Bring4th

Full Version: The Real News
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://therealnews.com/

It delivers what the name promises.
Wow, it's refreshing to be able to get non-biased news...

Somewhat similarly, for those who have their rose tinted glasses on!!:

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/
(03-07-2011, 11:35 AM)Bring4th_Aaron Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, it's refreshing to be able to get non-biased news...

Somewhat similarly, for those who have their rose tinted glasses on!!:

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/
too bad there is a price premium to the good news network lololol
(03-04-2011, 03:18 PM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]http://therealnews.com/

It delivers what the name promises.

nice find... bookmarked!
BlatzAdict Wrote:too bad there is a price premium to the good news network lololol

Good point. xD I do remember stumbling upon (literally, StumbleUpon-ing) a good news website that was free a long time ago... So I tried to google for it, and that's the best I could find. Sad
Those are both excellent websites. Thank you! I'm so tired of being horrified by fear-based news, or left feeling suspicious by biased reporting.
Hmm, on second glance, TheRealNews site seems to have a left leaning slant. That's ok with me personally- but my quest for unbiased news must continue.
(03-07-2011, 08:14 PM)Eric Wrote: [ -> ]Those are both excellent websites. Thank you! I'm so tired of being horrified by fear-based news, or left feeling suspicious by biased reporting.
Hmm, on second glance, TheRealNews site seems to have a left leaning slant. That's ok with me personally- but my quest for unbiased news must continue.

I have a theory that the truth is liberally biased. TRNN is liberally biased in suggested Wisconsin re-instate the estate tax levels it had 2 years ago (e.g. taxes for rich people) as apposed to destroying unions. This is also what I'm pretty sure all STO polarized people would agree with, and truth and STO naturally go together.

Also I don't read this site as much but it seems good: http://www.greatnewsnetwork.org/ its all positive news, which is nice since the majority of news we hear is bad.
turtledude23 Wrote:I have a theory that the truth is liberally biased. TRNN is liberally biased in suggested Wisconsin re-instate the estate tax levels it had 2 years ago (e.g. taxes for rich people) as apposed to destroying unions. This is also what I'm pretty sure all STO polarized people would agree with, and truth and STO naturally go together.

Also I don't read this site as much but it seems good: http://www.greatnewsnetwork.org/ its all positive news, which is nice since the majority of news we hear is bad.

THAT'S IT!! *points to your link* Please ignore my previous uninformed ramblings... Tongue

What level of truth are you referring to when you say it's liberally biased? The same truth is also conservatively biased to other people. Do you mean the ways of truth of expression that would lead towards forming a positive social memory complex?
(03-08-2011, 01:53 AM)Bring4th_Aaron Wrote: [ -> ]What level of truth are you referring to when you say it's liberally biased? The same truth is also conservatively biased to other people. Do you mean the ways of truth of expression that would lead towards forming a positive social memory complex?

Yes, thats a really eloquent way of putting it.
I'd like to think that the nature of STO runs in congruency with my political feelings (left leaning) but I can't possibly be objective in that assessment. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's more down a middle road. A while back there were some people talking about more right leaning things in comparison to a STO mentality- I'd like to hear more from them and do some further learning.
If we define liberal as expanding the services of the government and conservative as decreasing the services of the government (except military, intelligence, etc. if you would call those services) then lets remember that the government is the only organization required to be concerned for your well being, or to at least pretend to be. Corporations are not concerned with your well being, many charities aren't either - the government is. Therefore liberals support expanding systematic STO and conservatives support shrinking systematic STO. Therefore liberalism, or more specifically social democracy (the system in Scandinavian countries) is the most STO system of government that still uses money. The Venus Project would be the most STO system of all in my opinion, it doesn't use money.
in eu, liberal equates to fiscally conservative. its kinda vice versa in america. so, a european may understand exactly the opposite of what you are trying to mean, if you name something as 'liberal'.

also, there is some differentiation in between conservative word's usage too. conservative generally takes more socially conservative undertones - religion, nationality etc and so on.

from what i see, social democrat is used for the liberal term you are using (or in general, center left).

3DMonkey

(03-10-2011, 02:25 PM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]If we define liberal as expanding the services of the government and conservative as decreasing the services of the government (except military, intelligence, etc. if you would call those services) then lets remember that the government is the only organization required to be concerned for your well being, or to at least pretend to be. Corporations are not concerned with your well being, many charities aren't either - the government is. Therefore liberals support expanding systematic STO and conservatives support shrinking systematic STO. Therefore liberalism, or more specifically social democracy (the system in Scandinavian countries) is the most STO system of government that still uses money. The Venus Project would be the most STO system of all in my opinion, it doesn't use money.

I understand. It only works if all the citizens are STO as well, in my opinion. Because government is really agreed upon rules, and when people are subjected to rules, disagreements occur, then power struggles, then more governmental rules are in order. STO is the only option to override the inevitable hostilities. A true STO government wouldn't even need government. We'd be freely giving and accepting. Awwww, pure positive electricity Smile