Bring4th

Full Version: Doubts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I started reading the Ra material. I about 110 pages in the online books. It all made alot of sense to me, but its getting so complicated. The thing I loved about the Law of One was that it was somethng I could simply just feel, instead of having to memorize another system of rules and beliefs. I don't quite understand what the point is. Im having a few doubts. could anyone enlighten me?
I still feel strange, but my mood is shiftng toward a more fearful unbalanced energy, something i havent felt in a long time. Id like to ask a specific question...but Im just confused as to what to believe.\
maybe I should just trust my instincts? or should I believe what ive read? its all so metaphysical. I know there is no room for proof in the pursusit of progress. T
The thing about the Law of One is that, over those years, a whole range of information from basic to advanced was relayed. So, no matter where you are on your path of awakening, there's gonna be a place in that material that suits you, that you can pick up on and begin remembering.

It's different for different people, though... For a wanderer from Ra, the material might practically jump into their head. For a "third density native", the material might seem attracting, but a bit confusing. For me, I only had to read a session or two of the material and I was posting here, way eager, mind blown, remembering what seemed to be common universal knowledge. The material was/is so familiar to me, it seems like I could have had a hand writing it. And yet there are parts of it I don't understand.

Why do you feel like you need to memorize rules or beliefs? The Ra material is the most open, dogma-free spiritual material I've ever read. If you feel like you have to memorize things, or that it's becoming too complicated, you're probably pushing yourself too hard. Don't worry too much about putting constraints on yourself. You're doing a pretty amazing thing just by being here. Smile

I understand about shifting to a more fearful/unbalanced energy. It feels like I'm as imbalanced as I've ever been in my darkest days. But I think it's times like these that challenge your resolve to seek, helping you develop your will.

Also, you could check out the Q'uo material, as it tends to deal with more emotional-based everyday life situations. There is a wealth of information there.
Eno, I commend you for having the courage to express your fears and doubts!

No one here is going to tell you what to believe. Ultimately, it will be up to you.

What we can do is help you work thru your fears and doubts, so that you can decide for yourself.

I don't think it's even important to decide on each item of information as to whether it is true or not. My suggestion is to accept what resonates, and whatever causes doubt or fear in you, either discard or put on the shelf for future reference. What seems fearful now might seem more acceptable a month from now or a year from now, after you've had time to assimilate these new ideas.

I would suggest that it's very likely old religious programming that is triggering your fears, rather than the subject matter itself.

For example, reincarnation is something I totally take for granted, now. However, to someone coming from a fundamentalist religion like Christianity, the topic of reincarnation might be very scary! I had fears and doubts about reincarnation, even though I had past life memories - my Catholic upbringing was that strong!

It took me awhile to let go of that old religious programming.

I remember being very excited about the Law of One, as I read the books. I resonated very strongly with it. Virtually every word rang true for me! And yet, I felt a twinge of fear too, since the ideas were so radical, compared to my previous beliefs.

I was praying for guidance one day on the drive to work, and just as I was expressing my fears, I saw a UFO in the clouds! I felt a wave of love and comfort! This helped me alleviate my fears.

I fully realize that someone might say, "Ah but that was a trick, to get you to believe something false." but it didn't matter to me, because when I saw the UFO, I felt such love, that there was no doubt at all. There still isn't.

That is just my own personal experience.

Not everyone here on this forum accepts all of Ra's words 100%. This isn't a dogma or religion. You are free to accept any of it, or all of it, as you wish.

This alone is another factor that helped me: the very fact that Ra never imposed any doctrine, but was so respectful of free will. This was a huge thing to me, that confirmed the benevolent origin of the information.

Here is a suggestion: Maybe it would help to voice your doubts and fears in a safe place, here on Bring4th. You will probably find that you aren't alone! It might help to discuss these issues with others. No one will judge you and no one will demand blind belief in something you aren't comfortable with.

As an invitation to start that process, I am curious why you feel you must memorize rules. I don't know of any rules in the Law of One at all! What did you read that felt like rules?

Please feel free to share with us, if you wish!

Blessings on your journey! Heart
Which parts are you stuck on? For me, the information got pretty technical when describing the energy centers in-depth..their relationship to each other, balancing, blockages..it is A LOT to take in. I believe it's the end of Book II, or the beginning of III where a good chunk is devoted to the energy centers. I simply decided to just read through it and come back to it again.

But after getting past that point, the information varies again. Did you reach that point in the material? I would suggest to just keep reading. It's not all technical!
actually i never finished the post! haha I ran outa time, but it doesnt matter, the point seemed to get across.

Thanks you for settling me down, I feel a little calmer now.

Free will is so important to me, and, as you said, I have old religous programming that still haunts me from time to time.

Thanks all, I wont rush myself so much haha
(01-05-2011, 10:36 PM)Eno Wrote: [ -> ]I started reading the Ra material. I about 110 pages in the online books. It all made alot of sense to me, but its getting so complicated. The thing I loved about the Law of One was that it was somethng I could simply just feel, instead of having to memorize another system of rules and beliefs. I don't quite understand what the point is. Im having a few doubts. could anyone enlighten me?

its not a set of rules or beliefs. its a portrayal of various parts of the dance that happens in existence. and yes, it has complex parts, inevitably.

simply, you should learn parts of it which interests you. not forcing yourself to understand what you are not interested in. then, when you need to learn something else, come back.

Quote:maybe I should just trust my instincts? or should I believe what ive read? its all so metaphysical. I know there is no room for proof in the pursusit of progress. T

you should pay attention to what interests you. if, you need proof for what interests you, you can do so by establishing various relations in between what you are trying to learn and what you have. if, a proposed and untested system is consistent in itself (without self contradicting) and, part or all of it are able to be observed in actual reality, then it means that system is reliable. what is in Ra is metaphysical to a good measure, but, you can still examine them in the world around you. for example the chakra-ray-energy connections, various interactions in between people who have various different models etc. you will be able to examine these where you work, in your house, your friends etc. after a while you will start seeing the patterns and signs. so it goes.

Quote:I still feel strange, but my mood is shiftng toward a more fearful unbalanced energy, something i havent felt in a long time. Id like to ask a specific question...but Im just confused as to what to believe.\

that may be one of 3 possibilities in my opinion ;

- your mind is expanding, and it is inevitably uncomfortable/frightening opening to a broader vision. the established patterns in societal mind or societal mind may not be wanting to let you go
- you may be facing an internal issue of yours which you were evading
- you may be under various negative effects/emotions due to increasing vibration and expanding mind

of course anything else is possible.
I read the books twice and thought that the information was scattered. Not till I read the study guide did I grasp most of the material.- http://www.scribd.com/doc/12655236/The-L...y-Guide-v2
I seem to be at a loss for wordsBigSmile but thanks to everyone who posted. I feel as if I should approach this in a less ignorant manner. thank you everyone. I hope to grow more in tune with this energy that ive been feeling. I dont think turning back on it is what I want.

Brittany

I'd just like to say that Ra isn't God- and in no way do they claim to be. They themselves state that they don't know everything and there can be mistakes in their data (as well as in the way it is transmitted). Both Ra and Quo strongly encourage their readers to use their own discrimination when it comes to applying their advice to one's life. To force oneself to adhere to a strict set of rules seems to be going against the heart of what the Law of One teaches. There are many things that Ra and Quo have said that I don't particularly agree with or have my doubts about, but I also feel that they give a lot of darn helpful advice and their words come closer to my own personal beliefs than much of anything else I've read, so I just take what means something to me and move on, which is what they ask everyone to do. I wouldn't stress about it too much, but just take what is useful to you and leave the rest.
Welcome Eno. I went through some periods of doubt as well at various points in my reading... It is a radically advanced, and sometimes different sounding system. I think the other members here have given some great advice for you!
they really have. I might change up the order of what I read. I need to meditate more close to the periods of my reading as well. The people here are wonderful! I couldnt ask for better feedback on such a issue. Thank you everyone, your words were not wasted, I feel everyone one of you offered me something of unique value. =) love and light
were can I find the Q'uo material? i have only found references and there sems to be no book labeled as such in the library.
(01-09-2011, 03:34 PM)Eno Wrote: [ -> ]were can I find the Q'uo material? i have only found references and there sems to be no book labeled as such in the library.

http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/tr..._year.aspx
oh haha how stupid of me =P. Thank you