Bring4th

Full Version: Doing things the other way round
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Meerie

We are all creatures of habit, more or less. We do things, automatically. I would like to share something with you, that I tried and it worked wonders for me.
Why don't you just do things the other way round?
Instead of taking the same road to work, take a side street or, if possible, leave the car at home and take public transportation.
Eat or drink something that you have never tried before. Put on a garment that has been hidden in your closet forever. Wear a color that you have never worn before and see how that feels.
If you are in a hurry, take a few minutes to idle away on a park bench, just observing people.
If you normally don't talk to strangers, go ahead and strike up a casual conversation with someone you meet on the street, or in the grocery store.
If you usually walk straight, walk a crooked line or walk backwards for a few steps (I am not sure if you should do that in the middle of Times Square, among thousands of others, though BigSmile)
If you usually don't use smilies in your posts, insert a few smilies :-/Cool:idea: Blush
I could go on forever like that, but I guess you see what I mean...
I discovered it greatly enhanced my intuition and right-brain-ness.
And the way to God is not via a left-brain-approach only, so we all benefit from creativity and intuition in your lifes.
Btw yesterday I read that Gurdjeff used a similar method with his disciples
http://www.messagefrommasters.com/Life_o...ciples.htm
method 3, act like a robot.
Enjoy!
I like it! You can extend this to other realms too.

Much of my philosophical development comes from skepticism, and skepticism consists of the following mental act: "I think P. What if not-P?" So for instance, maybe I think that God exists. What if God doesn't exist? That kind of thinking will mature your philosophy very quickly.

This also leads in essence to the method of "balancing" described by Ra of balancing each thing with its opposite. To give an example, I am fairly proud. Since I feel that I am superior, I can balance myself with the thought, "what if I am not superior?" Or, suppose that at a given moment I feel sexually frustrated. I can question my reality: "what if I am not sexually frustrated?" And that can confuse me enough that I realize the Law of One and see that there is no sexual frustration. That, of course, has to be carefully distinguished from sexual repression, because they are two very different mental acts. In the one case I am denying my reality, and in the other case I am simply posing the sly question, like the Zen master in the koans.

I think you can go very far with this "do things the other way round" concept.

Meerie

Yes you are right! I had not thought of it, but this is exactly the same as the balancing method that Ra mentions. Very insightful.
Do you know the song "breaking the habit" by Linkin Park?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2H4l9RpkwM
one of my favorite songs from them!
This is a nice topic. I hope it is developed further, as 'balance' is key for harvestability. Thanks, Meerie.
Oh I forgot - AngelHeartSmileBigSmileShyWink

Meerie

Lol.... I would usually post a smilie here too, but since I am de-habiting myself, I renounce...
Thanks Meerie
I've been guided to use a similar approach in the past when working through fear / blockages. The one that is most obvious that springs to mind was when I was expecting my son and I was in a perilous financial situation and I was guided to give away some of my precious finances to sponsor a child in a developing country. Whether this removed a blockage or helped energy flow or simply made me more grateful for what I did have rather than worrying about what I didn't have I don't know - but that seems to be what kickstarted an improvement in my own situation. So doing the opposite of a fear based instinctive 3d response to elicit a beautiful change in circumstances. Powerful stuff.
(03-30-2011, 03:56 AM)Lorna Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Meerie
I've been guided to use a similar approach in the past when working through fear / blockages. The one that is most obvious that springs to mind was when I was expecting my son and I was in a perilous financial situation and I was guided to give away some of my precious finances to sponsor a child in a developing country. Whether this removed a blockage or helped energy flow or simply made me more grateful for what I did have rather than worrying about what I didn't have I don't know - but that seems to be what kickstarted an improvement in my own situation. So doing the opposite of a fear based instinctive 3d response to elicit a beautiful change in circumstances. Powerful stuff.

Hey, I am going to try that out. In my home, due to certain past patterns of interpersonal relations, I am always walking on eggshells and come across as irritable or even a tyrant.

But my motivations spring from deep-rooted fears, which make me dish out spite. I am going to try break it, and give love for a change. May be like in your case, Lorna, things would start improving once I do the opposite.

Brittany

I would say this pretty much counts as my routine. I constantly like to shake things up. This applies to my thought process, too. I'm constantly trying to see things from new angles. Thinking up new things is one of my favorite pastimes. The only downside is that my radical ideas and opinions often grate on the nerves of my companions. I really do consider myself a wild card.
.gnirahs rof sknaht, tsop eciN

Meerie

Haha, excellent work, turtledude!

3DMonkey

Mr Uranus lover asks, "anyone going to work nude today?"

Meerie

I wanted to add a suggestion that fairyfarmgirl made... you can also start doing more things with your left hand if you are a right-hander and vice versa. It might help balance the right and left side of the brain.
She also said that for people who have extreme difficulty in accessing their intuition, she recommends walking backwards in your apartment, with eyes closed, for one day.

Meerie

I don't even know if this is on topic but you know with Mercury going retrograde anyway, does not really matter does it? Besides does it ever matter if we are on topic? Smile
Last week when I was cycling, lost in thought, in the morning a guy overtook me, jeering "I never ever seen anyone cycle as slowly as you" and then some loud remarks that my benevolent ears chose not to hear.
This morning I cycle again and I see him come up in the distance. A thought pops into my brain "I am going too fast! Maybe I can cycle even slower than the last time, let's see how he reacts then Angel"
I already had this huge grin on my face and when he drove past me I just could't stop bursting out in uncontrollable laughter.
I hope you have a reason to LOL today, too!
(04-04-2011, 12:56 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]A thought pops into my brain "I am going too fast! Maybe I can cycle even slower than the last time, let's see how he reacts then Angel"
I already had this huge grin on my face and when he drove past me I just could't stop bursting out in uncontrollable laughter.
I hope you have a reason to LOL today, too!

lol!! Speaking of feeding him with catalysts! Did he say something? BigSmile

Meerie

No! and if, I guess I wouldn't have heard it anyway...
btw I am not even sure it was the same entity. He was dressed in black and he cycled similarly, just like the other guy but it was still dusk.... .
but I just couldn't help laughing... I don't know if you sometimes have these situations, where you just see the absurdity of it all? There is a french word for it "fou rire". Crazy laughter. I sometimes have these attacks. I had them in school, already. The people sitting behind me would see how my shoulders would start to move and hear me giggle (well I usually tried to suppress it, what with being in school and authority and all Confused, but I never succeeded).
In the end the whole class would be laughing with me and teachers were "wtf is going on here Huh"
(03-30-2011, 02:57 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]Yes you are right! I had not thought of it, but this is exactly the same as the balancing method that Ra mentions. Very insightful.
Do you know the song "breaking the habit" by Linkin Park?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2H4l9RpkwM
one of my favorite songs from them!

i love Linkin Park!
(04-04-2011, 03:17 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if you sometimes have these situations, where you just see the absurdity of it all? There is a french word for it "fou rire". Crazy laughter. I sometimes have these attacks.

I have them pretty often. I love it! It's like seeing it all from outside and just realising how absurd, crazy, silly all of this is! One can't just stop laughing. Sometimes it even happens in pretty serious issues, but still these issues are perceived nothing more than a crazy puff in infinity, and what's so funny about situation is when you see people taking it all so seriously. I want to shake them up and say - c'mooon! It's absurd! Who cares? It's not important! But then I would probably be locked in some psychatric clinic, so I remain quiet and giggle for myself instead. BigSmile

Meerie

Go on laughing, don't be afraid.... I bet the one infinite loving creator has a great sense of humour! infact I heard once that the only thing we take with us and that remains undistorted, when we enter the veil and 3D, is our sense of humour.
I like the idea.
I also read that you can indeed become enlightened, just by laughing!
so go on laughing, it is healthy. SmileWinkRollEyesShyBigSmile
(04-04-2011, 03:47 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]infact I heard once that the only thing we take with us and that remains undistorted, when we enter the veil and 3D, is our sense of humour.

What a lovely thought! Heart