Bring4th

Full Version: Talking about the Law of One to average people
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My friends all know I'm very spiritual and have researched much on 2012 and a vast range of spiritual and metaphysical subjects. They ask me about 2012 quite frequently.. They all want a simple answer. When I talk about following the path of service-to-others and all the things that I do as a spiritual person, it seems sometimes that it sounds overwhelming to them. They don't want to put in the effort to meditate, discipline their personality, or learn of these things to graduate. They want it simple. They don;t want to change or even read a chapter on these things. They are happy to hear me talk. I never try and force my research and views on them.
Aside from to love... what other simple things could I suggest to them that will help them to graduate? They also want to know what they're going to -see- for changes.
Do you talk about this stuff to your friends? How do you go about talking about it?
I know I've gotten better at summarizing this stuff in an organized and linear (word-sentences) way but I could use all the tips i can get! They said if I ever wanted to put together a presentation (power point or just speak about it for a while) they'd love to listen.

Thanks! Look forward to all of your responses.

Peace and Love
If someone is ready to change, they'll want to listen to new ideas, otherwise its difficult for most people to want to change. If you want to explain your beliefs to them try to say it in as uncontroversial of a way as possible, something like "basically I treat others the way I want to be treated as much as I can, because I believe we're all connected", you don't have to bring up aliens, densities, the harvest, etc.
(02-03-2011, 08:14 PM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]If someone is ready to change, they'll want to listen to new ideas, otherwise its difficult for most people to want to change. If you want to explain your beliefs to them try to say it in as uncontroversial of a way as possible, something like "basically I treat others the way I want to be treated as much as I can, because I believe we're all connected", you don't have to bring up aliens, densities, the harvest, etc.

Yeah that's pretty much what I try to do. I do mention densities and the harvest though because when this subject is brought up they're usually asking "So what's gonna happen in 2012? We know you study this stuff all the time" Maybe I'm doing better than I thought. They don't think it's weird. Sometimes they will ask how much of this is backed by science and then I'll get into photons, etc and give several examples of experiments relating to energy, waves of possibilities, Dr. Emoto and his water and rice experiment, etc.

I think the biggest things I have trouble trying to explain are rays and the energy body. Pretty sure it took me till book 3 before I had a good understanding of those myself.
when things like this crop up in conversation for me it's normally to do with coincidences, intuition, patterns of circumstances - day to day things, so relating a spiritual concept to something that has happend or been experienced in day to day life

when asked about the 'big' stuff like 2012 my answer would normally be to smile and to simply suggest that any big change is going to be beautiful and that there's nothing to fear and leave it at that

Smile
If they're involved in a religion, I try to put it into terms they can relate to; ie. focusing on the message of Jesus to love and forgive if they're Christian, the Wiccan Rede if they're Pagan, etc.

If they're caught up in fundamentalism, like for example thinking war is ok because the 'god' of the old testament liked wars, then I point out the contradiction between that and the message of Jesus, if appropriate. The question of whether to speak up or not is a matter of guidance and discernment.

Your friends sound like they're already open-minded and receptive. In that case, I'd suggest getting them a copy of Carla's book The Choice as a gift. This book explains the key tenets of the Law of One in layperson's terms, and focuses on the important aspects of working towards Harvest.

Wow, your friends would actually watch a PowerPoint presentation!? That's amazing! In that case, you could get ideas from Carla's book on how to summarize the key concepts. Then you could give them the book as a follow-up, or keep a couple of copies to circulate on loan.
you can tell them some magnetic stress or something that is pressurizing the earth will start to settle down, and this can have positive effects on a lot of things.
(02-03-2011, 09:53 PM)unity100 Wrote: [ -> ]you can tell them some magnetic stress or something that is pressurizing the earth will start to settle down, and this can have positive effects on a lot of things.
What things can you imagine?
If they have requested some type of power point or information then it means they are slowly awakening. You could always direct them to the Youtube Ra Material sessions. I know people don't like to read, but the www.LawofOne.info page is simple and easy to pick and choose what areas they may find interesting to them.
(02-03-2011, 09:14 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]If they're involved in a religion, I try to put it into terms they can relate to; ie. focusing on the message of Jesus to love and forgive if they're Christian, the Wiccan Rede if they're Pagan, etc.

If they're caught up in fundamentalism, like for example thinking war is ok because the 'god' of the old testament liked wars, then I point out the contradiction between that and the message of Jesus, if appropriate. The question of whether to speak up or not is a matter of guidance and discernment.

When I enter into a spiritual discussion with someone for the first time, I'll usually ask them to tell me about their spiritual beliefs so I know what I have to work with. I agree that it's usually a little trickier relating some of the principles to fundamentalists. Otherwise, with a little bit of knowledge about basic religious and spiritual principles, the Law of One is pretty easily related to their own beliefs.

OP, it's important to remember that specific knowledge of the Law of One, densities, energy centers, or any sort of metaphysics, isn't required to meet harvest or even be a spiritually powerful person. The terminology makes it easier for us to understand, but it might sound very odd and intimidating to some. You don't always have to dive all the way into it.

(02-03-2011, 09:53 PM)unity100 Wrote: [ -> ]you can tell them some magnetic stress or something that is pressurizing the earth will start to settle down, and this can have positive effects on a lot of things.

I wonder how many people who ask for a physical explanation, a spiritual explanation, or just leave it at that?
I talk to my friends about t Law of One all the time. Some of them just sit there looking at the floor when they hear what i have to say. Some of my friends feel that they have to take on the arguing point of view (from ego issues i guess) and must argue every little thing, these kind of discussions turn meaningless after a short period of time because whoever does not want to listen, will not be able to grasp information. Some people are ready for it and ask for it, and some people dont.

I have two friends that are totally into the Law of One but they do not read as much as i do. So everytime we meet, they ask me "So, what did you read lately?" And then we start discussing different matters, sometimes for hours. I love these two friends of mine. It seems to me that we accomplished alot spirtually speaking in the last few months together. We were also witnesses to some outstanding phenomenons.
Hmm I definitely like a lot of the responses I'm seeing here. Thank you all. Definitely helping me to fine-tune my ways of explaining. Asking what their current views are and starting from there is definitely a good idea, so obvious but something I actually never thought to do most of the time. I do have Carla's book Law of One 101: The Choice. It's been pretty helpful with all this and Smile

Offtopic but: when are 102 and 103 supposed to be released? Anybody have any idea?
(02-03-2011, 10:04 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]

firstly, i expect some of the stress people experiencing to lessen a bit. at least, for the people who are sensitive to that, and in situations in which they would be affected by it.

some imbalances/highs and lows that we experience in life may also smoothen up a bit, since the flow of energy will start to be more uniform due to alignment.

this will affect the entire planet, and effects of these en masse is something that is not possible to imagine at this point - what these would effect in time/space, and as a result, in space/time, in behaviors of people, feelings and so on.

and then there are a lot of things we cannot make out yet, like what the effect of the increasing full aligned green vibration will physically be, like in the manner of 'thoughts become things' and so on.

(02-04-2011, 01:21 AM)abridgetoofar Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder how many people who ask for a physical explanation, a spiritual explanation, or just leave it at that?

you mean when things happen, or, while asking ?

for, while talking as such, anything goes depending on the inclinations of the person talking to you. it totally depends.

if, any global phenomenon happens, its also the same, but i think that the conscious mainstream will find some rationalization/explanation that would suit themselves. like how it is done for most newly appearing phenomenon. just slap a term and a definition for it and its legit - thats how they do with ufos earth lights etc etc.
(02-04-2011, 12:53 PM)unity100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-03-2011, 10:04 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]

firstly, i expect some of the stress people experiencing to lessen a bit. at least, for the people who are sensitive to that, and in situations in which they would be affected by it.

some imbalances/highs and lows that we experience in life may also smoothen up a bit, since the flow of energy will start to be more uniform due to alignment.

this will affect the entire planet, and effects of these en masse is something that is not possible to imagine at this point - what these would effect in time/space, and as a result, in space/time, in behaviors of people, feelings and so on.

and then there are a lot of things we cannot make out yet, like what the effect of the increasing full aligned green vibration will physically be, like in the manner of 'thoughts become things' and so on.
But the stresses only started around 1936. Before that point, there was less stress and smoother high's and low's? I am really trying to understand what you think you know with regards to your expectation of change, and why you'd use that expectation, in particular, as an example for others seeking information on LOO. The practical or even spiritual aspects seem extremely vague and also quite tentative.

Brittany

When talking about these topics, I tend to let the other person steer the conversation. I generally let them bring the subject up, and I only go as deep as their interest. With some people the conversation gradually gets deeper and you can tell the have the hunger for knowledge. At the point they start asking "what can I do myself?" I begin to offer them the literature I've collected, and any advice I might have in my repertoire. With other people, you can tell they're just wanting to chat, so I keep it simple. In my opinion, there's no point in expending energy telling a person something they're not going to listen to. A lot of people are generally interested in "new age" topics because it's "the thing" these days, but it's about the same thing as being interested in a new restaurant or an online cartoon.

From what I've experienced, people will come to you when both they and you are ready. I've had the deepest conversations pop up with people I never expected would even be interested in the material, and others with people I was sure would be totally into it only to have them toss it to the side. Opportunity tends to strike when you least expect it.
(02-04-2011, 02:26 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]But the stresses only started around 1936.

doesnt matter ? the vibratory change, due to incompatibility of the societal mind that is on the planet, is causing difficulties for the planet physically, right ? as in unusable heat generation reflecting into quakes and other difficulties.

so at this point, do you think it is possible for the societal mind that is being the conductor of these difficulties, to experience nothing during the process ? it is incompatible with the vibrations, and its generating various results due to this incompatibility.

i see it as impossible, for the societal mind, the time/space of the current society etc to be unaffected by a lot of stress by sitting against vibrations that they are not compatible with. its like basic physics - there is an effect/energy, the conductor is not able to conduct that effect/energy, but instead resistant to it, and hence heat generation ensues.

the resistor at that point is sure to experience various stresses and loads

Quote:Before that point, there was less stress and smoother high's and low's?

this part is a many faceted subject. we could say that, however if we look at the near history of earth in last 200 years, it is quite in turmoil.

however there is also the question of 200-300 year long wanderer wave that Ra mentions in regard to wanderer waves coming onto planet to effect various changes.

we cant know how much of the turmoil was due to the vibratory changes coming up and how much due to direct effect of wanderers.

Quote:I am really trying to understand what you think you know with regards to your expectation of change, and why you'd use that expectation, in particular, as an example for others seeking information on LOO. The practical or even spiritual aspects seem extremely vague and also quite tentative.

most of them ask about 2012, apparently. so in that, they are asking about change. some of them, probably are asking about 2012 because they have some affinity with the subject of earth changes etc, from hearsay or random reading. what i had mentioned generally covered these.

it would be rather wrong to feed these people with unrealistic expectations regarding things that we cannot be sure about in regard to what will happen.

in regard to what Ra material conveys (im not naming it Law of One, for Law of One basically means 'everything is one' and there is no other detail to that law - anything that results is a refraction), it is a different matter, but similar.