Bring4th

Full Version: Brene Brown: The power of vulnerability
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm not sure how many of you guys are familiar with TED - http://www.ted.com/ - Riveting talks by remarkable people, free to the world.

I often watch videos on there just to be reminded again that there is indeed a LOT of positivity in the world as well, and it's hard to see that balance when we are bombarded with the news, which is very negative.

I found a great video on there - Brene Brown: The power of vulnerability

It's only 20 minutes, but I would really recommend watching it:

http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/brene_...ility.html

A short description of the talk:

About this talk:

Brene Brown studies human connection -- our ability to empathize, belong, love. In a poignant, funny talk at TEDxHouston, she shares a deep insight from her research, one that sent her on a personal quest to know herself as well as to understand humanity. A talk to share.

About Brene Brown:

Brene Brown studies vulnerability, courage, authenticity, and shame.

------------------

This talk made me think a lot about us humans and our spiritual evolution here in third density, and all the happiness and unhappiness that we endure, but it also caused me to see things a little from a different perspective. I'm going to try and embrace my vulnerability more, and all that that entails behaviour wise, and not worry too much about the consequences. Try to nip pride in the bud for starters - easier said than done. I think the walls we build around ourselves to keep us 'save', actually serve more to keep us 'imprisoned'. The more we get hurt, the higher we make those walls. Not good!
It also reminded me of this in the Ra material:

Ra Wrote:Ra: I am Ra. The purpose of incarnation in third density is to learn the ways of love.

Ra Wrote:Ra: As always, love is the greatest protection.

And to love and be loved, we need to embrace our vulnerability.
hi spectrum

thanks for posting. she cuts right to the heart of the matter. society has divided us up and given us a kind of rating system. money, marriage.looks
etc etc. all tied in to how lovable we are if we meet some invisible standard.
in the end for me it is how connected we are that is important. i realize not everyone is like that but i find a lot of people enjoy being connected with others and to connect u just have to be your real self whatever that is.
appreciate the vid
norral
Glad you liked it, norral. I've watched it so many times now, and have shown it to so many friends.

She speaks truth!