Bring4th

Full Version: How do I do this:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:The initiation of the Queen’s Chamber has to do with the abandoning of self to such desire to know the Creator in full that the purified in-streaming light is drawn in balanced fashion through all energy centers, meeting in indigo and opening the gate to intelligent infinity. Thus the entity experiences true life or, as your people call it, resurrection.

What is experiencing 'true life?' Who has done this? What is this like?

Any thoughts are appreciated!
You, my friend, have asked a very deep question! I doubt that my answer will live up to it. I do not think that there is any definite answer to the question of how to have such an experience; there are infinite ways of doing so, and none of them work all the time for everybody. But I will give one example of how I had such an experience in one particular instance, and what it was like.

The story in question begins a few months ago. At this time I was writing a book, and putting a lot of effort into the question of how to express the true nature of existence in words. I felt that I had experienced the true nature of existence, and my single greatest desire in life was to explain this so that others could understand it. I was singlemindedly bent on this goal. But, in all of my attempts to do this, I had met with nothing but failure.

I was reading the Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus by Ludwig Wittgenstein. In this book the author gives a logical analysis of the structure of language to attempt to demarcate precisely what it means for a statement to be meaningful. It is deeply involved in extremely abstruse and difficult to understand logical investigations. So I am struggling through this book, and I get to the end, where Wittgenstein abruptly veers off into religious, ethical, and mystical considerations. He says that all of the concepts of religion and mysticism are nonsensical and meaningless, because they are attempting to express something that cannot be expressed:

Quote:For an answer which cannot be expressed the question too cannot be expressed.

The riddle does not exist.

If a question can be put at all, then it can also be answered.

Scepticism is not irrefutable, but palpably senseless, if it would doubt where a question cannot be asked.

For doubt can only exist where there is a question; a question only where there is an answer, and this only where something can be said.

We feel that even if all possible scientific questions be asnwered, the problems of life have still not been touched at all. Of course there is then no question left, and just this is the answer.

The solution of the problem of life is seen in the vanishing of this problem.

(Is not this the reason why men to whom after long doubting the sense of life became clear, could not then say wherein this sense consisted?)

There is indeed the inexpressible. This shows itself; it is the mystical.

I was inclined to believe him in this, because the route by which he came to this conclusion was so rigorous and strictly thought out. More than that, it articulated in a very clear way precisely what I had been painfully discovering for myself in my failed attempts to articulate the true nature of existence.

Therefore I learned that my greatest goal in life was impossible to achieve, and that I had been wasting my time all along. On learning this I entered into a new state of consciousness. I lost awareness of the world around me, and for several hours it was as if I was existing in a single frozen moment. I felt a sense of timelessness, sacredness, and immortality. Though I was moving around and functioning in the world, nothing could disturb this state of perfect peace and silence. It was as if nothing was happening at all; I couldn't have said whether I was dead or alive. The experience left a significant mark on my memory, in that afterwards I was never able to go back to doing things the way I had done them before. Having learned that I was trying to do something that could not be done, I had to reevaluate my priorities and find new direction in life.
(03-30-2011, 03:20 PM)nwthomas Wrote: [ -> ]You, my friend, have asked a very deep question! I doubt that my answer will live up to it. I do not think that there is any definite answer to the question of how to have such an experience; there are infinite ways of doing so, and none of them work all the time for everybody. But I will give one example of how I had such an experience in one particular instance, and what it was like.

The story in question begins a few months ago. At this time I was writing a book, and putting a lot of effort into the question of how to express the true nature of existence in words. I felt that I had experienced the true nature of existence, and my single greatest desire in life was to explain this so that others could understand it. I was singlemindedly bent on this goal. But, in all of my attempts to do this, I had met with nothing but failure.

I was reading the Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus by Ludwig Wittgenstein. In this book the author gives a logical analysis of the structure of language to attempt to demarcate precisely what it means for a statement to be meaningful. It is deeply involved in extremely abstruse and difficult to understand logical investigations. So I am struggling through this book, and I get to the end, where Wittgenstein abruptly veers off into religious, ethical, and mystical considerations. He says that all of the concepts of religion and mysticism are nonsensical and meaningless, because they are attempting to express something that cannot be expressed:

Quote:For an answer which cannot be expressed the question too cannot be expressed.

The riddle does not exist.

If a question can be put at all, then it can also be answered.

Scepticism is not irrefutable, but palpably senseless, if it would doubt where a question cannot be asked.

For doubt can only exist where there is a question; a question only where there is an answer, and this only where something can be said.

We feel that even if all possible scientific questions be asnwered, the problems of life have still not been touched at all. Of course there is then no question left, and just this is the answer.

The solution of the problem of life is seen in the vanishing of this problem.

(Is not this the reason why men to whom after long doubting the sense of life became clear, could not then say wherein this sense consisted?)

There is indeed the inexpressible. This shows itself; it is the mystical.

I was inclined to believe him in this, because the route by which he came to this conclusion was so rigorous and strictly thought out. More than that, it articulated in a very clear way precisely what I had been painfully discovering for myself in my failed attempts to articulate the true nature of existence.

Therefore I learned that my greatest goal in life was impossible to achieve, and that I had been wasting my time all along. On learning this I entered into a new state of consciousness. I lost awareness of the world around me, and for several hours it was as if I was existing in a single frozen moment. I felt a sense of timelessness, sacredness, and immortality. Though I was moving around and functioning in the world, nothing could disturb this state of perfect peace and silence. It was as if nothing was happening at all; I couldn't have said whether I was dead or alive. The experience left a significant mark on my memory, in that afterwards I was never able to go back to doing things the way I had done them before. Having learned that I was trying to do something that could not be done, I had to reevaluate my priorities and find new direction in life.

Thanks Thomas. I'll think about this today.

"There is indeed the inexpressible. This shows itself; it is the mystical."

I like that line.

3DMonkey

I don't know.

This might sound like a non-answer. Like, 'why say anything at all?' It's not.
I don't know, and it bears noting.
(03-30-2011, 12:48 PM)Wander-Man Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:The initiation of the Queen’s Chamber has to do with the abandoning of self to such desire to know the Creator in full that the purified in-streaming light is drawn in balanced fashion through all energy centers, meeting in indigo and opening the gate to intelligent infinity. Thus the entity experiences true life or, as your people call it, resurrection.

What is experiencing 'true life?' Who has done this? What is this like?

Any thoughts are appreciated!

In my opinion, Ra is very consistent with its verbiage, and leaves information on a particular topic strewn across the entire text of the LOO. Thus, it may be useful to match words to analyze any given question. For instance, in the quote you picked, Ra indicates that 'true life' may otherwise be called 'resurrection'. I just checked whether Ra mentioned 'resurrection' in other places, and found the following quotes, among others, useful in regard to providing further food or clues for the excellent question that you raise -

Quote:65.20 Questioner: I don’t know if this question is related to what I am trying to get at or not. I’ll ask it and see what results. You mentioned in speaking of the pyramids the resonating chamber was used so that the adept could meet the self. Would you explain what you meant by that?

Ra: I am Ra. One meets the self in the center or deeps of the being. The so-called resonating chamber may be likened unto the symbology of the burial and resurrection of the body wherein the entity dies to self and through this confrontation of apparent loss and realization of essential gain, is transmuted into a new and risen being.

65.21 Questioner: Could I make the analogy of in this apparent death of losing the desires that are the illusory, common desires of third-density and gaining desires of total service-to-others?

Ra: I am Ra. You are perceptive. This was the purpose and intent of this chamber as well as forming a necessary portion of the King’s Chamber position’s effectiveness.

(03-31-2011, 11:55 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know.

This might sound like a non-answer. Like, 'why say anything at all?' It's not.
I don't know, and it bears noting.

I like that.
I think Ra is talking about what many of us would call enlightenment (or nirvana, satori, moksha, sainthood, lots of other names) which I also think is the same as becoming what Ra calls an adept. Ra defines an adept as having crystal like chakras. So basically you already have to be really humble, accepting, flexible, compassionate, intuitive, etc. to such an extent that you feel some big change will come soon, and you speed up that final ascent by entering a sensory deprivation tank or tomb or something, perhaps under the influence of a hallucinogen, and face a "death experience" where the final parts of your individualness/personality "die" and you overcome the greatest fear. Then you come out of it enlightened, which I assume means the veil would be mostly gone and you could read peoples thoughts and see the future and stuff. At least that's what I read in some other book, makes sense to me.
i agree with turtle.. very well said..Smile
In my understanding it means dropping the ego personality, and 'being God', i.e. as Jesus, or any other enlightened master did.

One thinks/speaks/acts from pure, undistorted love of the Creator.

To do this, choose love in the moment, as often as you can. You will become of enormous benefit/service to others :¬)
hallucinogens are a dangerous shortcut.
(04-03-2011, 06:26 AM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]hallucinogens are a dangerous shortcut.

But not practical for anything more than a brief experience. (in my opinion) :p
i agree.
To your original question, Wander-Man, which in paraphrase asks: "What is this resurrection to true life of which Ra speaks?", I would contend that it is the end of individuality, the end of duality, the end of the subject/object dichotomy. It is knowing/becoming the suchness of the moment. It is being who you already are.

How this is accomplished? That's been my burning question as well. Will and faith are, I believe, our two most central and absolutely indispensable assets in effecting this resurrection. And meditation is a way to both exercise/use and strengthen these faculties.

The seeker seeks... the seeker expends effort... the seeker walks the Path... the seeker does the Great Work until it realizes that there is no work to do, there is nothing to gain, there is nothing to "do", because the seeker is ALREADY the Self. There are only false notions to release, camouflages that obscure true identity to fall away. The crown is ALREADY upon the head.

nwthomas, I especially enjoyed this line in your quoted section:

"The solution of the problem of life is seen in the vanishing of this problem."

That is congruent with my own perception of things. So-called problems cannot quite be solved on their own level. Rather the "solution" is to know that there is no problem whatsoever, there is no doubt, there is no illusion. One of my favorite lines from Ramana Maharshi (a source I turn to everyday) is, "illusion is illusory".

Ra says of healing:

"Healing occurs when a mind/body/spirit complex realizes, deep within itself, the Law of One; that is, that there is no disharmony, no imperfection; that all is complete and whole and perfect."
http://lawofone.info/results.php?session_id=4&ss=1#20

Same principle holds true with resurrection, I believe. The entity embraces who it already is by *releasing* false notions of disharmony, imperfection, multiplicity, diversity, etc. All predicated upon the existence of the individual "I", without which the world and all its attendant problems cannot quite exist.

Which does not mean that the wave on the ocean - of which the entity's outer form consists - ceases to be a wave. But rather that the entity stops creating an identity out of that single, transitory wave in favor of the overwhelming recognition that it is the infinite, boundless ocean. Yes it IS that single wave, but is not confined to that wave, because there are no boundaries to Self, no beginning or end to true identity.

Self transcends everything. Self is imminent within everything. Self is all. Self is nothing.

Resurrection, here I come!

Love, GLB

Meerie

(04-06-2011, 12:38 AM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: [ -> ]"The solution of the problem of life is seen in the vanishing of this problem."

That is congruent with my own perception of things. So-called problems cannot quite be solved on their own level.

That reminds me of the famous quotation by Einstein:
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them".
Thanks for the responses, all you wanderers!
:idea:
I think the affirmation, "Be still and know I am God," is going to be helpful on this adventure. Seemed to help Elvis.

Or as TLOO would say, "...become the Creator."

Affirmations, or auto suggestion, is what Napoleon Hill said was the key to tapping into "infinite intelligence."

Can ressurection be quickened by the use of affirmations?

Be still and know I am God.
:idea:
Beautifully said, GLB.

(04-06-2011, 12:38 AM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: [ -> ]Self transcends everything. Self is imminent within everything. Self is all. Self is nothing.

Self is a tiny puff of the Infinity. BigSmile