jealous about it, or something. He's very acquisitive (or possessive) person, so he couldn't handle the fact that his girlfriend was talking to her ex. So, I decided to back off a little bit. After a while, ex contacted me again and wanted to talk. I don't remember how it went, I think I just said, that I don't want to destroy your relationship or something.

Then one night, I felt very lonely, so I wrote a text message to her, telling how I kind of miss her. She was very positive towards me, and said she'd feel the same. Well, his boyfriend read the message, and got upset, of course. So, one day he called me. He asked me if his girlfriend (and my ex, should be clear by now) had answered to me. Well, I knew, that if I said yes, he would leave her. So I tried to avoid answering it, but eventually said something like "Yes but we didn't talk". Few minutes later my ex-girlfriend (let's just name her Julie for your sake. And her boyfriend is Alex) called me, and told me to take back my words or something. So I called Alex again, and lied to him, that I had cheated him. He believed me, and so their relationship continued. Alex told me to never talk to Julie again.

Few weeks later Julie called me, that everything had went wrong and her life had just fallen apart. Well, I helped her and so-on, tried to ease her pain. She was pregnant, too. She said, that she wouldn't care about Alex anymore, and just wanted to leave him, for he had "cheated" her on the internet and phone or something. I don't know. But days passed, and one day she said that their realtionship would be over. Again, weeks passed, and we're finally getting to this moment.

So, we talked quite a bit during these few weeks. The big thing is, that everytime we tried to talk, there would be some problems with cellphones and such. Sometimes I couldn't contact her at all, because there was no connection to her phone or something, even though it was on and everything. It actually seems, that I'm the only one he really had problems with. And I mean technical problems. Sure, there were few other cases aswell. But everytime we talked, her phone would suddenly go boom and lose connection to me. One day her cellphone actually stopped working in the middle of our conversation and she had to get a new one. Fortunately, it was christmas time, so she got a new one quickly.

But that's not all, I did have "the feeling", that I shouldn't be talking to her, and someone (higher self) is trying to tell me something. I don't know, so let me continue the story.

So we had these "technical problems" with her cellphone, that no-one else seemed to have. It was just me and her. And she often called me from her sister's phone, that "Yeah, it's my phone again". She didn't have "talk time" (I don't know the proper word in English) left in her phone, so she couldn't call me. She always had depleted it just when I contacted her. And no, she did not try to avoid me. Really! I'm very sure about that, so let's forget it, allright?

Let's move on. She lives about 300 kilometers from my town, so we cannot meet everyday. Actually, we haven't, for like 3 years. But anyways, last week she actually visited Helsinki (the town I live in, it's in Finland). We were supposed to see each other, but somehow it just didn't work. I actually got this feeling in the morning, that someone tried to tell me "don't go there!". And her friend didn't want us to meet somehow. They where very much against the idea. So we didn't meet.

Today, I texted her like "hi! would you like to text with me this evening?". But of course, in Finnish. I also got this strange feeling, that "why in earth did I add "this evening" to the message. I still don't know, maybe it's nothing. Or maybe it is. Anyways, few moments later she responded me like "have we talked before?". Like she wouldn't know. And I was like "whaat?". So "she" called me. But when I answered, it was actually Alex (her boyfriend) talking. I was like wtf.

He asked me if I had talked to Julie before. I felt, that I should lie again, and pretended to be someone else, than I am. He believed it, and actually told me that they are still dating. Of course, he didn't mention that they had "broken up" or something, and I decided to shut up about it. Things went well, and later when he texted me with very angry tone, I told him, that I don't want to be a part of this conflict, just leave me alone.

And as I'm thinking now, it was a great thing, that I didn't really talk much to Julie. Or met her either. Man, Alex would tear him apart if he heard about it. Could these things happen by purpose? Of course, and I really feel that's the case.

So here I am. He tried to call me during this message, but I didn't answer. You've heard my story, and hopefully understood it. But here comes my big question:
What am I supposed to do? I feel that there is a very big catalyst going on for me, but I don't understand, what it is.
Should I be part of this conflict again, or just leave it alone? I mean, I'm very confused. And when I thought about this thing, Bring4th just popped up on my mind, and I really wanted to share this thing with you! Don't know why, really. As I have finished writing this, I actually feel alot better now.

But my big question still is, what am I supposed to do? Is this a great deal of catalyst offered to me? And how should I respond to it. I have tried to act so, that their relationship would be okay. But should I just walk away now?

I know there isn't much you can tell me, but I would still appreciate some responses, just to feel better about this thing. And I appreciate it alot, if you read through all this stuff. I quess I just wanted to share my pain with you. You guys are very important to me! Thanks alot for creating this magnificent forum, everyone!
(01-06-2011, 01:05 AM)Joseph326 Wrote: [ -> ]What if you told the jealous boyfriend this, just exactly what you feel? It may put to rest any suspicions he would have, and allow you the open communication that you desire.

Yeah, well I would like to, but I don't feel like he would listen to me. Se I think it's better just to leave them alone for a while.

And I really appreciate all your help! I'm actually very surprised, that so many have come here and replied. Thanks for your support, love you guys Heart

w/ Love & Light

Brittany

I'm not great at relationship advice, but I've seen this sort of thing happen before. It seems that your ex and her boyfriend are in some kind of destructive cycle with each other. In my personal opinion only, it would be better to avoid the situation until everything has been completely straightened out and everyone can be completely honest with each other. If you think it would work, getting everyone into a conversation and just laying it all out, then I'd go with that, but I am sensing severe blue ray blockages all around, and if you think such an action would provoke an act of violence or bring about trouble you'd rather not be involved in, just stepping back might be the best idea. Remember, you are not responsible for the actions of other people. If this girl contacts you of her own free will, then her ex gets mad, that doesn't make things your fault in any way. However, if you are the once contacting her, you're forcing yourself to be involved and should prepare yourself to face the inevitable consequences. Whether or not it's worth it is up to you. Again, this is only my opinion. I've dealt with a lot of relationship crises, but never something of this nature.
(01-05-2011, 07:37 PM)fairyfarmgirl Wrote: [ -> ]I always follow the rule that if it is really annoyingly difficult to get somewhere with lots of technical difficulty and misunderstandings: Then wait and see why this is so. The universe always reveals the reason(s) why.

fairyfarmgirl

makes a lot of sense. I do something similar...
Yes, I have experienced things like that in the past too. Like, there has been some problems with something, clearly suggesting "Don't do this, please", but I have still wanted to do it, regretting it later.
But they have been very eye-opening lessons to me, now I have enough faith to go with my feelings and follow the clues.
Sending Love and Light to your situation. I pray for the best.

- Gemini Wolf