Bring4th

Full Version: Stone balancing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's something for you to try that is very zen-like and meditative! It's not to be confused with stone stacking, which is simply placing several rocks upon one another to form various sculptures.

Stone balancing invokes patience, gentleness, intent, harmony, and requires stillness of mind and silence. When I first successfully balanced a stone I jumped up in awe. It feels as if you accomplished a near-impossible feat.

The first six images are of Bill Dan's balancing..the other three are Adrian Gray's. You can watch both of them on youtube also.

[Image: 3946995060_da35b4bfb5_z.jpg?zz=1] [Image: face-0208cf.jpg] [Image: 3804910963_88005c5866.jpg] [Image: 65880985_a4962a9c61.jpg] [Image: bill-balances.jpg?w=283&h=423] [Image: bill.dan.balancing.rocks.jpg]

[Image: The+Impossible+Stone+Balancing+Art+of+Ad...812%29.jpg] [Image: stone-balancing%20%281%29%5B2%5D.jpg?imgmax=800]
[Image: The+Impossible+Stone+Balancing+Art+of+Ad...811%29.jpg]
Sounds like an awesome way to balance the Chi. Something to consider later. Thanks for the post.

Perhaps though I will find silence within myself. That looks like a great path to manifestation.
Looking at the rocks has such a calming effect. I would think the beach would be the worst place to try doing that due to ocean winds but a lot of those show the beach.
Wow! Derek that is so cool.

To me, it really animates the stones. What a fun thing to do! Thanks for postingSmile
those images are incredible
there's a toddler tv programme in the uk where one of the characters balances small piles of stones, in a very simple way, but it's very sweet and calm to watch
I was skeptical with the way some of the pictures looked so I wanted to see if anyone had videos about this...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1846313/stone_balancing/

I was speechless.
I wonder, do they have to keep clear minded after, or will the stones ever fall if not disturbed? What about when you leave the area?
The stones will never fall if they aren't disturbed, because the center of gravity has to be found. It's actually better to balance one stone on another that is already stable instead of balancing a single stone on a flat surface. That way you can use the inclined surface of the support stone to balance out some of the top-heaviness..which creates the illusion that it looks impossible.

It's implied but it's not easy. I've spent 2 hours trying this and have only been successful twice. Since winter has settled in I haven't been able to practice.
That's really awesome. I've seen it before but those are definitely some of the most impossible-looking ones I've ever seen. i can't wait for the spring so I can try it again, only tried it once before.
I added the second small picture above..had been looking for it but just found it.
yes, these pictures sum up what it is like to balance the energy centers. It is delicate work, and a gentle knock kills it all lol.

thanks Icaro - great post TongueTongue
In my previous neighborhood there is a local street person that balances rocks. He's known to be a bit off center in his mind and has done things like yelling at nothing in particular while standing in the middle of the street. He does this in Fremont, Seattle.

Search "Benny the stone balancer"

For a while I was doing some crazy things myself and would go on walkabouts thru the city. I originally thought I had to move to Australia to do a walkabout but decided its for locals only so went on an urban walkabout.

One day I was walking towards this guy while his back was to me and he had about 7-8 stones stacked up. As soon as I stepped onto the sidewalk from crossing the street they fell over, he turned to me and said it was my fault!

I've talked to him before this a few times and he's said things out of context to any situation but at the time it was what I needed to hear. Well since that day he knows me and any time I try to cross the street to his 1/2 block of sidewalk he points me in another direction. It's funny cause I understand why. Some people are made to put order to energy and some are made to upset that order.

The things I've seen this guy balance and stack is amazing. He does all kinds of stuff but rocks are cheap and free.

I can't wait to try this! Tomorrow first thing.
Did anyone notice the face on the stone that is balanced on the small red stone?
(02-06-2012, 10:32 PM)Listener Wrote: [ -> ]Did anyone notice the face on the stone that is balanced on the small red stone?

[Image: NyVCs.jpg]

we need a caption contest ...