Bring4th

Full Version: Hawkins on Aliens
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow.

Today i was talking to my dad about aliens. He asked me "What does Stephen Hawking say about this?" And i told him that i dont really know because i never heard him express his opinions about the matter.

And here you are, my friend. Posting this video here for us to watch. Thank you.
Yeah, he has come a long way in his thinking. Years ago I heard him say that there was no Creator and that the Universe justed happened. We all come around sooner or later.
I dont know, i watched like 30 minutes of it and was pretty disapointed. Its still the same old scientific aproach. Nothing new to be honest. Maybe i should watch more of it. One thing is good though that the animations are high budget and look great.

I hate how he doesnt talk about the possibility that life existed on Mars and he doesnt talk about the nasa images of various structures on its surface.

But then again, why would nasa and other corporations spend billions of dollars to try and find some bacteria and ignore things like structures and signs of an ancient civlization? Carl Sagan once said that it is impossible that Nasa finds life or signs of it and keep it secret because how would you justify the money that is spent on these kind of projects even today. I dont know.
i don't think they'd let him say that stuff. it's like letting Obama talk about aliens.
(02-27-2011, 10:42 PM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]i don't think they'd let him say that stuff. it's like letting Obama talk about aliens.

Do you think that there are only certain things that he is allowed to say?

Its quite difficult to believe that there's censorship on scientists like Hawkins.

I think he is where he is becaue the way he thinks. It suites the general public's thinking... according to what certain governments think.