Bring4th

Full Version: Symphony of Science - "We Are All Connected"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGK84Poeynk

A wonderful reminder of the beauty of our universe. Definitely gives you the sense that these hot-shot astrophysicists and scientists had an idea of what's really going on.
That's my first exposure to this process. I found it equally beautiful and creepy. Thanks for the link.
My friend showed me this months ago, its awesome, I like when Carl Sagan says "we're a way for the Cosmos to know itself", that sounds very familiar to the words of a certain social memory complex Tongue
fantastic, thank you
(02-13-2011, 01:24 AM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]My friend showed me this months ago, its awesome, I like when Carl Sagan says "we're a way for the Cosmos to know itself", that sounds very familiar to the words of a certain social memory complex Tongue

Everything Carl Sagan says has mystical connotations. He was a Mason and apparently a pretty high initiate in the secret mystical schools.

If you watch his TV series Cosmos and read between the lines the entire thing is a spiritual teaching very similar to Ra and other channeled info.

The opening of Cosmos, first episode at the start he says,

"Our contemplations of the Cosmos stir us. There's a tingling in the spine, a catch in the voice, a faint sensation, as if a distant memory, of falling from a great height. We know we are approaching the grandest of mysteries ... Some part of our being knows that this is where we came from. We long to return ... We are a way for the Cosmos to know itself."

Come on Carl, can you get any more obvious? BigSmile

Every episode is dripping with quotes like this. Of course Carl always insists that there is no proof of paranormal stuff including UFOs and spiritual phenomena of all kinds. I'm guessing he was illuminati and oath-bound to downplay this stuff on penalty of death.
thanks yossarian, i watched all the symphony of science vids after seeing this one and i was so struck by the things carl sagan said that i've ordered the dvds of cosmos - looking forward to watching them even more so after reading your post!
(02-15-2011, 05:55 PM)Lorna Wrote: [ -> ]thanks yossarian, i watched all the symphony of science vids after seeing this one and i was so struck by the things carl sagan said that i've ordered the dvds of cosmos - looking forward to watching them even more so after reading your post!

OMG! Great decision!

The DVDs are wonderful. They don't make TV like that anymore.

Not only is it scientific but it also reaches out to infinity and lets you marvel at the astonishing beauty of the Creation. Both the universe out there and our own Earth here.

When it comes to being amazed by the creation and our contemplation of it, the only other DVD that I find to be of comparable quality is Koyaanisqatsi. (Which is another gem you might want to check out after you finish watching Cosmos)
What's 'really going on'?
(02-15-2011, 12:03 PM)yossarian Wrote: [ -> ]Every episode is dripping with quotes like this. Of course Carl always insists that there is no proof of paranormal stuff including UFOs and spiritual phenomena of all kinds. I'm guessing he was illuminati and oath-bound to downplay this stuff on penalty of death.

Maybe it's simply because he knew he couldn't go outside the box if he wanted to keep his standing. It seems he tried his hardest to make sure we got the message though; he also wrote the novel Contact as well as helped make the movie. AND he believed that whales and dolphins were a similar class of intelligent beings as humans.

(02-15-2011, 05:55 PM)Lorna Wrote: [ -> ]thanks yossarian, i watched all the symphony of science vids after seeing this one and i was so struck by the things carl sagan said that i've ordered the dvds of cosmos - looking forward to watching them even more so after reading your post!

I'm happy I could bring Carl into your life, he's taught me a lot.

(02-18-2011, 02:03 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]What's 'really going on'?

I was referring to the idea that life is more than a random physical construct, contained in a random physical reality, something not very accepted in mainstream science. I figured, at it's simplest, that is something most members of this board would regard as the truth Smile.