Bring4th

Full Version: 2006.02.05 Melodies of Fire & Love
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I recently had a session with a clairvoyant who suggested that the Archangel Michael has been working with me over many lifetimes around themes of martial power, leadership, etc.

Subsequently, a very trying experience led me to seek an overarching energy which could encompass both my deep desire for simple devotional practice as well as a deep-seated impulse to take for myself things that I like. [Parenthetically, the conflict here involved recognition of having played the role of a severe persecutor of some who practiced a profound, simple devotional faith (in by-gone lifetimes) owing to my penchant for taking such beauty for myself...and thereby killing it.]

After awhile I hit on the idea of invoking the Archangel Michael energy and it seemed to encompass this quite well.

I found some not so useful information the Internet before I found this Q'uo session: http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is...x#_ftnref1

The passage below would provoke exploration of this paradox and I wonder if other folks might like to discuss it (both the benevolent and malevolent aspects)...or sing about it, as it were?

Quo Wrote:This instrument has [mentally] requested that we ask a question that she received from the British Study Group. That question, as it is within this instrument’s mind, is, “How can one love unconditionally and yet hold the sword of Michael?”

We are those of Q’uo, and aware of this query. The one known as Jim, when apprised of this question, simply said, “One cannot do both. One either must love or one must tell the truth.” And we agree that that is the dynamic that this question raises. If one is to be loving, how can one be wise? If one is to be wise, how can one be loving?

My friends, this query, in and of itself, is a paradox and cannot be answered in words. Yet, we would call to you, for you know and have in your mind and in your heart, live examples and those examples in history that have embodied both love and wisdom. How you shall embody both in your life is great challenge. But we urge you to face it fearlessly.

Remember that the sword of Michael is an archetypal sword held by an archangel. That word “ark” or “arch” is a word which also creates the word architecture, and what an entity is doing when he presumes to hold that sword is to hold the power of what this instrument would call “fire.” Fire in archetypal terms can sometimes mean the truth. It can sometimes mean that which creates. It can sometimes mean that which destroys.

It is an energy that does not seem to bear a relationship with unconditional love and yet, the life of fire is light. Light represents that which was thought by that Thought which created all that there is, which is love. Michael, as an archetypal presence, holds the sword of truth, but it is a truth that gives life. We cannot encourage you enough, if you are interested in this paradox, to go into a meditative space within your mind, within your consciousness, where you will allow the blazing fire of truth and the absolute blessedness of love to occupy you.

Do not attempt to work with it. These energies are much too powerful for you to command. Rest and allow them to play within the circle of your attention and you will begin to see, according to the way that your mind and your heart work, images or shapes, colors or feelings. We do not know what shall arise for you in particular, but allow the canvas of your consciousness to be played upon by the genius of your guidance, using the palette of those energies that you have brought forth in thought. You may see something or it may all occur for you on an unconscious level. Nevertheless, realize that you are doing the work of this question as you submit yourself as an instrument to be taught another note, another song, another melody to sing.
All's I can say is ,wow, peregrine, welcome to my world!

It is definitely time for me to sing another melody. I will take this paradox to meditation, over the next few days and see what happens.

Thanks for posting!Smile
(01-08-2011, 04:24 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]After awhile I hit on the idea of invoking the Archangel Michael energy and it seemed to encompass this quite well.
I was also working with a clairvoyant that had invoked angelic presences. I have no idea what an 'angel' is, but I did 'see' them or get a impression which I suppose represented to me what I expected. With 'Michael' it was a being emerging from something like an alcove - a feeling of a very 'active' presence. With 'Metatron', it was a taller being that had a more familiar energy, and there was a change in temperature in the room. It did get colder. I read somewhere where coldness meant a negative presence, but the energy was certainly not negative in this case.
When bringing this paradox to my awareness in meditation, I got bodily sensation. The sword of truth seats itself at the base of my spine, it's a feeling of strength and power. The white-hot light shoots up my central column and out of the crown.

The blessedness of love is a field around my heart, and it's soft and pink. The sword of truth pierces the center of this field, in a way helping to anchor and hold it.

I feel the blending of the energies too, and they don't blend really well in my energy body.

I would like to find a way to blend them evenly...emulsify them.

Interesting, I have been thinking of Archangel Michael this past Christmas. His colors are usually pictured as royal blue and gold, and that is how I decorated our Christmas tree, with royal blue and gold.

"Speaking the truth with love", blue the color of the fifth chakra.... I think communication being primary in the blending of these energies. This can be difficult for me to condense my feelings, intuitions, and sensations into loving words in communication.

I will try bringing awareness of these energies when I speak and communicate with others and see what happens.
Wow, this situation of taking something beautiful for myself and killing it with selfishness is a recurring pattern that I've been experiencing for quite sometime now. It's filtered through all layers down to almost the most obvious physical. It first started with thoughts that I would have in dreams or meditations showing the taking of something beautiful only to have it wilt or die in my hands a second later. When I was unable to relate that to my conscious life situation, it moved on to the point where situations such as time spent with friends no longer was fun because of selfish/controlling impulses that I was/am having trouble balancing. Finally and most recently, the scenario acted itself out completely and tragically in the physical when the beautiful new car I just bought for myself last Tuesday was t-boned three days later on Friday. That was kind of a smashing (and crashing and scratching) exclamation point added to this message from my higher self. :p When I already had everything I could possibly ask for, I still reached out and selfishly took something for myself. I should instead be thankful for what I have and appreciate and focus on the opportunities to do work in consciousness. The beauty I took for myself withered (literally crumpled) in my hands.

Anyways, I can't thank you enough for bringing this up and focusing on this session. I think the quiet observation of the dance of love and wisdom within the self will help to bring clarity to this situation. Once one is aware of the energies of both, it's the guidance of the higher self that will let you know which one to place your attention on in which situations.
(01-09-2011, 04:26 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]I have no idea what an 'angel' is, but I did 'see' them or get a impression which I suppose represented to me what I expected.

I have a hazy recollection of Ra saying that in the beginning of Creation, some beings were able to move almost instantly through the lessons of the Densities--some learn faster than others--and that what we call "angels" were of that category.
(01-09-2011, 10:36 AM)Shemaya Wrote: [ -> ]I feel the blending of the energies too, and they don't blend really well in my energy body.

I would like to find a way to blend them evenly...emulsify them.

For me, this brings to mind the advice given by Q'uo above not to try to control these energies. Perhaps, if you pursue this, they'll eventually find their way into some sort of unexpected formation?

(01-09-2011, 10:36 AM)Shemaya Wrote: [ -> ]"Speaking the truth with love"

I like this principle!
(01-09-2011, 02:20 PM)Aaron Wrote: [ -> ]When I already had everything I could possibly ask for, I still reached out and selfishly took something for myself.

Interesting story, Aaron. Sorry to hear about the difficulties involved. Because it was absent from your narrative, I take it that no one was hurt in the car wreck. (A good thing.)

Just as food for thought, it's not exactly clear from the information you gave that you're dealing with an internal desire to strangle that which you love. I can't help but wonder if there are underlying feelings of unworthiness waiting to be recognized and healed?

That's certainly the case with myself, one strained strand in the web among many others.
(01-11-2011, 07:37 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2011, 04:26 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]I have no idea what an 'angel' is, but I did 'see' them or get a impression which I suppose represented to me what I expected.
I have a hazy recollection of Ra saying that in the beginning of Creation, some beings were able to move almost instantly through the lessons of the Densities--some learn faster than others--and that what we call "angels" were of that category.
Could not find the session, could you help?
i think peregrine was referring to the situation which existed pre-veil in which entities spent a very long 3d, very long 4d, and then very rapidly moved to 8d, in a duration that would be considered short by our standards.
(01-13-2011, 09:17 PM)unity100 Wrote: [ -> ]i think peregrine was referring to the situation which existed pre-veil in which entities spent a very long 3d, very long 4d, and then very rapidly moved to 8d, in a duration that would be considered short by our standards.
And their individualized essences are manifesting, as angels, from another octave?
(01-08-2011, 04:24 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]an overarching energy which could encompass both my deep desire for simple devotional practice as well as a deep-seated impulse to take for myself things that I like.

It seems to me that the impulse to take for oneself a thing of beauty is only a short step away from the desire to become that beauty, so it would be two sides of the same coin, of the same energy. And this being an oh so short, but often oh so difficult, step away from knowing how you already are and always were the beauty you seek.

That's my song, for whatever it's worth.

I have several times placed myself in the situation of that being taken, so I believe I need to work with the same energies.
(01-13-2011, 11:19 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-13-2011, 09:17 PM)unity100 Wrote: [ -> ]i think peregrine was referring to the situation which existed pre-veil in which entities spent a very long 3d, very long 4d, and then very rapidly moved to 8d, in a duration that would be considered short by our standards.
And their individualized essences are manifesting, as angels, from another octave?

there was no such information. ra just said that pre veil octave had very long 3th, very long 4th, and the rest a rapid move towards 8. there was no information pertaining to angels in there.
(01-16-2011, 07:54 PM)unity100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-13-2011, 11:19 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]

there was no such information. ra just said that pre veil octave had very long 3th, very long 4th, and the rest a rapid move towards 8. there was no information pertaining to angels in there.

That turns out to be quite right. I looked and looked. Sorry about the confusion. I guess I made it up? It might be related to something in the Q'uo material about Logoi?...maybe?

Anyhow, here's a Q'uo quote about angels. You might wish to look for others.

Quo on April 1, 2006 Wrote:B: I have one clarification request on what does it mean, “essences that were uncreated”?

We are those of Q’uo, and are aware of your query, my brother. To begin with, the Creator is uncreated. The angels that you know of in your Christian mythology are uncreated beings. Nature spirits are uncreated beings, they have never had incarnation. They express the spirit …

(Side one of tape ends.)

(Carla channeling)

…which lives in elements such as earth, air, wind, and fire, and second density-creatures such as your plants and animals. And even in the stories that entities tell over long periods of time in which entities which never lived become real and have lives within the inner planes of your planetary sphere.

This session has other interesting information about inner guidance.
(01-14-2011, 06:27 PM)AppleSeed Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2011, 04:24 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]an overarching energy which could encompass both my deep desire for simple devotional practice as well as a deep-seated impulse to take for myself things that I like.

It seems to me that the impulse to take for oneself a thing of beauty is only a short step away from the desire to become that beauty, so it would be two sides of the same coin, of the same energy.

I like the generosity of your sentiment.

(01-14-2011, 06:27 PM)AppleSeed Wrote: [ -> ]And this being an oh so short, but often oh so difficult, step away from knowing how you already are and always were the beauty you seek.
Well.....seems more like a long path of lessons about balance more than a short step to me.

(01-14-2011, 06:27 PM)AppleSeed Wrote: [ -> ]I have several times placed myself in the situation of that being taken, so I believe I need to work with the same energies.
I wonder if that's a hunger for fire as opposed to a need to discharge it? Still seems like misplaced identity--as you describe above--eh?
I came across this and can't resist adding it to the pile.

Don & Ra' Wrote:77.15 Questioner: The specific question that I had was that it seems to me that the choice was planned to create intense polarization past third density so that experience would be intense past third density. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. Given that our interpretation of your sound vibration complexes is appropriate, this is incorrect. The intensity of fourth density is that of the refining of the rough-hewn sculpture. This is, indeed, in its own way, quite intense causing the mind/body/spirit complex to move ever inward and onward in its quest for fuller expression. However, in third density the statue is forged in the fire. This is a type of intensity which is not the property of fourth, fifth, sixth, or seventh densities.
(01-17-2011, 01:33 AM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]Well.....seems more like a long path of lessons about balance more than a short step to me.

Sure, usually one has to go all the way around the circle, in the (hopefully) upwards spiraling motion, but once back at the same place it's a short step. But it's a hard place to stay before being pretty well balanced.

(01-17-2011, 01:33 AM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if that's a hunger for fire as opposed to a need to discharge it? Still seems like misplaced identity--as you describe above--eh?

Interesting thought. The discharge of fire you mention, is that an inner or outer action? Or not an action? Or an inner process needed in order not to burn the things you love? Or..?

In the present, yes, definitely I have a hunger for fire, inner fire (I was too scared to even light a match until late childhood), but there are also no "takers" or "fire dischargers" around in my present life. At first I don't think it was as much misplaced identity as a choice of identity. A loving but unwise (for the preservation of self, but that was not seen as important at the time the choice was made) willingness to sometimes sit in front of the sword, and sometimes, literally or figuratively, go to bed with the sword wielder, hoping for a connection and an exchange of energies. It didn't always end badly - at least once it led to the love story of a century, beneficial for both. However, after a while it does turn into a habitual misplacement of... something, a lack of fiery energy, whether deliberately turned down, or put out by another fire. Fire does extinguish fire... It's also a great cleanser, of course. Once you've been burnt to a crisp you're kind of free to start over from scratch. Not completely scratch - fire also enhances memory. It hurts so badly that you don't forget it just because you happen to die.

Back to the inner fire: inspired by this thread I've experimented a little, and just like Shemaya I felt it shooting up my spine. It spread through my upper body and made me feel physically warm, and very happy. It's like reconnecting with an old friend who has been away for a very long time. Of course I don't know if this is just one flame, or an actual taste of "the" fire. Coincidentally I have also recently stated using a "rapid breath of fire" in my yoga practice, and found it beneficial.

Thankee
(01-18-2011, 11:27 AM)AppleSeed Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-17-2011, 01:33 AM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]Well.....seems more like a long path of lessons about balance more than a short step to me.

Sure, usually one has to go all the way around the circle, in the (hopefully) upwards spiraling motion, but once back at the same place it's a short step. But it's a hard place to stay before being pretty well balanced.

Even though that sounds like cheating, I believe you are correct. In that sense it's a small step from fear to joy, from longing to fulfillment?

Or, maybe I'm just confused and you're running spirals around me?

(01-18-2011, 11:27 AM)AppleSeed Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-17-2011, 01:33 AM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if that's a hunger for fire as opposed to a need to discharge it? Still seems like misplaced identity--as you describe above--eh?

Interesting thought. The discharge of fire you mention, is that an inner or outer action? Or not an action? Or an inner process needed in order not to burn the things you love? Or..?

In the present, yes, definitely I have a hunger for fire, inner fire (I was too scared to even light a match until late childhood), but there are also no "takers" or "fire dischargers" around in my present life. At first I don't think it was as much misplaced identity as a choice of identity. A loving but unwise (for the preservation of self, but that was not seen as important at the time the choice was made) willingness to sometimes sit in front of the sword, and sometimes, literally or figuratively, go to bed with the sword wielder, hoping for a connection and an exchange of energies. It didn't always end badly - at least once it led to the love story of a century, beneficial for both. However, after a while it does turn into a habitual misplacement of... something, a lack of fiery energy, whether deliberately turned down, or put out by another fire. Fire does extinguish fire... It's also a great cleanser, of course. Once you've been burnt to a crisp you're kind of free to start over from scratch. Not completely scratch - fire also enhances memory. It hurts so badly that you don't forget it just because you happen to die.

I enjoyed your description above. Having often played the role of the one in need of discharge, alas, I can report that enduring feelings of deep fulfillment are no more likely to be attained from following that particular path. My feeling is that refinement of emotion is the key there, along with refinement of identity: "where is the beauty I crave truly located?"

(01-18-2011, 11:27 AM)AppleSeed Wrote: [ -> ]Back to the inner fire: inspired by this thread I've experimented a little, and just like Shemaya I felt it shooting up my spine. It spread through my upper body and made me feel physically warm, and very happy. It's like reconnecting with an old friend who has been away for a very long time. Of course I don't know if this is just one flame, or an actual taste of "the" fire. Coincidentally I have also recently stated using a "rapid breath of fire" in my yoga practice, and found it beneficial.

Thankee

Glad that was positive. Unlike you & Shemaya I felt no spinal association. But, like her, I did note a strong sense of how the two--Fire & Love--were very distinct and did not mix together. Maybe that's a good thing? I had some interesting thought about that then...which evades me now. Maybe it will return later, somewhere along the spiral pathway?
(01-20-2011, 04:07 AM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]Even though that sounds like cheating, I believe you are correct. In that sense it's a small step from fear to joy, from longing to fulfillment?

A very small step from fear to joy, but it requires going straight through the very core of the fear. There's no going around it. That's where the circular theory wouldn't work too well.

(01-20-2011, 04:07 AM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]Or, maybe I'm just confused and you're running spirals around me?

Very perceptive. I'll be more straight-forward. You mentioned the "recognition of having played the role of a severe persecutor of some who practiced a profound, simple devotional faith (in by-gone lifetimes)." I have a memory of getting strangled by people carrying Christian crosses. I'm not suggesting a direct connection, even though your energy 'signature' seems vaguely familiar. I'm acting on an impulse, not likely that there's any need for me to speak, but just in case: Peace. Shalom. мир. And, your story interests me.

(01-20-2011, 04:07 AM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]I enjoyed your description above. Having often played the role of the one in need of discharge, alas, I can report that enduring feelings of deep fulfillment are no more likely to be attained from following that particular path.

I had never thought of myself as looking for enduring fulfillment, but of course I'd be a total hypocrite if I said I wasn't. I just hadn't thought of it that way. But what is enduring fulfillment? Inner peace? Knowing that I Am Love? A clear connection with the laughter of the universe? A mission well performed? I kind of feel like I'm in a stage of picking up the pieces, and that this whole cycle is nearing a peak of fulfillment of sorts. Time to move on, but first... gotta try to get some more of those dang aching vertebrae in better alignment.

(01-20-2011, 04:07 AM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]My feeling is that refinement of emotion is the key there, along with refinement of identity: "where is the beauty I crave truly located?"

But the beauty is everywhere? Everywhere and nowhere. It's the most elusive thing until you see it, but then it's in every cloud, in every ray of sunshine. It can be found it in a single sprouting seed, even at times when the larger picture, or the images inside, might be too much to handle. Yes, I also think refinement and awareness of emotion is the key.

(01-20-2011, 04:07 AM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]Glad that was positive. Unlike you & Shemaya I felt no spinal association. But, like her, I did note a strong sense of how the two--Fire & Love--were very distinct and did not mix together. Maybe that's a good thing? I had some interesting thought about that then...which evades me now. Maybe it will return later, somewhere along the spiral pathway?

Let us know if it does. But yes, to make the fire and love distinct I need to pick a different fire - there's a whole range to choose from. What I felt was more of a touch of "fire of life." Empowering and affirming. Re-reading the transcript I see that the suggested exercise is very similar to something I have done, but not with fire. Those times I was at first unable to hold the joy/love and the essence of whatever difficult emotion I was dealing with in my mind at the same time. I'd kind of go ping-pong joy-despair-joy-despair, until I was able to feel both at the same time - a hugely expansive experience.
Will see what kind of fire I can conjure up. Yep, I see what's next.
(01-11-2011, 07:37 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting story, Aaron. Sorry to hear about the difficulties involved. Because it was absent from your narrative, I take it that no one was hurt in the car wreck. (A good thing.)

Just as food for thought, it's not exactly clear from the information you gave that you're dealing with an internal desire to strangle that which you love. I can't help but wonder if there are underlying feelings of unworthiness waiting to be recognized and healed?

That's certainly the case with myself, one strained strand in the web among many others.

No, no-one was hurt. Smile I don't know if a feeling unworthiness was a root cause or a secondary player. I believe that little me just hopped back into the driver's seat of the incarnation, selfish desire driving most of my life for a short period of time. It was a period of re-learning to let the higher self orchestrate the incarnational experience. The ego is only concerned about its own wants, and therefore cannot direct the incarnational experience into a place of abundance and growth. "Not my will, but thine."
(01-09-2011, 02:20 PM)Aaron Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, this situation of taking something beautiful for myself and killing it with selfishness is a recurring pattern that I've been experiencing for quite sometime now. It's filtered through all layers down to almost the most obvious physical. It first started with thoughts that I would have in dreams or meditations showing the taking of something beautiful only to have it wilt or die in my hands a second later. When I was unable to relate that to my conscious life situation, it moved on to the point where situations such as time spent with friends no longer was fun because of selfish/controlling impulses that I was/am having trouble balancing. Finally and most recently, the scenario acted itself out completely and tragically in the physical when the beautiful new car I just bought for myself last Tuesday was t-boned three days later on Friday. That was kind of a smashing (and crashing and scratching) exclamation point added to this message from my higher self. :p When I already had everything I could possibly ask for, I still reached out and selfishly took something for myself. I should instead be thankful for what I have and appreciate and focus on the opportunities to do work in consciousness. The beauty I took for myself withered (literally crumpled) in my hands.

Anyways, I can't thank you enough for bringing this up and focusing on this session. I think the quiet observation of the dance of love and wisdom within the self will help to bring clarity to this situation. Once one is aware of the energies of both, it's the guidance of the higher self that will let you know which one to place your attention on in which situations.

Has this happened to you in romantic relationships? What questions do usually ask yourself when after the "withering" of whatever it was has happened?

Meerie

(01-25-2011, 03:37 PM)Ens Entium Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2011, 02:20 PM)Aaron Wrote: [ -> ]The beauty I took for myself withered (literally crumpled) in my hands.
Has this happened to you in romantic relationships? What questions do usually ask yourself when after the "withering" of whatever it was has happened?

This goes to show that everything we experience in this density is ephemeral, be it relationships or what not. Enjoy it while it lasts, don't cling to it once it is gone, be grateful you were allowed to experience it. It is also a lesson in letting go.
(01-26-2011, 04:04 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]This goes to show that everything we experience in this density is ephemeral, be it relationships or what not. Enjoy it while it lasts, don't cling to it once it is gone, be grateful you were allowed to experience it. It is also a lesson in letting go.

That sounds like one of the Lessons of Fire, melodiously articulated.

Meerie

Oh really? this is just what came to mind when I read Aarons and Ens's postings!
I guess I have to read the session Smile
Edit: you know, what's funny, the other day when I woke up in the morning, I heard a loud voice inside my head saying "If I channel at all I channel the Archangel Michael". I later checked on the internet and found indeed that some people seem to be channeling him. And here I am, reading this session, dealing with him as well..
(01-25-2011, 03:37 PM)Ens Entium Wrote: [ -> ]Has this happened to you in romantic relationships? What questions do usually ask yourself when after the "withering" of whatever it was has happened?

Actually, no. It's only been in the case of friendships, and even then not long term where the whole relationship withers, only certain aspects over short periods of time.

I try to ask myself: "What is my higher self trying to show me by orchestrating these events that I can't understand at this time?" or "For what purpose of learning have I allowed this to come about?"

To tie it back into the original thread topic: I see now that my higher self was acting with the fire of wisdom, tempered with complete and total love in allowing this to occur. What first seemed like a tragedy is actually an incredible gift. Not only has it helped me learn the valuable lessons of not allowing your desires to steer your incarnation, and not to grasp or cling to ephemeral things, as Meerie says. But, the insurance money I was able to collect is actually carrying me through a transitional period right now. Can you say pre-incarnationally planned? Smile

Oooh, synchronicity, Meerie! Maybe channeling Michael or reading Michael channelings can help you connect with your higher self?
[Image: 02251_archangel_michael_kanderson_m270x400.jpg] [Image: tarot1.jpg]

Archangel Michael and the Magician look a lot alike here. Coincidence?

You decide!

Quote:74.4 ...I am Ra...
The archetypical mind may be defined as that mind which is peculiar to the Logos of this planetary sphere. Thusly unlike the great cosmic all-mind, it contains the material which it pleased the Logos to offer as refinements to the great cosmic being-ness. The archetypical mind, then, is that which contains all facets which may affect mind or experience.

The Magician was named as a significant archetype. However, it was not recognized that this portion of the archetypical mind represents not a portion of the deep subconscious but the conscious mind and more especially the will.

Quote:78.32
Ra: I am Ra...
We now address your query as to the archetype which is the Matrix of the Mind. As to its name, the name of Magician is understandable when you consider that consciousness is the great foundation, mystery, and revelation which makes this particular density possible. The self-conscious entity is full of the magic of that which is to come. It may be considered first, for the mind is the first of the complexes to be developed by the student of spiritual evolution.

It might be just a coincidence. But, come to think of it, if the Magician is the consciousness which has not yet explored the unconscious, and angels , as I understand it, don't have an unconscious self divided from the conscious self, then maybe there is a connection? ...sort of?

Referring back to post #1 above, for me, at least, this being seems adept at slicing free upon request burdensome unconscious baggage of which I've become conscious.

Skillful Fire, much Devotion.

...Just another little thing to be grateful for...
(01-30-2011, 01:19 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]Referring back to post #1 above, for me, at least, this being seems adept at slicing free upon request burdensome unconscious baggage of which I've become conscious.

Skillful Fire, much Devotion.

...Just another little thing to be grateful for...

Can't resist jumping back in here. Why slice? I can relate to the wish (wouldn't mind being a little less trigger-sensitive myself), but wouldn't it be more wholesome to engage the part of self that can accept, and ultimately forgive, the self that carries the baggage? We all have baggage, and even those who don't, carry the potential.

I'm glad you have this helpful connection with a high being, just kinda wondering.
(01-31-2011, 11:11 PM)AppleSeed Wrote: [ -> ]Can't resist jumping back in here. Why slice? I can relate to the wish (wouldn't mind being a little less trigger-sensitive myself), but wouldn't it be more wholesome to engage the part of self that can accept, and ultimately forgive, the self that carries the baggage? We all have baggage, and even those who don't, carry the potential.

Good question. It sort of sounds like Fire without the Love when you view it that way.

I don't know what Ra or Q'uo have to say about this, but for me long accumulated baggage comes in different categories. Some is still lesson-laden, still hard to digest, and some is just there because it was never disposed of. So, answer #1 is that some of it, yes, needs conscious acceptance and so forth while other stuff can simply be cut away because it's already been processed unconsciously. For those who've been in this game for a long time and have a heavy accumulation, the latter approach can feel quite nice...for awhile...until the next catalyst comes down the pike.

The second answer is: not to worry! As you pointed out above, these things spiral around. Often one layer gets sliced away only to reveal a variant form, perhaps more encompassing. If you missed a chance to love the catalyst the previous time, just keep your eyes open for the next opportunity coming to a theatre near you, as it were.

...but you knew all that...

One additional thought: Sometimes it feels good to carry a big burden of ancient dissonance, not because it's healthy, but because it gives a sense of identity (burden bearer) or because it feels familiar or because one can learn to project the dissonance and feel a sense of power from that, etc. Once I became aware of such like in myself, it took me some years to release myself from that fondness for heaviness.

Happy jumping!

Meerie

Intuitively I do not think the Archangel Michael can be likened to a tarot archetype. Simply because I believe he encompasses all of these. I checked the swords arcana (I usually use the Rider-Waite Tarot) but it did not fit him either.
Ra mentions a connection with Mars somewhere if I am not mistaken... the warrior of God. Well he is fiery after all!
Do you know Ronna Hermans channelings? I would like to add some piece of her latest channeling the Archangel Michael, I liked that part:
"You are a Spark of the Creator–a manifested Divine facet of consciousness–a Still Point within Creation. You either enrich the world you live in or you help to contaminate it. How bright and warm is your Sacred Fire? Does it blaze brightly and warm the hearts of others? Or is it a feeble flame, not even strong enough to warm your own heart? “Cold-hearted” is not a term associated with a true Bearer of God Light. You may journey through the shadow lands with those who helped create them, or you may walk with delight in the radiance of God Light. "

The sacred fire... that is what the AM stands for, imo. And we can all evoke that sacred fire inside ourselves too.
(02-01-2011, 03:07 AM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what Ra or Q'uo have to say about this, but for me long accumulated baggage comes in different categories. Some is still lesson-laden, still hard to digest, and some is just there because it was never disposed of. So, answer #1 is that some of it, yes, needs conscious acceptance and so forth while other stuff can simply be cut away because it's already been processed unconsciously. For those who've been in this game for a long time and have a heavy accumulation, the latter approach can feel quite nice...for awhile...until the next catalyst comes down the pike.

The second answer is: not to worry! As you pointed out above, these things spiral around. Often one layer gets sliced away only to reveal a variant form, perhaps more encompassing. If you missed a chance to love the catalyst the previous time, just keep your eyes open for the next opportunity coming to a theatre near you, as it were.

...but you knew all that...

Thanks for clarifying! I also don't know much of what Ra and Quo have to say about it (although one reason I'm here is that I found a lot of support for my way of dealing with it, in this material, and also new ideas). I go with whatever works, and yep, you're right; I knew all of that... I also have developed ways of sweeping out the last corners, when needed, since stuff does tend to stick even to the cell walls, seemingly. I think premature slicing, and waiting for the re-runs, can be quite helpful f ex if there's physical illness to deal with.

(02-01-2011, 03:07 AM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]One additional thought: Sometimes it feels good to carry a big burden of ancient dissonance, not because it's healthy, but because it gives a sense of identity (burden bearer) or because it feels familiar or because one can learn to project the dissonance and feel a sense of power from that, etc. Once I became aware of such like in myself, it took me some years to release myself from that fondness for heaviness.

Interesting observation. I have certainly seen that in some habitual victims (see how I've suffered - DON'T step on that toe, just hand me the chocolate!). Ok, I'm off to have an honest look at myself. Hmmm. Maybe I'll play some scales first.
(02-01-2011, 03:28 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]Intuitively I do not think the Archangel Michael can be likened to a tarot archetype.

I can't disagree with you. I believe that icon is a recent work and I wonder if it was at all influenced by the Tarot drawings? To me, the similarity is striking.

Never heard of Herman, but it's a nice quotation. She's big on choice, isn't she?!

(02-01-2011, 03:28 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]The sacred fire... that is what the AM stands for, imo. And we can all evoke that sacred fire inside ourselves too.

Agreed!
(02-01-2011, 03:43 PM)AppleSeed Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for clarifying!

I think premature slicing, and waiting for the re-runs, can be quite helpful if there's physical illness to deal with.

Oops, I think I need to provide yet further clarification. (Story of my life!)

If such "scales" can be cut prematurely, then I don't know about it. My familiarity is in the realm where the conscious acceptance and intention to clear these things lines up with unconscious acceptance and intention and some catalytic energy becomes available to empower the disburdening.

What I think I meant above is that even if some layers of the onion are removed, you're still dealing with an onion until the onion is removed.

Meerie

(02-02-2011, 03:18 AM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]Never heard of Herman, but it's a nice quotation. She's big on choice, isn't she?!
Ahem, I think these were not Ronna Hermans words but the Archangel Michael speaking thru her Smile But anyway, you are right about the choice. I had not noticed, I guess because that is how I express myself often, too...
btw I just remembered that the Archangel Michael seemed to come thru Edgar Cayce when he was in trance on one occasion too... from what I remember reading about this event, the people present were stunned because the AM was thundering and quite bluntly confronting them with their actions. Well after all he is fiery and he is a warrior, right? Tongue so that is kind of fitting.

(02-02-2011, 03:18 AM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]What I think I meant above is that even if some layers of the onion are removed, you're still dealing with an onion until the onion is removed.
I heard about this onion analogy quite often, and I just wonder... is it really necessary to remove the onion completely? Or can we keep the core? I mean, if I understand right, it is about likening these layers to our ego personality traits. Do we really have to get rid of everything?
(02-02-2011, 10:42 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]Ahem, I think these were not Ronna Hermans words but the Archangel Michael speaking thru her Smile

It's hard to know, sometimes, who is actually giving the dictation. Seemed like AM to her, eh?

Ahem.

(02-02-2011, 10:42 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]By the way I just remembered that the Archangel Michael seemed to come thru Edgar Cayce when he was in trance on one occasion too... from what I remember reading about this event, the people present were stunned because the AM was thundering and quite bluntly confronting them with their actions.

Sounds like riot! Wish I was there.

(02-02-2011, 10:42 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]I heard about this onion analogy quite often, and I just wonder... is it really necessary to remove the onion completely? Or can we keep the core? I mean, if I understand right, it is about likening these layers to our ego personality traits. Do we really have to get rid of everything?

Stay tuned!

My take on it is that what's being removed is one's resistance or attachment or some other sort of personal involvement. The "core," I expect, is not the ego traits. These, as I understand it, become progressively more transparent until....they.......dis........app.....e...a..... --for all intents & purposes.
Pages: 1 2