Bring4th

Full Version: Mental Illness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Brittany

Hello, All.

First of all, I would like to say that I have been struggling with mental illness for most of my life. Many of my symptoms have taken on spiritual (even karmic) significance over the past few years, and I've had unusual experiences that I do not thing had anything to do with mental aberrations at all, but I'm not going to try to hide from the fact that I'm ragingly bipolar. For years I've experienced instantaneous, extreme mood swings, plummeting from giddy highs into suicidal lows. Certain behavioral modifications, diet changes, etc. have helped lessen the severity, but I do not think it is something that will ever completely vanish from my life experience.

I've also dealt with OCD symptoms, though for the most part I seem to have grown out of the worst of that. I no longer have to do things like turn the water on and off ten times after I get done washing my hands. I'm also rather prone to psychosis. I operate out of a somewhat uncommon perspective, in that I recognize the hallucinations and delusional thougts I have for what they are and simply ignore them. For the most part I've learned how to maintain a "normal," unassuming existence in spite of these symptoms.

I was talking to a friend last night who is coming into the realization that he is schizophrenic. He's had a much harder time than I have, bombarded with constant hallucinations, delusions and abstract physical symptoms. However, he has retained his intelligence and coherent thought, and like me, seeks to find a way that he can edge his way around the strangeness and live a normal life.

This friend has constantly projected that he is under attack from numerous entities. His behavior regarding the matter suggests overzealous paranoia, but when I did a reading for him, I did sense a presence of energies gathered around him. What I perceived was that these energies simply tapped into the irregular patterns of his brain and tailored his hallucinations to meet their purposes, meaning for the most part they just get to sit back and watch him drive himself into the ground without doing any major work.

I suppose my question is this: Obviously, I think a mentally ill person can come under psychic greeting as easily as anyone else. However, how does one distinguish between the products of irregular brain patterns and actual outside interference? Does it really even matter? I suppose the catalyst is the same, but sometimes the way you would handle one is useless against the other. In my friend's case, sending love and light to the hallucinations that surround him do not cause them to go away, because the distortions in his brain are not healed from this action. To what degree do you all think negative entities could exploit preexisting mental illness in a person (though I realize some people simply go mad because of it)?

I'm really wondering what spiritual distortions cause mental illness. I know anger causes cancer, but what causes bipolar disorder or schizophrenia? I've had a million different theories as to what has contributed to the distortions I currently entertain, but dealing with these various issues hasn't come close to resolving the issue. I was also wondering about how Ra says some wanderers take on "personality disorders" as a reaction to the planet's vibration. Would mood swings or psychosis count as "personality disorders?"

My friend is suffering a great deal, and I and many others I've talked to have had no easy time of it, either. I want to help him, but I have no idea what advice to offer except that he call upon his guidance system and ask the Creator for help, which he seems to be doing quite extensively already. I would never recommend that he go on the type of antipsychotics the shrinks put me on...it would break my heart to watch him turn into a drooling vegetable whose head is full of fog. Alternative healing, maybe? I'm not even sure what the point of this thread is...I'm just wanting to pursue different options.
I can't suggest anything for your friend, but in general terms my experiences suggests that many, many illnesses are pre incarnative choices, and that each challenge in life, including physical and mental illnesses or conditions, offer opportunities for learning for the individual and for those around them

My intuition suggests that these pre incarnative conditions are difficult to 'heal', and that acceptance of them and integrating the challenges they bring into life are part of the learning journey that each of us is on. I’ve found Michael Newton’s research into between life experiences to be very helpful in understanding the health challenges I’ve chosen to encounter.

What I would suggest is that the growth and learning you’ve experienced through dealing positively with your condition is absolutely obvious when reading your post, it's a wonderful thing to be able to share your wisdom and your experience with those who are facing similar struggles to help empower them in making positive choices
Hello Akhtu,
I was diagnosed with bipolarity about 6 years ago. Before that and since I was 16 I´ve been tag with anxiety, depression, ADHA and Borderline personality. The most stable symptom I´ve had was crying over no reason and changing my mood. Also no controlling my emotions and thoughts, and felling very confused and tired.

I don’t think we can generalize and tag all mental illness. Some share more symptoms than others. I never heard that anger provokes cancer. I believe depression does. There is a lot of investigation done on this and its one of the main reason of lymphoma cancer among young people. A have a very good friend who had cancer 5 years ago and he´s 36. He had depression for ages on and off; and wanted to end up his life many times. One of the occasions in which he was down the hole, woke up one morning with a limp on his neck. He said that when he touched it feel that didn’t belong to his body and his mind told him: I´ve listened to you this time. And he straight knew that had cancer. It makes sense to me.

Have you thought about the idea you might be an empathy and your mood changes are due to energies that are not just yours? Check out the book of storms, there is a thread I put a couple of weeks ago in Olio. It might help Wink

Love and light to you and your friend
Our brain is an organ, albeit very significant. People deal with kidney, liver, lung and, even when very spiritual, they may not assume something karmic (my term for pre-incarn choice) or a visit from minus land.

Nevertheless, a brain or OTHER organ problem may indeed be from either of those sources. I propose a multi-prong solution: First, look at the book Depression-Free for Life by Cousens. It has good holistic info for all mental sufferers. Perhaps an equivalent book is out there for bi-pole and schiz too. Check your nearest big library &/or Amazon. Someone recommended this book and I found it in the downtown library. It's good for me and my depressive disorder.

Second read LOO and these fora for dealing with negative greetings. You might as well make their task difficult at least, or chase them away.

Akhu, thank you for being open about your issues. Perhaps your OCD lessened because of a lifestyle change. The Cousens book gives bio-chem deprivation (or excess) as a possible cause.

Yes, I think mood-swings and psychosis count as personality disorders. If you agreed to having them pre-birth, I salute you! That doesn't mean you can't decide to give them up, IMHO. So begin a frank chat with your higher self while you take whatever steps you choose.

L/L Heart
Dear ahktu,

IMHO both you and your friend are very courageuos taking such difficult lessons in this life. By living with these severe mental illnesses and still being able to bring in the light into this world (even if you might doubt it sometimes) is what I would call to have the "cojones"! By being you, you show others that it IS difficult to live with these conditions, but nevertheless you are struggling and doing all that you can. And you are doing well!

Regarding your friend, I am afraid that there are no short-cuts from this, as much as we would like that. Continuing to fight and further, deeper seeking the spirituality is what I would recomend. Starting to seek the Higher Self, reaching out to the Creator and to serve others despite all difficulties at the same time as one accepting, accepting and accepting down that road. And there are moments of total sunshine along that road, that's the sign to stop and enjoy the ride, to breathe out for a little while.

Thank you very much for sharing!

Love and light!

Brittany

Thanks, everyone.

I'm not sure what would make me choose to deal with this pre-incarnatively, except to help me learn humility. I feel like that's a big focus in this life...if my memories of past lives (and this one) are correct, pride has been a severe issue for me for some time, and I've had a hard time relating to other people and not seeing myself as superior (coupled with low self-esteem, of course). How can I not have sympathy and understanding for my fellow man when I've had to depend on others so much in this life because of these issues? It's really taken me down a few pegs. I think that could be one of the reasons I have such an acute empathy as well...in feeling the pain of others, I'm forced to relate to them and see them as equals.

Still, I feel like somehow it is all my fault- like I'm doing something wrong, and if I was doing everything right I wouldn't be so messed up in the head. It feels like a punishment, or like I'm just broken or defective. I know this is not the most rational of thinking, but I feel so pathetic when I go into one of my especially bad bouts...it's embarrassing for people to see me in such a state. I've begged and pleaded that it be taken away, but the message I get tends to be that this is a thorn in the side that is going to stay until the end of the incarnation, and I need to make accommodations to deal with it.

I guess the only choice is to keep going forward.
(03-09-2011, 05:06 PM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, everyone.

I'm not sure what would make me choose to deal with this pre-incarnatively, except to help me learn humility. I feel like that's a big focus in this life...if my memories of past lives (and this one) are correct, pride has been a severe issue for me for some time, and I've had a hard time relating to other people and not seeing myself as superior (coupled with low self-esteem, of course). How can I not have sympathy and understanding for my fellow man when I've had to depend on others so much in this life because of these issues? It's really taken me down a few pegs. I think that could be one of the reasons I have such an acute empathy as well...in feeling the pain of others, I'm forced to relate to them and see them as equals.

Still, I feel like somehow it is all my fault- like I'm doing something wrong, and if I was doing everything right I wouldn't be so messed up in the head. It feels like a punishment, or like I'm just broken or defective. I know this is not the most rational of thinking, but I feel so pathetic when I go into one of my especially bad bouts...it's embarrassing for people to see me in such a state. I've begged and pleaded that it be taken away, but the message I get tends to be that this is a thorn in the side that is going to stay until the end of the incarnation, and I need to make accommodations to deal with it.

Dear sister,

For what it's worth - I could have been writing these words. You are not alone!

Love and light!
Wow, there are so many absolutely stellar replies in this thread!! This makes me remember why I value this forum so much as a place of sanctuary. The ability of you all to speak from a place of deep love and understanding, really bringing out some amazing compassion and wisdom, astounds me.

Although I don't have much to offer, I can say that it is possible to take that powerful amount of energy flowing through you that leads to these unwanted results, and redirect it towards what you want to see happening in your life, what resonates with STO. It's possible to take self destructive energies and channel them into an energy that flows from you in constructive STO. For example, instead of letting my OCD tendancies be self destructive, I instead allow my meticulous attention to detail come out beneficially in my job performance, making my co-worker's jobs easier, and at home, making my roommates' lives less stressful/cluttered. It's done through visualizing/directing your intent towards the state that you wish to be in, bringing it to the present, rather than rejecting the state you find yourself in.

This Kryon channeling also may be of some help. It's about co-operating with your higher self and using the law of attraction to solve incarnational challenges that are out of your hands. Most of it's geared more towards law of attraction stuff, present life issues. But it will work for incarnational limitations too, I think!

http://www.kryon.com/k_27.html scroll down to the first instance of the phrase "golden tray". (or read the whole thing, really. It's quite good! BigSmile )
(03-09-2011, 05:06 PM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, everyone.

Ahktu!!! that's my post, those are my thoughts and biggest issues in life, minus the bi-polar. i have mood issues though. i can't believe you did this. i was just thinking i'm so alone in this world. that noone can ever love me cuz i'm so pathetic, and weird, and crazy, how will i face my shadow self and all that crap? and that i must have had pride issues, cuz i struggle with superiority/inferiority imbalance, lessons in humility, low self esteem, i dunno why i'm in such a big mess though. sometimes i wonder if i'm evil or something but i don't want anyone to suffer lol. i just don't get it. i dunno how to ascend with this baggage. it's too big for me.

you made me feel less like a freak, thank you. and i know you're not pathetic. lol.
(03-10-2011, 04:59 AM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]Ahktu!!! that's my post, those are my thoughts and biggest issues in life, minus the bi-polar. i have mood issues though. i can't believe you did this. i was just thinking i'm so alone in this world. that noone can ever love me cuz i'm so pathetic, and weird, and crazy, how will i face my shadow self and all that crap? and that i must have had pride issues, cuz i struggle with superiority/inferiority imbalance, lessons in humility, low self esteem, i dunno why i'm in such a big mess though. sometimes i wonder if i'm evil or something but i don't want anyone to suffer lol. i just don't get it. i dunno how to ascend with this baggage. it's too big for me.

you made me feel less like a freak, thank you. and i know you're not pathetic. lol.

You see, ahktu??? That's what I meant. You are the true magic, my sister! Keep fighting, keep being yourself! Because you make people to believe and give them hope again. You are performing the greatest service by being yourself! And you are such a beautiful soul and not alone!

Love and light
I kind of know where you're coming from. I had an episode back in October that at the time I thought was enlightening. I was seeing things that weren't there, and my whole reality was different. I didn't know right from wrong, but I believe I still had guidance. At first it was a scary experience. Then I began learning from it. I feel in that I went through the experiences for a reason. I'm still processing what I went through. It was at times intense. I'm on medication now to help keep them from happening like that again till my brain can fix itself.

I like what Ankh says about perfoming the greatest service being yourself. That rings true to me.

BTW, this does not discount what I went through. It was an enlightening experience, and I learned about myself from this.
But I guess I am just tired of the high energy at times.
You have much strength in opening up with such honestly and humility. It already appears that you're aware of particular lessons and are dealing with them. Not having experienced your circumstances, it's impossible for me to understand your perspective entirely.

I am of the notion that you are accessing particular streams of consciousness, which looks to the layman as being bipolar or schizophrenic. They could indeed be aspects of past lives, surfacing in this incarnation. If this is the case, my recommendation would be to meditate on these altered states. Contemplate what the other aspects of your personality are telling you. What can you learn from acting/thinking in these ways?

First and foremost, you must accept them before you can heal them. Do not look at yourself as crazy, different or strange. You are none of these. You're simply experiencing a far less common pattern of waking consciousness.

If I were a betting person, I would say that you're here to experience these things, to overcome them, and then be of invaluable value to others going through the same thing. This seems to be the case with many spiritual teachers. Experience yields true wisdom. True wisdom is a gift to the planet.

I do recall hearing Bashar talk about this subject. A quick search found this:

Quote:Bashar reminds us that in this age of transformation there are many possible future Earth realities to choose from and that at any given moment you can exercise your free will and choose a completely new future Earth reality.

Q&A: The timing of ET contact with earth. Does Hale-Bopp comet
influence our consciousness? An in-depth discussion of the death of the “39”, what they found when they reached the other side and the impact of their actions on our society. Attention Deficit Disorder. Subliminal tapes. Ancient Essassani language. What is sacred geometry? Interacting with the hybrid children. What causes aging and can it be reversed? Understanding schizophrenia and multiple personality disorder.

Bashar is an invaluable resource. Fourth density moving to fifth (as we move to fourth).

Source: http://www.bashar.org/catalog/favoritetapes.html

The CD/Tape is titled: The Age of Transformation

Can't go wrong for $15 :¬)
Ankhtu, you were right about the anger!! just read again session 40 and it says clearly, so I take that back Blush

Gemini Wolf, I feel for you, take care and wish you a speedy recovery Heart
That sounds painful, I get very depressed on a regular basis for days, have some social anxiety, and used to occasionally worry that I may have schizophrenia so I kind of know where you're coming from.

What works for me is the balancing techniques frequently mentioned in Confederation material, and acceptance - which is the core of STO. Imagine your most depressed, anxious, etc. state of mind possible, exaggerate it, then imagine the opposite feeling, you'll become more centered and less swayed by either. You could also do the first step with the addition of loving and accepting those feelings as part of the Creator and asking them to return to their source and come back to you in the form of a more constructive energy. Focusing on the positive could help too: tell yourself all the things you love about you, all the good things you did for yourself and others today, how free you are in your choices compared to less polarized people, etc.

A vegan diet with alot of omega-3 (flax seeds, hempseeds, walnuts) and B12 supplements daily could help your mood. SAMe and St Johns Wort are natural antidepressants you could take when you're feeling down, and of course good old mary jane. Meditation and yoga help alot too. And lastly knowing that we're all here for you, and that theres millions of people in the world feeling the same things as you.

Q'uo:
Quote:there is an infinite flow of riches, beauty, truth, strength, peace and joy that flows throughout creation at all times. Tuning into that is like opening a door in the summer. There is never any need to feel alone, abandoned, neglected or discouraged in a universe so replete with loving energies of every imaginable nature that cluster and gather around each soul that is attempting to seek the infinite Creator.
http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is...226_2.aspx

Brittany

Ocean, I believe I may have originally been on the STS path for some time...the memories of one of those previous lives are some of the clearest I have. I can see how that would affect lasting issues of pride and emotional constipation...You're not a freak, by the way. And even if you were, the freaky people are usually the most interesting. There's nothing more off-putting than a shallow, narrow-minded "normal" person. My husband always says "You are crazy, Baby...but that's why I love you."

Namaste, I can see where you're coming from, seeing how I openly remember several past lives and have experienced fragments of several more. The barrier in that particular area seems rather thin for me. At times my personality has split into multiple pieces, as if all of my past personalities were trying to rush through at once. Integrating and accepting these memories, these "other mes" has been something of an ordeal, but I've gotten to the point where I can have conversations with some of them in my head, and draw upon their particular strengths. I often ask my samurai counterpart to lend me his strength and endurance, and the part of me that was in Orion to lend me her shrewdness and the ability to see through illusions.

It really helps talking about this to you guys. I agree that knowing you're not alone is a great help in itself. Thanks.
I'm here with you all too as I go through the same mood swings. Though I'm unable to recognize any of these parts as different from who I am, it's more like there are just different sides to me with no real identity other than being all integrated into my being. Sometimes I see things, I remember one time I flat out just saw red or another time I looked up at the sky and saw nothing but a green sky. It was so strange and I couldn't describe it to you as everything else looked so, normal in color.

Know that each negative moment is only passing, and it's not going to stay like that forever. I guess it also helps that my spirit guide is in attack mode and protects me always. As does Archangel Michael. Sometimes opening up a dialogue with your higher self can help to allieviate pre incarnational set backs. Whenever I have bad dreams I try remember to send love to whatever it is I have the urge to run away from, or whatever it is that is there to scare me always keeping in mind yes I'm sleeping, I'm always sleeping.

Even this waking life is but an extension of the dream state. There's only one thing real underneath it all, is the energy, the prana, the chi, the chakra, the reiki, the life force energy that pervades everything. This thought helps to fuel my will, so that even if I'm having a rough day I can transmute it to being ok.

u might like this song by Monty Python. Always look on the bright side of life Smile from the movie Life Of Brian.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndwEOIaeuGo&feature=fvst
lol i have emotional constipation. Tongue

what i don't get is... does the OCD go away if we learn to be humble, and what is enough? i guess it's up to us though. i've put so much willpower into curing my OCD, it keeps growing back. it's just dazzling how stubborn it is, as stubborn as me. i guess it is me. i just wonder if it will lift or if it is a life-long condition even if i learn the lesson. cuz it is a brain shape, in a way. that's why it's so all-encompassing, for me at least.

i've always known i was watched, even when i was an agnostic, i knew God was watching, so i used to talk to God cuz i knew my thoughts were heard. so i always babble away at somebody listening, maybe noone is. Tongue it's hard to meditate cuz i'm always babbling away. but i don't think it's crazy to see a green sky or talk to your samurai-counterpart, these are just things we aren't taught about in society. Tongue well ok the green sky is a little weird, but at the same time cool. was it scary, Blatz?

Meerie

What do you mean by emotional constipation? Is it like not being able to access your emotions and trying to process them with your left brain? Because that is what I encounter when I try the balancing technique.
And what exactly is OCD? I sometimes have this thing, when I want to leave the room and I check 2 or 3 times, did I close the window and OFF the PC lol? would that be obsessive-compulsive too?
Interesting thread, it is great to read everyones thoughts.
that's textbook. you should read up on OCD, unless it triggers you. there are many kinds of OCD. i have germ phobia and the mental kind, and mine keeps reinventing itself. they both do. that's why i said that about the shape. my whole mind is bent to follow the ways of OCD, it's a way of thinking. to me my OCD is a bowl to hold the mindsoup, if it wasn't there i feel i would lose all shape. i dunno how it is for others. i think it's connected to my life-long mind-fuzz, i have no sense of time, money or anything that requires a certain awareness. so i feel out of control, like if i don't do everything super diligently, i'm gonna not do it at all and chaos will reign.

i dunno what emotional constipation is. i just can't always feel stuff. and then sometimes i get intense emotions that come but then go really fast and sometimes i feel really hollow. i've always been able to feel anger, that's one emotion i can access. like now i'm superpissed about something again, and i dunno how not to be. it's the easiest emotion to have, because i can't turn it off. the other emotions i have on automatic shut down, and i can't reach them or have them in normal quantities. it's confusing. is that a chakra thing?
(03-10-2011, 03:48 PM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]Namaste, I can see where you're coming from, seeing how I openly remember several past lives and have experienced fragments of several more. The barrier in that particular area seems rather thin for me. At times my personality has split into multiple pieces, as if all of my past personalities were trying to rush through at once. Integrating and accepting these memories, these "other mes" has been something of an ordeal, but I've gotten to the point where I can have conversations with some of them in my head, and draw upon their particular strengths. I often ask my samurai counterpart to lend me his strength and endurance, and the part of me that was in Orion to lend me her shrewdness and the ability to see through illusions.

Do you ever experience streams of consciousness from past lives that are extremely positive/loving in nature? I wonder if, after training, these could be consciously induced...

One would imagine your enhanced ability to remember past lives is linked to 'the condition' (accessing streams of consciousness). Perhaps 'the condition' is merely an untrained skill?

Just a thought :¬)

Brittany

That's an interesting point, Namaste. I wonder how one goes about training this "skill"? Simple meditation alleviates the discomfort of a lot of the symptoms for short periods, but does little to transform it into something more useful.

Ocean, it sounds like you're being OCD about your OCD. Tongue Mine seemed to just fade in time, but I'm not sure how, exactly. I'm still anal-retentive as all heck, very detail oriented, but it isn't to the point that it consumes my life anymore. I used to just pretty much walk around in circles, repeating the same random rituals over and over again without knowing why. I think it may be that I just forced myself to ignore that stuff, even though it caused me discomfort. Eventually my brain seemed to get the message...or I guess that's what happened, anyway.

3DMonkey

The most difficult choice is often the right one.

My advice is to accept the situation with a complete open mind in love and compassion. It will require a leap of faith, a release of all known, a release of what feels safe. Negative entities want to fight. Resisting them is giving them a fight. Opening to love leaves one holding love in the end. Love the mood swings. Love the depression. Love all that is you. You are all and all is you.
(03-16-2011, 04:51 PM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]That's an interesting point, Namaste. I wonder how one goes about training this "skill"? Simple meditation alleviates the discomfort of a lot of the symptoms for short periods, but does little to transform it into something more useful.

And Namaste said: "Do you ever experience streams of consciousness from past lives that are extremely positive/loving in nature? I wonder if, after training, these could be consciously induced..."

That's what I did when I went through a PTSD program with a psychologist. You tell some one (like a psychologist) about your bad moments over and over and over again, til they are no longer emotionally charged. Then you go through those moments in details with your current sober conscious mind. You do that couple of times too. Then psychologist usually says some great wise words, if you are lucky you get a hug (I got one! BigSmile) and after a while those moments are either replaced by better memories, or cease to come. Is it flashbacks that you have or what is it?

3DMonkey

(03-16-2011, 07:25 PM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-16-2011, 04:51 PM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]That's an interesting point, Namaste. I wonder how one goes about training this "skill"? Simple meditation alleviates the discomfort of a lot of the symptoms for short periods, but does little to transform it into something more useful.

And Namaste said: "Do you ever experience streams of consciousness from past lives that are extremely positive/loving in nature? I wonder if, after training, these could be consciously induced..."

That's what I did when I went through a PTSD program with a psychologist. You tell some one (like a psychologist) about your bad moments over and over and over again, til they are no longer emotionally charged. Then you go through those moments in details with your current sober conscious mind. You do that couple of times too. Then psychologist usually says some great wise words, if you are lucky you get a hug (I got one! BigSmile) and after a while those moments are either replaced by better memories, or cease to come. Is it flashbacks that you have or what is it?

Ra suggests this as well. When you get angry. Love the anger. Go over it continuously in your mind until you come to a place of acceptance of the other self. I can say it works great.
(03-16-2011, 09:27 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]Ra suggests this as well. When you get angry. Love the anger. Go over it continuously in your mind until you come to a place of acceptance of the other self. I can say it works great.

Who is this Ra guy everybody talking about? Do you know him? Seems like a good psychologist! Tell him I said "Hi". BigSmile

Brittany

Very wise words, 3Dmonkey. Thank you. I agree that accepting an emotion and finding the love within it is the best way to resolve an emotional issue, though the the balance between love and acceptance is often delicate. I've come to love myself for exactly who I am (at least I try to), depression and all, but I don't necessarily prefer having symptoms that cause me a great deal of pain. If there was something I could do to relieve them, I certainly would. Since I haven't found a method yet, I accept the condition and focus on acting in love regardless of the pain. If someone set me on fire, I could (possibly?) find the love and acceptance in that situation, but I would still try to put out the flames.

Ahkh, I get memories in the form of waking visions. I see scenes (usually very brief but highly detailed) play out before my eyes. Asking for such a scene in meditations is one of the best ways to get it to happen, but it's also happened at random. Hearing certain songs, seeing certain colors, experiencing certain smells or architecture can trigger the memories. I got one of my main memories from a life where I was in Orion by hearing a Nine Inch Nails song...lol, I guess I can see why.

I'd much prefer a close friend or a spiritual counselor to a professional shrink...they've done nothing but make my life progressively miserable in the past. My husband volunteers his ear so often I don't see how he hasn't gone crazy yet, God bless him, and Carla has listened to me recount the craziest stories, all while keeping a smile on her face. I'm sure it gets old, hearing me hash up my issues on such a frequent basis, but it does help. The more I release and dissect the feeling, the more I can look at it objectively instead of being consumed.
(03-16-2011, 10:01 PM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]Ahkh, I get memories in the form of waking visions. I see scenes (usually very brief but highly detailed) play out before my eyes. Asking for such a scene in meditations is one of the best ways to get it to happen, but it's also happened at random. Hearing certain songs, seeing certain colors, experiencing certain smells or architecture can trigger the memories. I got one of my main memories from a life where I was in Orion by hearing a Nine Inch Nails song...lol, I guess I can see why.

Sis, this is a flashback, which is a major trait of PTSD. Have you been through some trauma (prolonged or acute)?

(03-16-2011, 10:01 PM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]I'd much prefer a close friend or a spiritual counselor to a professional shrink...they've done nothing but make my life progressively miserable in the past. My husband volunteers his ear so often I don't see how he hasn't gone crazy yet, God bless him, and Carla has listened to me recount the craziest stories, all while keeping a smile on her face. I'm sure it gets old, hearing me hash up my issues on such a frequent basis, but it does help. The more I release and dissect the feeling, the more I can look at it objectively instead of being consumed.

I agree. But for me the psychologist was the first step though. In PTSD case, to get rid off the symtoms, you need to tell them in present form over and over and over, like it's happening now using me/myself and I form. This stuff would weary out those close to you, therefore a psychologist is a great asset. Just to walk you over the bridge, the rest is spiritual and up to you. That's how it worked for me anyway.
a spiritual counselor would be good. i think. someone who understands the spiritual aspect of life.

Brittany

That was my problem with regular shrinks...they just wanted to slap a diagnosis on me and be done with it. Recommend me to a psychiatrist who could give me some good pills. If I told them I thought I was possessed, or that I could see ghosts, or feel things that weren't there, they automatically assumed I was just schizophrenic or something.

My husband says the same thing...that I act like I have this huge repressed memory of some big trauma. The thing is, I've pretty much always been that way, showing signs of abuse, even before some of the...difficulties...of my childhood. If anything, I probably drug it in with me from a past life. Most of those memories I cherish, though. They're like finding lost puzzle pieces...pieces of me. They also give me story ideas. Some of the places I see look like they came right out of a sci-fi novel...and I happen to write sci-fi novels! What a pleasant coincidence! BigSmile
way to find the silverlining. i probably dragged issues from my past life. we're here to work them out. Tongue i do think there are spiritual shrinks out there.
Pages: 1 2