Bring4th

Full Version: On consciously used affirmations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings, loved ones! Let's take a journey Smile

First, a bit of background information about the subject we're about to delve into:
  • Affirmations are phrases/thoughts/beliefs that are said repetitiously, both consciously and unconsciously, that become true for the person who says it. All of us have many affirmations, some may be conscious, and some are probably unconscious. For example, some people habitually greet a rainy day with groans, or sunny days with delight. Generally, feeling up or down because of the weather would be an unconscious affirmation because we're not actively creating feelings/thoughts about the new weather; we're simply reacting by habit to the weather that happens to be.

• Affirmations can be used to improve one's life, and here's how. (Credit to Louise Hay for the analogy) The brain, for the purpose of my explanation, can be imagined to be a very large room full of filing cabinets. Many of us have files for "I'm not good enough," "What if *they* disapprove?," "It'll never work," "All is well," "I'm divinely guided by *entity of choice*, etc. What many of us have never done before is to consciously create a new filing cabinet for things we want in our lives, for example, a filing cabinet devoted to, "I love myself." Personally I've repeated this and many many other affirmations in the last two weeks (having re-discovered the wonderful works of Miss Hay) in order to improve my life and change it to how I want it to be. And it's definitely working Smile

As in the case of the weather, one could change one's own reaction to the weather by affirming, "I greet all weather conditions with joy," repeatedly. Affirmations work through repetition and persistence, so have at it! Lol.

Now, as for why I'm posting this thread, here's the jist of what I want to discuss in this thread.
  • What kind of affirmations have you used in your life, if you have?

• If you were looking to consciously expand your mind, what kind of affirmations would you use? Basically I'm looking to expand my mind/consciousness, think in new, creative ways, learn to approach situations from many different viewpoints, and so on.

• What are some things that you would like to have in your life that could possibly be helped by affirmations? Are you willing to try something new out? Tongue

• Also, some ways we could work together using these sorts of things would be cool. Can you think of any, what are they? I haven't thought of any yet, will post later with some ideas Smile

Heart Peace Love Unity Respect :idea:
Affirmations can be very powerful, they are effectively blueprints for changing your core beliefs. Discipline, gratitude and patience are they keys to unlocking their potential.

They are nothing without intent. With intent, they hold the key to manifestation. As you think them, quiet your mind, believe, for that quiet moment, that they are already true. Feel the joy and gratitude they bring to you.

Always phrase in the positive now. If one continues with an affirmation such as 'I wish I had more money', the intent behind the phrase is actually negative; defining a lack of money in the present moment. 'Thank you for the financial support helping me be of service to others' however, is an excellent one (as long as you genuinely want it in which to support yourself and your ability to serve others in a particular context).

I recently injured my shoulder and use 'Thank you for my healing' throughout the day. I also used them to start my photography business...

My photography business is peaceful, energetic, passionate and in harmony with Earth
My photography business is a gateway for me to give unconditional love
My photography business allows me to teach others to align through my own example of deliberate creation
The photographs I create are done so through the infinite creativity of Source
The photographs I create invoke love and alignment in the viewers
Photography aligns me with Source - I am Tuned In, Tapped In and Turned on!
The freedom and income from my photography business allows me to follow all of my desires
My instinctive style attracts to me people with aligned vibrations

It works very well.

Each morning I start with 'Thank you for this beautiful day of experience, increased health, and opportunity to serve and help others; to choose love.' (it changes day by day, there is no need to be strict.)

Some helpful examples

I am waking into full consciousness, quickly and safely, to become all that I can be

Thank you for the love and light given to me by my guides and guardians
Thank you for my opportunity to serve others
Thank you for my increased health and vitality

Every day, I am more open to receive knowledge, intuition and direction from my higher self
Every day, my health and vitality grows stronger and stronger
Every day, I am getting better at focusing on only that which I desire
Every day, my natural ability to see auras grows stronger
Every day, my understanding of the Universe expands

I am the light of the infinite creator - I have limitless potential
I am embracing, and contributing to, the awakening of this planet
I am creating a life of abundance of love, health, spiritual growth and happiness
I listen to my emotional guidance system, and allow Well Being to flow to me
I trust, and enjoy, the process and journey of life

Set aside 5 minutes each day and make it a regular practice.

I hope that helps brother.
This is an affirmation I wrote 2 years ago for myself and those wishing to do away with "they/them."

We are free, this is fact. To say that freedom isn't free is the greatest untruth. You can no longer control us. We will not buy into your system. We don't want your freedom. We don't yearn for ours, we have it. Freedom can not be taken, therefore we are never without. We are freedom and no one can define it, create an outline or destroy it. We will not give in. Your world can no longer contain us. We have dispelled the illusion. The simulacrum of life is transparent. Truth, life, and freedom all became apparent when we removed you from the equation. I, we, and all are free from your definition and control. We will pursue our dreams unabated. We will return home, return this world home. Return to energy existance in this world and this life. There is no need to go anywhere, we will manifest destiny. We must transcend.
Here is one I wrote last year after meditation.
I didn't really understand affirmations at the time but felt compelled to say it at least once a day, It had amazing effects - hehe It was only later I realised it was an affirmation and the results it had had Smile

The freedom that comes from forgiveness
The power that comes from love
The insight that comes from inside us
The wisdom that comes from above

I open my heart,
With thanks and with love,
Please purify me
To use as you would
Thanks guys Smile

As of now I'm using some affirmations on my depression and healing childhood events... I think that the two are pretty linked anyways! Gonna see if I can heal my depression (and get myself off the meds BigSmile)!

Last night I was talking with the creator (or the voice in my head or my higher self or any number of other things Tongue, but I intended talk with the creator!) and I said something along the lines of, "I want to do this, this, this, this and this." The reply I got was, "prove it" - I tend to say I want to do things, but not always follow through - so I immediately got the /feeling/ from the reply also to meditate, so I meditated! I realized that along with doing affirmations, action is also necessary for them to be most effective...

-"I'm willing and desirous to (do) x"... As a general formula, this works for me Smile
Absolutely, taking action is of the upmost importance.