Bring4th

Full Version: Married to a "non-believer"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was originally thinking about creating this post in Wanderer Stories, but the truth is I'm just waking up and am still on book 1 of the Law of One, so I'll save my wanderer story for when I'm not so groggy or at least get the sleep out of my eyes. For now, I need some spiritual coffee and maybe some eggs, sunny side up!

The question I have is, does anyone here have any experience with being married to someone who isn't ready to wake up yet and can offer advice? Studying the Law of One excites me on so many levels. It is bringing together every spiritual thought that I've had over the past 33 years. I'm not sure if I'm a wanderer (in the narrow sense), but studying TLOO feels a lot like coming home. The problem that I'm having is that I can't share it with my wife, or at least I have no idea how to. I've been trying to feed it to her in bits and pieces, but she's getting frustrated that I'm being secretive since I won't just lay it all out there. If I simply share it all, I know she'll think I've jumped off the deep end, and am just believing something that I found on the internet.

On another level, I have changed quite a bit in a short period of time. Not that who I am has changed, but my core beliefs have shifted from being a typical conservative christian, to an awake wanderer (at least in the broad sense). To her this is coming across as unstable, shifting with the wind, doubting God (as she understands it) and a lack of faith. In reality my doubts have been erased and my faith is stronger then it has ever been.

My goal is that if she is to wake up, I want to be a stable support for her. If not, I want to at least enjoy our life together and raise our kids in a healthy home. How can I achieve this "balance"? Any advice would be appreciated.

ayadew

Hello, my friend.

I understand your situation. Awakening truly is wonderful, but many souls are not ready for this in this incarnation. If your wife does not awaken, then I'm sure you'll see her again where you can fully share your love. Time is of no relevance.

The best thing you can do, I feel, is to simply be yourself. Your radiance and love will attract those that are ready to awaken, and then you can imprint your knowledge upon them. For it's quite meaningless to go around preaching to people who has no interest, who are comfortable with their life and spirituality.
I will speak of my experience;

I speak in such a way that it is sometimes difficult for anyone without a stable belief system in that area.

For instance, I follow a complex type of astrology (which is interesting, today's 'Neutrino Forecast; Now this line is about two things always. Is one serving, or, is one trying to rule. Is one serving one opinion, which means that someone asks you, or the situation asks you, or are you trying to rule? And to impose your opinion?) And carries on in a deeper understanding of this.

So, someone I know is told of that human design and how it affects them. They tolerate it for a while and follow it's individualised rules. Then the day they don't follow the rule, and actually go against it, they break their leg.

I didn't explain this to the person because I know they would have resisted it and are essentially more happy not knowing. When I confided in someone else how it annoyed me that they didn't follow the rule in the first place, I frame my POV in references to Edgar Cayce etc. And the study that proved the chart to something like 90% out of 5000 people. This is just how I talk, and I am getting emotionally tangled over a very provable metaphysical rule. In this area and other areas.

The result, people will subtly resist it; (Types with an irrational clinging to tradition for instance), some will offer emotionalised views with no evidence. But offer them as though they were the highest form of evidence.

Essentially, people aren't going to change, unless their percieved 'god', (which is in a lot of cases authority) will do the thinking for them. This is part of the reason I tend to think most wanderers take on such trauma in order to awaken, the best you can do is make peace with yourself and your own truth.

Another I ching perspective of that chart is 'the resistance to change leads to crisis.'

fairyfarmgirl

As the ripple changes the pond, so will you change the pond...

In the past I was with partners that became unmatched to me vibrationally... I zoomed ahead and they put-put-put-puttted along. I came to the realization that they were where they needed to be and that was perfect. And I was where I needed to be and that was perfect as well. The old saying of 'You are you and I am me..." rings true in this situation.

That said, It is extremely frusterating and fear producing to be zooming ahead when everyone around you is still put-put-put-puttting along... You feel like you have the good news and everyone else is blind to the Good NEWS! Yes, I am familar with this.

Eventually, I left that relationship and wandered and Zoomed ahead some more until I was clear and open and willing to attract and recieve a LOVE mate. This took some time as I am a slow learner even though I was vibrationally zoooming ahead.

The LOO is very compatible with Christianity... The true Christianity of embracing the beauty and truth of LIFE--- The Christ did not die... he was not dead when they took him down from the cross only catatonic (I would be too if someone nailed me to a cross and left me to hang in the sun).... We are so much more than this flesh and blood.

Soon, the "lost" (more like highjacked and hidden by human means and human follies) texts of the Bible will be "found" and all will be understood. Of course we all have the right by free will to choose to not understand as well...

That being said. It is important to follow your heart where it leads you...

fairyfarmgirl
Thanks for the all of the advice. I'm definitely not interested in preaching to anyone who isn't ready! I know how I would have reacted a year ago if someone would have tried to explain all of this. It has been quite an interesting journey of sorts to get me to the point where I would begin to understand and I'm willing to be patient and just love as she is on her own journey as well.
It's a tough question that I think about from time to time. Not with my spouse but with people in general. I know how all of this material sounds to your average person- crazy! And I must admit it's made me reluctant to give more than just hints about my belief system to others.
JC, I think I have some advice for you, but having lived only half of your life, I cannot claim it to be accurate.

Read the Wanderer's Handbook, in the link below. You are definitely a wanderer if you have found your way here.

http://www.llresearch.org/library/a_wand...k_pdf.aspx

And here is a LOO study guide. This is what I've started reading. If you are just reading the transcripts in order, you may not get the specific LOO information right away.

http://www.spiritofra.com/Ra-section%201.htm

When you get board of reading one, start reading another and cycle through them this way. It helps me. If you do not like to read a lot, take heart! The joy of your soul will be found in truly comprehending. You will know in the end what your work was worth.

As far as the Unawakened, I believe it is possible to awaken them. But before trying, you should know thyself. You must grab them by the heart. The key to making them realize their desire to awaken is in their deepest fears and emotional issues. Most of all, show love and respect, and don't be elitist or try to force this upon them. That can end a relationship uber fast.

I have a few more sources to suggest. One is Gurdjieff's work. The Cassipaean Glossary here is a very good piece of the puzzle and was absolutely instrumental in my awakening thus far. I cannot describe how much the information here concerning spiritual awakening is worth to me.

http://glossary.cassiopaea.com/glossary....368&lsel=G

Here is a collection of links. Gurdjieff focuses around probing your deepest depths and discovering yourself. If you read these links in order, I hope you are enlightened. These are condensed summaries of teachings of various people, but central to this work are Gurdjieff's ideas. I have arranged them in order so the base concepts are first (but realize that almost everything Gurdjieff taught were base concepts). Skip these links though until you have read this entire post.

http://glossary.cassiopaea.com/glossary.php?id=1
http://glossary.cassiopaea.com/glossary.php?id=7
http://glossary.cassiopaea.com/glossary....333&lsel=F
http://glossary.cassiopaea.com/glossary....634&lsel=R
http://glossary.cassiopaea.com/glossary.php?id=3
http://glossary.cassiopaea.com/glossary.php?id=702
http://glossary.cassiopaea.com/glossary.php?id=890
http://glossary.cassiopaea.com/glossary.php?id=4&lsel=C
http://glossary.cassiopaea.com/glossary....905&lsel=C
http://glossary.cassiopaea.com/glossary....235&lsel=D
http://glossary.cassiopaea.com/glossary....246&lsel=D
http://glossary.cassiopaea.com/glossary.php?id=2&lsel=F

The list goes on. Sad

I suggest you go to that glossary and learn as much as you can, as it will supplement the LOO material quite nicely (although there are some small changes between the LOO and the Cassiopaean stuff, they still go together and form a more complete picture). This information is extremely helpful in keeping your feet on the ground, while trying to understand the higher dimensional concepts. Gurdjieff taught that we should work on the lower centers the most, and use them to base ourselves spiritually, rather than trying to understand the higher dimensional concepts without adequate grounding. To hopefully give you a better idea of what I mean, here is one of my forum posts.

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=202

I stress that it is for your own good that you develop a strong material base. The stronger the base, the faster the higher spiritual lessons can be learned, and with the least trouble.

I hope this helpful to you.
- Memorandem
(03-25-2009, 02:08 AM)jc2412 Wrote: [ -> ]The question I have is, does anyone here have any experience with being married to someone who isn't ready to wake up yet and can offer advice?

Hi there. Hello friends. It seems a pattern of mine to jump in and respond in the forum before formally introducing myself. I hope no one and none of the moderators disapproves, and I will include my 'story' in the wanderers/introduction section very soon.

I liked your question. It made me smile and excited me a bit enough to want to share something of my own experience. I'm not 'married' which is perhaps a commitment to another self and an intimacy of a different level, but I have come to spend a great deal of time with someone who seems rather 'undecided' as far as polarization, or STS vs STO orientation. He is, I believe, agnostic. He sometimes makes little jokes. He says things like, "You're an alien, aren't you ?" He has seen the small growth behind my ear which, beneath the skin, is a type of 'alien' implant, and says, "That's so your masters can always find you, isn't it ?" He says these things jokingly, but there is something like wonder and perhaps a bit of fear in his eyes. I don't explain. I have no interest in frightening or shocking him. I say to him simply, "I wonder."

I haven't 'had the talk' about my 'beliefs' with him yet. Once we had a few drinks together and he said, "I don't understand it. I'm not my usual self when I'm with you." Because my inhibitions were somewhat lowered due to alcohol, I said to him, "Don't worry about it. It's like that for everyone around me. It's just what I do." I believe that the spark of what some might call 'awareness' can't help but 'irradiate' those who come into contact with me, and by the same token, I bring to my self those things, and those people, who in some way or another, I have chosen for my learning. It probably works the same for the 'confused' or undecided people around me.

I've watched quietly as my companion examined the spines of my books on a shelf. This arrangement of books includes the four volumes of The Law of One. He stands a few feet away but leans forward to look at them, his hands clasped behind his back. It's very cute. Something attracts him, and either he doesn't know what it is or, based on my experience with other selves of service-to-self orientation, he's very clever and feigning ignorance. I tend to lean toward the former. I have no interest in shocking him or 'waking him up' to my perception of 'reality.' I simply 'am' and allow him to 'be', and together we go forward in our time together experiencing the great and small wonders of creation. What I am, whatever that is, shines through and 'rubs off' on him. He'll ask me direct questions in his time (or not), and 'wake up' when he's ready.
shukaido: Welcome to the forum! We welcome your participation!

(03-25-2009, 02:08 AM)jc2412 Wrote: [ -> ]The question I have is, does anyone here have any experience with being married to someone who isn't ready to wake up yet and can offer advice? Studying the Law of One excites me on so many levels. It is bringing together every spiritual thought that I've had over the past 33 years...

...I have changed quite a bit in a short period of time. Not that who I am has changed, but my core beliefs have shifted from being a typical conservative christian, to an awake wanderer (at least in the broad sense). To her this is coming across as unstable, shifting with the wind, doubting God (as she understands it) and a lack of faith. In reality my doubts have been erased and my faith is stronger then it has ever been.

jc2412: Hi and welcome to the forum!

I can definitely relate to your situation. My husband has always been supportive, though not really into the Law of One. However, it wasn't an issue, because he was into other forms of spirituality, without being dogmatic. Both of us had left behind organized religion long ago. So, even though he didn't actually read the books, I was able to share the concepts with him and he was receptive. We often related something he had read out of, say, the Bhagavad Gita with a concept from the Law of One. I see the Law of One as Truth that transcends any religious dogma.

But, I have friends and family members who are fundamentalist Christian and would likely think I was 'satanic' if they knew half of what I believed! I've tried offering little tidbits here and there, but quickly learned that they were not open to it at all. And I have a family member who is an atheist, and he is just as closed.

You never know, though, when a person will become ready for this info. I was once in their mindset, so I can't really judge. I didn't go from being a fundamentalist Christian to a student of the Law of One overnight, though! That's quite a leap! There are certain ideas that are sort of taken for granted...such as reincarnation, and the reality of a soul at all (something that is a given to me, but is disputed by my atheist family member).

People tend to fear that which they don't understand, so it's natural for someone who's been indoctrinated in a rigid, dogmatic religion to be resistant to the Law of One, or even frightened by it.

For this reason, I would suggest proceeding with caution. I would recommend starting with something more basic, to introduce some basic ideas first. An excellent book for just this purpose is Lynn Sparrow's Edgar Cayce and Christianity (or maybe it's Edgar Cayce and Christian Faith? something like that) which details the author's questioning and search for truth...all done prayerfully and within the comfort of her chosen religion. This book might be just the thing to open the door to new thinking for your wife! It's beautifully written and exudes love and reverence for God.

Then, you might mention to her that Carla is a devout Christian (though mystical Christian, rather than conservative Christian, but Christian nonetheless!). This may or may not be reassuring, dependent upon how open-minded your wife is. Unfortunately, I've met some who think everyone except those in their own denomination are condemned to 'hell!' Hopefully, your wife won't think that...if so, then any difference in belief at all might be construed as divisive and fear-producing. Remember that, ultimately, our goal is unity/harmony/peace/love...we don't want to instill fear in anyone.

Try to find common ground. Focus on the cosmic truths espoused by Jesus and the Law of One both...concepts like love and forgiveness.

If she still thinks you've gone off the deep end, perhaps remind her that non-Christians might have thought the same about her when they first learned of her newfound faith! Tell her that you just want to share how much deeper your faith in God has become...offer to pray together...let her know that there is no threat!

Most importantly, reassure her that she needn't EVER leave her chosen religion. The Law of One is NOT a religion and can be integrated into her existing path. If the channel of the Law of One can remain a Christian, then what does that say?

Your wife needs to know that there is NO conflict between her faith and yours. For, in its highest form, Christianity does exemplify the tenets of the Law of One, as do all other religions. It is a valid path! In other words, reassure her that you're not trying to convert her to anything, just share with her your own experiences.

Having said all that, I'd like to also say that it's not necessary that she understand everything you're into, in order to be a spiritual companion and even spiritual teacher. You might have more intellectual understanding of how the UniVerse works, from your reading of the Law of One, but if she can further your lessons in LOVE/forgiveness, then she is the teacher in that respect. We all both teach/learn to one another. It's easy to assume that, if we have more knowledge, then we are teaching the other. But that's not always the case. For example, in the early years of our marriage, I was considered the 'spiritual' one...but later we had an experience in which my husband taught me, not with words but with actions, some very profound lessons, and I realized that we were very evenly matched. Our marriage has been strengthened by our diversity and willingness to learn from each other.

Best wishes to you and your wife! I hope your journey is beautiful and full of love and joy!
Tongue       
Thanks!

I agree that mention of reincarnation is risky. But then, so is mention of anyone deemed 'New Age' or 'Eastern' so it's sort of a tossup.

The reason I like Lynn Sparrow's book is that it is written by a born-again Christian. The person might relate to her story a little more than someone she thinks of as a 'dabbler in Eastern mysticism' which is how many Christians view Deepok Chopra.

Joseph Campbell, otoh, was more of an academic, so that might be a good choice, imo.

For me, the Edgar Cayce material is what bridged the gap between mainstream Christianity and 'New Age' concepts like reincarnation. I was later stunned to hear that many mainstream Christians consider Cayce 'satanic!'

So, I don't think there is any surefire way to avoid potential fear or discomfort. Any stretching of the mind could result in those.

Since we don't want to infringe upon the free will of others, I think, regardless of which books he chooses as an introduction, the important thing to remember is to just offer it, and not push it on her.
(03-25-2009, 02:08 AM)jc2412 Wrote: [ -> ]I was originally thinking about creating this post in Wanderer Stories, but the truth is I'm just waking up and am still on book 1 of the Law of One, so I'll save my wanderer story for when I'm not so groggy or at least get the sleep out of my eyes. For now, I need some spiritual coffee and maybe some eggs, sunny side up!

The question I have is, does anyone here have any experience with being married to someone who isn't ready to wake up yet and can offer advice? Studying the Law of One excites me on so many levels. It is bringing together every spiritual thought that I've had over the past 33 years. I'm not sure if I'm a wanderer (in the narrow sense), but studying TLOO feels a lot like coming home. The problem that I'm having is that I can't share it with my wife, or at least I have no idea how to. I've been trying to feed it to her in bits and pieces, but she's getting frustrated that I'm being secretive since I won't just lay it all out there. If I simply share it all, I know she'll think I've jumped off the deep end, and am just believing something that I found on the internet.

On another level, I have changed quite a bit in a short period of time. Not that who I am has changed, but my core beliefs have shifted from being a typical conservative christian, to an awake wanderer (at least in the broad sense). To her this is coming across as unstable, shifting with the wind, doubting God (as she understands it) and a lack of faith. In reality my doubts have been erased and my faith is stronger then it has ever been.

My goal is that if she is to wake up, I want to be a stable support for her. If not, I want to at least enjoy our life together and raise our kids in a healthy home. How can I achieve this "balance"? Any advice would be appreciated.

In my opinion? Let it go. If she was meant to find the LOO material, she would have found it on her own. Just be who you are, let your light shine by doing right by your wife and children. Don’t stop loving them or try to change them because you’ve found enlightenment somewhere. Consider, if the shoe was on the other foot and she found a more traditional religious path…do you want her trying to convert you?

Richard
(05-06-2009, 01:01 PM)Richard Wrote: [ -> ]In my opinion? Let it go. If she was meant to find the LOO material, she would have found it on her own. Just be who you are, let your light shine by doing right by your wife and children. Don’t stop loving them or try to change them because you’ve found enlightenment somewhere. Consider, if the shoe was on the other foot and she found a more traditional religious path…do you want her trying to convert you?

I agree... There is no conversion possible. Only her free choice to do what she pleases. You can read, let her know you like what you read. But everything beyond that must be her own initiative. If you try to put it on her, then you will be inviting her into ego games actually lowering the chance she'll follow you. If you keep this for yourself, and grow as big a lightbulb in your chest as you can she'll like it and start asking questions. She'll then be naturally attracted to the material through her attraction to you. (The most attractive quality in a man or a woman is that the person is genuinely happy.)

Also, here's a Sufi trick. Wink If you speak to her, speak in her own words. Don't use the sometimes odd Ra vocabulary certainly if she does not respond well to it. Use her own vocabulary if you can. It's okay to let her know the other words exist. But it's more important to give her the opportunity to take what she likes and leave what she does not like than it is for her to intellectually accept the whole thing.

For what it's worth. My wife does not have a high opinion of religion new age or the Ra material. She has a stubborn streak like me and she fortunately won't accept it just because I say so. She used to be more into it. But she's a good person, she'll be fine.
I have enjoyed reading these posts as this is a central issue within my own marriage. When I met my wife, I considered myself an agnostic. I had been raised as a Jehovah's Witness and that experience left a very bad taste for religion. I resented the Old testament view of a vengeful, punishing God. After we were married, she wanted us to go to church together. I was dead set against church and told her I would only go to a church where there was no dogma being forced upon its members. She spent a great deal of time at a university library and decided the Unitarians would be a good fit as they embrace all spiritual paths equally. We gave it a try and the Unitarian minister turned me on the the Tao and I developed in interest in Eastern mysticism. This was not her intent! That was over ten years ago and we have continued to drift apart since then as I have become more and more involved with mysticism.

She has put up with so much from me. When we married during 1995, I was VP of a manufacturing company. My focus was on power, wealth and social standing. We bought a nice home in an ultra-conservative, blue-blood neighborhood. As I began to awaken, my personality and behavior drastically changed. I lost interest in my career and began pushing for a more modest lifestyle. Twice since our marriage, I have taken a year off work and focused on spiritual pursuits. Each time I return to work, the environment seems hostile and oppressive. I have lost all desire to work in the business world and am no longer effective because my heart is not in it.

Through it all, she has put up with it, even paying the bills those two years when I didn't work. I owe her so much yet our relationship is withering because there is no intimacy due to the spiritual gap. I have finally found the truth I have been seeking, and I want so desperately to share it. It's not that she has her own beliefs. She doesn't attend a church or show any interest in spirituality. She redicules my need to live by my beliefs and complains that a normal person would be content to attend church for an hour Sunday mornings and let it go at that. Both my wife and my step-son make fun of my beliefs behind my back. Now that I have included the Ra teachings in my portfolio, she has nick-named me "fifth dimension man." I have tried to explain that it's not about believing as I do, it's about living a life of service to others. She replies that she is a nurse and serves others for a living. If I want to serve others, I should devote my time to serving her!

Anyway, she is a very good person and I care deeply for her, but we have truly become two strangers who can no longer relate to each other. She resents that I am not pursuing a better job with more pay and responsibility. I resent that our lifestyle forces me to devote most of my time and energy to a career that no longer interests me. It is tearing us apart.

ayadew

godexpressing: Thank you for sharing your story.
Your relation seem to no longer serve both of you... please find comfort in that you can leave eachother in love and no hard feelings, simply because it didn't work out in this life, but perhaps some other time! Smile
To break up and let her find a partner which serves her better, in her opinion, could also be a service to her I'd say.
But do as you wish.

fairyfarmgirl

Good Greetings:

Consider the compassionate and wise action to take for yourself and your wife. Bless their Hearts. They are on a different Dimensional Track from you... it is All Good... no judgement just an observation. The seeds you have planted will grow fruit in time... but the growing of the seeds is their responsibility. Your responsibility is to LOVE: Self and All--- This does not mean that you stay in an unsupportive and abusive (there are hints of emotional abuse here) relationship-- this is not serving the All for you are not serving your Self and others by doing so.

There was a time that I stayed in a relationship that did not serve my growth because of the mistaken belief that this was some kind of spiritual test by God to demonstrate "Loving All." What I did not understand was that Loving All also meant Loving me in all my aspects: and a tenet of Love is respect of others beliefs, liberty, life and pursuit of happiness. Thus, I came to an understanding that the most Loving and Compassionate and Wise action to take was to bless him with Love and leave and start over---

From your posts it seems that you do not have responsibilty to any children. This allows you the ability to perhaps join an intentional community or move to an ecovillage--- these types of communities allow for personal growth while being around others of likemindedness.

This is the time in our Growth as a Planet to move to partner with (in a spiritual sense) other likeminded people! No time like the Now. For some reason the Findhorn communities throughout the world keeps being whispered in my ear... perhaps it is for you since I am writing you. LOL

Even though I am sure their tone was less than complimentary: the name of "Fifth Dimenensional Man" is a great compliment. For in the meaning of this you have ascended and are resting where we are all headed.

Here is a resource that I find helpful during this time of rapid growth and shifting into a new form of Being: http://www.emergingearthangels.com/ and this site offers great insights on personality archetypes and their traits http://www.angelicgate.com/ and lastly, I love this site for all of its practical suggestions and realtime beingness (this is just not cyberspace stuff but real people doing real actions lol) http://www.findhorn.org/index.php?tz=240
when and if you go to this last site, check out the page listing all the people in other countries creating communities of likeminded people!

--fairyfarmgirl
My wife wants nothing to do with spirituality, which has been tough at times. It helps me to remember that all this spiritual stuff is supposed to be helping me lead a more meaningful life. My point being that it is only help, but the world we live in is real life.

I think an important part of what this type of existence can teach us is how to meaningfully, honestly, and fairly interact with other individuals. That a goal of our world. All these ideas are really only help. I try not to let any ideas come between myself and an open and honest interact with someone. If a teaching doesn’t appeal to someone, I say don’t force it. There are other ways to help others understand.

I’ve found that it is best to approach an interaction with what I describe as “your guard down.” This opens you to allow the flow of more positive energy from yourself. Whether others realize it or not they are affected. They no longer tend to view the situation as an attempt to get something from them, but as an honest exchange of information. They are able to get let there guard down because they don’t feel the need to defend their own position. This really seems to help me break down barriers in communication. No one has to defend themselves or their ideas, so everyone can be more open to other ideas.

Keeping “your guard down” has proven to be an incredibly useful skill when dealing with everything from my supervisors at work, to talking to people about religion and spirituality.

The whole dynamic of an interaction can change from separate individuals each espousing and defending there own position, to a group interaction looking for common ground.
(09-18-2009, 09:22 AM)mikesc Wrote: [ -> ]My wife wants nothing to do with spirituality, which has been tough at times. It helps me to remember that all this spiritual stuff is supposed to be helping me lead a more meaningful life. My point being that it is only help, but the world we live in is real life.

I think an important part of what this type of existence can teach us is how to meaningfully, honestly, and fairly interact with other individuals. That a goal of our world. All these ideas are really only help. I try not to let any ideas come between myself and an open and honest interact with someone. If a teaching doesn’t appeal to someone, I say don’t force it. There are other ways to help others understand.

I’ve found that it is best to approach an interaction with what I describe as “your guard down.” This opens you to allow the flow of more positive energy from yourself. Whether others realize it or not they are affected. They no longer tend to view the situation as an attempt to get something from them, but as an honest exchange of information. They are able to get let there guard down because they don’t feel the need to defend their own position. This really seems to help me break down barriers in communication. No one has to defend themselves or their ideas, so everyone can be more open to other ideas.

Keeping “your guard down” has proven to be an incredibly useful skill when dealing with everything from my supervisors at work, to talking to people about religion and spirituality.

The whole dynamic of an interaction can change from separate individuals each espousing and defending there own position, to a group interaction looking for common ground.

Wow, thanks for posting that Mike. I think you've got a great perspective on life, and I really like your idea of approaching every dialog with a guard-down approach. I think that's one of the first things we need to change as a species if we intend to evolve in a more harmonious manner. I suppose you could say that that's one of the basic concepts with interaction in 4th density, or within a social memory complex.

A bit of a coincidence that I should run across your post. I have a wee bit of recurring catalyst that I am working through, and one of the (partial) solutions I had brainstormed the other day would be an attempt at near-complete honesty when interacting with others. It's amazing how frequently in a day we may alter what we say to others to save face, save emotion, or some other reason. Even the small stuff.

Here is a quote that spurred me to consider this.

Session 48 Wrote:There is always some difficulty in penetrating blue primary energy for it requires that which your people have in great paucity; that is, honesty. Blue ray is the ray of free communication with self and with otherself
hello jc2412 (& everyone else),
when i saw your thread title, i just had to open and read as well as reply. i am in the same boat except my ship is sinking. i am married to a non-believer as well and heading for a divorce. i do not really have any advice for you as who i am to be handing out advice with my poor track record. not to mention that everyone and every relationship is a unique case. i just posted (my first post BTW) because i was drawn to your thread because of my own spiritual crisis with my maritial situation. what i really want to say to you is that you have my sympathy, you are not alone and i hope everything resolves itself to your satisfaction whatever that resolution may be.
Smile
I wish you the same JMF...keep your head above water and don't follow the frustrations. And welcome to the forum, feel free to hang out more often. We know you exist now.. If you don't occasionally check in we may have to go and find you Wink

My relation is pretty much the same. It's not dead yet, it's also not alive either. And formally it's over. Fortunately no kids or complicating factors here. We just live together. So far we manage to do this without anger and blame games. But I cannot avoid occasional frustration and just blagh, what a mess.

Life goes on, what we make of it is literally our choice. Even if we don't have the choice to go back to the old ways, we do have the ability to choose between a positive and a negative outcome...

ayadew

And sometimes, you can't even stand the relationship to yourself.
If that happens, work on the relationship Smile

I'm smiling, but it's a prerequisite for happiness to be able to deal with yourself. So make this work, even if it requires irrationally beginning with worshiping the self.

ayadew

This link has been posted before, but fits here I'd say...
http://iasos.com/metaphys/3d-4d/

Brittany

I can’t deny this is a tough situation. Though my husband isn’t what I’d call a “believer,” he’s very open-minded and has yet to call me crazy for what I believe. Still, I had some of the same difficulties with my parents, who are Christians, and a lot of the friends I grew up with in my old church.

The first word of advice I would give is to let your example, not your words, be the strongest aspect in your quest to make others understand. I’ve barely told anyone about my awakening since it happened, but everyone can notice a difference in my behavior. People are absolutely stunned at how I’ve sprouted such a positive attitude, completely turning my life around, and their responses toward me have changed. If someone can see that you are happy, fulfilled and generally satisfied in living a life of service, they will automatically wonder what you have that they don’t. Simply apply the principles you’ve learned to their fullest extent, and your wife might be the one who will start asking the questions!

Secondly, take it slow. If you dump a whole load of, we’ll use the word ‘surprising’ information on someone, they tend to go into shock, freeze up and close off because they really have no idea how to react. Talking about channeling ancient entities and raising vibrations to bring about a new earth would overload the system of most average Joes, but perhaps you could simply relate some of the more practical wisdom you have gleaned. This is what I’ve been doing with my parents. I tell them the perspectives I’ve developed on loving and respecting others, letting them know how happy it’s made me to realize these things, without actually letting them in on my ‘new religion’ so to speak. They admit they’ve noticed a huge change in my behavior, and though I’m not close to ‘converting’ them yet, it seems to have a much more positive effect on them than when we were simply arguing over whose opinion was right.

Basically, you don’t have to change a person’s beliefs, you just need to teach them how to open their hearts and those other changes will follow. People need time to adjust, and I believe if they get themselves in the right state they will eventually seek out answers for themselves. The Confederation itself states that it doesn’t matter what name you give God, as long as you apply the principles the Creator represents. A truly heartfelt prayer from any religion will reach the ears of the divine.

Still, there’s a chance that nothing will work and your wife will remain as she is and not accept any of your beliefs. That is where following your own guidelines comes in. You must continue loving her, seeing her for the fragment of divine material that she is, doing your best to leave as many doors open as possible on your part.

Hopefully with time and mutual understanding you can both grow and evolve in your relationship, no matter the results of your efforts. I wish you the best of luck
Well written post Anktu. Thank you!
Amen... Smile We want people to see things our way. But it's better if they see things their way, whichever way that is.