Bring4th

Full Version: What exactly happened to Don Elkins?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I do apologize for this being quite a dark topic. But I feel it is an important one. I only finished reading the first book and I can't help but wonder what happened to the author.

There is very little information that I was able to find online. Some sources claim that he committed suicide and no further explanations were given.

If this is true, I would like to know what exactly happened? What caused him to do such a thing? What was the situation and circumstance? How was this discovered? etc... the details. I am very interested in knowing the details to such a shifting event.

Does anyone have any info on this?
I would suggest you read "A wanderer's handbook" By Carla L. Rueckert.
You'll find out more and more about 'why' as you progress through the Law of One books. on the .info site, the categories psychic greeting and Ra contact will give you more or less where to look within that material.

I put why in apostrophe's because that's actually a complex question. Having to do with the magical nature of the channeling that opened the group up to a host of mental/emotional attacks.. etc.

Also, the L/L Research channeling transcripts for '83 and '84 will give you more insight. Just browse through those.

A related note: this is more my experience. I was also naturally curious about this at around the same point in the study. I then forgot about that for a while because the material drew me in. Later on, in looking up the Ra channeling group, i came to find out the more personal details, among them, the answer to your question. What i found was that, in the case of Don, the things i was able to get about his life were far more enriching to my outlook and understanding than was the circumstances surrounding his death. I could go on about how specifically. But.. There was beauty in this for me.

I hope your curiosity on this point blossoms into something great for you too. Smile
Sorry for the rant, lol, i just felt i didn't wanna be redundant since Crown's suggestion was great.

Oh.. welcome to the forums Smile
Thank you for the suggestion. I will read that book after I am finished with the Law of One.

I enjoyed the rant. I would actually prefer if everyone started ranting as it offers a lot more to think about.

The link to that thread was what I was aiming for. I was hoping for deep discussions, opinions, speculations, etc.

3DMonkey

Thanks Theaone. I held my tongue because I wasn't providing info to your question, but if rant is okay....

My first thought was, "what exactly happened to me yesterday?" I can't tell you because it's speculative. Exactness is in this moment.... and after this moment..... it's gone.... the intracies and delicacies of exactness vanish each second. I have no proof of my existence yesterday. I know my existence now is comprised of emotional ties with energy centers, ties with energized entities, recognizeable "memories", percieved abilities such as language, and notions from what I have pierced through the veil. These all create the moments in the "past", and the only "proof" of yesterday is what I have today, but yesterday is equally as mysterious as tomorrow.

So why ask "what exactly happened?"... Not to get a fix on the past. No, it's to formulate a belief to grasp in the present. We ask because we want to create a reality in this moment. A reality of how we perceive things. We fish. We bait our fishing line with things like pretext and context. We hope to catch reassurance to validate the belief we set out to believe.

Well, we have the ability to go ahead and make the fish jump right into the boat. It is within our power due to Confusion, or Free Will, to manifest our thoughts in the present at the snap of a finger.

What exactly happened in the past is only what I believe in the present. Our idea of each past moment comes with presence in this moment, and we shape each moment however we choose.
( damn I think I'm smart Wink)

3DMonkey

(04-09-2011, 04:05 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]we want to create a reality in this moment. A reality of how we perceive things. We fish. We bait our fishing line with things like pretext and context. We hope to catch reassurance to validate the belief we set out to believe.

Well, we have the ability to go ahead and make the fish jump right into the boat. It is within our power due to Confusion, or Free Will, to manifest our thoughts in the present at the snap of a finger.

Brilliant. Can I get an amen?
lol dude quotes himself! where's your humbletude!?

3DMonkey

(04-09-2011, 01:43 PM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]lol dude quotes himself! where's your humbletude!?

It's my humor. Not conceit. Tongue You are terrific, Ocean. You have style and grace.

Love
*gets a bloated ego*
There's also some information in Book V, if my memory serves me well.
Book V talks on this subject. In Don's mind, he took Carla's position of being the brunt of the attacks from negative entities. He eventually became extremely paranoid and later physically sick.

He was asked to go to a hospital, which he refused. The police used tear gas (?!) to get him to come out of the house, at which point Don took his own life with a gun.

It's a sad story, and yet, as Ens Entium states, the circumstances surrounding his life were far more interesting.
the police shoulda just let him be. Don must have been scared. i hope his soul is at rest.
The police!!! Who did call the Police and why??? Was he threatenig someone except himself? What an ignorant thing to do to call the police to help someone that is paranoid...

...makes me remember when "they" came to take my paranoid mother to the mental hospital by force when I was 4 and i heared her screaming and when the police came on Christmas eve when i was 16 to bring her back to the mental hospital...long story

transiten
(05-04-2011, 08:08 AM)transiten Wrote: [ -> ]...makes me remember when "they" came to take my paranoid mother to the mental hospital by force when I was 4 and i heared her screaming and when the police came on Christmas eve when i was 16 to bring her back to the mental hospital...long story

I am very sad to hear that, transiten Sad

We all have suffered much. Time for a wave of love and sanity to enter.

Let us heal the past together and birth the future in mutual love. May the ONE in us give us all strength.
(05-04-2011, 10:08 AM)Confused Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-04-2011, 08:08 AM)transiten Wrote: [ -> ]...makes me remember when "they" came to take my paranoid mother to the mental hospital by force when I was 4 and i heared her screaming and when the police came on Christmas eve when i was 16 to bring her back to the mental hospital...long story

I am very sad to hear that, transiten Sad

We all have suffered much. Time for a wave of love and sanity to enter.

Let us heal the past together and birth the future in mutual love. May the ONE in us give us all strength.

Thankyou Confused Heart I can feel your motherly cancerian lunar concern. Is it not a wonder how healing can occur through synchronicity directing us from one thread to another.

transiten
(05-04-2011, 11:27 AM)transiten Wrote: [ -> ]Is it not a wonder how healing can occur through synchronicity directing us from one thread to another.

True, t. b4th has become a family in many ways Heart

Though we may never be able to directly enter each others' life and set things right, we can at least channel some energies collectively into our problems. That may help the the self to be strengthened by the love/light of other-selves, in terms of viewing and correcting imbalances with courage and sagacity.

Or so can we hope!
(05-04-2011, 08:08 AM)transiten Wrote: [ -> ]The police!!! Who did call the Police and why??? Was he threatenig someone except himself? What an ignorant thing to do to call the police to help someone that is paranoid...

This was many years ago, but I think that Jim and Carla brought in the authorities out of concern for Don's survival. They had seen him recover from dark moods before and be excellent, productive company again, and ran out of ideas. They loved him to the point of willing to do anything to keep him around.

I submit that his green ray love for Carla pushed him into a depressive state when he saw no end to the psychic greetings, then further into making the big sacrifice. Looking back, I think that if anything could have stopped him it would have been trying to make the case for the blue ray of wisdom. Only Jim and Carla could have done that, and maybe they tried.

I think Don illustrated that even though 3D lives are congested with catalysis, many of us can and do serve others very well. He managed to "complete" a large body of very helpful information for all of us, and more every day.

Transiten, my heart goes out to you.
Thankyou kycahi!

I can understand that in a difficult situation like that there was perhaps no other option, i just reacted to the fact that if someone is paranoid the police will make it worse..

transiten

Alkhemist

I mean no disrespect in any way when I say this is a fascinating topic. I had the impression there was a LOT more going on with Don than simple depression. It was clear to me that Don was a 5th density Wanderer, and as such, he had a hard time adjusting to 3rd density. I remember reading that he was frustrated and heartbroken over the state of our planet, and as soon as his "job" was complete, he left.

Of course, it wasn't seen so cut-and-dried by those he left behind! I can't imagine how terrible it would be to lose one's mate in such a way. Just thinking about how Carla must've felt brings tears to my eyes every time.

I also had the impression that doing this incredibly valuable work of Light attracted the attention of negative entities who wished only to extinguish said Light. They didn't "make" Don kill himself; they most likely exploited his weaknesses to the tipping point. Yet to Don's eternal credit, he brought humanity the Ra contact. For that, in my humble opinion, he should be sainted. (And I'm sure he's laughing hysterically at that!) Angel
(04-18-2011, 06:59 AM)Edinburgh Wrote: [ -> ]Book V talks on this subject. In Don's mind, he took Carla's position of being the brunt of the attacks from negative entities. He eventually became extremely paranoid and later physically sick.

He was asked to go to a hospital, which he refused. The police used tear gas (?!) to get him to come out of the house, at which point Don took his own life with a gun.

It's a sad story, and yet, as Ens Entium states, the circumstances surrounding his life were far more interesting.

"The color of his eyes even changed from deep, brilliant sky-blue to navy."

that is very interesting.
I had an odd reaction when reading Carla's account of the police incident. It was a shock when my eyes scanned the words and I felt like I could not read it fast enough, could not believe it.. but it wasn't until the next day when my wife asked me if something was wrong that I relayed the story and it broke my heart. I started talking and very soon could barely get the words out, breaking into tears with a hard throat that could barely swallow, shaking.. I had to just let it all out and I felt much better for it.

At the time I thought it was odd that I was so affected by the retelling - it caught me completely off guard. It wasn't just the loss of Don, it was everything that he had given, the Ra information, the feelings of the 5 books I had just finished reading for the first time. Even now just typing this I've had to wipe away tears which is a little awkward given that I'm sat in an open plan office!

I guess it goes to show that (apart from me being a big softy!) the material from the group is powerful stuff and I'm very grateful that it came my way. Of all the books I've read over the years the Law of One has left a lasting impression that has made me strive for the light.
Dan
I'm glad the Law of One has such an impact on you coldwired. I love the concepts such as Logos and densities.
Not to be a thread digger and especially on a topic some may consider dark or cold but I wish to know:

Quote:67.8 Questioner: In order for this group to be fully in service to the Creator, since we recognize this fifth-density entity as the Creator, we must also attempt to serve, in any way we can, this entity. Is it possible for you to communicate to us the desires of this entity if there are any in addition to simply ceasing the reception and dissemination of that which you provide for us?

Ra: I am Ra. This entity has two desires. The first and foremost is to, shall we say, misplace one or more of this group in a negative orientation so that it may choose to be of service along the path of service to self. The objective which must precede this is the termination of the physical complex viability of one of this group while the mind/body/spirit complex is within a controllable configuration. May we say that although we of Ra have limited understanding, it is our belief that sending this entity love and light, which each of the group is doing, is the most helpful catalyst which the group may offer to this entity.

What do these words say to you all in relation to Don?
"Within a controllable configuration" = in trance or something similar. I don't think it's relevant to Don's death.
I have been trying to understand what happened to Don for years now. I think I may have been (or perhaps may still be?) on the same path as him. I want to continue this experience, so I think you can understand my earnest attempts to understand.

I recently stumbled on this quote from session 35. Please keep in mind I am not directly comparing Don to Adolf Hitler or suggesting that he was on the negative path.

35.4 Wrote:Questioner: I would now like to ask for the same type of information with respect to Adolf Hitler. You have given a little of this already. It is not necessary to re-cover what you have already given, but if you could complete that information it would be helpful.

Ra: I am Ra. In speaking of the one you call Adolf we have some difficulty due to the intense amount of confusion present in this entity’s life patterns as well as the great confusion which greets any discussion of this entity.

Here we see an example of one who, in attempting activation of the highest rays of energy while lacking the green-ray key, canceled itself out as far as polarization either towards positive or negative. This entity was basically negative. However, its confusion was such that the personality disintegrated, thus leaving the mind/body/spirit complex unharvestable and much in need of healing.

This entity followed the pattern of negative polarization which suggests the elite and the enslaved, this being seen by the entity to be of an helpful nature for the societal structure. However, in drifting from the conscious polarization into what you may call a twilight world where dream took the place of events in your space/time continuum, this entity failed in its attempt to serve the Creator in an harvestable degree along the path of service to self. Thus we see the so-called insanity which may often arise when an entity attempts to polarize more quickly than experience may be integrated.

We have advised and suggested caution and patience in previous communications and do so again, using this entity as an example of the over-hasty opening of polarization without due attention to the synthesized and integrated mind/body/spirit complex. To know your self is to have the foundation upon firm ground.

I think if you apply this knowledge to the positive polarity, it is equally possible for this to happen. Since we do not know Don's thoughts, nobody can say for sure. I can say that I was extremely earnest in my attempts to understand the Ra Material and polarize on the positive path, which was a very far cry from what I was doing before I "woke up". I just wanted to learn as quickly as I could intellectually, but did very little to integrate the knowledge I was learning. I studied the material as the 'detached, objective scientist'. IMO, Don also approached the whole endeavor with the same attitude. If you are detached from the material, you certainly aren't integrating what is learned.

There is also another similar quote in the material that says something to the effect of: 'if knowledge isn't used, the training tools become negative'. I must be wording it differently because I can't seem to find it. However, once I first ran across that quote, I slammed on the brakes and only carefully proceed with Seeking once I can be sure I have integrated the knowledge I have intellectually learned.
I think Don was extremely positively polarised, Ra would not have made contact with a group if any of the entities in the trio were of negative polarity. You can also sense his polarisation in his questions, as least I can. Carla explains quite in depth what happened to Don in book 5, and it's important to remember that the contact was like a "blinding cynosure", as Carla described it, in terms of attracting negative attention. They were essentially under constant surveillance by the negatives, to find a way to end the contact. Don's doubts about Carla's love for him, and as Carla said "they didn't survive "three-ness", ultimately provided the opening the negative 5th density entity used to undermine the harmony in the group, and which led to Don's mental deterioration.

Don's alienation to Earth's vibration was significant, when him and Carla "switched" places, she experienced the terror he lived in for the first time. It's perhaps not the best thing to compare your personal experiences to the very unique conditions of the Ra contact, which was a potent magical working.

For me Don was always the one that got the wheel turning, and I shed many tears while reading book 5, it felt like a personal loss to me. His absolutely singular focus is commendable.
Parsons Wrote:I studied the material as the 'detached, objective scientist'. IMO, Don also approached the whole endeavor with the same attitude. If you are detached from the material, you certainly aren't integrating what is learned.

While Don was a scientist, and described his approach as scientific in the intro, I never experienced him as detached. Carla always said she never saw him as happy as after a session, and he physically jumped up and down with the first contact, someone who is usually very reserved.

For someone to say "I personally will not cease while still incarnate to disseminate this.", doesn't really appear to me as a detached, scientific attitude. I don't know I personally experienced him very passionate...  Smile Best questioner we could have hoped for.
Quote:For someone to say "I personally will not cease while still incarnate to disseminate this.", doesn't really appear to me as a detached, scientific attitude.

I think this is very insightful. Sometimes it is hard to square the gifts that Don brought to the contact with the way it all turned out. We want this story wrapped in a neat bow, and we try really hard to put it in a way where all is understood and places our individual journeys in a larger framework. But we are as subject to the paradoxes as Don, Carla, and Jim were, and nothing in the part of ourselves that demands perfectly tractable logical order will make this stuff both understood and workable. It is something we must accept, warts and all.

Re-reading book 5, I noticed this time how many times Carla would mention affirming the perfection of the situations she recounted. As we survey the transient events that surrounded the contact, it's not an uncalled for exercise for us to practice as well.
Jeremy Wrote:But we are as subject to the paradoxes as Don, Carla, and Jim were

A lot of the way things turned out, serves as a tremendous teaching tool in itself, very directly for Carla and Jim, but also for us. We can take Don's "mistakes", and learn from them and realize the importance of open communication, trust and faith. Now that 32 years has passed, the tragic nature of the events have less sting, and the momentous achievement is all that remains. The body is but a thing of yesterday.
Pages: 1 2 3 4