Bring4th

Full Version: 1978 Interview w/Don Elkins & Carla L. Rueckert
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Forums,

You are going to love this.

Don Elkins and Carla L. Rueckert gave an interview to a program on an Atlanta TV station in 1978.

Thanks to Renee, this interview is now available in five parts on L/L's YouTube channel. Total length 1 hour 11 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/user/LLResearch101

The recording has been sitting on a VHS in house for years. Recently it was switched over to DVD by a local company in Louisville. Unfortunately they did not edit the video to improve the quality. They just performed a direct transfer from VHS to DVD. Consequently the quality is poor, but the content remains, in my opinion, fascinating.

Enjoy!
This is like Christmas in January! Thank you LL !!!
(01-24-2011, 08:52 PM)Peregrinus Wrote: [ -> ]This is like Christmas in January! Thank you LL !!!

Glad you're enjoying it Bryn!

We thought people would get a kick out of it as most have seen Don only in a handful of black & white photos.
I was one of those people Gary. For me this was a rare treat, one which I enjoyed so very much. Again, many thanks !
Word! Thanks for sharing, I'll check it out now.
I can't wait to watch this. My daughter is upset that I'm listening @ 5:19 a.m. so I will have to wait, but I agree, what a treat!!!
I didn't know that LL had a Youtube channel. I'm so behind the times Wink
Saw it yesterday- fantastic! How cool is it to see a very young Carla, not to mention Don Elkins?
(01-25-2011, 12:15 PM)Eric Wrote: [ -> ]Saw it yesterday- fantastic! How cool is it to see a very young Carla, not to mention Don Elkins?

I know right?

It's really nice to get a sense of Don. Another cool thing will be Carla's and Jim's comments at the end of each of the Ra sessions.. Smile
(01-25-2011, 09:54 AM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't know that LL had a Youtube channel. I'm so behind the times Wink

You old man! I bet you used to walk to school every day up hill, both ways.. Tongue
(01-24-2011, 07:27 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: [ -> ]Forums,

You are going to love this.

Don Elkins and Carla L. Rueckert gave an interview to a program on an Atlanta TV station in 1978.

Thanks to Renee, this interview is now available in five parts on L/L's YouTube channel. Total length 1 hour 11 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/user/LLResearch101

The recording has been sitting on a VHS in house for years. Recently it was switched over to DVD by a local company in Louisville. Unfortunately they did not edit the video to improve the quality. They just performed a direct transfer from VHS to DVD. Consequently the quality is poor, but the content remains, in my opinion, fascinating.

Enjoy!

You've truly made my night.

A 1000 thank yous to you.
Was Carla's kidney transplant successful?
(01-27-2011, 12:36 AM)lvxseeker Wrote: [ -> ]Was Carla's kidney transplant successful?

An old aviators quote (probably used by Don) was "Any landing you walk away from is a successful landing".

Since Carla is still incarnate 31 years after this interview, I would assume it was successful Smile
That is awesome!! Thank you guys for sharing!
(01-25-2011, 12:15 PM)Eric Wrote: [ -> ]Saw it yesterday- fantastic! How cool is it to see a very young Carla, not to mention Don Elkins?
Yeah, that struck me too. (I saw this film on VHS at Carla's house at homecoming 2009).

Carla was in her mid-30s when this was filmed, and she looks about 19.:Smile
(01-27-2011, 05:31 PM)Eddie Wrote: [ -> ]
Yeah, that struck me too. (I saw this film on VHS at Carla's house at homecoming 2009).

Carla was in her mid-30s when this was filmed, and she looks about 19.:Smile

What struck me is that she looked a lot like Ahktu does now, from what photos she's shared here. Birds of a feather? :p
(01-27-2011, 03:56 AM)Peregrinus Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-27-2011, 12:36 AM)lvxseeker Wrote: [ -> ]Was Carla's kidney transplant successful?

An old aviators quote (probably used by Don) was "Any landing you walk away from is a successful landing".

Since Carla is still incarnate 31 years after this interview, I would assume it was successful Smile

Bryn, your logic is impeccable.

BigSmile GLB
(01-27-2011, 07:16 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-27-2011, 03:56 AM)Peregrinus Wrote: [ -> ]

Bryn, your logic is impeccable.

BigSmile GLB

But it is an assumption, and may not be totally correct eg. she could be relying on one working kidney, or dialysis or ... many possibilities