Bring4th

Full Version: I would appreciate your help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear brothers and sisters, I need help.

One month or so before I found Ra material I finished writing a science fiction novel. I printed it and started to edit it. I was taking a week off from editing when I came across Ra material. This material then turned my whole world upside down, back and forth and changed my life completely.

While I was reading Ra material, alongside with A Wanderer's Handbook, during those first 2-3 weeks, there were moments of complete "I can't belive this is happening" emotions. These emotions were very strong, say the least. I've cried many times. During this time I had a friend who also went through the same thing and exprienced the same emotions together with me. We talked to each other every day on MSN. I don't know how many times I was feeling completely speachless and stunned and my only words were "Oh My God! I've wrote about it! I wrote about it in my book! Oh my God!".

Which takes me to this present time. What shall I do with this book?

Maybe I am not supposed to do anything with it anymore. Maybe the whole point of writing it was only to make me resonate with Ra material. I mean there is one thing to think things through, but whole completely different thing to write it down, print it and have it in front of you. You can't escape it when you have it in black and white next to you, written by you. So maybe this is it. I don't know...

I've tried to edit it on couple occasions since then but every time I do it I only see errors and stuff that are not complete and think no, it is not how it was/done/is. But if I re-write it, it would loose it's first touch, the mark that this is how it all came out before Ra material. This is how it came out from my heart. Now, if I would re-write it, it would come from the brain. Either way it feels wrong. So I need to wait, but at the same time I feel strong love toward that book and that I would love to continue writing/editing it.

But when I start to edit it, I stop few sentences later, because I don't know how to continue. My dilemma contains - shall I leave as it is though it feels wrong, now that I “know”. Or shall I edit it but then it might become as some kind of plagiary of Ra material...

Can you give me some personal advices? Like how would you personally do? I will still follow my inner voice but I need to get some other ideas and perhaps some inspiration.

Meerie

I would wait until you get a clear idea of what to do with it.
And from personal experience I would say, please do not reread it too often or edit it, because the more you read, the more stuff you see that you think wierd because your left brain will try to interfere... usually the first thought is the best.
Leave it the way it is, ask your HS for an idea what to do with it and wait for synchronicities to happen.. maybe you will meet someone from a publishing house "by chance" or you will know where to send the manuscript to ... you know, things like that.
It may take some time but eventually the situation will be clear. You already bought the train ticket, now sit quietly and wait for the train to appear BigSmile
David Wilcock wrote scifi things with "memories" and then he was like omg it's real, and then he kinda edited them towards LOO... but mostly left them as they were. i think he edited them for the reader's sake. as his readers are LOO. if you wanna publish it, as fiction, i doubt Ra would sue you. i'd say go with your heart. appreciate the art. but i always defend art. art over truth. then again, i would modify it if i wanted to make it consistent with LOO. after all fiction is a great tool for learn/teaching. lol i guess Meerie said it best.
(04-04-2011, 06:54 AM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]David Wilcock wrote scifi things with "memories" and then he was like omg it's real, and then he kinda edited them towards LOO...

He did?!? :idea: That's what happened to me. Didn't know that about him... Now I more prone to liking this guy... BigSmile Are there any published novels based on his "memories"?

Quote: i would modify it if i wanted to make it consistent with LOO

So you would edit it, with risk of it sounding like plagiarism?

Meerie - lol!!! You are funny! I would like to ask my HS, but is afraid to disturb It with this earthly problems. So I am asking you. Tongue What would you do personally, and don't say "I would wait", because I don't want to waaaait! Angel

3DMonkey

I would hand it over to someone else for editing. It feels different to you because it actually changed you. Let someone else "feel" it. They'll let you know what they feel. This will alter your perspective on what you have written- to see it through someone elses eyes.

Meerie

(04-04-2011, 08:57 AM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]Meerie - lol!!! You are funny! I would like to ask my HS, but is afraid to disturb It with this earthly problems. So I am asking you. Tongue What would you do personally, and don't say "I would wait", because I don't want to waaaait! Angel

May I remind you again of my wonderful thread "doing things the other way round". You do not want to wait? Do it the other way round and try to WANT TO WAIT! Tongue
"Patience is the companion of wisdom" (St. Augustine).
Seriously why do you not want to bother your HS with these mundane things?
Please read this next sentence only after consulting with your HS....
personally I would publish it. You wrote it and it was a lot of work, so why not publish it?
It might be helpful to find another person to edit. A good editor will find not only grammatical errors, but also if the story has good flow, or where things might not make sense. I recommend http://www.elance.com for finding an editor. You'd post a project, and your rates, and then you get several people to bid on it. You'll see ratings and be able to communicate with prospective editors even before you select someone. I used elance to find an editor for my novel, which I finished a few years before I found the Ra material. My book was sci-fi fantasy.

Make sure the editor does multiple revisions. That means each time they edit, probably chapter by chapter, you can read their comments as they go. Then after one revision, you'll make the changes that you agree with, and send back again for a 2nd run. This helps with character development. You want the reader to feel for the characters.

For publishing, I can recommend http://www.authorhouse.com
I used them to publish my own book, because I maintain the rights to it. Though my book is now out of print. With AuthorHouse, you'd need to do your own marketing unless you want one of their servcies.

After you've published you can submit to Forward Magazine's book of the year award: http://www.bookoftheyearawards.com/

And if you really believe in your work, you can try for the Pulitzer: http://www.pulitzer.org/

And regarding your writing happening in real life, I've been there. A lot of writing is channeled anyway. Though I don't have nearly the power or insight as the character in the book. Look forward to seeing your novel in print.

Much Love and Light,
-Gemini Wolf
Ok, here is a romantic one “follow your heart” Wink
(04-04-2011, 08:57 AM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-04-2011, 06:54 AM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]David Wilcock wrote scifi things with "memories" and then he was like omg it's real, and then he kinda edited them towards LOO...

He did?!? :idea: That's what happened to me. Didn't know that about him... Now I more prone to liking this guy... BigSmile Are there any published novels based on his "memories"?

Quote: i would modify it if i wanted to make it consistent with LOO

So you would edit it, with risk of it sounding like plagiarism?

Meerie - lol!!! You are funny! I would like to ask my HS, but is afraid to disturb It with this earthly problems. So I am asking you. Tongue What would you do personally, and don't say "I would wait", because I don't want to waaaait! Angel

they're in his book Wanderer Awakening. it's on his site.

http://divinecosmos.com/index.php/start-...id-wilcock

it's not plagiarism if it's the truth. and it's your memories. we all have them. amiright?Tongue seriously i have no idea what you wold be plagiarizing, Ra simply speaks the truth about things.
@Meerie - I am an element of air - remember? You said it yourself in your astrology chart. Wink So I go with the flow and moving against the wind is exhaaausting. lol!!!

I guess that I have too much respect for my HS to bother It with such, mundane, things... Specially after what happened last time It answered.

I am not against publishing it, but it's far from it right now. I have to edit it before handling it to someone else, because I am an impulsive writer who writes it directly as it comes to me. When inspiration flows through me I write, which means that there is loads of stuff that are not comprehendable and confusing, which at this moment only I can edit because only I can understand it. :p

@Wolf - thank you for all the links! I will save them. Do you mind sharing what your book was about?

@kia - well, my heart sings loads of songs, and regarding this issue it sings - "whatever, just write a fairytale and it doesn't matter if it's right or wrong." But my eyes start twitching when I read this "fairytale" as they are stuff that I have not had the concepts before. For instance, I wrote about densities, but in the book they are upside down. Also, I thought that spirit would firstly begin its experience in edenic conditions and step by step come to Earth like conditions, as I thought that it would be too traumatic for a spirit to be born on Earth right away. So this is not "true", and I don't know anymore...

@ocean - well, regarding memories, it's the whole different thing that I don't know what to do with. But plagiarism would occur - I guess - if I start re-writing it to fit into densities, evolution of spirit and stuff like that, to suit my current understanding better, which comes from LOO. Also - what about names? For instance, Guardians, and they come from a place I called Center, which shows out to be Council of Nine. Shall I change the name? Then I have 13 Guardians of Light and 13 Guardians of Darkness, which themselves are not about good vs bad viewing from human perspective, but about creating and destroying. Phew.... I would be plagiarizing if I suddenly changed the whole metaphysical picture into what is said in LOO.
how are you plagiarizing the truth? that's like saying historians are plagiarizers. if someone uses words like "nazis are bad" they're not plagiarizers. there's no TM on "density" or "harvest". those are words. i think Ra, if i may speak for Ra, would be the first to say they don't own words or a universal truth. what they care about is spreading the message. which you would help. but that's just my perspective and i don't really presume to know what Ra would say. you can ask Carla permission. would that help? also, MagentaPixie calls her group the nine and uses words like polarize and harvest. she's also a fan of David Wilcock. i know her stuff isn't fiction but legally it's all the same. i think. someone correct me if not. are you worried about legalness or Carla and Jim or what? i think it's best to talk to Carla about it.

also you can change the words if you want. you can even say ascension.
Ankh, you can see a synopsis of the book, and different aspects of the content here: http://www.thewarlockname.com/

I used to be a member of the sacredg site that is holding a copy of my book. I started giving out my book as a free PDF,
since I wasn't much of a marketer, and I believe it could help some people. I'm going to redo the link and host the book myself. I'm not sure if his site is still working right after he had some major hack attack at the sacredg site.

Maybe after you publish we can exchange copies of our books.
(04-04-2011, 02:23 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Ankh, you can see a synopsis of the book, and different aspects of the content here: http://www.thewarlockname.com/

I've read it, brother! Thank you for sharing! Heart

Quote:I used to be a member of the sacredg site that is holding a copy of my book. I started giving out my book as a free PDF,
since I wasn't much of a marketer, and I believe it could help some people. I'm going to redo the link and host the book myself. I'm not sure if his site is still working right after he had some major hack attack at the sacredg site.

Unfortunately it didn't work.

Quote:Maybe after you publish we can exchange copies of our books.

What a lovely idea! Can you read in swedish though? BigSmile I will try to translate it in english with time, but it going to take time. Right now I am stuck at level 2, not knowing of how to proceed with simple stuff, that is editing so people can understand my mumble. BigSmile
(04-04-2011, 02:10 PM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]are you worried about legalness or Carla and Jim or what? i think it's best to talk to Carla about it.

That is something I haven't been pondering!!! HuhHuhHuh omg... sigh
i think they'd be happy you're spreading the seeds, i would send Carla a message. Smile
Ankh, I have made the PDF available from my site for anyone who wishes to read:

http://www.thewarlockname.com/files/The_...k_Name.pdf

It's been out of print as I mentioned, so I am giving it away now. I still have hardcopies and paperbacks,
which I could swap later when your book is done.
(04-04-2011, 06:45 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Ankh, I have made the PDF available from my site for anyone who wishes to read:

http://www.thewarlockname.com/files/The_...k_Name.pdf

It's been out of print as I mentioned, so I am giving it away now. I still have hardcopies and paperbacks,
which I could swap later when your book is done.

Just saved it on my laptop. Thank you! There are truly no limits for your service and sharing, my brother! Heart

Brittany

Being a writer myself, I would say go for it and finish the book. No matter what other purposes it serves, I believe a writer's creations are a signature of their souls...a potent expression of who they are, and a way to explore the subtle facets of the personality. The LOO has certainly provided inspiration for many of my creations, but it's not like a guideline I feel like I have to adhere to. Imagination is limitless...just let it guide you.

Of course, I've had stories I've ended up scrapping along the way because they just stopped speaking to me, or they evolved into something else entirely. If you feel nothing about this book anymore, it's probably time to move on. Sometimes a character will stand out even if the story dies, and they will carry over into other stories. If worst comes to worst, you can always recycle.
(04-04-2011, 09:06 PM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]Being a writer myself,

I knew you were a writer!! Love your writing style Smile