Bring4th

Full Version: Color Psychology
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was thinking about the affect of colors when considering how the chakras and bodies, in the Ra material, are referred to by their colors.

There is one quote in the material referring to the use of the colors themselves in therapy, which is not particularly enthusiastic, but does seem to acknowledge some effect:

Quote:33.3 Questioner: Thank you very much. We have a device for so-called color therapy, and since we were on the concept of the different colors in the last session I was wondering if this would in some way apply to the principle of color therapy in the shining of particular colors on the physical body. Does this create a beneficial effect and can you tell me something about it?

Ra: I am Ra. This therapy, as you call it, is a somewhat clumsy and variably useful tool for instigating in an entity’s mind/body/spirit complex an intensification of energies or vibrations which may be of aid to the entity. The variableness of this device is due firstly to the lack of true colors used, secondly, to the extreme variation in sensitivity to vibration among your peoples.

One of the problems may be cultural associations of color as well as individual preference and sensitives which may make the therapy not particularly useful.

However, my interest here is not in the therapeutic use of color, but in color psychology itself.

I want to know if over a large population, it can be said that different colors have different sorts of effects on people.

I believe that there are some studies saying colors do have an effect; however I can't find the particular ones right now, though even the Wikipedia page does seem to accept some measurable affects.

For now I'm going to put a few simple assumptions and try to correlate these with the rays:

Red is the most attention-getting, as we would expect by it being the base chakra and the first to react to experience. Passionate and power

Orange is a sensuous color; we would expect it to be the most explicitly sexual and food-based color because of what orange ray is.

Yellow is of course the chakra of the mind and I'm supposing can (over?)stimulate the nerves. It's actually the most difficult color for the eyes to take in; being that we are in the third density of yellow it makes sense we wouldn't need any more stimulation of it.

Green Immediately after yellow is the first cool color, and first ray of spirit. A very different effect from yellow, it is calming and soothing. Actually said to be the easiest color for the eyes to take in, makes sense because third density moves towards 4th or green.

Blue is seen as trustworthy, presidents wear blue ties when they want to be trusted (versus red when they want to assert power) in the Ra material blue is the ray of truth and free communication.

Indigo/Violet
(purple) symbolizes mystery and magic, makes sense because of the third eye association.
I remember reading about a psychologist who painted a the change room of the home football team red, and the change room of the visiting football team sky blue, I think it was in an american univeristy in the 60's, not sure. The result was the home team was more aggressive and the visiting team was less aggressive and a rule was made that all change rooms have to be painted the same colour. These are the most obvious examples of colour affecting the psychology of all humans because red is the colour of blood which probably triggers some genetic memories from ancestors who hunted. And its hard not to be happier than you would have been when its a sunny day with little or no clouds in the blue sky. I don't think your interpretations of the colours would apply to all people, I do agree with most of them but only because I read The Law of One, so If I see indigo I think of the 6th chakra, but when most people see indigo I have no idea what the effect would be, perhaps there wouldn't be any universal effect of colours on people other than red making people more aggressive and nature-related colours like blue and green making people more calm. Maybe you could look up some studies on this psychology journals.
(01-18-2011, 11:35 PM)jivatman Wrote: [ -> ]Indigo/Violet[/b] (purple) symbolizes mystery and magic, makes sense because of the third eye association.

purple is not associated with third eye, and indigo and purple are two separate colors, and chakras.
(01-19-2011, 07:41 AM)unity100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-18-2011, 11:35 PM)jivatman Wrote: [ -> ]Indigo/Violet[/b] (purple) symbolizes mystery and magic, makes sense because of the third eye association.

purple is not associated with third eye, and indigo and purple are two separate colors, and chakras.

I just love how unity lays down the law here. Absolutely no doubt in these words BigSmile

- -

as for myself, I've definitely been drawn to different colors in my life. I went through a true 'blue and white' phase, and wore that combo almost exlusively for years. Then I switched to reds, and now pinks/purples/orange is my sort of thing.

maybe at some level of awareness I am applying 'color therapy' to balance out certain distortions/weaknesses in my auric field.

it is definitely an interesting point to consider; and mainstream science would just dismiss it out of hand as being 'kookery'.

anybody here remember David Icke's Turquoise fad? BigSmile the media had a field day ...

- -

a shame that I forgot to read this before posting ...

(01-18-2011, 11:35 PM)jivatman Wrote: [ -> ]However, my interest here is not in the therapeutic use of color, but in color psychology itself.

oh well lol
Show business has green rooms for performers to await their turn on stage. Handlers introduce psychotic patients to a pink surrounding to calm them. Pink is also popular for trauma centers, juvenile detention and drug rehab.

Here's a brief intro I found: Color Therapy

BTW, I think Ra implied that the device didn't use true colors because it made a color light by filtering a "white" light, whereas they would use sunlight and a prism.
For what it's worth, I've always associated music with colours in my brain. The more vivid the colours, the more likely I am to enjoy the particular song.
(02-08-2012, 10:09 PM)TheFifty9Sound Wrote: [ -> ]For what it's worth, I've always associated music with colours in my brain. The more vivid the colours, the more likely I am to enjoy the particular song.

That's the most common form of a phenomenon called Synesthesia

Found this document to be interesting.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/11272712/Colou...a-of-Light