Bring4th

Full Version: Dangers of allowing advanced technology in immature worlds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The title applies to any, and all weapons on this planet :¬)

Anyone can legally acquire a very powerful CO2 airgun off the internet, which are far more dangerous than a laser.

3DMonkey

(03-10-2011, 11:17 AM)unity100 Wrote: [ -> ]http://hackaday.com/2011/03/10/youll-sho...se-pistol/

Danger= Be afraid= Forget we are one.

Immature worlds? Is that a world not considered by you as yours?
(03-10-2011, 12:10 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2011, 11:17 AM)unity100 Wrote: [ -> ]http://hackaday.com/2011/03/10/youll-sho...se-pistol/

Danger= Be afraid= Forget we are one.

Immature worlds? Is that a world not considered by you as yours?

yes. we are all one. there is no problem. lets just blow up the planet, like maldek. after all, we are all one.

3DMonkey

Is that what you want? To blow up the planet?
i think it will be rather hard to discuss this with you. i will opt out of replying to your posts, from this point on. thank you for your participation.

3DMonkey

If you say you want to blow up the planet, I would really like to speak with you and help you with your frustrations.
(03-10-2011, 12:15 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]Is that what you want? To blow up the planet?

I think you may be missing unity's point here, brother. (I think) He was implying how a culture such as ours, which is dominantly 'asleep' (and hence immature when compared to higher densities of love and wisdom), has access to weapons.

3DMonkey

(03-10-2011, 12:34 PM)Namaste Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2011, 12:15 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]Is that what you want? To blow up the planet?

I think you may be missing unity's point here, brother. (I think) He was implying how a culture such as ours, which is dominantly 'asleep' (and hence immature when compared to higher densities of love and wisdom), has access to weapons.

I am. I am totally missing his point, but he doesn't want to clarify.
You say he is implying that our culture has weapons. What does that mean? What is his point? I will venture to say that it is not one of positivity in love. But please be clear as to the source of his point.

I hear from unity: "danger" "Immature" "blow up" "lalala not listening"
(03-10-2011, 12:44 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]I am. I am totally missing his point, but he doesn't want to clarify.
You say he is implying that our culture has weapons. What does that mean? What is his point?

The point = the thread title; it's disconcerting that weapons are freely available (and hence he comment about blowing the world up was framed sarcastically).

3DMonkey Wrote:I will venture to say that it is not one of positivity in love. But please be clear as to the source of his point.

Something to ponder, do you think the above comments came from a place of love? ;¬)

L&L

3DMonkey

(03-10-2011, 01:05 PM)Namaste Wrote: [ -> ]The point = the thread title; it's disconcerting that weapons are freely available (and hence he comment about blowing the world up was framed sarcastically).

That is extremely generous of you. I don't believe that was his purpose at all.
(03-10-2011, 01:05 PM)Namaste Wrote: [ -> ]
3DMonkey Wrote:I will venture to say that it is not one of positivity in love. But please be clear as to the source of his point.

Something to ponder, do you think the above comments came from a place of love? ;¬)

L&L
my frustrations are open for all to see, there is no denying that. I am being me. (something you request.) I assure you, in all sincerity, I desire for unity to be at peace. My discernment, browsing through all posts, is that his peace has been compromised. I want (my point) to open his heart and mind to see that it IS all okay and that love IS more available than fear and things like weapons.
Accepting the One is the clear indicator of positive polarization. Finding things to disapprove of is not "compassion" "empathy" "goodwill" "desire to serve" that make up #1 in the forum rules
I think this is what happened:

3DMonkey perceived Unity's thread as fostering division,
Unity made a sarcastic comment,
3DMonkey didn't understand it.

Since the majority of the members of this forum are probably 6D wanderers lets focus on balance. I believe there's no right way to approach this issue of condemning other people's behaviours on earth. For some people's path it may be best to accept everything without judgement and see the good in everything, for other peoples path it may be best to point out what they consider to be harmful in the actions of others so to warn themselves and others not to do that. The majority of people on this forum and the new age community in general are probably of the former philosophy and people like unity are probably a minority in their philosophy but that doesn't make either outlook right or wrong. It's good to have a variety of outlooks, unity probably doesn't appreciate how many people try to convince him to conform and that he's doing something wrong. Therefore I think it would be best if we all avoiding attacking or judging people on a personal level and stick to debating the issues themselves.

3DMonkey

(03-10-2011, 09:56 PM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]I think this is what happened:

3DMonkey perceived Unity's thread as fostering division,
Unity made a sarcastic comment,
3DMonkey didn't understand it.

Since the majority of the members of this forum are probably 6D wanderers lets focus on balance. I believe there's no right way to approach this issue of condemning other people's behaviours on earth. For some people's path it may be best to accept everything without judgement and see the good in everything, for other peoples path it may be best to point out what they consider to be harmful in the actions of others so to warn themselves and others not to do that. The majority of people on this forum and the new age community in general are probably of the former philosophy and people like unity are probably a minority in their philosophy but that doesn't make either outlook right or wrong. It's good to have a variety of outlooks, unity probably doesn't appreciate how many people try to convince him to conform and that he's doing something wrong. Therefore I think it would be best if we all avoiding attacking or judging people on a personal level and stick to debating the issues themselves.

I make no judgement. You are right STS and STO are both "right" outlooks.

Your heart is in the right place. I can see that it is. It is very clear. I will take your advice.

Finally, my thoughts regarding your words:
What do you make of the sarcastic comment "thank you for your participation"? How should that be understood?

This is what I think happened. I saw blue. I asked blue why it was blue. It responded with more blue. That's all. I'm trying to embrace the blue. Blue won't receive me. What does that tell you that blue is?
(03-11-2011, 12:15 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]I make no judgement. You are right STS and STO are both "right" outlooks.

Your heart is in the right place. I can see that it is. It is very clear. I will take your advice.

Finally, my thoughts regarding your words:
What do you make of the sarcastic comment "thank you for your participation"? How should that be understood?

This is what I think happened. I saw blue. I asked blue why it was blue. It responded with more blue. That's all. I'm trying to embrace the blue. Blue won't receive me. What does that tell you that blue is?

I wasn't talking about STS and STO, I was talking about two different ways to approach STO. Unity is a good person, even if he comes off as cold sometimes.

I meant his comment about blowing up the world was sarcastic. The participation comment, I dunno, it does come across as condescending, but because he didn't understand where you're coming from he probably felt defensive. It's hard to get along with people who have a different outlook on life than you, but otherwise life would be boring. The fact that were all members of this community shows that we have alot in common so why not focus on the beliefs we share rather than the minor differences?

Miscommunication is really common on earth, even more so in text only communication where you no longer have non-verbal cues. Its normal to feel confused or attacked in a situation like this but its a small issue compared to how much people are suffering in the world right now, why not move on? I mean I don't want to tell you what to do, it's your choice, but personally I'd rather let things be as long as no one is considerably harming anyone else.
(03-11-2011, 12:15 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]What do you make of the sarcastic comment "thank you for your participation"? How should that be understood?

No sarcasm was intended with that comment. That is a standard statement used by unity100 and others, when they feel the dialog has reached an impasse, and they wish to courteously bow out of the discussion.

(03-11-2011, 12:15 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]This is what I think happened. I saw blue. I asked blue why it was blue. It responded with more blue. That's all. I'm trying to embrace the blue. Blue won't receive me. What does that tell you that blue is?

I have no idea. How do you know it's blue? Maybe it's red or purple. Tongue

No sarcasm intended here either. My point is that our perceptions of what other-selves intend, aren't necessarily accurate.

At this point I would like to invite everyone to review the B4 thread about interpersonal relationships, which delves into understanding why miscommunications and misunderstandings occur, especially in an online community when we don't have the benefit of facial expressions, body language, tone of voice, etc., but must rely only on text, which is very limited and easily misconstrued.

Life on Planet Earth > Cognitive Distortions and Forum Relationships

3DMonkey

(03-11-2011, 12:47 AM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]I wasn't talking about STS and STO, I was talking about two different ways to approach STO. Unity is a good person, even if he comes off as cold sometimes.

I meant his comment about blowing up the world was sarcastic. The participation comment, I dunno, it does come across as condescending, but because he didn't understand where you're coming from he probably felt defensive. It's hard to get along with people who have a different outlook on life than you, but otherwise life would be boring. The fact that were all members of this community shows that we have alot in common so why not focus on the beliefs we share rather than the minor differences?

Miscommunication is really common on earth, even more so in text only communication where you no longer have non-verbal cues. Its normal to feel confused or attacked in a situation like this but its a small issue compared to how much people are suffering in the world right now, why not move on? I mean I don't want to tell you what to do, it's your choice, but personally I'd rather let things be as long as no one is considerably harming anyone else.

I certainly can let things be. I honestly thought I was. The last thing I said to unity100 was that I would like to discuss his frustrations about negative aspects of this world.

Every other word on the matter has been between me and four bring4th members (none of which are unity100, btw) that have very kindly and compassionately reached out to me. I appreciate and thank all of you for that. I'm not angry about the subject. It may seem I can't let it go because I choose to respond to others' replies to me on the subject. In my eyes, thats nothing but subject matter for the connection being made between you and I. I am taking your original advice, but I'm also communicating with you (in front of everyone Blush). I accept the choice of unity100. There is nothing I can do to change it. He's made it clear I'm not worthy to be noticed by him. LOL. Well, it's true! I'm fine with that. Water off a duck's back at this point.
(03-11-2011, 01:17 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]He's made it clear I'm not worthy to be noticed by him.

Whoa, in all fairness, I think this is a huge misinterpretation.

Someone choosing to walk away from a discussion simply means that they wish to avoid whatever discord is in the discussion, or maybe they don't find it fruitful or constructive, for whatever reason. It's quite a stretch to assume that they are projecting 'unworthiness' onto the other person.

To All: We have a thread whose purpose is to work out personal conflicts and seek understanding. Issues can be discussed and, hopefully, resolved there, so that threads can stay on-topic and not get derailed by personal miscommunications.

3DMonkey

(03-11-2011, 02:02 AM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2011, 01:17 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]He's made it clear I'm not worthy to be noticed by him.

Someone choosing to walk away from a discussion simply means that they wish to avoid whatever discord is in the discussion, or maybe they don't find it fruitful or constructive, for whatever reason. It's quite a stretch to assume that they are projecting 'unworthiness' on the other person.

To All: We have a thread whose purpose is to work out personal conflicts and seek understanding. Issues can be discussed and, hopefully, resolved there, so that threads can stay on-topic and not get derailed by personal miscommunications.

Well, with all due respect, this is a bit more than "walking away from a discussion"
Quote: i will opt out of replying to your posts, from this point on
. It is a plain statement that replying to me is beneath him, forever. To walk away is to walk away, not get the last word in. No, I don't want to walk away, but at the same time...

I'm not the one that keeps bringing this back up, but I will gladly meet unity100 in the "work it out thread". Don't think he is too much interested in that.
(03-11-2011, 02:11 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]

Someone choosing to walk away from a discussion simply means that they wish to avoid whatever discord is in the discussion, or maybe they don't find it fruitful or constructive, for whatever reason. It's quite a stretch to assume that they are projecting 'unworthiness' on the other person.

Well, with all due respect, this is a bit more than "walking away from a discussion"
. It is a plain statement that replying to me is beneath him, forever. To walk away is to walk away, not get the last word in. No, I don't want to walk away, but at the same time...

I'm not the one that keeps bringing this back up, but I will gladly meet unity100 in the "work it out thread". Don't think he is too much interested in that.

le sigh... there is a fundamental thing i don't think he understands. that our very perception of what we expect and see of the world is exactly what we get. after my little bout with unity on the media thread... i was really affected by unity in my personal life. things kept seeming out of place and like people kept bumping into me more than usual and just being even more rude.

what was actually happening was that i was attracting that from my very thoughts on the matter. the whole why doesn't anyone understand me, and let's be frank. it was more just being irate with the whole situation... instead of continuing that train of thought i just dropped it and the whole world became a better place.. i took a step forward and deflected any other negativity pointed at myself, and at others and positivity started rolling back into my life.

it's nice to know i'm not the only one that strikes a bad chord. i thought it was just me Sad
(03-10-2011, 11:45 AM)Namaste Wrote: [ -> ]The title applies to any, and all weapons on this planet :¬)

Anyone can legally acquire a very powerful CO2 airgun off the internet, which are far more dangerous than a laser.

I don't think so. It is so easy to blind people with powerful lasers. Airsoft guns can blind as well but airsoft bullets don't accidentally reflect off surfaces into people's eyes.

having said that, I still think technology is good for humanity. Including lasers Smile
(03-11-2011, 12:47 AM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]Miscommunication is really common on earth, even more so in text only communication where you no longer have non-verbal cues.

Also, there is a language barrier.

Some of the phrases that unity uses have two meanings. A strict literal meaning, and then an implied common English meaning. Most English speakers will assume the latter when he means the former.

"Thank you for participating" would be read as condescending and sarcastic by most English speakers. But since English is unity's second language I don't think he realizes this.

Also sometimes unity is definitely trying to be ironic or sarcastic but it's hard to tell unless you've figured out how to read his idiosyncratic writing style.

It's not unusual for extremely left-brain thinkers to have their literalism misunderstood as condescension. Especially people from certain language families. This is why most left-brained people will go to great lengths to write with perfect grammar - to avoid misunderstandings due to diverse colloquial interpretations.

I really really really think there is a lot of misunderstanding due to (a) limitations of text (b) cultural misunderstandings and © language barriers

This forum attracts a lot of diversity: age, culture, education, language, world view.
(03-11-2011, 02:51 AM)BlatzAdict Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2011, 02:11 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]

le sigh... there is a fundamental thing i don't think he understands. that our very perception of what we expect and see of the world is exactly what we get. after my little bout with unity on the media thread... i was really affected by unity in my personal life. things kept seeming out of place and like people kept bumping into me more than usual and just being even more rude.

what was actually happening was that i was attracting that from my very thoughts on the matter. the whole why doesn't anyone understand me, and let's be frank. it was more just being irate with the whole situation... instead of continuing that train of thought i just dropped it and the whole world became a better place.. i took a step forward and deflected any other negativity pointed at myself, and at others and positivity started rolling back into my life.

it's nice to know i'm not the only one that strikes a bad chord. i thought it was just me Sad

Funny story - when I had the debate with unity about economics I experienced similar things. It affected my whole life and I felt seriously stifled in some way. Eventually I came to some kind of peace over the issue and now I see unity as having a catalytic effect.

I'm not saying I approve of his behaviour or agree with his opinions. I'm just saying you aren't the first to be bothered in real life over unity.

I won't pretend to have any idea what is going on, but it's really strange, and for me at least it resulted in a growth experience.

I think that attempting to deal with the "unity catalyst" by figuring out whether he is STO or STS is not the effective approach. The effective approach is to ask yourself what your lesson is.

As we all know, negativity always comes to teach*, and anything that triggers you or causes a reaction has something to teach.

*I'm not implying that unity is negative, the negativity is the subjective experience that Blatz or me or 3dMonkey have. In the experience you feel the negativity. I just happen to think it's impossible to really judge whether someone is negative - impossible and unnecessary.
(03-11-2011, 03:21 AM)yossarian Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think so. It is so easy to blind people with powerful lasers. Airsoft guns can blind as well but airsoft bullets don't accidentally reflect off surfaces into people's eyes.

Years ago I purchased a ridiculously powerful CO2 powered gun that fires metal slugs that penetrate 1cm of wood (used responsibly and safely for target practice). It would not only blind an eye, but destroy it entirely.

CO2 weapons and lasers do offer different risks of course; it's more likely someone would mess around with a laser in public than a handgun.
(03-11-2011, 01:17 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]I certainly can let things be. I honestly thought I was. The last thing I said to unity100 was that I would like to discuss his frustrations about negative aspects of this world.

Every other word on the matter has been between me and four bring4th members (none of which are unity100, By the way) that have very kindly and compassionately reached out to me. I appreciate and thank all of you for that. I'm not angry about the subject. It may seem I can't let it go because I choose to respond to others' replies to me on the subject. In my eyes, thats nothing but subject matter for the connection being made between you and I. I am taking your original advice, but I'm also communicating with you (in front of everyone Blush). I accept the choice of unity100. There is nothing I can do to change it. He's made it clear I'm not worthy to be noticed by him. LOL. Well, it's true! I'm fine with that. Water off a duck's back at this point.

Wonderful approach, brother.
The bold text would be really interesting to follow, if that would happen that is...
(03-10-2011, 01:28 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]my frustrations are open for all to see, there is no denying that. I am being me. (something you request.) I assure you, in all sincerity, I desire for unity to be at peace. My discernment, browsing through all posts, is that his peace has been compromised. I want (my point) to open his heart and mind to see that it IS all okay and that love IS more available than fear and things like weapons.

I appreciate your desire to help brother. I have been through the same process with unity; we have discussed our different beliefs and understandings regarding particular subjects. Much balancing occurred on my part, which is why we're talking together now.

What I learned from those discussions is that even when your intention is to help, it's help defined by your own beliefs. This is the crux of most forum discussions, even when coming from an open heart; "Think my way and things will be better for you".

This is not to say one must not offer help. Offering help is a beautiful, caring thing to do, natural to STO entities.

The key is that one needs to balance the self and avoid generating STS emotions (frustration, in your own case) based on the (re)actions of another. Doing so moves you from STO to STS based frequencies. The entire point of the offering then flips on it's head, and the opposite effect occurs; negative emotions are directed towards the individual, rather than love.

3DMonkey Wrote:Accepting the One is the clear indicator of positive polarization. Finding things to disapprove of is not "compassion" "empathy" "goodwill" "desire to serve" that make up #1 in the forum rules

Agree entirely. This is the exact message I'm attempting to open to you regarding unity and his beliefs.

I'm offering help to you brother, just as you to unity. The key is to not become frustrated if that help is not resonant with them, as your loving soul falls off track, even if for a brief moment.
(03-11-2011, 05:22 AM)Namaste Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2011, 01:28 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]my frustrations are open for all to see, there is no denying that. I am being me. (something you request.) I assure you, in all sincerity, I desire for unity to be at peace. My discernment, browsing through all posts, is that his peace has been compromised. I want (my point) to open his heart and mind to see that it IS all okay and that love IS more available than fear and things like weapons.

I appreciate your desire to help brother. I have been through the same process with unity; we have discussed our different beliefs and understandings regarding particular subjects.

I've been through the same process, 3DMonkey.

Namasté, the rest of your post is just beautiful, my brother! In the beginning of this thread I thought "ooooh now he got in the middle of the crossfire" Tongue
(03-11-2011, 05:52 AM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]I've been through the same process, 3DMonkey.

Namasté, the rest of your post is just beautiful, my brother! In the beginning of this thread I thought "ooooh now he got in the middle of the crossfire" Tongue

Heart
(03-11-2011, 06:13 AM)Namaste Wrote: [ -> ]Heart

Heart
wow. gee. a lot has been talked over me while i was not here, a good measure of them totally needlessly.

im not discussing with 3dmonkey or blatzaddict, because their approaches, discussion focus, correspondence are way outside the manageable scale :

in the thread that gaming was discussed, one of them, 3dmonkey, mistook me as one of the people saying 'games are evil', despite there was nothing related in any of my posts, and got aggravated by himself. not too surprising, since there were around 3-4 people implying such arguments to that end, and he was discussing with them. i had had made a remark about how gaming had become industrialized and the 'artful' games of the kind blatzaddict has spoken about were not being made by big corporations who sell big volumes anymore, and this side discussion got lumped in the same discussion 3dmonkey himself was having with a number of other members. he even carried his point, on this totally irrelevant confrontation he brought, to the point of calling me sts, and my acts (which act, i wonder) not being from a place of loving. so basically, he was saying that saying that state of gaming industry in regard to blockbuster sales being rehash of early games, is something sts, and 'not out of a place of love'.

afterwards, blatzaddict, with whom i was having the side discussion of 'blockbuster game sales versus artful indie games', had also jumped on the train, to call me 'your actions are sts'. i very much doubt that he even understood what was going on at that point.

upon querying what was sts, i had faced a deteriorating response sequence that ended up 'mama needing hugs' and some image of some 'forum troll' humor.

i bowed out of that discussion.

then, i open this thread, a totally irrelevant discussion, and 3dmonkey comes in here, apparently still continuing the 'something is evil should we ban it' discussion that has been leftover in the discussion of gaming he did with other people - STILL projecting the same argument to me, despite i had openly stated that i had no relevance with what he was perceiving me - ie 'games are evil we should ban them'. if you go back to that thread, you will still see the precursor of his arguments in this thread remaining in that thread, in the form of his replying 'ok you know now it is evil, and now, what are you going to do about it', to someone else than me, one of those he was having the games are evil discussion with.

as you can see, this entire situation is tied to his strong feelings on gaming, and the social question of whether games should be banned or not, and its just spilling over to this thread and being projected to me.

i still have no relevance to that discussion, of whether 'games/something is evil, should we ban them', however, yet he STILL discusses with me as if i had had made ANY such argument in these two threads, going to the extent of making accusations of 'not coming from a place of love', 'sts', 'not being at peace', this that.

noone has the obligation to try to make such dysfunctional discussions work. when someone you are NOT even discussing, mistakes you saying something that you have not said, keeps that perception on his/her mind despite you have EXPLICITLY said that you had no relevance to it, and carries over that perception to OTHER topics, and going to the extents of accusing you of various evilry or this or that, you just do NOT discuss with that person. that's not something that can be worked through discussion. im not even going to comment on the low age average, derogatory language that the 'discussion' deteriorated into in that other thread. its ridiculous when someone accusing others of supposedly 'not coming from a place of love' and 'wanting to have someone else to have peace', wanders of to uttering sentences lie 'mama needs a hug'.

when i saw that, i thanked out of the discussion, but it was, SOMEHOW, perceived as 'sarcastic'.

excuse me, but i cant help that. noone can help anyone with that. if 'thank you' had become something that is unusable because it is used in sarcastic phrases, noone can do anything about that, and its not my or anyone else's responsibility.

this situation has occurred before. however this time, im not willing to allow projection of various archetypes onto me, and participate in the unfolding of such discussions that some people feel so strongly on, and i have no interest in. at least, not in a manner like this.

am i looking down on these people ? of course not. being young is not a crime. all of us have used speech like 'mama needs a hug' while we were younger - either in age or in mind. i myself have participated in a lot of forums with low age averages and have talked even stronger than that in my time.

however, im not interested in doing advanced spiritual discussions, in such formats, language or behavior set.

as for whether i am coming from a place of love, no, i am not. i am coming from a place of balance. that is probably why i am here, in a forum related to Ra material in the first place.

3DMonkey

Wow! There is nothing soon coming along to steer you all away for love/light! Absolutely wonderful!

My disagreement with unity100 does not affect me as deeply as it appears. It's been fun expressing myself, and that's all it's been really, expressions through words of debate. It's very interesting that you all have experienced the same, and lovely that you all have dug within yourselves to rise above negative desires. You recognized the positive posibility it what is almost trademarked as unity100-catalyst. Catalystic value. Interesting. (possible new thread topic?) I guess I might have some value like that. Look how lovingly you all have joined together to heal this freshly wounded novice whom entered the cage with that unknown trademark for the first time. Have you all joined like this before? If not, I'd like to apply for a patent on that style catalyst. (a joke of course. Trademarks and patents are not viable possibilities. Trying to tickle funny bones). ... I'm new here. You have come to accept unity100's ways. I accept his right to be. To be who he wants to be. I want you to know I came here to discuss and open myself to you. I want you to know that anything you have to say is important and I want to hear it. I want you to know that my intention is never to say you're opinions and understandings are invalid. My words may be contrary to yours at times, but they are genuine as yours are genuine. These things are always implied in my meanings. L/L

Steering this 18wheeler back onto the road--
my finger could destroy an eye. There is always something to use to injure. Words can too.... So, weapons, put em on that long, long list. Now crumple that list and toss it in the basket, give your neighbor a hug, call your mother, and send money to help poor nations. Let's do this Love thing. (not sarcasm. Maybe a bit overzealous. Making a dramatic point with humor in the expression)
(03-11-2011, 09:22 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]I want you to know I came here to discuss and open myself to you.

You are welcome to this forum, my brother! Please continue to express yourself as your opinions are irreplaceable and is contributing to this invaluable source of co-Creators! Namasté
(03-11-2011, 03:21 AM)yossarian Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think so. It is so easy to blind people with powerful lasers. Airsoft guns can blind as well but airsoft bullets don't accidentally reflect off surfaces into people's eyes.

having said that, I still think technology is good for humanity. Including lasers Smile

this gun can pierce simple substances however.

all that limits this kind of weapon, currently, is power.

if, free energy devices are available, then it will be possible to make much more powerful lasers with these.

considering how a single individual, in his hobby time, constructed this contraption, with free energy devices the magnitude of destructive power small groups and individuals will be able to play with will be magnitudes greater.
Pages: 1 2 3