Bring4th

Full Version: Kidney Stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Brittany

I was wondering if anyone knew about this...I know different parts of your body are supposed to have different metaphysical ramifications, and I was wondering about the kidneys. I recently got declined for life insurance because I failed my medical exam. I passed everything with flying colors except that they detected a high prot/creat ratio. I looked this up and found out it is almost always indicative of kidney problems. I'm doing more research on it, but does anyone know right off the bat what kidneys correlate to?

Thanks.
(02-16-2011, 08:12 PM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering if anyone knew about this...I know different parts of your body are supposed to have different metaphysical ramifications, and I was wondering about the kidneys. I recently got declined for life insurance because I failed my medical exam. I passed everything with flying colors except that they detected a high prot/creat ratio. I looked this up and found out it is almost always indicative of kidney problems. I'm doing more research on it, but does anyone know right off the bat what kidneys correlate to?

Thanks.

I suspect that this is a side-effect of the various drugs that were pumped into you when you were thought mad, rather than something having to do with chakras or spiritual dysfunction.

You might wish to go to this site:
Urine protein: the test
and scroll down to the "What does the test result mean" section.
Well, I belive that the body is an expression/extension of the mind, within certain limits. There are still some pre-incarnatively chosen lessons, non compatibility and so on. But let's consider the first sentence and look what function kidneys have in the body. Kidneys filter the blood from the waste products. The blood is a life essential fluid that runs through every little piece of the body and therefore is highly desired in magical working because of the fact that blood is a fingerprint of your whole essence. Blood taking what is not needed to the kidneys to waste it, but at the same time it gives back what is needed, ie nutriment and oxygen. In that sentence kidneys are the catalysts of the body, they purify it. There are surely many physical explanations to why they not function properly but if you want some metaphysical reasons - are you handling all of your garbage and waste properly in order to maintain the purity? That's the only one I could come up with right now.
(02-16-2011, 08:12 PM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]I'm doing more research on it, but does anyone know right off the bat what kidneys correlate to?
The emotional connections to the kidneys ("water meridian" in Chinese medicine) include "paralyzed will, fear, miffed, timid, inefficient, wishy-washy, comme ci-comme ca, dread, bad memory, and contemplated. "

http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Emotion-of...id=4896813
In traditional Chinese medicine, it is believed that fear is stored in the kidneys.

In alternative holistic medicine, kidney disorders might indicate excessive animal protein, which leaches out calcium, strains the kidneys, and generates uric acid.

Another factor might be inadequate water intake, and/or too much soda intake.

My suggestion would be to address any fear issues you might have, eliminate sodas, and consider alkalizing by reducing animal foods and increasing plant foods and water.

Crimson

Were you prescribed lithium?..how high was your creatinine?

Brittany

The creatinine was 32...whatever that means. Apparently 22 was the end of the appropriate range.

I was never on lithium but I was on a whole slew of other powerful antidepressants and antipsychotics, as well as seizure medications. It was enough to turn me into a zombie for a few years.

For the most part I never drink sodas anyway. I don't eat that much meat, but I don't get a lot of vegetables either...I eat a lot of cereal. Lol. I really should eat more veggies...I really gotta kick myself in the butt on this one...it's something I've been meaning to do forever but I always end up just slipping back into my usual eating routine.

I've had a lot of digestive issues since my gallbladder had to come out...I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

I also read that stuff can appear randomly and then disappear...

I guess I should drag my butt to the doctor. Blarg.
(02-17-2011, 12:00 AM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]I really should eat more veggies...I really gotta kick myself in the butt on this one...it's something I've been meaning to do forever but I always end up just slipping back into my usual eating routine.

Here's an idea: Get a juicer. It's a great way to get the nutrients (and alkalizing properties) of a lot of veggies all at once. And fresh veggie juice is delicious!

(02-17-2011, 12:00 AM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]I've had a lot of digestive issues since my gallbladder had to come out...I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

The organs all affect one another.

(02-17-2011, 12:00 AM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]I guess I should drag my butt to the doctor. Blarg.

You might consider an alternative doctor rather than an MD. MD's generally aren't very well versed in nutrition, much less alkalizing. They've been taught how to prescribe more drugs, which, imho, will just make the problem worse.

If you decide on an alternative doctor, make sure s/he has some credentials. Some naturopathic doctors (ND's) are highly accredited and other just took an online course. But if you can find a good one, s/he might really be able to help you balance out.

Regardless of what a doctor might say, veggies are always good!
I agree with lots of water. Somebody correct me--I think cranberry is beneficial for kidneys. I also agree to cut down the animal protein. Put soy milk on the cereal, not cow mucous.

Here's a way to get veggies in without stress--a rice cooker: I pour enough olive oil to cover the bottom, then put in the rice according to the directions for how many will eat and spread it over the bottom. Next, before adding the water, cut some vegs into chunks so that, say, each chunk would be 2 forksfull. Some that I've used are broccoli, squash (zucchini is good), eggplant and roma tomatoes, and half an onion cut to appropriate size small pieces.

After you add so many vegs, the cooker switch can stay on the Cook setting (the cooker uses weight to tell when to turn off the high heat), so do that. While it is heating up the oil on the bottom, add any remaining vegs; remove the "shell" from a clove of garlic and cut it into bits and sprinkle them on the mix. One clove per person works for me.

Before the water goes in, you are sauteing the rice in the oil, which adds flavor up until the rice burns. You won't take that long. Now add water according to the cooker directions for the rice used; ignore the vegs in this calculation. The steam from cooking the rice cooks the vegs. The cook time is about 1/2 hour.

After you take the first helping or everything from the cooker, put in a quarter inch of water to soften the rice stuck on the bottom. That and the oil make it easier to clean the cooker. You will want some of that darkened rice for flavor.

Serve with salt and pepper to taste, then enjoy.

Meerie

In alchemy, the metal associated with the kidneys is copper. The astrological correlation is Venus (love).
It is amazing how the absence of fear will strenghten the kidneys... or vice versa, my naturopath once injected a homeopathic dilution of copper in my kidney area. Soon afterwards I experienced such a boost of love... it was incredible.
Do you like copper? you could get yourself a copper bracelet.
Another possibility to strenghten the kidneys is goldenrod tea (latin name Solidago virgaurea). It will also help release and get rid of toxins, via the kidneys / bladder.
(02-17-2011, 02:21 AM)kycahi Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with lots of water. Somebody correct me--I think cranberry is beneficial for kidneys.

Cranberry juice is good for urinary tract infections.

There are many great non-dairy milk alternatives. Soymilk has a bit of controversy as do other processed milks, as they contain protein isolates which can be difficult to digest for some people.

Still, I would drink processed non-dairy milks over dairy milks, personally.

Lately I've been making nut milks...mmmmm! Soak almonds or cashews overnight in water, then drain. Then add new water (about 1 pint water to a handful of nuts) and blend on high. Add about 1/2 tsp vanilla and a bit of honey or maple syrup if desired. If using a regular blender you will probably have to strain it. If using a VitaMix you don't have to strain it (but some people do anyway). Yum! And oh so good for you.

fairyfarmgirl

Milk has been associated with kidney failure. Milk contains too much phosophorus which causes the kidneys to have low functioning.

Cereal is full of trisodium phosphate. It is a pesticide that the FDA deemed safe to consume that all cereal manufactures put into the cereals now. It extends the shelf live of the cereal beyond that of a twinkie. This also contains phosphorus.

Do a test. Make some cereal with milk and let it sit for 5 minutes. Go back and sniff it. If will smell like dog food. This is the trisodium phosphate outgassing. It is in Dog and Cat food as well. Which is why many house cats develop kidney disease.

I wish you well.

fairyfarmgirl

Brittany

Thanks everyone. I know my diet is due for a major overhaul. Lately I've had problems drinking milk, anyway. The other day I drank some chocolate milk at work and almost puked.

I've got to find a way to motivate myself to do this...I keep trying but I always end up just going back to my usual crap diet. I suppose I should only buy the vegetables I want to fix each day, otherwise I forget about them and they rot in the fridge. I wish the whole foods store wasn't on the other side of town...meh.

I have been working on the fear aspect a lot lately. I've been a compulsive worrier my whole life, but I'm taking steps to just let all of that go. If anything, I don't have the energy to waste time worrying. Too much else to do.

Thanks again.
Green smoothies work wonders. I use about 1 1/2 blenders full of chopped fresh kale (with tough stems removed), about 10 ounces of grapefruit juice, and two bananas pureed together in a blender. Delicious, nutritious, and raw.Cool

In fact I'm drinking one as I'm typing this.

fairyfarmgirl

Change has its rewards. The keys to lasting change are:

1. Make the Choice to Change

2. Make a list of all your favorite must have foods and then substitute healthier alternatives that appeal to you and are pleasing to you. It is your list and you are the one eating the food... so the choices are really and truly yours to make.

3. Begin Slowly (introduce snacking on crunchy veggies for instance)

4. Reward yourself for making a change with a non-food item.

5. Replace junk food with health junk food. (buzz words: organic, salt free, Non-GMO, made locally)

And do not deny yourself your favorites. When we supress ourselves we wind up binging and then a cycle of shame and blame follows. It is important to acknowlege and accept what you like and when you are ready to either give it up or replace it with a healthier choice. It is all Choice. All choices are valid. When you choose something and the result is unexpected simply forgive and choose again.

I Bless you with Love--

fairyfarmgirl
Soy has issues also...try some of the almond milks. I love the the unsweetened almond milks. Best replacement so far. But I still drink skim milk too.

Richard
(02-17-2011, 03:12 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]In alchemy, the metal associated with the kidneys is copper. The astrological correlation is Venus (love).

The Kidneys are ruled by Libra. Meditate on Tarot card Justice, the colour green, and the note F#
Then The Empress (Venus rules libra) , colour green and F#
Then The World ,(Saturn, exalted in Libra) Blue-violet and A

see divineparadox.com for further explanation

some people's bodies need lots of vegies, others need lots of meat, others somewhere in between. Dr Mercola offers a free online nutritional type test which can give u an indication as to where you might lie in the spectrum

http://products.mercola.com/nutritional%2Dtyping/
(02-17-2011, 10:42 AM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]I keep trying but I always end up just going back to my usual crap diet. I suppose I should only buy the vegetables I want to fix each day, otherwise I forget about them and they rot in the fridge. I wish the whole foods store wasn't on the other side of town...meh.

Don't beat yourself up too much about it. Life is hard as it allready is. Don't put some extra weights on yourself over stuff that in the present moment don't seem to interest you.

(02-17-2011, 10:42 AM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]I'm taking steps to just let all of that go

You can visualize that in your meditation, if you want to, how all the worries fly away from you as butterflies or whatever you want to picture. And how you release your true self, the light and love that is you, from that shell and prison where it is locked.

Brittany

Well, I'm trying to make this work this time. I cleaned out the fridge and am working on restocking it with HEALTHY food. I'm trying almond milk, seeing how I'm getting to the point where I CAN'T handle dairy regardless. Trying to stock up on the veggies and fruits especially. I never get enough of those guys. Kale chips taste a little weird, but I'm coaxing my tastebuds to adjust. Since it's getting warmer, I can also start taking walks again! The exercise won't hurt, I'm sure.

Thanks again, everyone, for all the support and info.
(02-18-2011, 06:50 PM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]Kale chips taste a little weird

Kale chips!!? That's hardcore! Tongue

Brittany

Well, I've always liked Kale. There's just something weird about it when it's crunchy.