Bring4th

Full Version: A football analagy for the archetypes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm interested in starting a thread that builds on the Major Arcana discussions of Ra in Book IV of the Law of One, but I feel that we are at a significant disadvantage not having Ra, or one well versed in their various layers of meaning to act as teach/learner to our learn/teachers.

So, recognizing that it should be a largely personal endeavor, but one that can benefit from peer review and discussion, I propose that we begin some discussions and see if the experience is rewarding to those involved.

I thought that I would start things off with a completely different approach just to introduce the basic concepts of the 22 cards and their associated roles. I asked myself the question:

"If Ra were defining the Major Arcana today, using American Professional Football as a context (rather than Egyptian Mythology), what might be the names associated with the various roles?" I came up with the following mapping for your consumption and discussion/entertainment. Some of the roles are transparent, others are obtuse or even absurd, but hey, iI never said they were right!

The intent of this exercise is to gain a more intuitive feel for what the various roles mean in our more colloquial lives and help us better understand what is meant by the cards of the Major Arcana. You may want to refer to the cards in the intro to The Law of One Book IV, to refresh your memory about the current Major Arcana.

The Mind
Matrix => Quarterback
Potentiator => Playbook
Catalyst => Audible
Experience => Field goal kicker
Significator => Coach
Transformation => Turnover
Great way => Sports Commentator

The Body
Matrix => Draftee
Potentiator => Trainer
Catalyst => Sideline bench
Experience => Touchdown
Significator => Father
Transformation => Injury
Great way => Pharmacist

The Spirit
Matrix => Pep Rally
Potentiator => Cheerleader
Catalyst => Star Player
Experience => Announcer
Significator => Sponsor
Transformation => Owner
Great Way => Hall of Fame

The Choice => The Football Fan

I'll let you draw your own conclusions as to what I think about football fans.

Anybody want to play?

3D Sunset
I'll bet a game could really be developed using this card system. Hmmm. A LOO oriented game?

Not entirely related, but similar, here is a playing cards analogy of the Centers:

http://glossary.cassiopaea.com/glossary....905&lsel=C

I like the idea of making spiritual card analogies and making games out of them; Perhaps games that can serve to open one's mind in regards to the possibilities and implications of certain energy blockages or disruptions?

Just for interest. Carry on with the original topic. Unfortunately, I haven't read all of the Ra material so I can't participate here.

- Memorandem
Uh oh, I know nothing about football...!

ayadew

I'm sorry, my friend. I am highly interested in Tarot but I also know nothing of this perspective. =)
Football? You mean that weird eggball game you play? Seriously, what's so foot about it? Might as well call it handball... But offcourse that name was taken !

Just playing with you Smile Unfortunately I also know next to nothing about football. But I like your practical approach to figuring out how things work.
(03-30-2009, 01:09 AM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]Uh oh, I know nothing about football...!

Okay, fair enough. It does sound like we have some interest in examining the Major Arcana and building on the foundation set by Don, Carla and Jim, though. In choosing football I was looking for a shared fund of knowledge, independent of spirituality that we could draw on to see how the cards of the Major Arcana map onto modern symbols.

I presume that we'll run into the same problem if we choose a different sport like basketball, baseball, cricket, rugby, or European football (aka soccer to us in the USA. So are there any suggestions that are independent of sports as well? I could see business and government having problems as well, perhaps pop culture, or modern (western) culture in general?

What I'm looking for is a means of seeing some of the relationships of the roles of the Major Arcana, before we dive into the more arcane, if you will, aspects of the Arcana.

I'll ponder this a little more as well. Send in any ideas you all have.

3D Sunset
(03-30-2009, 01:09 AM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]Uh oh, I know nothing about football...!
(03-30-2009, 08:25 AM)3D Sunset Wrote: [ -> ]I presume that we'll run into the same problem if we choose a different sport.... So are there any suggestions that are independent of sports as well? ...What I'm looking for is a means of seeing some of the relationships of the roles of the Major Arcana, before we dive into the more arcane, if you will, aspects of the Arcana.

I'll ponder this a little more as well. Send in any ideas you all have.
3D Sunset

Given that a regular deck of a 52 deck of playing cards was in fact derived from the Tarot, perhaps it might be apropos to remain somewhat grounded to cards and same, while yet being divergent, say within a card game. Cards are almost Universal to all peoples. Perhaps different players, say poker, might represent the Archetypes? Or perhaps the cards themselves, as originally an outgrowth of the Tarot, might work better, as in staying true to the cards, thus using the positions of the court, but as in politic/power/STO-STS, with the the King, Queen, Jack (Prince), etc serving as the representative body, and to which almost all, once again, may be able to Universally identify with, perhaps still within a game, as in the poker e.g., or totally outside of a game?

Dunno. Woud need some thought and playing with the idea to come up with a solution of sorts...

Being the entrepreneur/investor I have taken the role of in this life, it occurs to me, with tongue only slightly inserted in cheek, as in one foot in the joke and one foot out, we might patent it, put it on the market, and donate it to the L/L.

"Poker and the Game of Life", or "The Path of Poker" ...stop me...I could go on...

Just playing with your idea,

Q
With us all now acting as learn/teachers, hopefully together we form a critical mass of knowledge and inspiration to fill the role of teach/learner. Please note that I consider myself only the facilitator of these discussions, and am no more than an interested participant otherwise.

That said, let me suggest a new approach. Why not briefly examine the major roles of the Arcana and discuss our perspectives of what they may represent within the Archetypal mind. Initially, I would ask that we discuss the roles without looking at the drawing on the cards, just by examining what we understand about the role and what we can glean from the name. To review, below are the major roles which are replicated for mind / body / and spirit.

Matrix
Potentiator
Catalyst
Experience
Significator
Transformation
Great way

Let's begin by looking at the Matrix of the mind. At a high level, we understand that Matrix of the Mind to represent the conscious mind and the storehouse for experience gained in the present incarnation. What are the questions and feelings we each have about the Matrix of the Mind, termed "The Magician".

As food for thought, here are some definitions for the term "matrix" from popular dictionaries:

+ that which contains and gives shape or form to anything.
+ a square array of quantities or expressions set out by rows and columns
+ in an organization, "Matrix management" is a mean of managing a number of diverse projects all competing for the same resources.

I would point out that we should consider nothing as off limits in this process of discovery, for anything may be significant for one or a group of us. For example, consider the term: "the Matrix". Immediately I am reminded of the popular movie trilogy by the same name. Is there something for us to glean from this name? I suspect there is. Is Keanu Reeves perhaps a Pop Cultural character representing the matrix of the mind?

Here are some questions I'd like to explore about the Matrix of the mind:

- Why was the card dubbed "the Magician"?
- What is the purpose of the "Magic" associated with this Magician?
- Why is the matrix the first archetypal role?
- Does the term Magician imply a male?

After exploring the Matrix of the Mind at this high level, we will move on the Potentiator. As we examine subsequent roles, we will also look at the interplay between each new role and the earlier ones we've examined.

Is this approach acceptable? What other aspects of The Matrix of the Mind would others like to consider?

3D Sunset
(03-30-2009, 12:25 PM)3D Sunset Wrote: [ -> ]Why not briefly examine the major roles of the Arcana and discuss our perspectives of what they may represent within the Archetypal mind.

Let's begin by looking at the Matrix of the mind. What are the questions and feelings we each have about the Matrix of the Mind, termed "The Magician".

Here are some questions I'd like to explore about the Matrix of the mind:

1. Why was the card dubbed "the Magician"?

The Magician seems to be resonate with the word Alchemist, both words in this context implying He/She which is able to be transcendent, able to indeed ultimately transcend to that space where all is merged, all is resolved, all is absolved, where all is ultimately able to be turned into Gold, as it were. God's gold. We are IT, God's in the making. We are "THE TRANSMUTATION" of the Alchemist, at the hand of ourselves "THE ALCHEMISTS", transmuting our experience into that which is Purity, as in absent the connotation of that which is less than, as in the highest of all precious metals = Gold. We are Golden, forged through the fire of our experience, at and by the hand of the Magician/Alchemist, our own hand. We are the Magician performing the inner work of the "Kingdom Within" by and through the works of our inherent High Majikal abilities afforded us through the highest marriage of all, free will spiraling ever higher in sentience.

Quote:2. What is the purpose of the "Magic" associated with this Magician?

As stated above. The way of Magic is by way of the inner path, i.e. ultimately turning one's self into Gold, God's Gold, God's in the making, having little if anything to do with that which is of the outer, but not altogether ruling out that the inner may be made manifest reflected in the outer, and thus viewed/experienced as though Magic by the carnal or uninformed mind, but understood to be True Magic, as in, through the spiritual dedicated conscious informed path unfolding elegantly ineffably graciously as though a sacred walk, this before our very feet that we unfold, unfolding effortlessly or laboriously, whichever our choice...by and through our choice
Quote:3. Why is the matrix the first archetypal role?
It is where all merges, is held, is contained in non-contained form, aspires to, where all descends from, ultimately ascending back to, but as if though on an ever higher spiraled return to a yet higher experience and knowledge upon the return where all is merged. Thus the MATRIX, from which consciousness hails as a vessel, to ultimately return to, which seemingly is presently on another level and order, but is not, is thus contained wholly within the Matrix of Mind.

Quote:4. Does the term Magician imply a male?
No. It is Archetype, devoid of gender, where gender is reconciled. It is neutral in archetype in as much as it is more likened to a space/energy/frequency/vibration/vessel/intersection as part of the sentient consciousness contained as and within, and likewise inseparable, from mind. Magician/Mind/Matrix, where all experience is coalesced and merged to be turned/transmuted to gold therefore has no energetic gender as archetype, whereas the remaining archetypes do.

Q
Thank you Q, for your insightful thoughts. Bearing in mind that we are all "looking through the glass darkly", I'd like to set a tone for everyone's interactions on this thread. Let us play in the dark as it were, and explore each others observations with the same tactile curiosity that one must use when feeling their way, on hands and knees, probing our environment in the moonlight. Is anything clear? No, all is gray. But upon seeing an object by its contrast, we may pick it up and examine it. Perhaps we recognize it, perhaps we find it vaguely familiar, perhaps we may have no idea what it is. But by touching it, holding it, perhaps dropping it in sudden disgust, we have learned about it and experienced it. When we encounter a new object, we must not rush to classify and recognize it. First we must explore it, question it, question ourselves and each other about it.

So in our interaction and exploration of each others perspectives and insights about the cards, let us not rush to answers, let us revel for a while in the questions. For where is more knowledge gained, in answers or in questions?

(03-30-2009, 04:00 PM)Quantum Wrote: [ -> ]The Magician seems to be resonate with the word Alchemist, both words in this context implying He/She which is able to be transcendent, able to indeed ultimately transcend to that space where all is merged, all is resolved, all is absolved, where all is ultimately able to be turned into Gold, as it were. God's gold.

Excellent observations, Q, but isn't the Alchemist, the Great Way of the Body? Does the Magician possesses a less specific magic than transmutation and transcendence? Is this magic only spiritual, or is it physical as well? Is not all the world magical when viewed through an uncluttered mind?

Quote: The way of Magic is by way of the inner path.
Isn't the conscious mind, the matrix if you will, constantly bombarded with sensations and images from the outer world, though? Mustn't the way of the magician embrace both outer and inner, and seek a balance between them? Mustn't the Magician effectively process the outer world into the inner?

Quote:Quote:3. Why is the matrix the first archetypal role?
It is where all merges, is held, is contained in non-contained form, aspires to, where all descends from, ultimately ascending back to, but as if though on an ever higher spiraled return to a yet higher experience and knowledge upon the return where all is merged. Thus the MATRIX, from which consciousness hails as a vessel, to ultimately return to, which seemingly is presently on another level and order, but is not, is thus contained wholly within the Matrix of Mind.

Does this not overplay the stature of the matrix of the mind? Is the matrix first because it's most important, or is it first because it is what we experience most profoundly?

Here's an interesting thought for us to play with as we explore other archetypes: How great, if any, a role does each archetype play in our conscious thought process. Clearly, the matrix of the mind, ever curious, ever creative, is a large component of our conscious thoughts, but is the sole component? Is consciousness wholly contained in the Matrix of the Mind?

Quote:4. Does the term Magician imply a male?
No. It is Archetype, devoid of gender, where gender is reconciled.

Does not the magician seem to possess the positive (male) aspects of action, reaching, seeking, and doing? Does not the matrix need some polarizing aspect to motivate and excite it? Is not neutrality, devoid of gender, also lacking in movement, resting in the now, and not seeking the next? Does not the matrix need a potentiating force? How does one potentiate neutrality?

What say others? What do you feel about the naming "The Matrix of the Mind - The Magician"?

3D Sunset
(03-31-2009, 10:03 AM)3D Sunset Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-30-2009, 04:00 PM)Quantum Wrote: [ -> ]The Magician seems to be resonate with the word Alchemist, both words in this context implying He/She which is able to be transcendent, able to indeed ultimately transcend to that space where all is merged, all is resolved, all is absolved, where all is ultimately able to be turned into Gold, as it were. God's gold.

(03-31-2009, 10:03 AM)3D Sunset Wrote: [ -> ]Excellent observations, Q, but isn't the Alchemist, the Great Way of the Body? Does the Magician possesses a less specific magic than transmutation and transcendence? Is this magic only spiritual, or is it physical as well? Is not all the world magical when viewed through an uncluttered mind?

I would suggest we utilize these words perhaps more as allegory by analogy. From Wikipedia: Alchemy is both a philosophy and a practice with an aim of achieving ultimate wisdom this towards achieving ultimate immortality intimating the LOO concept of infinity. Thus as primarily philosophy, it may be argued that the silver or gold transmutation is the transmutation of the inner man (consciousness) vs the outer man (body) indeed aimed at immortality, i.e. . Again Wkiipedia: Generally, derives from the Old French alkemie; from the Arabic al-kimia: "the art of transformation." Some scholars believe the Arabs borrowed the word kimia ("χημεία") from Greek for transmutation.[2] Others, such as Mahdihassan,[3] argue that its origins are Chinese.

Therefore to your 2nd question: "Does the Magician possesses a less specific Magic than transmutation and transcendence?"
Groping in the dark, as it were, I might therefore suggest that the work of the Magician is not only not less specific, but in fact perhaps the culmination of the work of the Alchemist. It is transmutation succeeded, meaning direct success from this carnal world, and of this carnal world, but no longer entirely residing in the carnal world, but rather from, and through it's higher realms achieved, i.e. "Though I am in the world, I am not of the world." The Magician in this sense then is the Grand Balancer culmination not only between this world and the next, but of all worlds, and of all archetypes. He/She/IT is the Matrix.

To your third question: Is this magic only spiritual, or is it physical as well?
Let us assume that Magic being magic, transmutes and transmits through the veil, as in:above so below, such that the Magician is indeed performing Magic by surely acting from a higher realm spiritually, but also magic through the body by acting/reflecting it out physically as well. Thus may the magic from the spiritual be made manifest into the physical, as much as from the physical up through the spiritual, not withstanding that there are those that are more apt, as in adept, magicians than others. The magician manifesting lice in his hair and under a bridge is no less magical than is the one who doesn't. It only appears that way in as much as it would seem the one magician is more focused through will and intent than is the other. But both are equally performing magic through manifestation which is running up as much as it is down.

(03-30-2009, 04:00 PM)Quantum Wrote: [ -> ]The way of Magic is by way of the inner path.
(03-31-2009, 10:03 AM)3D Sunset Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't the conscious mind, the matrix if you will, constantly bombarded with sensations and images from the outer world, though? Mustn't the way of the magician embrace both outer and inner, and seek a balance between them? Mustn't the Magician effectively process the outer world into the inner?

Yes, partially, to all 3 question. It would seem we are falling into the trap of defining the mind as being contained in the body physical? You state "Isn't the conscious mind, the matrix if you will" as seeming to suggest that the Matrix Of The Mind is relegated to the 'conscious mind' alone, as in "conscious mind/the matrix" as written. I would to the converse suggest that The Matrix of The Mind as that property, if you will, as being the amalgamation between 'Consciousness' and the 'Conscious Mind', thus by way of alchemy becoming the Magician. Herein is where I suggest that the Magician has merged consciousness with his conscious mind, thus the awakening. It seems you are suggesting that the mind, as in conscious mind, lies, by definition, within the realm of the body physical alone(?) i.e. the brain, or some other such location or organ? It is an old argument we are all familiar with, yet we continue, by conditioning alone, to perhaps name the mind as though physical. One's consciousness, it may be argued, is not in one's conscious mind (God help us if it were), and as such is no greater outside the body than it was when within it. Therefore attempting to contact dear dead Uncle Charley may have no more value than when he was alive. So what then is the fuss of these mediums on TV, and connecting up with dear dead dumb Uncle Charley, no wiser for having ventured into "Crossing Over" with the same consciousness in tact, but no doubt eager to return for a better go at it upon review? But all things being equal, poor uncle Charley not having received his 15 minutes of fame while incarnate, and in the full knowledge that he will be on TV, may do so now while discarnate. It may be further argued that one's consciousness may be stretching and evolving at all times, and thus forever, and so therefore our journey continues, not just within one's body. It may be argued that The Ra Group, certainly being of one sound mind, as such has presumably achieved a grander more elegant "One Full Matrix Of Mind' as consequence. Although understandably we may not be bombarded by bodily sensations when out of it (body), as when in it, it nonetheless assumes the same understanding that this was the very reason we in fact chose to enter it. So, yes to your question(s). It seems that indeed the Magician, as analogous to the Matrix of Mind, is continually seeking balance, within the body, as well as without, and thus therein lies the work of the magic, and independant of where consciousness is residing at any given time. In this context, it may be argued that the Matrix of the Mind survives the body, as in the example of Ra, and that it is a given that archetypes are resonate energies having no physicality. Were one to argue to the contrary, then where is the Hierophant, where is the Priest, where is the Priestess, etc. It is perhaps more as regards 'The Matrix of Mind' than the other archetypes, that indeed as a result of the word 'MIND' that we become attached to that which may seem physical. And thus we return to our posts from "The Harvest - What Is Everyone's Gut Feeling on 2012", post #173 on the folly of words.

(03-31-2009, 10:03 AM)3D Sunset Wrote: [ -> ]3. Why is the matrix the first archetypal role?

(03-30-2009, 04:00 PM)Quantum Wrote: [ -> ]It is where all merges, is held, is contained in non-contained form, aspires to, where all descends from, ultimately ascending back to, but as if though on an ever higher spiraled return to a yet higher experience and knowledge upon the return where all is merged. Thus the MATRIX, from which consciousness hails as a vessel, to ultimately return to, which seemingly is presently on another level and order, but is not, is thus contained wholly within the Matrix of Mind.

(03-31-2009, 10:03 AM)3D Sunset Wrote: [ -> ]Does this not overplay the stature of the matrix of the mind? Is the matrix first because it's most important, or is it first because it is what we experience most profoundly?

It would seem not to overplay, as much as simply serve in it's role, as much as does any other archetype, such as the heirophant as the mystagogue interpreter.

(03-31-2009, 10:03 AM)3D Sunset Wrote: [ -> ]Here's an interesting thought for us to play with as we explore other archetypes: How great, if any, a role does each archetype play in our conscious thought process. Clearly, the matrix of the mind, ever curious, ever creative, is a large component of our conscious thoughts, but is the sole component? Is consciousness wholly contained in the Matrix of the Mind?

It might be argued that until a teacher or wayshower, be it an experience, or those such as Ra, gives the teaching/thought/example of the archetype, that these roles would forever remain submerged, and therefor never play even a small component in our conscious thought process (i.e. said magician under bridge with said 2nd density lice in hair, as much as said Wall Street Broker with hardly much more consciousness, albeit sleeping in better diggs, this as result of perhaps more focus, but neither being aware of archetypes consciously). Perhaps to your more intended statement however, each role is as significant as the other, and yet none reside wholly contained in the mind consciously, as the mind in this context is not a place, as much as consciousness is not a place, as much as the Matrix of the Mind is not a place or location, as much as it is a resonate energy by, this by way of a universal subconscious representation. I would argue that consciousness is not contained anywhere, as much as it is not contained in the Matrix of Mind. It IS the Matrix of Mind. It may be argued that God is Consciousness, that we are Children of His Consciousness, and as such we are part and parcel of that Matrix, the Mind of God, the Matrix of God if you will, part of and yet separate from, contained not in our conscious mind, but indeed transcendent.

(03-31-2009, 10:03 AM)3D Sunset Wrote: [ -> ]4. Does the term Magician imply a male?

(03-30-2009, 04:00 PM)Quantum Wrote: [ -> ]No. It is Archetype, devoid of gender, where gender is reconciled.

(03-31-2009, 10:03 AM)3D Sunset Wrote: [ -> ]Does not the magician seem to possess the positive (male) aspects of action, reaching, seeking, and doing? Does not the matrix need some polarizing aspect to motivate and excite it? Is not neutrality, devoid of gender, also lacking in movement, resting in the now, and not seeking the next? Does not the matrix need a potentiating force? How does one potentiate neutrality?

One does not potentiate that which may be beyond potentiation. Potentiation, it may be argued, is the domain of incarnation, be it 1D, 2D, or 7D. I would continue to suggest that the Matrix Of Mind as indeed being analogous to Consciousness, and as such indeed devoid of polarization, and as such operating not in neutrality, but above it, as in time/space vs space/time. Consciousness as such, abiding in time/space, rests not in neutrality, but outside of it. Consciousness as such indeed then rests in the All Present Now. Allowing us the example, if I may be so bold as to suggest, God rests neither in Space or in Time, nor in Time or Space, but outside of both. Perhaps we aspire through the Awakened Consciousness to the same rather than the former.

I would once again, in humor as much as in caution, judiciously suggest that words are very tricky things indeed, and as such may act as though magnetic poles that attract certain understandings to them, this by way of their definition in connotation to conscious thinking, even when intelligent or abstract, or both (lol), but perhaps more particularly when abstract, such as those examples previously named, i.e. density vs octave vs dimension, or Magician to Alchemist, verses "to be conscious" to "consciousness". It is as if we must perform the Jedi Mind Trick so that we may disassociate the word Matrix as a Place, or divorced from the word conscious vs consciousness, this as a result of the vibrational association of the word conscious, all of which may easily be construed as though interchangeably utilized as though one with the other.

Offered humbly as conjecture through the glass darkly,

Q
(03-31-2009, 10:03 AM)3D Sunset Wrote: [ -> ]1. "Does the Magician possesses a less specific Magic than transmutation and transcendence?"
2. "Is this magic only spiritual, or is it physical as well?"
3. "Isn't the conscious mind, the matrix if you will, constantly bombarded with sensations and images from the outer world, though? Mustn't the way of the magician embrace both outer and inner, and seek a balance between them? Mustn't the Magician effectively process the outer world into the inner?"

Quote:Questioner: Could you elaborate please on the nature and quality of the matrix and the potentiator?

Ra: I am Ra. In the mind complex the matrix may be described as consciousness. It has been called the Magician. It is to be noted that of itself consciousness is unmoved. The potentiator of consciousness is the unconscious. This encompasses a vast realm of potential in the mind.

Quote:Questioner: I would like to try and understand the archetypes of the mind of this Logos prior to the extension of the first distortion. In order to better understand that which we experience now I believe that this is a logical approach.

We have, as you have stated, the matrix, potentiator, and the significator. I understand the matrix as being that which is the conscious, what we call the conscious mind, but since it is also that from which the mind is made, I am— I am at a loss to fully understand these three terms, especially with respect to the time before there was a division between conscious and unconscious. I think it is important to get a understanding of these three things. Could you expand even more upon the Matrix of the Mind, the Potentiator, and the Significator, how they differ, and what their relationships are, please?

Ra: I am Ra. The Matrix of Mind is that from which all comes. It is unmoving yet is the activator in potentiation of all mind activity. The Potentiator of the Mind is that great resource which may be seen as the sea into which the consciousness dips ever deeper and more thoroughly in order to create, ideate, and become more self-conscious.

Offered as humbly while continuing through the glass darkly,

Q
Thank you Q. I have been considering how best to proceed on this thread. At first I thought avoiding LOO quotes would be beneficial so as to allow everyone to share their unique perspectives on the archetypes. Unfortunately, we seem to have a dearth of participants, and I also want to avoid detailed discussions as to the nuances of each statement, so that we can move at a steady pace.

In trying to understand the relationships and interactions of the cards of the Major Arcana, there are a few things that I have gleaned from Ra.

1. Most, though not all archetypes have gender characteristics that are associated with either male (physical, creating, active, reasoning, reaching, outer, doing) or female (mental, nurturing, passive, intuitive, withdrawn, inner, being). These broad characteristics are reflected by the characters chosen to represent the archetypes. I am interested in exploring and understanding the gender of each at this time.

2. There is a well defined and highly choreographed dance that occurs between the archetypes as each and every occurrence is transformed into its associated experience of the mind/body/spirit which is reflected in the associated matrix of each. I'm interested in elucidating some of this dance so that we may understand the main roles of each archetype before we delve more deeply into their details.

3. Although there are many subjective and personal aspects to be observed and studied in each of the archetypes, there are also a set of more firm basic truths. I am interested in identifying as many of these truths as possible, with the understanding that we are not Ra, and will most certainly exhibit our human fallibility. But I hope that, through discussion, we may achieve a consensus of opinion on these points.

With that in mind now, let's explore some more Ra's comments on the origin of the Archetypes.

First, we see that the concepts of the Archetypes were harvested from a previous Octave, from which some, but not all of the archetypes existed. {On a separate note, I find it fascinating that the One Creator is clearly learning about how to structure creation so as to maximize the efficiency of experience he gains therefrom.} Notably the Experience, Significator, Matrix and Potentiator are discussed. Note how Ra discussed the Matrix and Potentiator as two aspects used to balance all catalysts.

Ra Book IV, Session 78 Wrote:Questioner: I realize that we are on very difficult ground, you might say, for precise terminology. It is totally displaced from our system of coordinates for evaluation in our present system of language.

These early Logoi that formed in the center of the galaxy wished, I assume, to create a system of experience for the one Creator. Did they then start with no previous experience or information about how to do this? This is difficult to ask.

Ra: I am Ra. At the beginning of this creation or, as you may call it, octave there were those things known which were the harvest of the preceding octave. About the preceding creation, we know as little as we do of the octave to come. However, we are aware of those pieces of gathered concept which were the tools which the Creator had in the knowing of the self.

These tools were of three kinds. Firstly, there was an awareness of the efficiency for experience of mind, body, and spirit. Secondly, there was an awareness of the most efficacious nature or, if you will, significator of mind, body, and spirit. Thirdly, there was the awareness of two aspects of mind, of body, and of spirit that the significator could use to balance all catalyst. You may call these two the matrix and the potentiator.

More broadly now, we see a relationship between the potentiator and matrix of each portion of the mind/body/spirit complex.

Ra Book IV, Session 78 Wrote:Questioner: Could you elaborate please on the nature and quality of the matrix and the potentiator?

Ra: I am Ra. In the mind complex the matrix may be described as consciousness. It has been called the Magician. It is to be noted that of itself consciousness is unmoved. The potentiator of consciousness is the unconscious. This encompasses a vast realm of potential in the mind.

In the body the matrix may be seen as Balanced Working or Even Functioning. Note that here the matrix is always active with no means of being inactive. The potentiator of the body complex, then, may be called Wisdom for it is only through judgment that the unceasing activities and proclivities of the body complex may be experienced in useful modes.

The Matrix of the Spirit is what you may call the Night of the Soul or Primeval Darkness. Again we have that which is not capable of movement or work. The potential power of this extremely receptive matrix is such that the potentiator may be seen as Lightning. In your archetypical system called the tarot this has been refined into the concept complex of the Lightning Struck Tower. However, the original potentiator was light in its sudden and fiery form; that is, the lightning itself.

So we see that Ra indicates that the Matrix of the Mind represents consciousness which is potentiated by the subconscious. The Matrix is considered first because the very existence of the entire density is founded on the consciousness. I think that this points to the true magic of the Magician. The magic of creation itself. The on-going existence and support for the 3D illusion is the magical work of the conscious mind.

Ra, Book IV, Session 78 Wrote:Questioner:...You have spoken of the Magician as a basic archetype and that this seems to have been carried through from the previous octave. Would this be in order—if there is an order—the first archetypical concept for this Logos, the concept that we call the Magician?

Ra:...We now address your query as to the archetype which is the Matrix of the Mind. As to its name, the name of Magician is understandable when you consider that consciousness is the great foundation, mystery, and revelation which makes this particular density possible. The self-conscious entity is full of the magic of that which is to come. It may be considered first, for the mind is the first of the complexes to be developed by the student of spiritual evolution.

I also think that it's important to note that although the significator of the mind carries with it all the distilled experiences from prior incarnations, at birth the matrix of the mind and body are pristine, and actions by them are biased out of free will unless acted upon by their respective potentiator. Finally let's see what Ra says about the gender aspects associated with these four archetypes.

Ra Book IV, Session 87 Wrote:Questioner: Why is the male and the female nature different?

Ra: I am Ra. When the veiling process was accomplished, to the male polarity was attracted the Matrix of the Mind and to the female, the Potentiator of the Mind, to the male the Potentiator of the Body, to the female the Matrix of the Body.

Thus begins the dance between mind and body, matrix and potentiator.

3D Sunset
(04-03-2009, 11:40 AM)3D Sunset Wrote: [ -> ]In trying to understand the relationships and interactions of the cards of the Major Arcana, there are a few things that I have gleaned from Ra.
1. Most, though not all archetypes have gender characteristics that are associated with either male (physical, creating, active, reasoning, reaching, outer, doing) or female (mental, nurturing, passive, intuitive, withdrawn, inner, being). These broad characteristics are reflected by the characters chosen to represent the archetypes. I am interested in exploring and understanding the gender of each at this time.

Remaining with the Magician for a moment before moving onto the next card, I might agree with this statement more easily as being truer than the previous question you alluded to as to does the Magician assume a male principle in energy, as in reaching/activating, etc. ? It would seem that the Magician as the Matrix of Mind is an archetype defined as being unmovable as given by Ra. Therefore it seems clear that the Matrix Of Mind does not reach or activate as such in as much as it is unmoving or immovable, but this in a Potentiated State vs The State of Potentiating. Thus as a result is the Matrix of Mind/Magician seemingly in an unpotentiated state as a result. In other words, it is in the state of Potentiated Energy, but while not in fact potentiated, and in no case ever being in the sate of Kinetic Energy. It simply is, thus acting outside of both, and in this sense as though in time/space vs definitions that may allude to space/time.

What seems clearer by the Ra quote below:
Ra Book IV, Session 87 Wrote:Questioner: Why is the male and the female nature different?

Ra: I am Ra. When the veiling process was accomplished, to the male polarity was attracted the Matrix of the Mind and to the female, the Potentiator of the Mind, to the male the Potentiator of the Body, to the female the Matrix of the Body.

is that the Matrix of Mind is in fact "attracted more to the male polarity body incarnate" than is the Matrix of Mind to be understood or defined as an expressive definition of male energy of the Matrix being active vs passive, or reaching vs stillness, where the latter in both cases is more defined as attracted to the "feminine polarity body incarnate" in fact as much in principle as result. We have therefore the ongoing balance/imbalance in dynamic of the Yin/Yang principle in play, to the point of 'He' always lives in his head and logics things out, whereas 'She' lives in her body and feels them out, 'He' solves riddles and needs solutions, 'She' expresses problems needing more to ventilate than solve etc, of which Hollywood Movies have been made from the beginning, i.e. The proverbial Chick Flicks, as much as Self Help books of such genres as "Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus. These principles at play were seemingly more real than we knew when we laughed at either in ignorance or fun.

Here is where sexuality enters into play, as much as in sex, as much as in attraction, as much as in our differences, but also not to be ignored or missed, also residing within the deep resources and reserves of ourselves, both as male and female, as much as to the male/female principle at once we are. Thus it expresses itself outside of us as much as within us. "He" has been likened more unto a Microwave, knowing what he is attracted to instantly, and oft zapping it dry, whereas "She" has been more likened unto a crock pot, slow in cooking, and steaming in her juices. "She" is the wet, warm, dark, damp principle of Mother Earth herself, the soil being warm, dark damp, taking in the seed of life and nurturing it, whereas "He" has been called her Lord, as in in the seed from the tree falling from the Sky above, being the principle of the air, verses her earth in kind. 'She' as the feminine principle lies in wait, passive, recessive, awaiting to be moved, seemingly unmoved (sound familiar guys, in any movie, at any water cooler, or bar?), whereas 'He' as male principle, active, reaching, is seeking to move, and thus awaits the lightening strike active male principle to energize her the passive feminine principle, without which she can not be moved (sound familiar girls, in any movie, or at any water cooler, or bar?), resulting in sexual movement expressed for him and her as both. 'He' however requires also the her-ness within himself, as does 'She' the him-ness within her, as much as both need the other physically outside of themselves in each other sexually, as much as you state 3D that we see that Ra indicates that the Matrix of the Mind represents consciousness (male principle) which is potentiated by the subconscious (feminine principle). The light (he) of the conscious mind, dips into the darkness (her) of the sub-conscious mind, from which the light shining into the dark retrieves it's pearl of life/knowledge/birth of consciousness awakened.

The Matrix is indeed thus considered first due perhaps even presumably the Octave itself, not just perhaps the density alone, being founded on and in consciousness. (Now, might this be otherwise in another density, such that the archetype of the matrix of mind is perhaps more of a feminine principle?) The work of 3D is indeed magical, this by way of and through the work of the conscious mind, but not fully yet magic or magical yet until tapping into the subconscious mind such that the awakened consciousness is activated through the union, marriage, and birth by, through, and in both.

All is allegory, poetry, fractal, and reflection...
as the song goes: "Love is in the Air"

Q
I wonder if Oracles in general could be considered Significator tools, where a significator tool contains information that facilitates the balancing of catalyst. If so, then the ignorance of significator tools may limit or hinder a person from being able to sustain a balanced state of being.

At one time, I considered a variety of Oracles and tried to find connections from one to another. For example, I considered that Yogic Asanas may be considered pathways that corresponded to an oracle, where knowledge of the asanas promoted a greater sense of body balance for the yogi who practiced so. The flexible yogi who can recover balance quickly then became a powerful metaphor for my pondering.

paddy
This seems to be the topic everyone finds most puzzling, but also a very useful topic. I searched the forum and found this thread: http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=214 which was pretty helpful, but then I went to lawofone.info and found this: http://www.lawofone.info/pdfs/archetype-...rkbook.pdf This is super helpful and was just compiled last month.

I was hoping we could try to define each one of the archetypes or give them synonyms if the concept already exists in english. In the topic mentioned above 3D Sunset gave a comprehensive football analogy:

Quote:The Mind
Matrix => Quarterback
Potentiator => Playbook
Catalyst => Audible
Experience => Field goal kicker
Significator => Coach
Transformation => Turnover
Great way => Sports Commentator

The Body
Matrix => Draftee
Potentiator => Trainer
Catalyst => Sideline bench
Experience => Touchdown
Significator => Father
Transformation => Injury
Great way => Pharmacist

The Spirit
Matrix => Pep Rally
Potentiator => Cheerleader
Catalyst => Star Player
Experience => Announcer
Significator => Sponsor
Transformation => Owner
Great Way => Hall of Fame

The Choice => The Football Fan

Except it seems not many people know football well enough for it to be helpful, so we how about we continue this. Defining the words would help:

Matrix: A situation or surrounding substance within which something else originates, develops, or is contained
Potentiator: a reagent?

I know what the rest mean e.g. Catalyst, but I don't know if that's the correct definition in this context.

Here's what I know:
Matrix of the Mind: Conscious, attracted to males
Potentiator of the Mind: Unconscious, attracted to females
Matrix of the Body: attracted to females
Potentiator of the Body: attracted to males
First, some basic information about the tarot:

The tarot itself is a portion of the archetypal mind shared by the entire logos.

Remember, third density is the density of yellow ray, the primary chakra of mind. The yellow ray body is the body you inhabit.

The order of mind, body, spirit is no accident, Ra notes that the mind complex is the first to be activated, followed by body because body is a creature of the mind.

The nature of training mind, body, and spirit are explained a bit when Ra is asked how do healing.

Quote:4.17 Questioner: I have no idea how long this would take. Is it possible for you to give a synopsis of the program of training required? I have no knowledge of what questions to ask at this point.

Ra: I am Ra. We consider your request for information, for as you noted, there are a significant number of vibratory sound complexes which can be used in sequence to train the healer.

The synopsis is a very appropriate entry that you might understand what is involved.

Firstly, the mind must be known to itself. This is perhaps the most demanding part of healing work. If the mind knows itself then the most important aspect of healing has occurred, for consciousness is the microcosm of the Law of One.

The second part has to do with the disciplines of the body complexes. In the streamings reaching your planet at this time, these understandings and disciplines have to do with the balance between love and wisdom in the use of the body in its natural functions.

The third area is the spiritual, and in this area the first two disciplines are connected through the attainment of contact with intelligent infinity.

In 5.2 Ra explains the nature of nature of the mind is that all thoughts have an opposite.

Similarly, the body is polarized

The disciplines of the mind involve the examination of your thoughts, and accepting the completeness of your consciousness.

The disciplines of the body involve examining how the thoughts, feelings, and emotions in the mind affect various portions of the body, and then accepting the body.

In 6.2 Ra somewhat explains the nature of spirit, but does not give specific instructions on balancing it, but explains that when mind and body are receptive and open, the spirit is then used as a shuttle (channel) for energy, information, etc.

Now, proceeding to the tarot:

RA says that all logos of this creation have the Matrix, Potentiator, and Significator because they are the most critical, most basic aspects of Mind, Body, and Spirit.

The matrix of the mind is the magician or consciousness, the potentiator the priestess or unconsciousness.

The first archetype is consciousness, because self-consciousness is the basis of third density and the only density it is worked on to this degree.

There is a veil, a split between the conscious and unconscious portions of mind. This is to allow the mind to view itself.

The mind views and understands, itself when the conscious mind reaches to the unconscious mind to make the unconscious conscious.

unconsciousness is always active and cannot be made inactive, consciousness reaches.

The significator is just a pure representation of the mind itself.

In the body, justice is the matrix, the hermit is the potentiator. Here, the gender order is opposite of the mind, matrix is female, potentitor male.

Justice is the body as it is exists, and is always active and cannot be made inactive.

The hermit in and of itself does'nt move, but understands, the body.

It ceases or uses the body so that the body can (later) do useful work that one wants.

Again, the significator is a representation of the body as a whole.

Another way or describing the matrix and potentiator is in terms of love and wisdom.

Love is the unformed power, the unconscious, or justice.
Wisdom is understanding thereof, consciousness or the hermit.

Catalyst and experience are also split into male and female, love and wisdom. In the mind, empress then emperor, in body it's again the opposite order, wheel of fortune, male then strength, female.

RA says the catalyst if "overwhelmingly unconscious", and "unprocessed", that catalyst of the unconscious portion after first being touched or ennobled by consciousness. As unconsciousness is vast, so are the realm of possible catalysts, hence the earthy nature or the empress.

The catalyst is random (hence wheel of fortune) and can be either good or bad, and may or may not be used. Catalyst can be described as "s*** happens".

Experience is how the catalyst is analyze and digested in order to make something useful out of it. A story is a coherent collection of events that meaning can be derived.

Experience is "A story".

Catalyst of the body is wheel of fortune because what happens to the body is largely random.

Experience of the body is strength, because here the body is used to do something useful with understanding, in this case taming a lion. Here the body now has "abilities/skills"

Both experiences, the emperor and strength, ooze with power.

Experience is the last gendered card in each because next is the significator, and the basic element of the complex.

Transformation of the mind choosing between light and dark. That is, what meaning are you going to derive your own story(s) (experiences)? Note that any story, even those with the most apparently explicit morals, can be interpreted in a variety of ways.

Here we have the maiden or the whore to describe the difference in attitudes.

Thus the STO begins to view all experience from a positive manner, STS, negative.

Transformation of the body is death, for every moment, every night even, you can undergo a death and rebirth.

The great way shows the kingdom, the architecture through which one travels through, the path, and what one gains from it.

Great way of the mind is the chariot, the mind's majestic movement.

Great way of the body is the use of the body, the skills the body for something useful. "Temperance" has long been considered a double entendre for "tempering", the athanor by the alchemist, as Ra says.
Note that what I'm trying to do above is show the simplest relationships within and between each complex.

Not to get off topic, but this excersize is far easier to do with another discipline of archetypal mind: Astrology, simply because astrology is a very long, unbroken tradition and we have bazillions of associations to work with. First I will show some of the oppositions, because opposition is the simplest, and thus the most primal, relationship.

Aries/Libra

Warrior versus Diplomat
Lawyer versus Judge

Taurus/Scorpio:

Demeter taken to the underworld.
Garden of Eden and serpent.
Stash guarded by Dragon (exp: Beowulf)

Gemini/Sagittarius

Travels versus Journeys
Trickster versus Wise Man.

Cancer/Capricorn:

Home versus Career

Leo/Aquarius:

Monarchy versus Democracy
Sphinx.

Virgo/Pisces

Microscope versus Telescope
Science versus Faith
Mary and Jesus
Saved and savior.

Relationships can also be made in sequence ( and grouped in sequence into personal, interpersonal or social, transpersonal), or of course by element, or cardinality.

Here I try to show both elements and cardinality, but that's hard to do, I think I'm successful in at least showing the similarities in elements, though.

Fire:
Cardinal: Wherever I stand.
Fixed: My kingdom or realm
Mutable: Anywhere

Water:
Cardinal: Into my shell
Fixed: Into the deepest depths
Pisces: Isn't this world an inward dream?

Air:
Cardinal: Me and my partner
Fixed: Me and my clubs
Mutable: Me and my friends

Earth:
Cardinal: Where earth meets heaven
Fixed: The ever Untamed, virile Earth
Mutable: The harvested field
I was always confused by this. So far I decided to go back and reread the books to try to get a better handle on the vocabulary again. But when it got to the Potentiator, Significator, etc. I keep getting lost.
The one thing that doesn't seem to click off the bat is The Matrix.. wouldn't that have been the Field they were playing on? Or the stadium even?
I think I saw a similar entry before with football entries to try to make it easier to understand, I was hoping it would click then Smile
Thanks for breaking it down still.
Your first post was awesome jivatman, thanks for sharing it. I have no idea what your second post means though.